Changing palette order?

Brendor

[1:33:06 PM] Robert House: is there anyway to make multiple images have to same palette

wjlZh2J.png

aPGmNEW.png
[1:34:06 PM] Robert House: they use the same colors but the color order is different
[1:34:14 PM] Princess Juicy Lucy: oh i see
[1:34:25 PM] Robert House: so if I load the second image with the original palette the colors get fucked
[1:34:36 PM] Princess Juicy Lucy: yeah idk actually, since if you load a palette-- yeah

Basically I want to know if there's any simple way I could change the palette order on individual frames so that I can use only one palette. Thanks a lot.

I've figured it out on both programs I use. Fireworks: treat it as a animated GIF then export that GIFs frames, all frames will have the same auto-generated palette (will crush excess colors, didn't find any in those two frames); GraphicsGale: File->batch conversion and specify the palette you want to utilize, can also sit there and do it manually on a palette-locked workspace. Any color outside the palette will just go to nearest equivalent.). I can do the conversion for you if it's just one scene you wanted to convert.

For standalone/free, maybe someone out there's created a script?

I'm going to try Fireworks because the frames were ripped from an edited gif anyway. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank for the info.

Edit: I tried it and I got it to export the frames as pngs but they still have different palettes when I open them in Usenti

Edited by Brendor

Whoops, just GraphicsGale then (if it's just the one thing PM me and I can process it for you). Confirmed GG can do fixed palettes and it worked, not sure if FW changed or I just had false memory there. :/

http://puu.sh/vgcVL.zip Hope that works.

Quick and dirty process:

1. Grab and save a palette (I just used the first frame)

vgcTv.png

2.  File-> Batch Conversion

vgd2q.png

3. On Input tab, select frames you wanna convert/palette match

vgd5b.png

4. On Option tab, grab the palette file you saved in Step 1.  Match Pixels with Colors should be ticked, Color Depth probably could've been set to 8bpp/256c too. Depends on how mixed up your frames are. I just derped around here until it worked.

vgd9s.png

5. Go to Ouput, click Convert, should spit out converted files in specified folder

vgdCA.png

Edited by Lenh