So...i'll be completing Maniac of FE12 in a few days and i want to head towards Lunatic after this. So i would like to know exactly what i'm getting into

Judging by the stats of the enemies on Maniac i can only imagine the enemies will probably be capped or close to that. Most of them will have Forged weapons or something like that.

So exactly. How hard is it ?

I won't be using the Growth Drop or Rainbow Potion

Hm, how hard is it? Really hard if you don't know what you're doing. And even then, you need some RNG mojo to pull it out. You'll need a really powerful mage to use Starlight and defeat Gharnef and get the Falchion, and Marth needs to have really high speed in order not to get doubled by Medeus. And if aren't able to get the Fire Emblem, better restart the whole save since then the Earth Dragons won't be dispelled in the final maps.

and even then there's reverse Lunatic

You'll want a good grasp on reclass, along with who the best units in the game are, such as Luke, Palla, abd pretty much every prologue unit who stays with you right out the gate, 

A good mage is ideal yes, as is having certain people maybe use bishop every now and again, Lunatic is going to test you on stats and strats, you'll also want good forges, and enemies will not hesitate to use their own modified weapons. Late game the class you'll want is Horsemen because their caps are the best.

Lunatic is also when the cast imbalances are brought fully to the forefront.

Edited by Jedi

Don't spread out the Spirit Dusts unless you have a mage with great luck proccing Magic (easier said than done) or rig like I did. You need 27 Magic to blow up Gharnef, 26 if you can get them to A Tomes but that's a reach goal for several characters without an Arms Scroll. And there are better places to use your scrolls. A Magic Bond can help ease it though, and you'll get one or two from supports.

Speaking of tough foes, by all means you want to have Marth cap Str/Spd and have enough HP/Def to stomach a 60-damage attack.

There are also ideal times to use the Rescue and Again staffs, it's best to identify them so that you don't run out. In particular, two or three uses for endgame depending on your team composition. Hammerne is only worth using on these staffs unless you know all the ins and outs of Lunatic and can get away with less.

There's no Warp in Lunatic ?

Wich mage is the best for Lunatic.

Linde is kinda squishy so i think its Either Katarina or Etzel

I'm aware or RNG and that stuff. I think my team would be. Marth, MU, Palla, Luke, Catria, Sirius, Mallesia, Feena, Caeda, and maybe one of the mages but not sure wich one

• 3 months later...

(Yeah this is late w/e)

Lunatic doesn't only take away a bunch of items like the silver card and warp. It also tinkers around with reinforcement timings to be by turns or by positions. Most notably chapter 20 when pretty much every reinforcement on the map triggers when you cross the two heroes. 

Like stated previously, reclassing is your best friend. You also might want to know how to maneuver around enemy AI. From what I recall, if an enemy will kill, it will ignore all enemy order and attack protocol. And it gives the same priority to units it can kill with a crit that has a chance above 2% (proof, there's a killer lance paladin that moves before everyone else, even though if you check enemy order it makes no sense for him to do so (ask Rengor for the specifics).

Edited by Ziggy McDougal

• 1 month later...

I've been playing through the beginning of my Lunatic run, which is also my first run on this game overall. I've also decided that I won't be using any of the DLC items here, nor will I use the Arena unless I am really, really, reaaaaally at my wits' end at some point (and even then I'll keep it at the bare minimum). So far, I've got the Prologue and Chapter 1&2 down.

I was actually dreading the second chapter because it got kinda hectic when I played it in the SNES original, and that was nowhere near as hard as Lunatic here... But it turned out to be a pretty easy one, maybe because the wyvern riders are less active than in the original or something. Chapter 1 was actually more difficult due to the axe-wielder avalanche at the start and everyone minus My Unit sucking ass.

I may update here on my run now and then, either to vent frustration or "brag". Hope that's an okay thing to do.

On 12/4/2017 at 0:13 AM, Zeik said:

There's no Warp in Lunatic ?

Wich mage is the best for Lunatic.

Linde is kinda squishy so i think its Either Katarina or Etzel

I'm aware or RNG and that stuff. I think my team would be. Marth, MU, Palla, Luke, Catria, Sirius, Mallesia, Feena, Caeda, and maybe one of the mages but not sure wich one

I know this is a months old post, but for whomever reads this thread in the future I'd actually like to recommend Malicia/Malessia/however you prefer to spell it.

She turned out amazing for me - far better than Linde, in fact. High magic, high speed, high defense [for a magic unit, I'm talking 13 or more], high resistance... High everything, really. Just by healing folks frequently with her I got her up to Level 20 in no time at all. By the end of Chapter 5 she reached the level cap as a cleric, then I promoted and reclassed her to sage. She is still the main healing unit now, but also the best magic user I have by a landslide.

Linde in comparison takes a lot more time to reach higher levels since she has no option to heal early on unless you reclass her, plus her HP along with her defense make for a pretty pathetic combination in Lunatic mode - it takes some time for her to even withstand a single hit.

I do use both currently, mind you - and passed on Merric this time - but I have a pretty clear idea of which of the two is better. Also, since Aura isn't even limited to Linde this time around, that's yet another thing she had that is gone now.