Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 2: Of Dire Tides

Xinnidy

Well, it seemed they had company sooner rather than later, as several unknowns appeared from the South of the base, approaching rather quickly. The call from the Captain to enter battle formation came, and people started to move.

"Oni-2, taking point, use forest cover." Kim noted, before moving her Velite forward, settling next to Astin, who had already moved. Switching comms off for a moment, she turned back to Christina.

"Hold tight, have company."

Kim to 17,10

Edited by Ether

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The enemy was here. Brant turned his Accensus' nose toward the chaos, and began his descent back into the combat zone. He had no idea how they'd gotten so close without being spotted by him, the base defense, or the Riese, but that was probably why the eastern front was being kicked around so badly. There was no time to figure out their little trick right this moment. Brant just hoped there wouldn't be any shenanigans of that sort during the actual firefight. That would prove more than just a little problematic. Oni Leader's instructions made sense, so there wasn't anything to question. Brant simply moved into position and readied weapons for the oncoming enemies.

Brant moves to 20,15

"So much for light scouting," Thorvald sighed, off channel, then snapped his attention back to the developing situation. What were the odds, that all of a sudden Apotheosis takes an interest in Podunk, Iowa? And if it wasn't that slimmest of coincidences, did that mean they were being tracked somehow, intentionally engaged while their battleship was tied up? Too many questions, but maybe they could get themselves some answers.

Flipping the switch to transmit, Thorvald answered back, "Not a bad plan, there Oni Leader. I'll guard that east flank of yours as we advance."

Thorvald to 19, 10

The patrol had been short-lived, perhaps if it had been longer his comrades would have had a better chance to accustom to their new units - although Kim's enthusiastic lap was probably enough playtime for the pilot. With multiple hostiles, some unrecognised models, Tarquin knew his position and role, even without any instructions from Astin. The enemies weren't in range just yet. The other members of the group would be able to close in first giving him time to learn their movement patterns and what they were capable of. Apotheosis appeared to have a vast array of unit types, which begged to question where they were obtaining them all from.

"Oni Three taking position, prepared to engage the enemy as soon as they enter functional range." Tarquin replied, relocating his unit to a slightly more covered spot. Turning on his comms again, Tarquin knew one person who could possibly shed some light on the matter. "Nikolai, have you seen these units before? They are not present in the ANF database."

Tarquin moves to 22 13

Nikolai narrowed his eyes as he felt a cool shudder of anticipation run down his spine. He was once more amongst grass and trees, not quite having realised how little of them he had seen since he'd last been on earth. Life seemed to have taken him in a decidedly strange direction...

He glanced around as he saw them in the distance, a handful of enemies. Nothing too intensive, but at the same time he knew that underestimating the situation would have horrible, dire consequences. No, he was going to be careful, always careful.

"I have no fucking clue what designation I am but I am here, da?" He muttered into the comm unit. He figured the labels were arbitrary, stupid, a distraction, "I never see these assholes before in my entire life, but I know they are... what do you call... bad motherfuckers, yeah?"

Nikolai moves to (20, 11), glaring at the enemy with hate in his eyes the whole time

"Wha!" Juria had been looking over the specifics of the mech to more familiarize herself with the specifics of it, zoning out of the conversations going on in the coms until Astin told her to be ready and they were moving again. She shook her head to try reorienting herself. Though they were approaching Apotheosis attackers, they at least hadn't gotten into combat just yet, so she wasn't going into a fight completely unprepared. "Sorry for inattentiveness, Astin friend! Let me know if needing to be run anything for robot to be helping. Hopefully I used big word right. Progress?

Enemy Phase / Turn 1

The enemy formation sorties forward, some choosing to avoid attacking!

Velite #1 attacks!
Target: Velite Mk.III (Kim)
Weapon: Beam Sword
Final Hit: 18
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 42, 10
Miss!

Kim counters!
Weapon: Pulse Palm Cannon
Final Hit: 96
Final Crit: 45
Roll: 27,9
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 108

Kim gains 30 Exp!
Kim gains +4 Will!
Cressida #1 attacks!
Target: Ceres (Astin)
Weapon: Plasma Sword
Thorvald support defends!
Final Hit: 84
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 40, 75
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 24

Astin counters!
Weapon: Thruster Club
Final Hit: 77
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 93, 94
Miss!
Cressida #2 attacks!
Target: Legionary (Thorvald)
Weapon: LB Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 76
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 47, 65
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 32

Thorvald counters!
Weapon: Wrist Gatlings
Final Hit: 66
Roll: 75, 96
Miss!

Thorvald gains +4 will from EP!

DOA

Jess was more than surprised to see such a quick force emerging from seemingly nowhere, but that was only the tip of the iceberg, quickly crashing into their titanic. As the first wave engaged the Riese's advancing troops, scanners started blaring emergency.

"C-Captain, we... Th-This is a big problem!"

Jess focused her eyes out of the bridge, shivering at the sight. "Th-They... How?"

Across the plains and river, a massive brick of steel was floating through the air towards them. Th-They have active battleships. H-How-- I... And it looks... So powerful, too... Wh-What's going on... Wherever Apotheosis was being supplied from, it was certainly far more than the ANF was expecting. Jess' confusion at how quickly the east had folded was slowly dissipating, being replaced with sickening fear.

"Captain, we..." Tristan spoke again, also having trouble containing his worries. "W-We're receiving hails from the unknown ship. Should we accept?"

In The Thick of It

Chrissy pulled her knees up into the seat again as Kim blasted forwards, trying to contain any excess noises. The bot swerved and shook, all she could do was try to pretend there wasn't a battle swirling around her. Another hard swerve from the bot made her finally squeak, slapping a hand over her mouth to try and stay quiet. Just f-focus, on Kim... N-No, fighting, no... Worries... You can make it...

Put Them Through

Jess had hesitated for long enough, shivering some, before nodding and pressing the button to receive.

"Well. I didn't think the Captain of the crew that beat us on Colony One would be so young. I'm Apotheosis Lieutenant Vera Maxwell, and this! This, is the Chaldene. A pleasure, Captain Gefalscht."

And now she was stuck, staring at the woman who could have destroyed their whole team, seemingly calm and confident about this whole engagement. Jess didn't have the words. Did anyone? "I..."

"Apologies for following you all so quickly after our last engagement, but my Commander-- Helena, I'm sure you saw her --wants us to keep tabs on your ship, and you, as green as you look. I wasn't informed of the details, but--"

"Why me!?" Jess finally snapped, grit teeth in her seat. "Damn you all! I d-don't care about anything you have t-to say! I, If you think you can show your f-face here, destroy us all k... K-Kill everyone!" Jess pointed an angry finger at Vera, the lieutenant even seeming startled by the girl's sudden vigor.

"If you think we're going to let you-- a-any of you, get away with this... You're dead wrong." Jess finally sat back in her seat, shaking, trying to contain herself, and all Vera could do was smile and chuckle.

"Now that we have the cliché rhetoric out of the way, let's see how well you back up your words. We'd like your base, so if you think you have what it takes... Then stop us. Best of luck, captain." The video cut out before Jess could spit any more drivel at her, causing the captain to bite her lip.

"Who... Does she think... Wh-Who do any of them, think they are... E-Ensign!"

"Y-Yes, captain!" Tristan was visibly put off from seeing Jess to distraught, not in her normal fashion. This anger was unlike her, in every way.

"Cancel all further plans to refill, we're moving the ship. Engines on, t-take off!"

"...Aye aye, ma'am."

Confusing Conclusion

Some of the members of the Chaldene's bridge were confused as to why Vera had stirred up the enemy captain so much, but she just kept her smile. "It wouldn't be a fair fight if they didn't have any drive. Let's see what they've got... Bridge to Intermediate Fatima, your team is ready, correct?

There was radio static for a moment, before a giggling response came back to Vera. "Of course~ Ready and willing for take off... Hee~"

Vera tried not to snort at how silly her pilot sounded. "Then take off. Your target is the Riese. Do as much damage to it as you can."

"Aye aye, ma'am~!"

Player Phase / Turn 2

DhLzrUX.png

Victory Conditions:
Defeat All Enemies

Defeat Conditions:
Riese is destroyed / Any enemy makes it into the base

Battle Mastery:
Within 6 turns, defeat all 5 hunters, then defeat Fatima's Deimos

Enemy Stats

Edited by Nanami Touko

Time to Fight

"Bow forward, a-all engines, on! Charge!" Jess was mad, furious. To be taunted so plainly like they could waltz in and take whatever they wished, they really didn't know what they were up against!

"Aye, ma'am! All engine, engage!" The Riese began a slow motion, before speeding over to the intended area, guns aimed at the approaching Apotheosis forces.

"M-Main gunners, engage enemies! F... Fire!"

Jess to 17,11, autocannons to Velite #1!

The Riese attacks!
Target: Velite #1 
Weapon: Autocannons
Final Hit: 64
Roll: 51,40
Hit!
No crit

Velite #1 takes 27 damage!

Velite #1 counters!
Weapon: Energy Chakram
Final Hit: 100!
Roll: 85,47
Hit!
No crit

The Riese takes 39 damage

Jessica gains +2 will!
Jessica gains +40 exp!
Edited by Nanami Touko

Astin muttered under their breath as they missed the first counter. It's a new bot. It's bound to take a bit to get used to. Though speaking of, lets see what tricks this thing has. "Juria, get ready. Deploying the wired fist, keep an eye on the system, make sure there aren't any anomalies I need to know about when using it. It's a new system for us both, so lets hope there aren't any surprises. Or at least any bad surprises."

Astin slaps Velite 2 with the wired fist

"Calm stay, Christina. We fine." Seung-Min called back to her co-pilot as she swiftly evaded the incoming sword stroke, countering the apotheosis pilot by grabbing it's arm with the Mk.III's plasma gauntlet, holding it in place to be torn to shreds by the pulse cannon. Swerving to the side as the Riese came barreling in with it's automatic cannons, peppering the Velite further.

"Good see join us, Captain. Quite spirit of you." Kim called out, before jetting back into the older Velite model, looking to blow it's cockpit out with her pulse cannon.

Kim hold position, attack Velite 1 with Pulse Palm Cannon

It seemed that Astin had a mind to redirect their attention, which certainly took the preoccupied Velite by surprise! Who brings a fist to a gunfight anyways?

Astin attacks!
Target: Velite #2
Weapon: Wired Fist
Final Hit: 89
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 68, 38
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 74

Velite #2 counters!
Final Hit: 29
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 17, 14
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 38

Astin gains 4 Will!
Astin gains 20 EXP!

On the other hand, the other Velite pilot really reconsiders his idea of going headfirst after the shiny unidentified bot first!

Kim attacks!
Target: Velite #1
Weapon: Pulse Palm Cannon
Final Hit: 96
Final Crit: 45
Roll: 90, 29
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 108

"I-I was pressing buttons! Nothing I could do!"
Velite #1 is out of commission... like really!
Kim gains 200 EXP! And 7 PP to boot!
In addition, Kim gains +7 Will! So lucky!
Edited by Xinnidy

"I'm retasking to assist with the oncoming drones, but I won't be far and I'll try to help take out one of the ones bothering you," Thorvald alerted his nearby comrades before making a slight change of position. The goal was to stave off all of these fronts from taking the friendly ANF base, and depending how things handled, it could be a bit of a chore. They would have to make do the best they could however.

Thorvald moves to 22,11, fires gatlings at Velite 2

Thorvald took the tactical positioning approach, even attempting a succesful potshot!

Thorvald attacks!
Weapon: Wrist Gatlings
Final Hit: 66
Final Crit: 17
Roll: 65, 78
Hit!
No Crit!
Damage: 30

Velite #2 counters!
Final Hit: 85
Final Crit: 13
Roll: 95, 41
Miss! Whoah.
Thorvald gains 2 Will!
Thorvald gains 30 EXP!

They were here. And they were fighting. And it was time for her to fight, too. Though, after previous encounters, Elaine thought about taking a different approach to this one. While many of the Apotheosis mechs were fighting everyone else, Elaine quickly got herself into one of the forests to conceal herself. It wasn't her style to play hide and seek with enemy soldiers, but for now, she wanted to stay safe. Taking out her preferred Beam Rifle, she aimed down the sights of her weapon, looking for the right time to fire. "...Come on...Come on..." She mumbled, though only saying it out loud to break the silence within the cockpit of the Heracles. Then, finally, she spotted one of the black Velites, far more damaged than the rest. "Smile, you son of a bitch!"

Elaine to 21, 12, Beam Rifle Velite 2 (with Off. Support from Hannah)

Edited by Dandragon

Elaine takes a heavy shot at the approaching Velite!

Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Hit: 71
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 99,63
Miss!

The Velite Counters with its own hefty artillery!
Weapon: Laser Gatling
Final Hit: 61
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 72,21
Miss! Close...

"Acknowledged, Sergeant. Smiling, and providing sufficient backup."

Hannah Supports!
Weapon: Laser Gatling
Final Hit: 68
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 52,89
Hit!
No crit.
Final Damage: 63

Hannah gains +20 EXP!

Receiving no reply from the Sergeant, Hannah continues the assault! Android to 20,10

"Attempting close combat."
Weapon: Incision Knife
Final Hit: 90
Final Crit: 34
Roll: 66,32
Hit
Crit!
"Direct Hit!"
Final Damage: 50
Final Crit Damage: 74

"It's moves like a machine--!"
Velite #2 collapses
Hannah gains +5 will!
Hannah gains +150 EXP and +7 PP!

"Sergeant, are there any further orders?"
Edited by Nanami Touko

There was something grimly satisfying about the sounds of gunfire, the sharp, acrid scent of smoke and the lurch of the mech as he maneuvered the hulking killing machine. Perhaps the fact that it was all so organic to him was a little sick, but he remembered that this was a game to the humans of the world, if his experience at the arcade was anything to go by. His face pulled into a strange expression, something akin to a smile but didn't quite make it's way up to his intense green eyes, pupils dilated and blown out into predatory pits as he felt the gentle pulse of brain-meat against sharp metal.

The reason he was born, the final reminder that he'd been thrust out of humanity and into the realm of abomination.

He hummed to himself, nessun dorma, the soft swell of the aria contrasting strongly with the chaos of fighting, and yet so entirely appropriate (If Nikolai had known anything about opera, of course. At the moment, he had no true way of knowing it's truly wretched origins). He felt the strangest stirring of hope that the comm lines weren't open, as though he almost realised that perhaps a young boy gleefully humming the climactic piece from Turandot was a little disquieting, and almost caring about the effect he had on others.

Almost.

He lurched forward once more, no tactics, only shooting and intuition.

Nikolai to (19,11)  Blast Shotgun Cress 1

Edited by Yuuki Mishima

As Brant approached the unfolding skirmish, he got a visual on what looked like a squad of skygraspers. They were heading straight for the base at high speed. Alarms went off in Brant's head. "Are they coming in for a bombing run?" If they were, there were enough of them to wreck the base, or pick off the defenders and capture it, whichever they preferred. Tarquin was in position to intercept, but a one versus five scenario wasn't ideal. Throwing himself into the mix would at least slow the enemies down long enough for the team to start picking them off. Brant unlocked his funnels as the Accensus matched altitude with the incoming hostiles. At the same time, he marked a specific unit, the one most likely to slip by them if they pushed hard enough.

"Oni Three, this is Oni One-" they seriously needed better- "That incoming squad's probably going to hit the base if we don't stop them here. Let's focus them down. I've already got the outlier marked for us." The funnels were ready, but Brant wasn't planning on using them offensively, not with this kind of disadvantage. No, the funnels would be his point defense weapons for now ... and if all else failed, shields. This situation was too dangerous to risk being hit directly, especially by potentially unknown armaments. "Eject or die," Brant hissed, loosing several anti air missiles at the marked Hunter.

Brant moves to 23,12, activates Focus, and attacks Hunter #1 with AA Missiles.

Results appeared to be rather mixed on the frontline. Tarquin's prediction of Elaine's unfamiliarity had so far been proven correct, and their own forces were considerably outnumbered by their enemies. He was originally going to supply aid from afar, but it appeared that he'd have to get more involved than expected. The chances of himself or Brant taking damage were high, but it was a calculated risk they'd have to take. Any damage they sustained wouldn't matter if they kept the base safe. It was odd, he'd worked with Nikolai in the game only recently, and now he was teaming up with Brant in the field. Perhaps he could function as part of a group? None of the aerial craft were particularly robust, the fragile frames clearly designed to avoid fire than endure it. An intelligent design, but it didn't take into account a foe with exceptional aim - or practice against small moving targets.

"Understood Oni-1, anti-air launch routine is on standby. Relocating to fire." Tarquin replied, his unit swiftly emerging from among the trees and sliding along the ground for a moment or two. "Estimated damage from return fire is not insignificant, although I am sure you are aware of that. "

Pointing his rifle up in the air, he took aim at Brant's target. A well placed shot would hopefully penetrate the cockpit and eliminate the pilot - or at the very least render their unit useless. His sniper would have been able to make his shot from the woods, but 

Tarquin moves to 23,11, activates Sense and attacks Hunter #1 with his Beam Rifle

-

The last half hour had been rather uneventful for Bill. As dire as the situation was, he knew that it wasn't his place to worry or act on it. His job was to keep things clean and wage war against grime, not keep the world safe and wage war on terror. Panicking would only make the experience more unpleasant, and would mean his floors would be claimed by scuff marks and dirt. Bill often wondered if he took his job too seriously, or if he simply had found something that he could use his talents in. At school he'd never excelled in any particular field, but for some reason he felt rather attuned with the staff aboard the Heion Riese. right from the Taco Girl to the Oily Boot Bandit. The Toast Terror was someone he'd need to hunt down, but there was more than enough time.

Whether or not he were insane, Bill was scheduled to visit a psychologist regardless. Dr Hart's office was due a sort out, the bins and the dusting were things that academics often overlooked. He couldn't blame them though, they had their heads full with enough knowledge to not leave space for such trivial matters. Approaching the door, Bill decided it would be polite to knock first - you didn't take a Joey from a mother's pouch without asking!

"Knockity knock knock, any prezzies for an ocker with a trash bag?" Bill asked, tapping on the door gently. "Prime material for a garbologist like me!"

"God dammit." Either the enemy had been able to see her attack coming, or the beam had missed its mark. Either way, Elaine wasn't too happy about it. "Gaaaah...Stupid outdated piece of-"

"Acknowledged, Sergeant. Smiling, and providing sufficient backup."

"Wait, wha-" Was all she got out, before a volley of beams was fired straight at the black Velite. And while a few of them missed, most of them hit dead on.

"Attempting close combat."

A mobile suit jumped and flew straight out of the forest, seemingly next to Elaine the entire time without her noticing it. The movements it made her sharp, liked they were calculated, and without a moment's hesitation, jammed an Incision Knife right into the chest of the Velite, before quickly retreating from it as it exploded from the impact.

"Sergeant, are there any further orders?"

For a moment, Elaine sat there with her mouth slightly agape, making noises that could be considered something along the lines of 'shock and disbelief'. She looked down at her communications console, before slamming the button and responding. "Yeah, I got some 'orders', alright! Like 'ordering' you to tell me what the hell you're doing in the cockpit of a robot!"

Knockity Knock it Off

Cheryl sighed. "How does an Australian get stuck on an American first class battleship..." At least she wasn't smoking this time. She'd gotten a lecture last time-- not about her health, but about how ashes could cause awful stains on a carpet. "Yes, yes, come in... You're right on time, the bin's full. Do you keep yourself on a timer, or are you just lucky?" Whatever it was, this Bill seemed to manage to be ready for any trash. Maybe he's got ESP for garbage... hah!

Ordering up an Answer

Hannah paused. Was it wrong of her to make such a decision? Buck didn't seem against it, he seemed quite pleased to see a robot in a robot. Did he not have the authority to decide something like that? Hannah made a note to ask after the battle was over.

"Of course, Sergeant. My scan of the ship indicated that it does not contain a sufficient number of
active pilots. As I am trained for all forms of combat, it felt necessary to provide the force with
another body. I am not designed to formulate strategies and plans on my own, but I can listen
to almost all complex instructions. Please direct me as you see fit. As well, apologies for...
'Stealing your kill,' as I have been informed it is put."

Nikolai goes for a good shot, with repercussions!

Nikolai attacks!
Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Blast Shotgun
Final Hit: 75
Final Crit: 48
Roll: 65,38
Hit
Crit!
Crit Damage: 74

Cressida #1 counters!
Weapon: MT12 Machine Gun
Final Hit: 37
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 12,34
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 71

Nikolai gains 1 Will, and 40 EXP!

Brant has pretty good aim against other planes!

Brant attacks!
Target: Hunter #1
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Crit: 4
Roll: 11,56
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 63

Hunter #1 counters!
Final Hit: 9
Roll: 22,84
Miss!

Brant gains 3 Will, and 30 EXP!

Science boy keeps his good hit/miss ratio.

Tarquin attacks!
Target: Hunter #1
Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Crit: 7
Roll: 48,96
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 77
Hunter #1 is taken down on the word go!
Tarquin gains 200 EXP, 8 Will and 5 PP!

Enemy Phase / Turn 2

"Go! Go for the base, we'll distract them!"

Cressida #3 moves to 16,13!
Cressida #2 has their eyes set on 19,10, on the middle of enemy grounds?

"Ain't nowhere left for me..."
Cressida #2 attacks!
Target: Ceres (Astin)
Weapon: Plasma Saber
Final Hit: 45
Roll: 57,13
Miss!

Astin counters!
Weapon: Proto Hybrid Sword
Final Hit: 89
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 47,10
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 160! Yeowch!
"G-guh! I made a mistake..."

Astin gains 3 Will, and 20 EXP!

Cressida #1 decides to be sneaky and take advantage of his friend's gutsy move! 21, 10!

"C-Curse you! I'm taking you down with me!"
Cressida #1 attacks!
Target: Velite (Hannah)
Weapon: Plasma Saber
Final Hit: 73
Final Crit: 23
Roll: 52,21
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 117! Goodness!

"Recalibrating, systems losing power, diverting to backup generators."

Hannah counters!
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Final Hit: 79
Final Crit: 17
Roll: 50,31
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 40

Hannah gains 3Will, and 20 EXP!

The hunter planes continue to move around the group's position!
"Can't believe they took down Roger from that range... move with caution!"
Hunter #2 flies to 25,13!

Hunter #2 attacks!
Target: Accensus (Brant)
Final Hit: 15
Roll: 76,21
Miss!

Brant counters!
Roll: 32,46
Hit!
No Crit.

Hunter #3 flies to 24,12!

Hunter #3 attacks!
Target: Heracles Custom (Elaine)
Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 91
Roll: 45,24
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 45

Elaine counters!
Weapon: Spread Missiles
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 85,20
Miss!

Elaine loses 1 Will!
Hunter #4 attacks!
Target: Heracles Custom (Elaine)
Weapon: Plasma Missiles
Final Hit: 91
Roll: 87,70
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 45

Elaine counters!
Weapon: Spread Missiles
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 32,10
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 54

Elaine gains 4 Will, and 30 EXP!

Hunter #5 flies to 24,14!

Hunter #5 attacks!
Target: Accensus (Brant)
Final Hit: 15
Roll: 24,22
Miss!

Brant counters!
Roll: 60,7
Hit!
No Crit.

Cressida #4 moves to 12,9!
Cressida #5 moves to 13,8!
Cressida #6 moves to 14,7!
Cressida #7 moves to 15,6!

The Hyperions stay put!

The Deimos stays put!

The battleship Chaldene also stays put! Hmm...

Player Phase / Turn 3

CQbqLD2.png

Victory Conditions:
Defeat All Enemies

Defeat Conditions:
Riese is destroyed / Any enemy makes it into the base

Battle Mastery:
Within 6 turns, defeat all 5 hunters, then defeat Fatima's Deimos

Enemy Stats

Edited by Nanami Touko

I'm a lame post stealer.

"Hannah to squad. I am done analyzing the new enemy mobile suits. Transmitting data to your consoles now
so that we may have a better chance of following their movements. Over and out."

Hannah casts Scan on Cressidas 1, 2 and 3.

The pilots were doing alright, all things considered, but the enemy was too close to the base, and the team was taking considerable damage. Aside from Nikolai, everyone's readings were within normal, or at least expected ranges. Well, almost everyone's; Hannah's vitals weren't displaying, naturally. As long as there weren't any direct injuries or suicidal protocols going into effect, Megumi only needed to keep an eye on things. As much as she wanted to check in with the idiot and make sure he was alright, the distraction might be enough to get him killed. Best to wait. Better yet, best to only radio that particular velite if absolutely necessary.

The outlier went down in flames, but rather than breaking formation, the hunters stayed on target for the base. The Riese team didn't go unanswered, however, as the hunters launched attacks of their own at Brant and Elaine. Brant stayed on course for intercept initially, shooting down both sets of anti air missiles with his two funnels before launching his own missiles. He hit both planes during the pass and banked at high speed to turn around and catch them. He gritted as the Accensus struggled to pull off the sudden turn. It wasn't as maneuverable as the types of planes he was used to flying with, but at least it was faster. "Come oooon ..."

Brant got the Accensus turned around and went after them. He was in the perfect position to shoot either of the two furthest planes. He took aim at the one closest to the base. If he could find the time, he'd take down the other one as well, but he was really hoping for more firepower from the rest of the team. They were close to wiping the hunters out completely, and that would just leave the mobile suits. "Oni One, here, locking onto plane number five!" And there was the lock. "Targeted and firing!" Several more anti air missiles screamed their way from the Accensus' hardpoints and chased down the locked hunter.

Brant moves to 22,13 and attacks Hunter #5 with AA missiles.

Brant strives to prove who's the aerial ace over these parts!

Brant attacks!
Target: Hunter #5
Roll: 82,23
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 66

Hunter #5 pretended to not explode for a bit, but actually he did. What a loser!

Brant gains 7 Will, 200 EXP, and 5 PP!
Edited by Xinnidy

"...Stealing my kill...Yeah. Yeah, I guess you could call it that." Elaine gave out a very annoyed sigh. "Just...keep it up or whatever." She said before closing communications with Hannah. Today was just not her day. From the clearly worse mobile suit that she had picked up, at least compared to the fast and dazzling beauty that was the Velite Mk III, to the peaceful stroll she was planning on taking in Colony One being interrupted by self-righteous terrorists. Of course, these were all small in comparison to the biggest regret from the day. Despite being unusually silent about the matter, Colony Two's fate was still fresh in her mind. Why wouldn't it be? It was her home, just as much as Italy! And to be told to just leave it to be raided, possibly destroyed...

Her inner thoughts didn't last long as she heard the zoom of thrusters come from overhead. The new planes known as Hunters were flying above her, and two of them spotted her. There was no time to prep her rifle, the missiles were already coming. Soon, her new white and silver bot was being pelted with plasma missiles from one of the Hunters that spotted her, and she raised her free arm, the one that held the plasma buckler, to shield herself. The damage was slight, but she couldn't afford to just stand around any longer, so she responded with her own missiles. Both flying planes scattered as they fired, and her projectiles just exploded harmlessly in the air as Elaine once again missed her target. The second hunter fired at her, but this time, Elaine was ready. Her propulsion systems sent her flying out from the forest, dodging whatever was thrown at the spot where she once sat. And now, she had a clear sight on the drone, and shot back accordingly. This time, she hit, and did plenty of visible damage to it.

Elaine turned the Heracles towards the other drone that had attacked her, planning to destroy it, first, when she caught something through the screen. A piloted mobile suit, off by their lonesome. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw how close it was to the base. And how far she was from it. How far away everyone was. And rather than drawing attention to it, her mind wandered back to that fateful day in August. And the failure, her failure, to not only stop those the one terrorist to get away with stolen tech, but the several lives she couldn't save. ...No. She was not going to fail, again. She was going to stop them. And she was going to make sure that they were dead! Elaine flew into a rage, her eyes still widened with anger, as she flew up higher, and took barely a second to aim before unleashing a barrage of missiles at whatever poor sap was stuck in that suit.

Elaine casts Valor, attacks Cressidia #3 with HMS-01 Spread Missiles

Edited by Dandragon