Deen has some pretty nice bases, and is equipped with a Brave Sword (which is basically a Killing Edge). He isn't bad by any means in Echoes and he got some really nice buffs(Like, really nice), but the main problem with him lies with the fact that you have to choose between him and one of the better mage units in the game. (Also witch maps)

Sonya was nerfed imo, so the two are pretty balanced.

It kinda boils down to your preference this time around, rather than the obvious choice of Sonya in the OG.

Edited by Indifferent

While I will use both of them, Sonya is far superior.

They both appear semi late in an army that is already bloated with mercenaries and mages already however, just being a mage gives Sonya the advantage since she ignores terrain and also she gets the two new spells rewarp and entrap, both of which are pretty lethal. While Deen does have the Brave Sword, he drops it anyways when you kill him. Also Sonya has a pretty nice support with Genny and seems to still possibly have some more plot importance.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

While I will use both of them, Sonya is far superior.

They both appear semi late in an army that is already bloated with mercenaries and mages already however, just being a mage gives Sonya the advantage since she ignores terrain and also she gets the two new spells rewarp and entrap, both of which are pretty lethal. While Deen does have the Brave Sword, he drops it anyways when you kill him. Also Sonya has a pretty nice support with Genny and seems to still possibly have some more plot importance.

Portrait_deen_fe02.pngPortrait_bly_fe02.png

Deen was so unimportant in the original, a minor boss of no importance or lines, directly re-used his portrait.

They really were unfair to Deen.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

23 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Portrait_deen_fe02.pngPortrait_bly_fe02.png

Deen was so unimportant in the original, a minor boss of no importance or lines, directly re-used his portrait.

They really were unfair to Deen.

They really were. And, tbh, Vrai had the better pallet too IMO.

Definitely going with Dean, mainly because I really love his design and he's no longer total crap, heck, I think he may even be one of the better Mercs too. As for Sonya, I'll use her in my second playthrough, just to be fair.

sonya

the boss who uses deen's portrait still has his terrible amazing hair but deen doesn't have it anymore

if deen kept his awful hair I would pick him but now he just looks actually bad instead of funny bad so i'm going sonya

Both have some of the best redesigns out of characters with radically different appearances. When I get to the point where I have to choose who to fight, I'll create another save to test each out. Sonya having story importance and being absolutely gorgeous does give her an edge, even over Dean's buffs and much better hair.

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Good looking guy or some girl...

Yup, guy wins for me xD I'm picking Dean :D

lmao relatable.

Although I think I'm actually gonna go for Sonya. She just looks so dope. I mean, they both do, but......... hmmmm. Maybe Dean if I play through Normal first then Sonya on Hard.

9 minutes ago, John_of_Valentia said:

Is there a way for me to add one? I'm pretty new here and it didn't cross my mind.

When creating the topic, there's a tab in "Topic Detail" that says Poll. Click on it and create it there. I've never made a poll and don't know if you can add it after already creating the topic, but you can try.

Anyways, Sonya. Lovely redesign. Deen's is pretty badass but I'll get with her first.

Dean easily. Far better bases, is in a better class and he can promote to dread fighter which is the best class in the game.

Plus he looks hot now.

Edited by Bowbow