I think I've already stated this multiple times before, but...

Just now, KongDude88 said:

I mean, the whole sound track is really good, but hearing the same track over and over for each map will definitely get old.

Not if they're really good tracks, which they definitely are in Echoes. I liked the Celica theme variation change from chapter 2 to chapter 3 and would have preferred more in that style: add more instruments, change up the melody. Don't just use the original victory themes as Chapter 4 and onwards map theme... It completely threw me off

16 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

I mean, the whole sound track is really good, but hearing the same track over and over for each map will definitely get old.

Especially with Alm's map theme, which seems to be the shortest song. At least Celica's has more length, haha.

10 hours ago, Indifferent said:

While I disagree that Fates sounded like Awakening stylistically, I agree with everything else you've said.

On second thoughts ye Fates definitely does differentiate itself from Awakening. I do find the evolution of osts and styles overtime interesting.

21 hours ago, dap005 said:

One thing I felt with Awakening OST, is that whilst it fits with the nature of the game (being a rebrand of FE essentially) and has some standout tracks, it lacks the emphasis on having a memorable melody as its base (and by extension Fates sounded like Awakening in terms of style). SoV's soundtrack is essentially an reimagining of Gaiden with added bonus tracks so it has a lot of solid melodies to work from. But during the NES days all the ost kind of had to focus on memoriable melodies since there wasn't exactly much room for adding variety otherwise (the link takes you to a really good documentary series about Japan's video game music history where they interview some awesome composers).

I still having the Radiant ark melody looping through my head gosh darn it Yuka Tsujiyoko, you're too good! Either way I think all the music staff are doing a great job with the recent work on SoV being a standout. 

It's the same for the Game Boy as well. It's an extreme example, but Lufia TLR have one of the best OST I've heard in any video games, and it's in the GB. 

Anyway, honnestly, one of my main reason for wanting other games remaked is to have Hidari and whoever is in charge of the music works on it again. This is what contributes on making SoV an amazing Gaiden adaptation.

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

It's the same for the Game Boy as well. It's an extreme example, but Lufia TLR have one of the best OST I've heard in any video games, and it's in the GB. 

Anyway, honnestly, one of my main reason for wanting other games remaked is to have Hidari and whoever is in charge of the music works on it again. This is what contributes on making SoV an amazing Gaiden adaptation.

Yuka Tsujiyoko did the original gaiden compositions (she's sound supervisor for echoes as well) and those that worked on new Fe music staff (Takeru Kanazaki, Yasuhisa Baba) did the new compositions for SoV.

Now if they were to revamp the work of Tsujiyoko's massive 114 track for a FE4 remake...let's just say it's something to look forward to haha. 

They definitely stepped it up in terms of music quality this time around. Its overall theme is particularly good and fits very well. I can't say i have a favorite which is a good thing because i like so many of the tracks its hard to pick. Awakening and Fates for me had overall fairly forgettable tracks and nothing really grabbed my attention in a big way. So this iteration has definitely raised my hopes on terms of quality