Fire Emblem Heroes Maintenance causing overload of hype for next game! What do I do?

Marth_of_Altea

Hi, everyone:

As most of you know, Fire Emblem Heroes is down for maintenance, and I already have an overload of hype for the upcoming Fire Emblem game; so this is a serious case of overhype without a cure I can think of. I'm out of ideas and fear I might go crazy before heroes goes back online. Any suggestions on what I should do to curb this hype? I've tried playing chess on an 6 X 8 grid (assigning statistics to each piece), playing the original Gaiden, and attempting to keep my mind occupied with other activities.

Thank you for keeping my sanity in check better than (Fates Spoiler).

Spoiler

a certain dragon from a certain kingdom

Edit: Maintenance is over. Thank you for all your suggestions! If you read further into the post, there will be mention of a story I wrote. Here's a link to it.

The Pineamato and the Failed Culinary Experiment

Edited by Marth_of_Altea
Update on topic

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pop a Benadryl and take a nap and have happy overhyped dreams.

That might work. If anything, I might be more well rested for work in the morning. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: BTW, nice profile picture! Ninian's my favorite!

Edited by Marth_of_Altea

haha, the poor man's fire emblem via chess. desperate times call for desperate measures apparently not to say me and my FE nerd friend totally didn't do that when we were younger...

i'm just gonna play some guitar and maybe draw, pretty stoked for the new stuff they have in store for us though

6 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

haha, the poor man's fire emblem via chess. desperate times call for desperate measures apparently not to say me and my FE nerd friend totally didn't do that when we were younger...

Yeah, 'twas indeed dark times before FE7. Before the "golden age" (in quotes to avoid debates) of Fire Emblem. And since then, and since later games changed rules, etc., my personal rules of chess have adapted. The main problem with converting chess into Fire Emblem and Vice-Versa is map size. ESPECIALLY when using FE4's maps. But with Heroes, there's a uniform map size, re-making past maps in the process. But am I talking about "Fire Emblem: Checkmate of the tipped scales", or my severe case of overhype?

Edit: Thanks for the ideas. :)

Edited by Marth_of_Altea

I have to go to bed and leave it be until tomorrow evening since I have a loaded schedule tomorrow and get up at 7:30 in the morning. I got in enough play time for today before the update anyway.

Just now, Marth_of_Altea said:

It's 8:30 at night where I'm at. My walk will have to wait, I guess. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Unless you're in a super-dangerous area, I think you should be okay if you walk around the block.

I do this in my area, and the only thing I worry about are the traffic lights.

Just now, X-Naut said:

I have to go to bed and leave it be until tomorrow evening since I have a loaded schedule tomorrow and get up at 7:30 in the morning. I got in enough play time for today before the update anyway.

Yeah, loaded schedules aren't fun sometimes. But hey, we have easier feather access to look forward to! As well as 10,000 other things! EHRRMYGURRDDD-Slap myself with hype arm Sorry, hype overdose.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Honestly?  Chill out, it's a game. Go for a walk.

Agreed. You could help me study for my accounting exam :P

I think the maintenance is a blessing in disguise (for me). While the game was my saving grace for all the waiting I have to do at my medical appointments and hospital trips, I missed a lot of school because of it (medical). So I gotta catch up before my exam. On Thursday :P

It's only 5:35 where I am, so don't think that it's a bad time for you. It's worse for me. It's still day time O_O.... XD

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Unless you're in a super-dangerous area, I think you should be okay if you walk around the block.

I do this in my area, and the only thing I worry about are the traffic lights.

True, I guess if you live in a low-crime town, you don't have much to worry about. But it's not the criminals I'm worried about. It's about getting jumped by an in-heat deer or moose.

Just now, Taxon said:

Well, what are your creative outlets? If you're in total fire emblem hype mode you could always try writing up a short story or...something...?

Yeah. Write me a drabble on pineapples tomatoes. :P

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I think the maintenance is a blessing in disguise (for me). While the game was my saving grace for all the waiting I have to do at my medical appointments and hospital trips, I missed a lot of school because of it (medical). So I gotta catch up before my exam. On Thursday :P

It's only 5:35 where I am, so don't think that it's a bad time for you. It's worse for me. It's still day time O_O.... XD

It's a bit past lunchtime here.  Not really missing it, though, since I'm trying to upload something to YouTube, which shoots my wireless connection.

1 minute ago, Marth_of_Altea said:

True, I guess if you live in a low-crime town, you don't have much to worry about. But it's not the criminals I'm worried about. It's about getting jumped by an in-heat deer or moose.

That's. . .a problem I've never had.

You can always do housework, then!

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues, Get well soon. Hyper-study for that accounting exam. If you get stuck on a question, skip it and come back to it later. Similar strategy if a cleric uses a rescue staff on a general. Just focus on the other enemies and finish off that general.

4 minutes ago, Marth_of_Altea said:

getting jumped by an in-heat deer or moose.

That's scarier than any criminal

EDIT: On topic, you could do some pushups/situps/crunches/yoga/etc if you can't exercise outside. It's always good to keep your blood pumping. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

1 minute ago, Marth_of_Altea said:

I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues, Get well soon. Hyper-study for that accounting exam. If you get stuck on a question, skip it and come back to it later. Similar strategy if a cleric uses a rescue staff on a general. Just focus on the other enemies and finish off that general.

Spoiler

Don't worry about it. My friends are convinced that I have plot armor so I can't die until I learn violin.

Thank you. 

Anyways, what are your hobbies, besides playing heroes?

3 minutes ago, Taxon said:

Well, what are your creative outlets? If you're in total fire emblem hype mode you could always try writing up a short story or...something...?

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah. Write me a drabble on pineapples tomatoes. :P

I do like writing, I wrote a few-page essay on the creation of the Excalibur tome. Tomatoes germinating pineapple seeds (or vice-versa) would be an interesting breed of fruit to research if it was viable. I think if it was possible, I'd try to make a veggie-cinnamon roll with it. 

Just now, Marth_of_Altea said:

I do like writing, I wrote a few-page essay on the creation of the Excalibur tome. Tomatoes germinating pineapple seeds (or vice-versa) would be an interesting breed of fruit to research if it was viable. I think if it was possible, I'd try to make a veggie-cinnamon roll with it. 

Cool beans. Watch it end in a food fight

You could read...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7339498/chapters/16672318?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_102394794

I thought the ending to this was perfect.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't worry about it. My friends are convinced that I have plot armor so I can't die until I learn violin.

Thank you. 

Anyways, what are your hobbies, besides playing heroes?

I do like other role-playing games, both on-screen and off. I enjoy watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on Netflix (on occasion), and I have a few other hobbies that I can't remember as of right now, but might think of later.

7 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

That's scarier than any criminal

And more deadly than your average thief, especially if said thief is easily distracted by candy. But, if that thief's steed was an in-heat deer or moose, I'm getting the HECK out of this town because at that point, I'd determine this whole town is crazy.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

You can always play any other FE. That's what I'm going to do; my playthrough of FE7 has been waiting for me for a while on my phone.

Yeah, I guess I'll dust off my GBA and play some FE7. But maybe I'll just dust off my herbal tea collection, drink some tea, and head to bed. And no, the leaves aren't expired; the dust from underused packages in the pantry gets brushed on to my tea-leaf containers by accident.