Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Gaiden Playthrough "Randomizer" Challenge (No Emulator required)

Time for to finally get in on this bitch

1. Marth-Lord
  2. Barst-Pirate (My choice)
  3. Navarre-Cavalier
  4. Catria-Pegasus Knight
  5. Xane
  6. Minerva-Sage
  7. Est-Mage (Est mage confirmed)
  8. Bantu
  9. Merric-Mage
  10. Jeorge-Sniper
  11. Lorenz-General
  12. Cain-Mage
  13. Tomas-Cavalier
  14. Tiki
  15. Caeda-Pegasus Knight

This is def workable, only Navarre, Minerva, and Cain are in classes they aren't already in. Also, Berserker Barst.

Chapter 5 - 15/57

Welcome to the first of many generals on a throne.  Definitely not fun without a mage!

The Wolfguard hung out at the bottom, while Marth moved north, recruited Wendell, got the Firestone, then circled back.  Ogma/Cain had fun chipping things, and Barst is slowly turning into a Good Unit.  In the end, had to burn a save point so that Ogma would connect with both Steel Bow hits (65%), Marth would hit with a Rapier shot (74%), and Jagen would get the kill with Ridersbane (62%).  Hardest part of this was making sure Ogma connected.

Chapter 6 - 16/71

Marth could inflict 11 damage on the boss, but would eat 18 in return.  Jagen did something like 7.  In other words, killing the boss was completely unrealistic.  Thus, I brought Wendell along - this map has no forts for me to take advantage of (otherwise, I'd force the boss to break his weapon).

Thanks to healing, was able to make it through the map, and got all the goodies except the Killing Edge and gold.  The Armorslayer was the most important of these.  Roshea spent his time beating up archers and healers.

Chapter 6x - 19

Used this time to level up Roshea/Cain.  Ogma's good at baiting ranged units, and Barst is pretty close to being OP.

Chapter 7 - 14/85

Yes, getting Bantu hurt my turn count.  Yes, getting that Firestone hurt, too.

Ogma had just enough speed and MT to ORKO the Longbow guy.  Cain did the same to the Steel Bow guy.  Marth opened the door, managed to survive both mercenaries, and recruited Ban-Ban.  Everyone else went south.  Cain and Ogma took some time to beat up the Whitewings, while Bantu and Marth caught up.  Once everyone was close enough, I triggered the reinforcements by moving a generic flyer to the Ridersbane fort.  Thanks to some really weird positioning, and the fact that Barst shrugs off damage from the lance horses, I was able to park my guys on two of the forts.

For the boss, I was fully prepared to save-scum so that Marth would land a Rapier crit.  This would weaken the boss enough for Bantu to kill him.  This was also my only realistic option to clear the map (since Marth's too weak to double with the Armorslayer).  What I didn't expect was two straight crits from Marth.  Thanks?

Chapter 8 - 15/100

The trend of "armor chapters are a bitch" continues!  This is what happens when my army is nothing but swords and arrows~!

I had to stall here, so that Barst could hit C swords.  Once he did, he grabbed the Armorslayer and went to town on the boss.

Chapter 9 - 10/110

A decent turn count!  Well, relatively speaking, since I had to detour for Jeorge.

Thanks to Barst being near-OP, two generics I could reclass into Pirates, and Roshea cleaning things up, this map wasn't too bad.  A reclassed Wendell saved the run by sitting on Jeorge's village for a turn.  Boss was chipped down by Jeorge and properly died to Bantu.  The boss' death quote was pretty funny, given the situation.

On 4/26/2017 at 1:06 AM, eclipse said:

Nah, that just gets you double warning points. :P:

However, I'll allow double posting, but ONLY for chapter updates - as in, two (or more) chapter updates in a row.

Alright, thank you.

In the middle of Chapter 12 at the moment, and I have to say I'm... extremely surprised. I promoted Abel into a Dracoknight during Chapter 11's preparations menu, so there's that. Radd and Maria got caught up to the rest of my team, and I got Linde (who so far is doing a meh job as a Cleric, but not much I can do there).

Speaking of Maria... holy... I can't believe I'm about to say this, but she's one of my BEST units so far (also sorry for the super huge image).

EDIT: Maria, I'm so sorry for calling you cannon fodder, this is amazing.

image.thumb.jpg.9e8baa91db586e6891ffa32122deeb77.jpg

Edited by Purple-Clad Gamer

20 hours ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

Speaking of Maria... holy... I can't believe I'm about to say this, but she's one of my BEST units so far (also sorry for the super huge image).

I'm also stuck with that type of Maria.  Your image gives me hope!

Now I have to rescue her from Chapter 10, which I'm only slightly looking forward to.  At least Jeorge can rain hell on the archers.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:48 AM, eclipse said:

I'm also stuck with that type of Maria.  Your image gives me hope!

Now I have to rescue her from Chapter 10, which I'm only slightly looking forward to.  At least Jeorge can rain hell on the archers.

Her growths as a Pegasus Knight surprisingly aren't terrible. 25% HP, about 30% in everything else except for Luck and Defense-- Luck being 75% iirc and her Defense being a measly 5%. I didn't use ANY Dracoshields on her and I'm surprised she gained so much defense!!!

17 hours ago, Purple-Clad Gamer said:

Her growths as a Pegasus Knight surprisingly aren't terrible. 25% HP, about 30% in everything else except for Luck and Defense-- Luck being 75% iirc and her Defense being a measly 5%. I didn't use ANY Dracoshields on her and I'm surprised she gained so much defense!!!

Sometimes, those super-low growths kick in, and something amazing happens.  I remember a draft Tomas ending his career at 7 Res - as a Cavalier/Dracoknight.

Anyway, more stuff to update~!

Chapter 10 - 15/125

Correction, Jeorge will rain hell on the flying units.

Had to GO UP to rescue Maria, then recruited Minerva because Barst wants her axe.  Managed to have her fly south and do my shopping on the last turn.  Then, realized that I was short a Bridge Key. :facepalm:

Barst promoted mid-map, so I could clear the chapter.  Sudden Hand Axe access was a lifesaver!  Also, why is Bantu's next Dragonstone so far away?  He's doing pretty damn well, all things considered.  Not too many things appreciate a 20+ Res hit to the face.

Chapter 11 - 10/135

A competent chapter clear, what is this devilry?!

Maria survived a Mercenary by dodging.  Ogma shot down the pegasi, while Barst ran to the boss.  Had to delay a turn to reliably kill Jake.  By the time I was done, only the enemies near Knorda were left standing.

Chapter 12 - 12/147

This was another super-messy chapter clear.  Wound up burning an unnecessary Master Key for the Master Seal.  Barst cleared a path, everyone else followed.  Maria pecked at the thieves, and somehow gained Speed.  Ended the map when Barst got the Boots, and Jeorge picked up a Killing Edge at the store.

Chapter 12x - 20

Trained Marth, Roshea, and Maria.  Thanks to a couple of Strength procs, Roshea isn't bogged down by Steel Swords (he also hit C swords, so he's not dead weight in the next chapter).  Maria managed to finish off pirates, which gave her some rather disappointing levels.  At least she hit D lances!  If she can hit C lances before Chapter 18, there might be a glimmer of hope for her!  I want a couple more levels out of Ogma.  Will promote Cain, if I can't figure out how to do Chapter 13 in a timely manner.

Well, this thread got full of people. That's cool!

Also, that's a sexy Maria.

Ch.12x
I think it's safe to assume all gaiden chapters are preatty easy, uh?
I roasted Horace with Midia, who started her magic career with a point in hp and one in magic.
Castor got the Boss, reaching level 17 with a very useful speed and defense level.

Ch.13 Preparations
Castor got promoted and switched to Warrior Class. He's... Surprisingly better than Wolf in everything but HP and axe rank. Wolf won't need many levels to surpass him in strenght and defense, but he'll probably never reach the same speed.
I reluctantly switched Roger to Hunter since he reached 20 speed as a mercenary but he's still only level 13.

Ch.13
This chapter was pretty straight forward: I made sure that the weaker units were never in range of two ballistas at the same time and had Jake decimate about everyone once he got Beck's weapon.
Linde didn't get more strenght, but grew a point in magic. She's already at 19 speed, so I think she'll promote early.

• 2 weeks later...

Is everyone dead? I won't stop this untill I finish it, unless I get my hands on Echoes before then.

Ch.14
I had to bring Julian along since I have no keys whatsoever. He got sniped, though, so I guess this is the last time this happens. Of course I bought a bunch of keys at the vendor.
Marth was warped because I don't have the patience to spend 3 turns waiting for him to get to the village.
Apparently Minerva can't speak to Catria, which is a shame since I wanted to recruit those lances.
Midia only grew HP... Bleah.

Ch.15
I used Castor and Matthis to block Garnef on the bridge. Of course, Boah and Wendell kept boosting their res.
I warped Marth to the chest and went pretty close to a game over with that mage ambush. He's using that talisman, alright. Midia somehow got a point in strenght.

Ch.16
There's really nothing noteworthy about this chapter, except that I promoted Hardin. My hopes whent up when Midia got HP, Mag, Skill and Spd in a single level, but then she crushed them with an HP only level soon after.

Ch.17 Preparations
Gave the Dracoshield to Cord since it can actually make a difference for him. When coupled with the high res and HP, that's gonna make him a good front line unit for the whole game.

Ch.17
Well, Marth had to go all the way to those chests because I'm greedy. He used a dracoshield and a speedwing on his way back on his throne.
Linde decimated the manakete with her wyrmsword, including the boss. She didn't get any impressive level, though.
Midia got an amazing HP, Mag, Skill, Spd and Res level, so maybe there's hope for her after all.

Ch.17x Preparations
I couldn't get another level on Roger and he's at 78 EXP, so I decided to make him an hunter and promote him as soon as he gets to level 18. He's packing all his swords for as soon as he can use them.

I completely forgot my turn counts, so I'll have to do one giant update once I'm done.

Currently on Chapter 16, and hate going the long way.  At least Barst is having a field day.

Ch.17x
Damn, I didn't have enough keys after all. This looked like a pretty straight-forward chapter, but I was really surprised by the ambush. Jake stood in the starting hall the whole chapter and ended up in a bad situation, but once he killed the killer lance guy he could tank the javelins enough to wait for reinforcements.
Boah got an absurd Mag, Skill, Spd and Res level. Pretty cool.

Ch.18 Preparations
I gave Etzel the Energy Drop I was saving up, and now he's our super skilled, super resistant Hero!

Ch.18
Pretty easy chapter. Didn't really need the save points, so I used them to get good levels out of Boah, Linde and Midia.
Speaking of Linde, she got promoted thanks to Gandalf's Master Seal!

Ch.19
I'm out of keys already! The thieves were kind enough to open two doors for me though.
And with Tiki recruited, my roster is finally complete!

Ch.20
Everyone who could cross the river (except Marth) went north, together with a warped Midia. Everyone else went south.
This was Jake's time to shine, with 3 ballistas to shot at and distant enemies all around. By the way, Linde has the Mercurius and can reach 30 damage. Wow. That A rank bonus goes a long way.
I recruited Lorenz by mistake, losing out on some exp.

• 6 months later...