We need a more diverse roster of 3*s

OakTree

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Why does anyone want more 3 stars? 4 star units are better. And as we keep getting more of those, we actually have a better chance of pulling them instead of 3 stars. 4 star units are better skill fodder and better in battle.

I'm glad the 3 star pool isn't increasing.

The chances of pulling 3's is always higher than pulling 4*. It only costs 2k feathers to promote a unit from 3 to 4 stars, which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. People like me want diversity and the chance to work with more units. You're always going to pull more 3 than 4*'s, so it'd be nice to have a larger pool to work with. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm pretty sure it is, because lately I've pulled way more 4 stars than 3 stars and before the last few banners rolled in, this was reversed.

Well you clearly know better than everyone else.

I'm pretty sure it is, because lately I've pulled way more 4 stars than 3 stars and before the last few banners rolled in, this was reversed.

And I've been rolling many more 5*s since I gave my phone to my sister. Correlation does not equal causation, any statistician will tell you that.

And most Fire Emblem players tend to develop informal degrees in on-the-spot statistics.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

And I've been rolling many more 5*s since I gave my phone to my sister. Correlation does not equal causation, any statistician will tell you that.

And most Fire Emblem players tend to develop informal degrees in on-the-spot statistics.

Giving your phone to your sister is something outside of the game. I'm specifically talking about in-game things. Big difference.

Giving your phone to your sister is something outside of the game. I'm specifically talking about in-game things. Big difference.

Strictly speaking, I suppose it'd have been more accurate to say it was the pegasus knight banner that gave me all my five stars.

Considering the kinds of Tanas I roll (hello, max Strength, Speed and Luck naturally), I kind of expected it.

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It tells you the pull rate on the banner, and it's always the same at default/base.  Rarity is rolled before the unit, else they'd be in breach of gacha laws in Japan.

Further, I doubt you've rolled thousands of times to substantiate your claim with a proper sample size.  A handful of rolls is NOT a proper sample size.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Strictly speaking, I suppose it'd have been more accurate to say it was the pegasus knight banner that gave me all my five stars.

Considering the kinds of Tanas I roll (hello, max Strength, Speed and Luck naturally), I kind of expected it.

Considering Tanas growth rates, that is actually what you would expect (45% strength growth with a low cap 65% speed and 60% luck). She is just that good.

I just spent 60 orbs on the new banner and I got 2 Gunter's, 2 Clarine's, 3 Olivia's and some other bronzies, all of whom I already had. And only got two 4 stars in the process.

...Yeah I'd like a larger pool of 3 stars to be available lol

39 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Wholeheartedly agree with this. I've pulled more than enough 3* Firs to last a lifetime (6, at the current total...)

I wish I had your luck.... I'd love some more Firs and Subakis. 

I have all these stupidly useless Fredericks and Ests (likewise about 6-7)... If they increase the number of 3* units my chances of getting that individual unit drop! I can't support this. 

Edited by Ralphophoulous

9 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

On another note I don't want any additions to the 3* pool until I get enough Hinatas to satisfy my Fury needs

I STILL haven't pulled a Hinata.  And only pulled 2 Odin, 2 Lon'qu, 2 Robin, and so on.  So... yeah, I actually feel the same as a personal greed sort of thing.  Either only add units that are good SI bait, shrink it further, or make a friend point gacha that lets us summon 1-star versions of the 3-star units to use as SI fodder.

Edited by GinRei

1 hour ago, Ralphophoulous said:

I wish I had your luck.... I'd love some more Firs and Subakis. 

I have all these stupidly useless Fredericks and Ests (likewise about 6-7)... If they increase the number of 3* units my chances of getting that individual unit drop! I can't support this. 

Hey man Fred isn't useless, Fortify Defense and Luna being available at 4* isn't bad at all.

Est, on the other hand..... eeeeyyyeahhh..... welp more feathers in the hand for you

Edited by BANRYU

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The odds of drawing each rarity is literally documented in the game itself (on the summon banner, click "appearance rates"), and my understanding it that it's required by Japanese law to be accurate.

The % chance you get a 3* character is fixed (well, except for the tiny effect of the "pity bonus"). The number of 3* characters and 4* characters in the pool does not affect this.

Hopefully, when they do add a batch of Tellius, Magvel, or Jugdral characters they add another round of regular Hero Battles and/or increase the pool size, because a thought occurred to me.

The great thing about 3*, is that even if you get repeats, there's bound to at least be some 3*s you like and can raise up.  I like my Nino and Est, and though it's not a sure thing, you're bound to get them eventually.  So if you're a fan of Tellius, under the current system any new characters would be 5* only or possibly 4*, so you'd be unlikely to get them, with modest Pulling, as opposed to if they added 5-10 Tellius characters to the pool of 3*.  So if people are fans of a particular game, it would help.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Why does anyone want more 3 stars? 4 star units are better. And as we keep getting more of those, we actually have a better chance of pulling them instead of 3 stars. 4 star units are better skill fodder and better in battle.

I'm glad the 3 star pool isn't increasing.

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...The rarity comes before the character- which is why the 3* pool being small is a problem in the first place.

The distribution by rarity plays the largest factor, but isn't the only thing because distributions of units by rarity within each color are slightly different. Adding more characters available as 3-star pulls wouldn't make it any more likely to pull a 3-star unit so long as they are close to the same distribution as we currently have between colors. (Adding something like 30 units to the green 3-star pool without any changes to the other colors is going to boost the 4-star rates of every other color while tanking the 4-star rates of green, for example.)

The problem with duplicate character pulls is that all characters available for summoning fall into one of three pull tiers:

• 3-star and 4-star (49)
  • 4-star and 5-star (83) (34)
  • 5-star exclusive (20)

Where the problem lies is the fact that the only group that contains 3-star characters is the first tier. Compared to the fact that two separate tiers contribute to the pool of 4-star characters, the pool of 4-star characters is extremely diluted. Even though the probability of pulling a 3-star anything (58%) is only 1.6 times the probability of pulling a 4-star anything (36%), the probability of pulling a specific 3-star (1.18%) is a whopping 2.7 times the probability of pulling a specific 4-star (0.434%).

This results in extremely high chances of pulling duplicate 3-stars.

^ Nice Frederick, wish I can say the same about mine.

Anyways back on topic, it would be nice to have some of the lords to be a 3-star unit so it be easier stop spending so many damn orbs. Then again I suppose that's why their 5 stars to begin with *Sigh*

I'm so glad this wasn't the case for M-Robin. ^_^

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

The same case with my M-Robin, it was quite the journey.

I bet it was. Also, yeah, I do wish more lords could be pulled as 3 star too, but those are really the only 3 stars I'd add. So far, I think only Eliwood is pullable as 3 star out of the lord pool.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I bet it was. Also, yeah, I do wish more lords could be pulled as 3 star too, but those are really the only 3 stars I'd add. So far, I think only Eliwood is pullable as 3 star out of the lord pool.

Possible 3* protagonist pulls currently:

High Deliverer Robin

Eliwood

Fateful Princess Corrin