We need a more diverse roster of 3*s

OakTree

The problem with units like Frederick is that outside of Effie and some blue mages, he can't be relied on to ORKO (unless he gets a proc.) Which leaves a unit alive to screw over someone else on enemy phase if your positioning isn't careful. The increasing prevalence of mages (at least from what I've seen) and the fact that he's green REALLY doesn't help him either. If only he was blue... 

I'd think his best build would probably be a Killer Axe build with Ignis and QR with defense stacking.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ralphophoulous said:

I wish I had your luck.... I'd love some more Firs and Subakis. 

I'm curious. Why would you want Fir? Nothing about her strikes me as particularly useful... Both her stats and her skills are nothing special. Unless you really want to farm Speed+ or Pass 1?

Subaki I can understand, if you want a tanky unit. But there are far better options for sword users other than Fir, and as they're one of the more common types in the game, it's likely you'll have a far better alternative to Fir.

I know I do. I'll keep my Lon'qu as my main myrmidon. He exceeds her in every way.

After using 140 orbs yesterday and obtaining 5 3* Selenas I warmly agree. It's was even hoping for a 4* SS twin but nope just doubles all the time. I just hope that the next update will be the next story update. I mean we need maps for those new objectives right? 

Anything to stop the horror.

1 hour ago, Galactaray said:

After using 140 orbs yesterday and obtaining 5 3* Selenas I warmly agree. It's was even hoping for a 4* SS twin but nope just doubles all the time. I just hope that the next update will be the next story update. I mean we need maps for those new objectives right? 

Anything to stop the horror.

I imagine they want to introduce new worlds for the next story update, so Magvel, Telius, Jugdral and Valm. However, they don't have enough caracters to make a full chapter for any of these worlds (Jugdral comes close with 6, but that is only if they don't split up thracia 776 and geology), so I think it will be a while until a new story update. They will probably use those new objectives for xenologues and special maps instead. One can hope though.

Back on topic, while I still lack a few 3* heroes, it does seem weird to have so many 4-5* exclusive heroes. I  can understand they want several units to be difficult to get, but those units should at least be either really popular or really good (preferebly both, like Lucina or Hector).

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I play the Speed game with my Arena team and it works pretty well.  Takumi has Threaten Speed, and I've given Abel Hone Speed and Baby Tiki Seal Speed.  With proper buff synergy, I can even get my Julia to double a lot of units.  This week, anyway, my Defense Team also seems to be making use of it.  I've got 10 wins so far.

Too bad Frederick can't get Wary Fighter.  He's sort of an armor unit, originally.

Well, sadly for me, the only characters I've had with any of those speed skills are Virion (Seal Speed) and Palla (Hone Speed from an Eirika). And the former is pretty meh while the other can only really combat greens.

And yeah, that's a bummer. Freddy would've loved Wary Fighter. But I'm still making mine the best possible!

5 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm curious. Why would you want Fir? Nothing about her strikes me as particularly useful... Both her stats and her skills are nothing special. Unless you really want to farm Speed+ or Pass 1?

I really like the units that can eliminate another unit without taking any damage. Ryoma can take out julia and nino but takes a good deal of damage in the process if he needs to bait. Fir on the other hand takes the tiniest of scratches and the damage gap actually decreases as your go from a +1 nino vs +1 fir, to +10 nino vs +10 fir. 

Just like any red, with a few modifications she can handle handle any ax user which is essential, but ultimately it's the utility in high res bait and ability to essentially remove some common units for minimal damage taken is what i like. Most very high res units are mages themselves with lower stats so fir gives you that nice little bump. 

But I guess mostly i just like her.... 

2 hours ago, KongDude88 said:

It honestly wasn't necessary to put all of them in.

And because of that, we still lack some popular characters from Fates (Charlotte and Fiora) 

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

And because of that, we still lack some popular characters from Fates (Charlotte and Fiora) 

I would agree with Flora, but not so sure about Charlotte. I would want Keaton and Kaden but they don't even have beaststones so it's highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, KongDude88 said:

It honestly wasn't necessary to put all of them in.

In Fates or Heroes? :lol:

But yeah, I think it would be neat if some Fates royals and their retainers were added incrementally at the same rate as the paralogue characters. That is, getting those guys on release in their place. Seems odd to get such a grandiose welcome to units like Rebecca. But I know people would be hype for characters like Arthur Elise.

And if they HAD to include all the Fates retainers, they actually didn't, because the game is still missing Silas and Kaze. They technically are Corrin's retainers. Kaze even offers to serve Corrin as an official retainer and Corrin accepts. Silas was loyal to Corrin ever since they were kids.

I really want Silas and Kaze. :( They're my favorite Fates characters that aren't in Heroes yet. Silas is my top favorite next to Ryoma.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And if they HAD to include all the Fates retainers, they actually didn't, because the game is still missing Silas and Kaze. They technically are Corrin's retainers. Kaze even offers to serve Corrin as an official retainer and Corrin accepts. Silas was loyal to Corrin ever since they were kids.

I really want Silas and Kaze. :( They're my favorite Fates characters that aren't in Heroes yet. Silas is my top favorite next to Ryoma.

I wouldn't mind getting Kaze or Silas, since I married Kaze, but it will probably be a while before we get more Fates characters.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I wouldn't mind getting Kaze or Silas, since I married Kaze, but it will probably be a while before we get more Fates characters.

My Corrin married Silas, so I get you there. And yeah, I do agree that we won't be getting more Fates characters for awhile.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jakob, Gunter & Felicia probably got top retainer treatment since they've been with Corrin for most of his life and they're the ones you start the prologue chapters with.

I'm guessing the reason Flora didn't get in at first despite also technically being a retainer for Corin and in the top...10, I believe, popular fates characters is she's only available in 2 of the routes near end game if you do a certain thing in the castle. 

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Jakob, Gunter & Felicia probably got top retainer treatment since they've been with Corrin for most of his life and they're the ones you start the prologue chapters with.

That's true too. Though in Birthright you only have Gunter for a total of like three chapters and then he's gone forever...

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Gustavos said:

In Fates or Heroes? :lol:

But yinah, I think it would be neat if some Fates royals and their retainers were added incrementally at the same rate as the paralogue characters. That is, getting those guys on release in their place. Seems odd to get such a grandiose welcome to units like Rebecca. But I know people would be hype for characters like Arthur Elise.

Rebecca's pretty popular. Everyone except Priscilla, Karel and Hawkeye are fairly popular.