Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Gaiden Playthrough "Randomizer" Challenge (No Emulator required)

This is a challenge I came up with, initially as a joke between me and a friend, but I've decided to make it into a fully-fledged challenge. Here are the rules:

1. Play on any difficulty you desire. Your team must consist of Marth, a unit of your choice (and class of choice, but you can make this character a randomized one), and 13 randomized units with randomized classes (except for Special Classes (ex. Thieves, Manaketes))

2. Kill off ALL generic units.

3. You must go through EVERY single Gaiden Chapter (but 24x is optional).

4. You may temporarily use units until you get the permanent, randomized ones (ex. Using Wrys before getting, say, Lena).

5. Reclass the randomized units ASAP.

Alright, so here's how the randomizing thing will work:

Step 1. Get a random decision maker (if on iOS, I suggest RDM). I reccomend http://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-choice.php

2. Put the names of every character in the decision maker excluding Gotoh and Nagi. When putting in Arran and Samson, list them as a single option as Arran/Samson then randomize with them. Roll for 13 units (or 14 if you're not doing a Unit of Choice)

3. You may re-roll characters up to 3 times (not per character, just 3 times period. This way it's less dickish.).

4. Once character randomizing is done, randomize the Classes of all Class Set A characters (Those with access to Paladin, Dracoknight, Sniper, Swordmaster, Sage, and Bishop) then the Class Set B characters (Those with access to Hero, Warrior, Berserker, General, Horseman, and Sorcerer). You may re-roll classes up to 3 times period.

5. Also, choose which Endgame character you want-- Gotoh or Nagi. Note that by choosing Gotoh, you may not visit Chapter 24x. If choosing Nagi, 24x is required.

Then I'd suggest putting them on a list. I'll share my team with you that I got.

1. Marth - Lord
2. Abel - Dracoknight
3. Caeda - Sniper
4. Ogma - Berserker
5. Barst - Hero
6. Darros - Horseman
7. Julian - Thief
8. Merric - Sage (Unit of Choice)
9. Caesar - Hero
10. Radd - Paladin
11. Maria - Dracoknight
12. Linde - Bishop
13. Dolph - Warrior
14. Est - Swordmaster
15. Tiki - Manakete
16. Nagi - Manakete

Yeah, I got way luckier than I would've expected (sans the Unit of Choice).

Also, feel free to tag your Let's Plays involving this challenge with fe11gaidenrandom! Let me know if anything confuses you and I'll try to help.

Edited by Purple-Clad Gamer
Update

8 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

It's a good idea, but I have a question, which randomizer did you use?

PS. I'm interested in joining :)

Oh, it's not a true randomizer, hence it being in quotation marks. You could use a site like this if on a computer.

http://easydecisionmaker.com/

First, do the characters, then remove the characters then do classes. Pretty simple. If you're on an Apple device, I'd reccomend using RDM since it allows you to fill so many spaces and it's free.

17 minutes ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

Oh, it's not a true randomizer, hence it being in quotation marks. You could use a site like this if on a computer.

http://easydecisionmaker.com/

First, do the characters, then remove the characters then do classes. Pretty simple. If you're on an Apple device, I'd reccomend using RDM since it allows you to fill so many spaces and it's free.

Thing is it doesn't let me do them all at once, meaning there would be groups like: the first six units of the game, one is chosen.

Is that ok?

Edited by OrangePerson

35 minutes ago, OrangePerson said:

Thing is it doesn't let me do them all at once, meaning there would be groups like: the first six units of the game, one is chosen.

Is that ok?

I'll search around for a better one, just give me a little bit of time to look.

EDIT: Here you go, this one works perfectly. http://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-choice.php

I'll put it in the first message.

Update.

ALLRIGHTLETSDOTHIS

No chosen unit, but i rerolled 3 times both characters and classes. Will play on hard 1 using Jagen until I have at least 3 more units.

Midia    Bishop    She never had the greatest strenght, not a great loss going in a magic class.
Ardin    Sniper    This is fine.
Cord    Sorcerer    That's actually pretty good!
Roger    Horseman    This is fine.
Wolf    Warrior    Anything non-magical is good with Wolf.
Tiki    Manakete    Vanilla.
Minerva    Sniper    Another Sniper? Fine.
Jake    Ballistician    Vanilla.
Wendell    Sage    Vanilla.
Castor    Warrior    Wolf will outshine him, but he'll be in the team before him. We'll see.
Linde    Swordmaster    She'll rock the Levin Sword.
Etzel    Hero    He too, I guess?
Matthis    Paladin    Vanilla.
Boah    Sage    Basically vanilla, but better because of ranks.

I'll take Gotoh since I don't want to kill Tiki.

This looks pretty fine! I'll tell you how it goes.

37 minutes ago, Enaluxeme said:

ALLRIGHTLETSDOTHIS

No chosen unit, but i rerolled 3 times both characters and classes. Will play on hard 1 using Jagen until I have at least 3 more units.

Midia    Bishop    She never had the greatest strenght, not a great loss going in a magic class.
Ardin    Sniper    This is fine.
Cord    Sorcerer    That's actually pretty good!
Roger    Horseman    This is fine.
Wolf    Warrior    Anything non-magical is good with Wolf.
Tiki    Manakete    Vanilla.
Minerva    Sniper    Another Sniper? Fine.
Jake    Ballistician    Vanilla.
Wendell    Sage    Vanilla.
Castor    Warrior    Wolf will outshine him, but he'll be in the team before him. We'll see.
Linde    Swordmaster    She'll rock the Levin Sword.
Etzel    Hero    He too, I guess?
Matthis    Paladin    Vanilla.
Boah    Sage    Basically vanilla, but better because of ranks.

I'll take Gotoh since I don't want to kill Tiki.

This looks pretty fine! I'll tell you how it goes.

There is an exploit you can do.

Get the Falchion from Gharnef in Chapter 23. In Chapter 24, store all of Tiki's belongings in the Convoy, then give her the Falchion and send her to her death (also get the Aum staff). Then in Chapter 24x, have Elice ressurect Tiki and she'll be back. Also, the real Falchion will appear in your convoy at the start of 24x. So, you can get Nagi and keep Tiki alive if you're interested. Other than that, those characters look fun, lol.

P.S. Nagi rapes Medeus HARD. She does really well in the endgame, too.

Adding on detail

Ch.1
I started playing with complete disregard of almost everyone's life, only keeping safe Marth and Sheeda. Abel, Cain and Jagen died. Guess the old retainer won't accompany Marth on his random class quest. Sheeda will do the job, and training her will make things easier for when she has to recruit like everyone. Marth killed basically everyone except the boss (Sheeda got that one), but got shitty levels in the process (this is the first time in my experience he only grew hp).

Ch.2
Strangely, no one died. The RNG was more kind to Marth this time as he killed half the enemies. Cord had the north-east island all for himself, while Sheeda and Castor took the remains. Ogma killed the boss by accident with a crit. A shame, I wanted to feed him to Castor.

Ch.3
The real game starts now: I only use Marth, Castor, Cord, Sheeda and Lena during the whole chapter. Marth went alone on the left, getting the devil axe and using the fort as cover to fight the axemen alone. He got good levels out of it, too. I recruited Nabarl because he's too risky to fight and I wanted that killing edge. This time, Cord got the boss kill.

Ch.4 Preparations
Now I can class change. Changed Cord to dark mage and got him a fire tome. I won't class change Castor until promotion though, because ranks. Warriors get bows anyway, it's probably what hunters would have as second choice if split promotions were in the game.

This seems fun, but I'm going to stick with just Random characters.  I already have a method of how I can randomly choose a team.  

I use this site, and load it up with the names of every unit in the game.  http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/pickone.html

I have it set to not have marth or Julian, because Marth is a must, and Julian will always be my unit of choice.  However, if Ricard is chosen, he replaces Julian. Same with Gotoh or nagi.  If neither gotoh or nagi are chosen, I just ignore Gotoh and give his sh*t to the convoy.   I also have "Generic" in there, making it so I have to train a generic unit of my choice.  I find that armor knights and archers are the best Generics. (These classes have the best promotion gains, so...)

As for reclassing, I just do whatever seems new and interesting.  I've not done all the combinations of every unit and every class combination, but I've played through SD enough times to not be afraid of making Athena a mage or Arran a sniper or Making Macellan an Armor knight.  (Although that last one is just terrible)

I'll definately need to try your method some day.  Could be fun.

Edited by Lord Tullus

So, let's make this MORE interesting.

1. This will be done on H2, which means Frey/Norne don't exist.
2. I've removed Xane from the pool.  He's a copy of my strongest character, and that's boring.
3. Gotoh and Nagi are in the pool, which means if they're chosen, I MUST go that route.  If they're both chosen, I reroll.  Otherwise, the default option is Nagi.
4. I kept Arran and Samson separate.  If they're both chosen, I reroll.
5. Dracoknight is in the general class pool.  However, if a male unit is chosen, he will go through Cavalier instead.  Likewise, if a female unit is chosen to be a Paladin, she will go through Pegasus Knight instead.
6. The only class reroll exception is Sorcerers/Berserkers - if I wind up with two early ones, or get more than two, I reroll. This is due to class limits in-game.
7. My goal is the lowest turn count possible, with draft rules.  This means that undrafted units can't enter combat (but can shop and be reclassed to anything), gaiden chapters are free for the first 20 turns (after which they're worth their full turn count) and Warp is banned.  Jagen is normally a free unit, and I'll keep him around until Chapter 4 (possibly later, if all my units show up in Chapter 12 or something).  Otherwise, all 14 slots will be rolled!  Also, I must recruit all of my drafted characters, even if it's faster to leave Jeorge alone.
8. I must reclass someone as soon as possible.  That means Chapter 4 for the early units, and as soon as the next chapter starts otherwise.  If a unit can't be reclassed, they will stay in their default class.
9. Due to the nature of my rerolls, I don't have a limit on them.  However, the odds of having any three rolls in a row with the aforementioned exceptions is really low, so I'm most likely going to fly with the first list of numbers, unless I roll something really broken (first roll was Caeda in Dracoknight).

I've separated the rolls into three lists - one with all the names, one for Class Set A, and one for Class Set B.  First I roll for characters, then I roll for Class Set A, then Class Set B.  I will use random.org.  The first roll will be all 55 names, with the first 14 slots representing my roster.  The last two rolls will be random numbers from 1 to 6.

So, without further ado. . .

Spoiler

Unit list (in numbers format):

Class A list:

Class B list:

1. Marth (Lord): Because I have to.
  2. Cain (Sniper): This will slow me down a bit, but as long as he's a physical unit, I can do this!
  3. Est (Paladin): Better caps than Dracoknight, so welcome to the team~!
  4. Ogma (Horseman): I don't know how quickly I can level him, but he's going to be a terror once he promotes.
  5. Lorenz (Berserker): Filler unit, not that it matters.
  6. Maria (Dracoknight): She's trying to impress MIchalis.  I guess she might work if I can get her to C lances fast enough.
  7. Tiki (Manakete): My final unit will be Gotoh.  I will also skip Starlight.
  8. Arran (Swordmaster): He works as anything, really, since he's more like filler.
  9. Roshea (Swordmaster): That's one way to fix his crappy Speed.
  10. Catria (Dracoknight): This is ever-so-slightly more balanced than Caeda, but not by much.
  11. Bantu (Manakete): He'll do some stuff early, then do my shopping or something.
  12. Horace (Hero): His bases will be amazing.
  13. Barst (Hero): Like Ogma, he wants to promote ASAP.
  14. Jeorge (Sniper): I'll take it.
  15. Midia (Bishop): Someone has to be the staffbot.  This means I need to modify my usual cheese strategy.

I'll go into Chapter 4 with Cain and Ogma, and Barst.  I'll keep Jagen around until the end of Chapter 6, and even that's going to be hard (I'll field two archers and three sword units). Wish me luck~!

EDIT: On second thought, I don't know if Chapter 6 will be possible for my team.  If no one can damage the boss reliably, I'll reclass Jagen into Sage for that map.  Roshea/Barst will not have enough time to hit C swords.

Edited by eclipse

Ch.4
Brough a bunch of units with me just to get them killed. Lena herself died just after her brother was recruited. I recruited the wind tome and fed the horsemen to Matthis. Cord is getting a bit screwed with the levels as of late, but he's rather tanky for a magic unit.

Ch.5
A handful of new recruits this time! Hardin is leagues better than Matthis, too bad he has to be a sniper. Wolf dodged far more than I expected. I'm still using Sheeda, but less than before.

Ch.6 Preparations
Made Hardin an archer so even he can know how it feels to suck. Wolf is extra slow, too. I'm gonna feed him thieves when possible.

Ch.6
Brought Julian to raid the 2 nearest chests, but didn't recruit his pal. Wolf didn't actually get those thief kills, but he managed to gain a level regardless. No speed, meh. The killing edge thief escaped, at least I still have Navarre's. Matthis was just 1 strenght point short to being able to damage the boss. Dammit Matthis. Marth ended up getting the kill since Wolf missed what should have been the final blow despite WTA and ended up in a bad situation. Dammit Wolf.

I used random thing picker and did everything manually. There might be better sites or tools, but you'll need more time searching for them than actually using them anyway.

Since I commented I'll make a small update. And yes, I plan on sharing the whole run.

Ch.7 Preparations?
Wait, I didn't get to chapter 6x? But I had lots of characters killed! *goes to check requirements*
WHAT? That is insane! How could anyone be able to lose so many characters not on purpose? That's it, I'm switching to the gaiden removal patch, I think the saves are compatible.

Ch.6x Preparations
Ok, I applied the gaiden removal patch and redid the last part of chapter 6. It mostly went the same way, except this time Castor got the boss. This is the first time I play this chapter!

Ch.6x
The enemies here are pretty weak. Makes sense, I guess. Athena doesn't actually come with a killing edge, and that's disappointing. Look, Matthis got a rank in both swords and lances! Now he's almost as useful as base Hardin!
... So basically, if Marth's army isn't slaughtered those cildren don't get saved? Guess the developers believe in preserving the balance of the universe and stuff.

6 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

I used random thing picker and did everything manually. There might be better sites or tools, but you'll need more time searching for them than actually using them anyway.

Where is the picker? Can it do unplayable characters like bosses, that could be interesting.

6 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

Since I commented I'll make a small update. And yes, I plan on sharing the whole run.

Ch.7 Preparations?
Wait, I didn't get to chapter 6x? But I had lots of characters killed! *goes to check requirements*
WHAT? That is insane! How could anyone be able to lose so many characters not on purpose? That's it, I'm switching to the gaiden removal patch, I think the saves are compatible.

Ch.6x Preparations
Ok, I applied the gaiden removal patch and redid the last part of chapter 6. It mostly went the same way, except this time Castor got the boss. This is the first time I play this chapter!

Ch.6x
The enemies here are pretty weak. Makes sense, I guess. Athena doesn't actually come with a killing edge, and that's disappointing. Look, Matthis got a rank in both swords and lances! Now he's almost as useful as base Hardin!
... So basically, if Marth's army isn't slaughtered those cildren don't get saved? Guess the developers believe in preserving the balance of the universe and stuff.

Athena is probably one of the best gaiden characters, but it isn't saying much.

Matthis has good defense, the rest is not so good.

Perhaps Athena rescues the children on her own otherwise?

From my own experience with the randomizing i'm currently doing with FE12 the program they're using is just online and you type in the names of the characters and it'll pick 13 in a row. Then, they do the class pools then use the manual reclass.

I think I'll join in here.

1. Marth - Lord. Obviously.

2. Wendell - Bishop. I mean Wendell is a decent prepromote... Right?

3. Jeorge - Swordmaster ..I think this is decent because Snipers can utilize his good skill and decent speed. 

4. Boah - Dracoknight. I find he's usable as a sage and a bishop... but... A physical unit? Damnit.

5. Merric - Sniper. That... strength growth.... ooo boy. At least he supports Wendell and Linde?

6. Bantu - Manakete - It's sad that he's one of the better people on this list. 

7. Samson - Sorceror. ....S-Sorceror? Does he even function as a Mage?!

8. Sedgar - Hero - PRAISE THE LORDS THAT I GOT SEDGAR THOUGH. 

9. Linde - Dracoknight - I feel violated. 

10. Roshea - Dracoknight. He'll be hard to train but he might be decent? Maybe? Hopefully?

11. Barst - Berserker. OKAY THIS IS NICE

12. Wrys - Sage I mean he could end up decent if he gets lucky with magic. 

13. Etzel - Warrior. I honestly have no clue if this works even.

14. Dolph - Berserker Hey! This is isn't too bad! Dolph is pretty decent!

15. Ogma - Horseman. He's actually pretty damn good and he supports with Barst so yay!

This will not be easy. Definitely am going to be going for Nagi. 

This looks pretty fun, going to go on Normal difficulty since I've never tried any sort of random class run before, and it's only my second time playing through Shadow Dragon. To make things a tad harder I won't be re-reolling at all as a result, or picking a set unit.

Team in order of obtainability:

1. Marth - Lord (Standard)
  2. Abel - Dracoknight (Gets to keep his weapon ranks and gets flying mobility, nice.)
  3. Frey - Dracoknight (Suprising that both of the cavaliers end up as Dracoknights. Won't complain about that mobility though!)
  4. Gordin - Swordmaster (Can't be any worse than he was as an archer)
  5. Darros - Warrior (Pretty much what he gets normally, nothing fancy here)
  6. Bord - Horseman (Extra mobility is nice, and the boost to strength should help him early on as a hunter. Plus mobility)
  7. Cord - Sorcerer (At least I have someone to chip damage the enemy now? Yeah he's useless. Sorry Cord)
  8. Navarre - Sage (At least he can double? Grant it will only be 2 damage per hit pretty much, but at least it hits twice.)
  9. Roshea - Sage (Okay this is just getting painful now. At least I have two healers when they promote, but still...)
  10. Wolf - Horseman (I'd complain about him being Vanilla, but honestly I'm just happy he isn't a magic class!)
  11. Palla - Swordmaster (Shame she loses her mobility, but I get the feeling she is going to be amazing)
  12. Catria - Sage (I'm in for a "magicial" experince with all these physical units turn Sage aren't I?)
  13. Samson - Horseman (This is slowly turning into the "Horse and Magic" run, thank goodness Valkyries aren't in this game or by the looks of things it would be a run of just them!)
  14. Est - Paladin (Triangle attack hype! Didn't think I'd be lucky enough to get the 3 sisters, suddenly all those chip damage sage units are looking a lot better)

Going to go for Nagi as my end game unit, with 64% of my team gained before Chapter 6 I at least don't need to worry about only having one or two units for most of the game. Best of luck to everyone else doing runs!

Glad to see a few people are interested. Here's how my run is going, even though I haven't been playing it much due to school and other things...

That aside, Barst is amazing as a Merc (which is not surprising to me since I go Fighter>Hero for Barst all the time), and I'm keeping Abel as a Cavalier until I can promote him (and at the same time build his Lance Rank. At Chapter 6x and it's already B-Rank!). I'm temporarily using Lena until I get Linde, and she gets the job done. Julian's a bit behind everyone but doing good nonetheless. It's going alright so far, but the run should be pretty... interesting to say the least.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:12 AM, Emperor Hardin said:

Where is the picker? Can it do unplayable characters like bosses, that could be interesting.

Read the original post, by the way.

Ch.7
With all the bows I have the white wings were exp pinhatas!
I hate that last part, though... Wendell just kept dying!
Seriously, I mean it. I needed 5 straight days for this damn chapter, all because of that zone of horror and demise.

Ch.8
This one was surprisingly easy despite the ambush towards the end. The reason for that is Roger, who can effortlessly tank basically everything coming from these 5 forts. Sheeda got the boss kill by accident, I should probably stop using her.

Ch.9 Preparations
I turned Roger into a Mercenary, we've got more than enough bows already but only 2 swordsmen, and Matthis mostly uses lances anyway.

Ch.9
Didn't bring Julian, but lots of keys. I used Sheeda to grab the Wyrmslayer, but she dedn't fight. Marth recruited a couple of bows. It's incredible how useful Matthis is once his strong point is actually strong enough: when he is first recruited, he can resist one more attack than other units at best, but now he can consistently tank thanks to his giant health bar. Also he now has high strenght, so he's able to deal enough damage despite the fact that he can never double.
Wolf got a level, and I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad one: he didn't get speed, but he got double strenght. Also, Mannu must be the easiest boss in this game.

I really want to play Shadow Dragon on a diffuculty I haven't played yet, so this looks like a good way to have fun. I'll be running it on H2.

This is the team that the RNG-Godess blessed me with.

1. Marth - Lord

2. Roger - Warrior

3. Ellice - Bishop

4. Mathis - Swordmaster

5. Merric - Paladin

6. Navarre - Sniper

7. Linde - Bishop

8. Ceasar - Horseman

9. Gordin - Dracoknight

10. Jagen - Sniper 

11. Samson - General

12. Cain - Dracoknight

13. Wolf - Warrior

14. Draug - Hero

15. Abel - Bishop

This looks like a pretty strong team with some obvious exeptions, but overall the RNG-Goddess bestowed some great units to me. 

I'm basically waiting for others to write something in order to avoid double-posting, lol.

Ch.10
Wait, I remember the characters starting further up. Maybe that was FE3.
Can I point out how ridiculous it is that there's houses, forts and shops outside the big central structure? Maria's cell is literally bigger than the castle where the boss stands.
Anyway, I divided my forces, with Marth, Sheeda, Roger, Matthis and Wendell inside and everyone else outside.
Didn't manage to get a level on Minerva. It's ok, though: her new class has 5% more speed.

Ch.11 Preparations
And Minerva is now a Sniper. Thankfully they start with C rank in bows, but I'm still sad about wasting that sexy A rank in axes...
Castor got the Speedwing because speed is about the only thing he has over Wolf, also it may not make a difference on Matthis, Cord will probably max it anyway and nobody else needs it. Well except Marth, but he'll get the next one.
Speaking of, both the Goddess Icon and the Seraph robe went to Wendell some time ago since he needs more survivability.

Ch.11
Both the charging pegasi and the mercenaries were easy enough, and I was able to recruit Linde effortlessly.
Used warp sheningas to recruit Jake. This marks the last time I use Sheeda.
Linde only got resistance on her first level up and a Shin level on the second... Wow.

Ch.12 Preparations
Linde became a myrmidon, also I used the energy drop on her because there's no way her strenght will be enough otherwise. I mean, that's still very low, but at least she's able to do scratch damage... You know, to get exp. I think I'll end up giving her the Starsphere so that she'll be able to use the Levin and Silver swords as much as she likes.

18 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

I'm basically waiting for others to write something in order to avoid double-posting, lol.

If that is the case, then I should oblige and post something.

Before I start with my playlog, here are some self-enforced rules.

• I will limit the accessability to forging. Forging effective weapons is banned and I'm only allowed to forge up to +5 might. That way I can't just oneshot all bosses and won't have access to a Mercurius on chapter 4. 
  • I will use the non-randomized units sparingly. I had to make some exceptions in the early chapters, as I would have had to rely on very unreliable strategies to succeed.
  • I will try to play at an effective pace, but it most likely won't look that way from my turncount. If the strategy needed to save turns relies on lucky crits and doges, I most likely won't employ them and use a more safe approach instead. 

With that out if the way, here are the first 4 chapters. 

Chapter 1 - 8 turns

I have the luxury of being able to use all units except Sheeda. Marth visits the vilage while Cain and Abel team up to take down the thief. Jagen equips his Silver Lance and moves onto the fort. Sheeda does some shopping while the others chill at the edge of the enemy range. The rest of the map is pretty straight forward. My units slowly make their way to the boss while picking up the enemies on the way. I used Jagens Silver Lance a lot, because my units would take too much damage otherwise. I had to use Wrys to heal Jagen before the boss battle. If I didn't do that, Jagen would have to dodge one of two hits at >80% hit or get a crit. I gave the bosskill to Cain, who I think is going to be important early.

Chapter 2 - 9 turns

I decided to sacrifice Ogma and his companions because I would otherwise be sandwiched between the pirates from the back and the cavaliers from the front. The enemies are way too powerful to take more of 1-2 of them at the same time. Marth with his Rapier is very useful here, as he can 2RKO the cavaliers, but he can also only take 2 hits. What makes this mission so difficult is that I only have one healer and 3 uses of my vulnerary. I ended up getting a crit on the boss, which was not necessarily needed but very welcome. 

Chapter 3 - 11 turns

This chapter was rather tricky, as the boss has 14 speed, doubling all my units. I let Navarre chase me for a while so I could focus all my attention on the initial assault of cavaliers. Once recruited, Navarre needs to level up at least once and get at least one point of streangth or speed to not be doubled by the boss. The enemies were not a scary and not as numerous as in the previous chapter, so that gave me some time to feed kills to my weaker units. The map save points allowed me to rig a critical hit on the boss.

Chapter 4 - 18 turns

I finally get to reclass my units. Jagen as a sniper is very useful on this map, as he can attack the horsemen from across the river without putting my other units in danger. Gordin just sucks. Even as a cavalier, his bases are worse than Mathis'. Draug as a mercenary is very good, he doubles everything. He just needs some strenght to stard onerounding enemies. Abel would be better than cain, but as a healer, he can at least contribute. Navarre as an archer has potential, but is currently stuck at 4 speed. 

I send Wrys and a nameless mercenary to the bottom right to distract the group of fighters to the nord so that I can focus on the cavaliers. They are quite easily dealt with, but the two horseman with their 12 speed and 2 range attacks prevent my from crossing the river. I have to use Jagen to kill them in 3 turns each while the others struggle to take down the 4 fighters and the hunter after my sacrifices did their duty. Marth recruits Merric, who easily dispatches the armorknight guarding the bridge and then kills the boss with excalibur. Unfortunately, he's going to be reclassed to cavalier in the next chapter, so this is the only time I get to use his awsome tome. I also recruit Mathis, who sucks just as much as Gordin does. 

You can double-post as long as you apologise and all. I'm sure the admins won't mind if you're just trying to get info out there.

On the other side of the spectrum, I'm in the middle of Chapter 10 and gave a Seraph Robe and Goddess Icon to Maria and took Hauteclere before sending Minerva to death (this was painful for meeeeeeeeeee)

Radd is my lowest-leveled character (sans Maria) as a LV7 Cavalier with a pitiful 4 Skill at the moment... ouch. Everyone else is doing pretty well, too. I'm using Bantu as a temporary unit and he's turning out surprisingly really well so far (unfortunately he's not going to be permanent... Oh well. Maybe another playthrough). Abel will be receiving my first Master Seal (it would be Ogma since he's a level higher but I need fliers). Looking forward to Dracoknight Abel! Hopefully Maria won't be too bad to raise... One can hope, right?

4 hours ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

You can double-post as long as you apologise and all. I'm sure the admins won't mind if you're just trying to get info out there.

Nah, that just gets you double warning points. :P:

However, I'll allow double posting, but ONLY for chapter updates - as in, two (or more) chapter updates in a row.

---

So, I shall get off of my sorry rear.

Chapter 1  - 11/11

Doing this with nothing but Cain was pretty painful, especially on H2.  Luckily, Jagen was nice enough to leave kills for Marth/Cain, both of who desperately needed them.  Boss died when Jagen was able to connect with a SIlver Lance twice.

Chapter 2 - 8/19

And I get two more units!  Thanks to a lot of fuck-ups, most of my team died (including Caeda).  This will slow me down a good deal.  Anyway, had Ogma pass the Steel Sword to Marth, whose levels remind me more of Matthis than anyone.  Wound up having to kill off the entire map.  Darros was nice enough to recruit himself and miss, giving me an extra Steel Axe.  Used the save point to ensure that Jagen hit the PP Silver Lance on the boss, and that Ogma gained Speed (so the next map sucks a little less).  Cord survived, miraculously - he dodged two fatal hits in a row.

Chapter 3 - 8/27

Took a bit longer because I had to use The Alternate Strategy.  Since I missed the Killing Edge, I couldn't have Ogma crit-kill the boss.  Instead, Marth picked up the Devil Axe, and Barst had to hoof it to the boss.  Thanks to the Speed proc earlier, Ogma was able to double the Fighters.  Used the save point to make sure Jagen hit the boss on PP and survived (hooray for 1% crit on the boss), so that Barst could end the map via my newfound axe.  Oddly enough, it was Jagen's hit that took the longest to proc.

Chapter 4 - 15/42

So, let's recap:

Cain - Archer
Ogma - Hunter
Barst - Mercenary
Jagen - default class

With two arrow guys, it took a VERY long time to whittle down the enemy.  Furthermore, Marth had to level up Speed so that the Horsemen wouldn't double him.  Thus, I used this map to feed everyone experience.  Marth eventually got the kill on the boss (after Cain, Ogma, and Jagen hurled things at him).

Due to everything, I will need to detour north, to get the Dragonstone, so that Bantu isn't completely dead weight.  I am not looking forward to this.