We need a more diverse roster of 3*s

OakTree

Does anyone else agree with me on this? After all, shouldn't one of a gacha game's jobs be to make sure that any player will be capable of at least being able to roll something new with every new release? Making every single new release be either a 4-5* or a 5* causes the problem that most of the time when the player is trying to roll, they won't for most of the time be able to roll anything that is at least new, specially considering the banners only give a rate-up for the 5* version of every single new unit released.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you.

Right now the only unit who was demoted all the way to 3 or 4 stars (I don't think there was anyone else) was Male robin who really only shines at 5 stars anyway.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I agree with you.

Right now the only unit who was demoted all the way to 3 or 4 stars (I don't think there was anyone else) was Male robin who really only shines at 5 stars anyway.

Urgh... Male Robin pisses me off so much... I've seen his intro so many times without any dust.

Anyways, I definitely agree with you. Even though I'd rather pull much 4-5's, we need more diversity down there.

Yeah, pulls that lack 5 stars feel way better if you get a new face in your collection. That's why my dream update is a Greil Mercenaries one with every member of that group, but only Ike, Titania, Soren are the Focus while the others are 3-4 star.

Yeah, I wish they would either add a new batch of regular Hero battles and/or have at least one or two of the new Banner characters be available at 3* afterwards.  If Robin, who was a de facto deuteragonist for Awakening can be a 3*, anybody should be able to be.

It seems kind of random as to who gets the 5* exclusive treatment.  YOu have guys like Eliwood and Robin, who were main characters in their games being available as 3*, and then characters like Karel or Linde, who are relatively minor side-characters in the grand scheme of things, who are only obtainable as 5*.

I totally agree. Every time I see a rando I'm surprised at worst they're 4 star+ only. Like Rebecca felt like a pretty big shoe-in for 3-4. And I'm sure Lukas & Faye will also be 4-5 stars, even though they could probably just as easily be new 3 stars. Faye in particular would be fitting since she' starts as a villager!

e: Like...anything to break up the monotony of a 7th donnel. SEVEN

I HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MANY DONNELS AND ARTHURS

Edited by r_n

I agree with more diverse.

But I don't think we need more 3*s...

I think 3*s serve the purpose of allowing F2P users to use a select set of units that are available to them no matter what.  I don't think they need to continue to increase the number of free units, I think it's just temporary. 

However, I don't like how all the free units are from games I never played.  I'd like to see some FE7, Tellius, and Sacred Stones characters as 3*s.  I think it's a little late for that.

Edited by Lushen

Yeah, pretty much.... Or if nothing else, a means of altering the RNG not to get so damn many doubles might be nice lol ;; (frickin' Walden James loves me a little too much... I have way too many Subaki and Jagen esp after the recent Crest quests)

Not getting who you want is disappointing enough, it'd be nice if you can at least have the enjoyment of seeing someone new instead of frickin' Barst and Est for the thirteenth time sigh

exaggerating, but just slightly

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I agree with more diverse.

But I don't think we need more 3*s...

I think 3*s serve the purpose of allowing F2P users to use a select set of units that are available to them no matter what.  I don't think they need to continue to increase the number of free units, I think it's just temporary. 

However, I don't like how all the free units are from games I never played.  I'd like to see some FE7, Tellius, and Sacred Stones characters as 3*s.  I think it's a little late for that.

...I think you're thinking of 2*s.

I think we can expect more 3* bases when the story gets updated and introduces a bunch of new characters. Unless they plan to use the paralogue characters for the new story missions (unlikely since Tellius/Jugdral will likely be featured in next story update).

24 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I think you're thinking of 2*s.

No, I consider 3*s f2p as well.  It's not for hoarders, but if you're spending the orbs you're getting you shouldn't have a problem getting all the 3*s.  The only reason I haven't been able to is because I only pull from certain colors.

Would like to see more Hero Battles or have the Heroes that come from Hero Battles be reobtainable by redoing the Hero Battle on a later date. Would also like to see Matthew and Raigh be available via Hero Battles. It may devalue those heroes but they can be helpful in providing players free chances to experiment with skill inheritance and merging mechanics.

Having more 3* heroes would also be nice; I think there's more different 4* heroes than there are of different 3* heroes.

Edited by Roflolxp54

While I would like to have more vareity in 3* units, I don't think they are going to be added anytime soon if ever. The problem is that we are only 2.5 months I to the game. If IS suddenly adds new units into the 3* pool, we are going to start expecting it at these intervals. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get new 3* units until at least 6 months - 1 year or maybe longer, into the game's life. 

My expectation is that the next batch of 3-star units will be added at the same time as the first proper Jugdral, Tellius, or Magvel banner.

Actually, at that point, they might simply split the drop pool into two separate pools, one for the existing set of 3-star drops and one for the next set of 3-star drops, for example, running re-run banners with the old drop pool and new banners with the new drop pool.

I figure we're still at least 2 or 3 months away from such an update, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yes.

I mean, seriously, they shouldn't keep just adding five stars. It's fine for lords, like Eirika or Alm, or characters who are supposed to be really strong, like Eldigan or Reinhardt, but units like Rebecca shouldn't be more than four stars.

I don't mind the focus banner characters being five stars for the duration of the banner, but I do think that after that, some should drop down to 3*'s. It's a bit dull to get all of the same faces again and again, and 3* are meant to be the most numerous in diversity, imo. 

I can only encourage you people to send IS feedback by using the customer support feature. I actually suggested a more diverse 3* pool a while ago and it still baffles me why they did not add arguably mediocre units like Lachesis and Rebecca as 3*s after their focus banners.

I disagree. Why does anyone want more 3 stars? 4 star units are better. And as we keep getting more of those, we actually have a better chance of pulling them instead of 3 stars. 4 star units are better skill fodder and better in battle.

I'm glad the 3 star pool isn't increasing.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Why does anyone want more 3 stars? 4 star units are better. And as we keep getting more of those, we actually have a better chance of pulling them instead of 3 stars. 4 star units are better skill fodder and better in battle.

I'm glad the 3 star pool isn't increasing.

...The rarity comes before the character- which is why the 3* pool being small is a problem in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Why does anyone want more 3 stars? 4 star units are better. And as we keep getting more of those, we actually have a better chance of pulling them instead of 3 stars.

Sadly, that's not how the odds of pulling work.

Just now, salinea said:

Sadly, that's not how the odds of pulling work.

I'm pretty sure it is, because lately I've pulled way more 4 stars than 3 stars and before the last few banners rolled in, this was reversed.