I think I've already stated this multiple times before, but...

Honestly I still can't get over how amazing the music is in this game. Like, I listened to every song and I loved every single one. I then proceeded to download them all onto my phone (though if they release the Soundtrack separately from the special editions, I'll totally buy it) and now I just listen to it when I'm working at school or whatever.

All the songs are composed very well and the songs have a wonderful centralized style/theme. Even if you don't like the specific song, you have to admit that it's still a very well-made one. Initially, I thought Awakening had some of the best music in the entire series. Then Fates came out, and I thought that was even better than Awakening. Now Echoes is coming out, and I must say, it truly does trump every other game in terms of music. (And honestly art as well) The songs do an amazing job at delivering the mood that they're trying to convey, which is great. Oh, and the usage of real instruments was a very very nice touch. All the vocals are 10/10. It's just... they went all out in terms of music for this game and it shows.

I kid you not, even if the gameplay isn't amazing and the story is only alright, the music and art will make it all up for me. That's how high in regard I hold all of this.

Anyways, there's my long rant about the music (and some art) out of the way. Feel free to comment your thoughts on the soundtrack if you've listened to it, or maybe questions/other comments you'd like to ask/say. Here's to SoV having the best soundtrack in all of Fire Emblem! (At least from a stylized/composition standpoint)

It's the same case with Toukiden series. The game is average, but what catches people's eyes the most is not the gameplay itself, but Hidari's character design and portaits. Whenever they appear, most players look at them first. 

This game is no different, of course, courtesy to Hidari once again with her amazing art. The amazing music in Echoes only serves to make this game even more memorable.

Edited by Lyrai

I totally agree. Even if this game might not be everything I hoped for (even though I'm sure it will be), the art and music definitely beats the others in the 3ds era. I can really only can compare it to Fates and Awakening, as those are the two I've fully completed, but it's presentation already makes me feel super attached to it. I would really hope that Hidari continued doing more in the future.

This isn't a major thing and hardly affects the actually game, but I really like the unique victory animations for every character. I feel like it adds more to the uniqueness of each of them. I had no where else to really say this so I thought I'd put it here.

Edited by KongDude88

2 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

This isn't a major thing and hardly affects the actually game, but I really like the unique victory animations for every character. I feel like it adds more to the uniqueness of each of them. I had no where else to really say this so I thought I'd put it here

You and me both. I love Saber's animation in specific, haha. I hope they retain this uniqueness throughout all their promotions, though I'm sure they will. :3

1 hour ago, SuperIb said:

You and me both. I love Saber's animation in specific, haha. I hope they retain this uniqueness throughout all their promotions, though I'm sure they will. :3

The villagers all keep their's when promoting so I'm pretty sure they all will.

24 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

I don't want to be that person, but it's never wise to state an individual's opinions as facts.

Is this about the composition thing? Because if it is, the composition is still better than all the other titles in the series. You don't need to like it, but it is better. Also, if you don't want to be that person, then don't? :p (And yes I'm aware)

EDIT: Sorry if I come off as a dick, I'm not in the greatest mood atm.

Edited by SuperIb

48 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

Is this about the composition thing? Because if it is, the composition is still better than all the other titles in the series. You don't need to like it, but it is better. Also, if you don't want to be that person, then don't? :p (And yes I'm aware)

EDIT: Sorry if I come off as a dick, I'm not in the greatest mood atm.

You cannot just make a baseless assertion like that. You've made it fairly obvious that you're excited for this game, as am I, but please try not to force your opinion onto others. Also, you do have a point, but I felt as though it was needed to be said. Trivial arguments aside, i do believe that this game has an amazing OST, Celica's Map Theme 1 in particular.

I think my favourite part of the soundtrack is how close to the source material they've kept it. I was expecting revamp of the soundtrack like New Mystery, where many of the songs' phrasing and rhythms were changed, but the spirit of the original songs has been kept. They even changed the godawful village theme into something epic.

I'm a sucker for anything with a choir in it, it makes the battles feel bigger in my opinion. I prefer Alm's battle theme.

I like all of the 2D art and redesigns (been replaying Awakening lately and looked through the Gaiden section of the Spot-pass bonus teams and the revamp was needed tbh); however, maybe it's because of the 2D/3D hybrid style they are going for the CGI movie cut scenes but those I feel look terrible.

You've made it fairly obvious that you're excited for this game, as am I, but please try not to force your opinion onto others.

First off, the way you wrote that is as if you're speaking to a child, which honestly irritates me. Secondly, I'm not...? I think I'd have written differently if that's what I was trying to do. I have reread my initial post. I'm really not sure what you're referring to.

EDIT: Regardless, it's not my intention. I can't help it if you interpret what I say the way you do, though.

You cannot just make a baseless assertion like that.

When it comes to composition, all you need is a good ear (And maybe a class or two about music comp.). I can't stress that enough. It really is easy to tell. Sorry if you disagree, but I'm standing by this regardless. :/

Edited by SuperIb

43 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

First off, the way you wrote that is as if you're speaking to a child, which honestly irritates me. Secondly, I'm not...? I think I'd have written differently if that's what I was trying to do. I have reread my initial post. I'm really not sure what you're referring to.

I did not say that with condescension in mind.

Secondly, this line in particular irks me:

"The composition is still better than all the other titles in the series. You don't need to like it, but it is better." and is the main reason why I wrote what I said. You immediately assumed that I may have disliked the music/composition (Which was not the case at all) and made the same subjective claim that you have already stated multiple times. 

43 minutes ago, SuperIb said:

When it comes to composition, all you need is a good ear (And maybe a class or two about music comp.). I can't stress that enough. It really is easy to tell. Sorry if you disagree, but I'm standing by this regardless. :/

At this point let us simply agree to disagree/move on as you are set in your ways. 

Edited by Indifferent

The music is indeed amazing, I love it. But claiming that is objectively better than any other game in the series is not right in my opinion , hell, dare I say: nothing in this game beats Justice RIP or Road Taken from Fates for me actually. 

But yes, asi I said.The music is indeed amazing, I particularly like the endgame theme.

4 hours ago, Indifferent said:

You immediately assumed that I may have disliked the music/composition

I don't think that though. I don't care if you like it or not. I'm not talking about personal taste.

4 hours ago, Indifferent said:

as you are set in your ways. 

Okay whatever.

1 hour ago, Purikaman said:

nothing in this game beats Justice RIP or Road Taken from Fates for me actually.

I don't mean the music. You can definitely like the music in other games better because some songs are just REALLY good in the other games. There are plenty of songs I like better in other games, I just mean that they way the songs in Echoes are written, the way they're constructed is better. They have a really good central style/theme that allows for more song diversity and they utilize more musical techniques, unusual chords (especially with some of the vocals) and real instruments.

I don't want people to confuse me saying that the composition being better means the songs are better in terms of personal taste. Composition can be objectively better, personal taste is just whatever you like. I could care less if you hate the music in the game and if you like all of the Sacred Stones soundtrack over it. My entire point was just that yet again, the songs are simply written better. That's all I'm saying.

@SuperIb, would you be able to elaborate more on why the composition in this game is better than in other games? Examples would be great; lengthy elaboration will be read. I'm kind of an all-purpose nerd, so I'd be interested to read any insights you have.

(Also, I find Awakening's soundtrack more generally hummable than Fates's, so I cannot agree with you there.)

do actually think the soundtrack is the best in the series, but that's not without a lot of competition.

16 hours ago, Agro said:

They even changed the godawful village theme into something epic.

man, that original village theme was hype, i dunno what you're talking about

it wasn't the best music in gaiden but it was certainly above acceptable

Edited by Tryhard

45 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

"It truly does trump every other game in terms of music."

Context. That was my personal opinion on the music in terms of how it sounded to me.

45 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

"I don't mean the music."

That was in response to somebody else when I was talking about the composition aspect. You can't just take two sentences from different posts and put them together. Look at the context first next time, please.

28 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

would you be able to elaborate more on why the composition in this game is better than in other games? Examples would be great; lengthy elaboration will be read. I'm kind of an all-purpose nerd, so I'd be interested to read any insights you have.

Sure. I'll do it later though. My friend and I are big music buffs when it comes to soundtracks and all that, so I want to go over my thoughts with him first and then I'll write up something refined.

Edited by SuperIb

My apologies, that was petty.

Also, upon doing some research I realized that a composition can be judged objectively, however the value of said composition is purely subjective, and you can't make the transition from "___ has internal logic" to "____ is objectively better." My standards may not necessarily be your standards and therefore are not by any means universally held. In other words they are subjective standards you are using to judge the worth of the music. 
Edited by Indifferent

One thing I felt with Awakening OST, is that whilst it fits with the nature of the game (being a rebrand of FE essentially) and has some standout tracks, it lacks the emphasis on having a memorable melody as its base (and by extension Fates sounded like Awakening in terms of style). SoV's soundtrack is essentially an reimagining of Gaiden with added bonus tracks so it has a lot of solid melodies to work from. But during the NES days all the ost kind of had to focus on memoriable melodies since there wasn't exactly much room for adding variety otherwise (the link takes you to a really good documentary series about Japan's video game music history where they interview some awesome composers).

I still having the Radiant ark melody looping through my head gosh darn it Yuka Tsujiyoko, you're too good! Either way I think all the music staff are doing a great job with the recent work on SoV being a standout. 

Edited by dap005

1 minute ago, dap005 said:

One thing I felt with Awakening OST, is that whilst it fits with the nature of the game (being a rebrand of FE essentially) and has some standout tracks, it lacks the emphasis on having a memorable melody as its base (and by extension Fates sounded like Awakening in terms of style). SoV's soundtrack is essentially an reimagining of Gaiden with added bonus tracks so it has a lot of solid melodies to work from. But during the NES days all the ost kind of had to focus on memoriable melodies since there wasn't exactly much room for adding variety otherwise (the link takes you to a really good documentary series about Japan's video game music history where they interview some awesome composers). I still having the Radiant ark melody looping through my head gosh darn it Yuka Tsujiyoko, you're too good!

Either way I think all the music staff are doing a great job with the recent work on SoV being a standout. 

While I disagree that Fates sounded like Awakening stylistically, I agree with everything else you've said.

13 minutes ago, Indifferent said:

Also, upon doing some research I realized that a composition can be judged objectively, however the value of said composition is purely subjective, and you can't make the transition from "___ has internal logic" to "____ is objectively better." My standards may not necessarily be your standards and therefore are not by any means universally held. In other words they are subjective standards you are using to judge the worth of the music.

I don't feel as if I'm judging the worth of the music, at least that's not my intent nor how I see it. I listen to and enjoy a lot of Fire Emblem soundtracks, it's just Echoes' is seemingly better written. I'll make a write-up later of why I said Echoes' composition is objectively better, probably on a separate post because I don't want to derail this one too heavily.

Edited by SuperIb

I want to agree with this but I don't like the Celica Map 2 remake at all. It was one of my favorite tracks. Every other track has pretty much blown me away, but that one's totally weird. I also don't like how they just made the Victory themes the map themes for the second half of the game... nitpicking.

I do think that Gaiden had one of the most solid soundtracks in the series before the re-make. Just about every tune was well done and really memorable; I've always viewed the music in Gaiden to be one of its strongest suits and one of the main reasons I adored the game.

Echoes has exceeded pretty much all expectations and made what was already amazing just that much better. Echoes is definitely going to rank very high on my list of FE games, that's for sure, if only for the music and the artstyle.

5 minutes ago, NaokiP said:

I want to agree with this but I don't like the Celica Map 2 remake at all. It was one of my favorite tracks. Every other track has pretty much blown me away, but that one's totally weird. I also don't like how they just made the Victory themes the map themes for the second half of the game... nitpicking.

I mean, the whole sound track is really good, but hearing the same track over and over for each map will definitely get old.