What might be the next "Echoes" game?

Jedi

Which title do you think IS will try next?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Title

• Genealogy Of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword/Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn

With all the positive press that Shadows of Valentia is getting, I don't doubt its going to at least do alright in the market, plus with all the promotions and season pass stuff they expect it to sell fairly well. 

So which direction do you suspect the potential Echoes subseries will go next? It has tons of avenues, and Gaiden honestly was probably the riskiest business choice of all of them. 

Binding Blade has gotten quite a bit of attention in cipher as well as Heroes, plus its never been released in the West. Not to mention Roy's popularity by itself could set this precedent up

the Jugdral duology is very mechanically different, but also somewhat familiar (FE4 in particular having a Gen 2, made me think if they remade anything this would have been their first choice as it would be familiar to those who played Awakening & Fates), and seeing as SoV is taking a crack at the Thracia fatigue mechanic albeit severely altered, makes me think Jugdral might be soon.

FE7 or 8 would be the Safe echoes route, however this would probably split the fanbases massively on whether or not the GBA titles need a revamp at all or what changes they might do. 

9/10 with a bit of a touch up would allow them to attempt to sell Tellius properly this time, but would also run the risk of failing financially again, however its at this time that IS can make risks work, see SoV's positive press and hype for that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Genealogy. It has the children mechanic, so it's pretty much a guarantee that IS won't completely disregard it. The game will need HEAVY re-working and balancing. One of the biggest issues is defiantly the map design, because traveling the enormous maps will turn many people off. Heck, I've beaten the game three times and the map travel is exceptionally obnoxious. 

The only game I fear that IS will ignore is Thracia 776 because of its exceptional difficultly. I hope and pray that it'll get some attention in the near future because Leif is a lord whose story should get expanded upon. 

Edited by Leif

I'm not sure whether I want to say FE4 or FE6.  FE6 is probably easier to market due to Roy's popularity, but FE4 is the next in "line" since FE1-3 have remakes now and I don't think they want to skip things besides the already remade 1/3.

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

My guess is Genealogy. It has the children mechanic, so it's pretty much a guarantee that IS won't completely disregard it. The game will need HEAVY re-working and balancing. One of the biggest issues is defiantly the map design, because traveling the enormous maps will turn many people off. Heck, I've beaten the game three times and the map travel is exceptionally obnoxious. 

Considering it doesn't look like SoV changed its map design at all I doubt that would happen. Genealogy is one of those games that either appeals to people or it turns them off, so it would be interesting to see a re-imagining.

Edited by Jedi

My guess would be Genealogy, but I think Thracia needs it the most. Roy would sell Binding Blade pretty well but they seem content to introduce us to the oldies. From Blazing Blade onward I can't see happening next, not only because they're newer/less old, but because they still hold up pretty well today.

I believe Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, if anything, will receive an HD update before a proper remake. That might happen years into the future, but I don't see them going from remaking Gaiden to Tellius. 

I'd say either Genealogy of the Holy War because it's next in line and has a children mechanic which I'm sure some fans would appreciate after it not appearing in Shadows of Valentia, or Binding Blade because of Roy, and I get the feeling that it's just easier to remake somehow. I haven't played either of them though, so I can't offer any educated oinion, but I would appreciate a way to get them onto my Switch!

FE4, definitely. I'm interested in trying this one if it's remade too. I just hope it isn't too heavily censored. I don't mind censorship as long as it's done right, and I know this game would get some censorship in the west because of some of the stuff it has. But if it's half-assed and ends up not making sense or even making it worse like some things *cough*Tharja's beach DLC art*cough* that will be really disappointing.

Honestly, I feel like BB would be an easier and less-ambitious project that would also guarantee more sales 'cause Roy.
Though I'd love to see people whine about the FE4 remake being worse than FE4 because they nerfed all the gamebreaking stuff and "that was the only reason it was ever fun".

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

FE4, definitely. I'm interested in trying this one if it's remade too. I just hope it isn't too heavily censored. I don't mind censorship as long as it's done right, and I know this game would get some censorship in the west because of some of the stuff it has. But if it's half-assed and ends up not making sense or even making it worse like some things *cough*Tharja's beach DLC art*cough* that will be really disappointing.

I've heard from a couple fans that the only stuff that would absolutely need to be changed could be changed quite easily because it's pretty much all "telling but never showing".
A lot of it is just people hyping up how "dark and mature" it is. Fates demonstrated perfectly well that too many people have no idea what the heck can slide in a T-rated game.

Edited by The DanMan

Mmm, if we had this discussion four months ago, I wouldn't have guessed Gaiden would be the next remake. So I can't come up with an educated guess as to what's next other than FE4. They must care about the order and none of the other games are direct sequels to 1, 2, or 3 (which would be why 3 happened before 2). If it was up to me, 4 would be next. As the progenitor of marriage mechanics and skills, it would fit in well with modern games. Geneology and Thracia I believe are very marketable as separate titles, and could be slated for release in the years between major titles. Geneology in 2019, Thraccia in 2020. Both using FE Switch's engine. I also very much value the idea of bringing over the japan exclusive titles.

I dunno, but I kinda wanna see FE6 next - I think there's such a thing as being too faithful, and while SoV might not have crossed that line, that's no guarantee that Jugdral won't (which is to say in layman's terms, I don't trust IS to not drop the ball with them).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm not sure whether I want to say FE4 or FE6.  FE6 is probably easier to market due to Roy's popularity, but FE4 is the next in "line" since FE1-3 have remakes now and I don't think they want to skip things besides the already remade 1/3.

I wanna say FE6 but then again, they did remake Gaiden of all things, which was certainly not a popular choice. 

I would be surprised if they did another Archanea remake! Hopefully the next one is FE4.

Either 4 or 6. I find 4 more believeble, but then there's that part of the story that is pretty important and also a big taboo

arvis and deirdre getting married and having 2 children while being siblings

idk how nintendo would deal with that

Edited by Nobody

yeah FE4 is definitely most likely 

they did 1-3 now so it's just the next logical step

21 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Either 4 or 6. I find 4 more believeble, but then there's that part of the story that is pretty important and also a big taboo

Reveal hidden contents

arvis and deirdre getting married and having 2 children while being siblings

idk how nintendo would deal with that

there was plenty of potential incest in fates and in heroes you can tell they're perfectly fine acknowledging the fact that the game had incest (like half of lachesis' lines are about her brother)

i doubt they'd change it honestly

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

I've heard from a couple fans that the only stuff that would absolutely need to be changed could be changed quite easily because it's pretty much all "telling but never showing".
A lot of it is just people hyping up how "dark and mature" it is. Fates demonstrated perfectly well that too many people have no idea what the heck can slide in a T-rated game.

I'm aware, but this is more about what would slide in the west in general, not what would slide in a T rating.

I'll put my vote for Genealogy of the Horsey War.  It's pretty likely it'll be next since after Shadows of Valentia it'll be the oldest game in the series without a remake and it's a pretty popular game getting lots of love in FE Cipher which disproves the theory of "IS wants us to forget Jugdral since it was Kaga's baby"

Also, if Hidari could come back to be the artist, that'd be great.

3 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I predict either Genealogy or Binding Blade. Personally, I still want to see Binding Blade remade first. Roy has more than earned it. Also I want to hear an updated version of "Battle for Whose Sake".

Nah man, I want Shaman in the Dark played on an actual organ with a choir in the background.

I have high hopes for FE4 being the next potential Echoes installment. ^-^

Characters such as Seliph, Julia, and Eldigan have finally made their presence officially known in the west, thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes; it would make sense to keep momentum going.

I'd also like to see FE5 remade sometime in the future. This would be an especially good opportunity to further expand on Leif's character and for him to make a proper worldwide appearance. During Melee's development, Leif was originally considered to be the next FE representative after Marth until Sakurai settled with Roy to promote the next entry at the time, FE6.  

Gotta be FE4. Newbies will love the return of the children mechanic but also the comparatively darker storyline than Fates and Awakening. It will look like the series is going in an edgy direction, but actually...

If FE4 gets an Echoes version, I wouldn't be surprised if Eldigan and Ishtar or some characters along those lines were recruitable a la New Mystery Michalis. Not able to have kids, mind you, but recruitable.

Edited by Veronica Sawyer