Camilla's Eye or Another Minor, Likely Stupid Question

Into Oblivion

I was going to ask this on one of the Fire Emblem forums on the site I post my stuff on, but I chickened out. Since I'm not planning on being a permanent forester, I don't really mind if I make a fool of myself here.

Anyway, I've been reading a few Fates stories, and some of them reference Camilla having a scar on her eye. I've been trying to get a good look at her portrait whenever it gets a close up, like during critical attacks or when I invite her over. But I'm not seeing it, either that or I'm just not noticing it. So, I'm just wondering is this actually part of her design or is it just a fan theory? I know one story mentions seeing hundreds of stories being written that mention it, so I assumed it was part of her design, but I'm starting to lean more towards fan theory myself, like what's under the hair covering her other eye.

I'm actually not certain. I also want to say that her eye is covered due to design choice, but I'm hesitant. The wikia (which can admittedly be wrong at times) doesn't mention anything about it.

However, I feel like it's mentioned in-game that she has a scar. But, it could be that fanon has somehow put that belief into me due to how prevalent it is. I would have to either read through all of her supports to see if it is mentioned, and I honestly don't want to do that.

Until further notice, I say that it was just a part of her design with no true bearing on anything.

Edited by saisymbolic
elaboration

Probably a design choice. The scar is a nice fan theory, but it is only that. A damn shame, as it would have made for an interesting bit of world building if Camilla did have a scar there from some prior conflict, like say, the cutthroat politics of Nohr's "concubine war"?

2 hours ago, warchiefwilliams said:

Probably a design choice. The scar is a nice fan theory, but it is only that. A damn shame, as it would have made for an interesting bit of world building if Camilla did have a scar there from some prior conflict, like say, the cutthroat politics of Nohr's "concubine war"?

That's all I needed to know, if there was some canon evidence for it or if it was just something the fans made up. It's a good theory, that's for sure, given it was kill or be killed for the Nohrian siblings. I even have my own theory on that, that it was Camilla's own mother who put the hit out on her, but that's definitely a fan theory.

Anyway, this has served it's purpose, so unless anyone wants it open, this can be locked or deleted.

I don't think there's any canon mention of a scar over Camilla's eye.

Interestingly, the My Room models actually have their faces under their bangs modeled, it's just the hair is always blocking it. Removing that layer shows that her eye is perfectly normal underneath. Peri's covered eye, however, is interesting; she has heterochromia. I don't think there's any way of knowing that without taking the game apart, either.

Edited by Anomalocaris

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I don't think there's any canon mention of a scar over Camilla's eye.

Interestingly, the My Room models actually have their faces under their bangs modeled, it's just the hair is always blocking it. Removing that layer shows that her eye is perfectly normal underneath. Peri's covered eye, however, is interesting; she has heterochromia. I don't think there's any way of knowing that without taking the game apart, either.

Wow. That was impressive. Like I said, I just wanted to know if there was something mentioned in canon or not, since it seemed to be such a prevalent fan theory. I mean it wasn't the first time I'd read some theories about this sort of thing. During the prime of the Tellius games, I read one fan's theory that Lucia had a blind eye under her hair. So, I'm no stranger to this, but as I said, with how often I'd read it, this time I wondered if they had some canon base for it.

And on that link you posted, wow. Who knew Saizo had a smile under that mask. XD

On 4/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, warchiefwilliams said:

I actually have a headcanon like that. It's really interesting to think about it that way, to be honest.

1 hour ago, takupeachii said:

I actually have a headcanon like that. It's really interesting to think about it that way, to be honest.

In my opinion, Fates is made far more decent and enjoyable through the judicious application of headcanons. Just look at how many threads in the Fates sub-forum involve people's headcanons.