Target: Cressidia #3
Weapon: Spread Missiles
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 3
Roll: 100,62 Shoutouts to Kelsper
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 96

Cressidia #3 is out of range to counter!

Elaine gains 3 Will, and 30 EXP!
Edited by Xinnidy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astin couldn't help but grin as first the fist made a solid hit, even as they took a glancing blow in return, and then they dodged the second incoming attack. "Time to really test this thing out." The second weapon that had come pre-installed on the bot flipped out, revealing a long blade that started rapidly vibrating at a speed far too high for human eyes to see. They slashed into the attacking bot, nearly bisecting the enemy as they did, leaving it just barely operational. They were about to attack again when they spotted Elaine on their cameras targeting an enemy mech that had almost reached the base. "Well that won't do..." Turning the mech around, they rushed back and followed up the missiles with a vicious slash from their new blade.

Astin cast Gain, move to 17-13, SWORD the bot to death.

Gain used for 15 SP.

Steel swords can't cut steel beams, but plasma swords sure can!

Astin attacks!
Target: Cressida #3
Weapon: Proto Hybrid Sword
Final Hit: 99
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 47,39
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 100

"D-Damn... they got me..."
Cressida #3 is a goner!
Astin gains 7 Will, 300 EXP, and 8 PP!
Edited by Xinnidy

They had managed to hold the enemy from the base for the most part, the enemy mechs being stopped, aside from one that ignored their line entirely and darted past. Kim had been about to shoot them down, but quick intervention from Elaine and Astin made that unnecessary. With the other two mechs locked in combat, Kim turned her attention to the Eastern front, which seemed to have more enemies floating around, in the form of bomber planes.

"Not chance." Seung-Min muttered, as she closed in on the approaching aerial craft, deploying her rippers at the closest, using the Mk.III's gatlings to corral the plane into the shredder with ease.

Kim to 20,13, Activate Sense, attack Hunter 4 with TK Rippers

More firepower came, alright, though Brant sorely wished it hadn't been the MK.III. Reacting quickly, he had just enough time to reattach his funnels before he lost all control of them. "Terrific ..." he sighed. The squad hadn't been wiped out just yet, but Brant couldn't risk a counterattack in this state, so he started to ascend, again. "Just need a bit of distance ..." He thought back to the moment everything had gone silent, trying to gauge the approximate range of Christina's silencing effect.

Sense activates for 25 SP!

Kim puts that plane on a steep landing route!

Kim attacks!
Target: Hunter #4
Weapon: TK Rippers
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 79, 23
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 140
	It's dead, Jim.
Kim gains 7 Will, 200 EXP, and 5 PP!
Kim levels up!
+ 1 to shooting, accuracy, and avoid stats!
Kim learns Focus!
Edited by Xinnidy

Dwight carefully observed as battle was engaged rather quickly after the Riese reached the base. Though the battle seemed to mostly be going reasonably successful, one front of weakness for the ANF was clear- that Hannah had suffered severe damage. The least I can do is provide some assistance there. Approaching one of the computers, Dwight took a few moments to deploy remote shielding for the most damaged Vellite. "I've taken the liberty of providing you with some shielding, Hannah. It's no full repair, but they should hold up well enough that you can endure more attacks if it comes to it- hopefully this is just a precaution rather than a necessity," he spoke over coms.

Dight uses Trust on Hannah

It wasn't entirely clear why the entire enemy force had chosen to opt for his allies over himself, but it had put him in an optimal position to continue aiding Brant. Kim's Mk III was incredible to watch, the rippers' destructive ability was simply phenomenal. Was this really the power that she had within her? With the remains of the Hunter falling from the sky, Tarquin could see Brant's target, another viable enemy to remove from the battle. Brant had been relatively successful in softening it up for him, although he'd actually need to hit the target.

"Oni 1, this is Oni 3. Preparing to finish your tagged target." Tarquin announced, adjusting his aim and locking on to the damaged Hunter. "I commend your accuracy and evasive prowess." Most of the Hunter's squadron had been wiped out, which would hopefully give them some breathing room. Hannah and Nikolai had taken significant damage, and Astin had received a few scratches. There was also Elaine, but for some reason Tarquin didn't feel quite as concerned about her wellbeing as the others.

Tarquin activates Sense and attacks Hunter #2 with his Beam Rifle

-

Bill's intuition, or bintuition as he liked to call it, had been right on the mark. "Gotta earn my bikkies somehow, Doctor. Hopefully you've been laying off the cancer sticks, ash is harder to get out of a carpet than beans out of a burrito." he laughed, completely ignorant to any animosity between them. He couldn't blame her for it too much, it was probably stressful having to help other people with their woes as well as dealing with one's own. Bill barely had any of his own problems to deal with as it was!

"I'll be out of your hair before you can put a bell on a cow and call it Sally." Bill assured, not wanting to intrude too long, just long enough to get a glance at the carpets. "You probably get enough of an earbashing from everyone who pops over for a visit. I'm sure you give them a fair go though, it'd be nice to see a few people a little chirpier."

"Thank you, Dwight Turner. I apologize for making the interaction necessary."

Hannah's HP shoots up by 100, shoom

Meanwhile Tarquin is not a fan of new planes, popping sense.

Target: Hunter #2
Weapon: Beam Rifle
Final Crit: 8
Roll: 20,85
Hit!
No crit
Final Damage: 81

"I don't have the insurance for thi--!"

Flaming wreckage makes for good EXP
Tarquin gains +200 EXP, +5 PP, and +8 will!

Bintuition Buster

"Bikkies... I've really got to read a book on Australian slang, I can't understand a word you're saying sometimes... And I haven't been, but your rug cleaning isn't necessary this time. Been really careful around the ashtray. That's full, though, so feel free to clear it if you want." She shoved the small, ceramic dish towards the edge of her table, surprised by his next comment-- not the cow one.

"You'd think, but... I haven't really been getting many people coming to see me. Can't tell you who has, of course; have to be confidential... But I was expecting to see at least three or four people... Not just one. I've started to wonder why they wanted a a therapist on board, if no one's going to make use of them... Then again, if no one's coming to see me, that means they must have things all sorted. It's bad and good, if you get me."

Edited by Nanami Touko

Nikolai grunted as the enemy got a good hit in, causing the mechanical behemoth to rock violently. He rolled his eyes, his brows furrowing as the throbbing pain in his hindbrain slowly spread, intensifying as the mechanical device contracted around the tender, swollen tissue.

Instinctively, he pursued the enemy, filled with a strange, grim elation at the possibility of harming the person inside the metal armour as much as possible, making them pay for trying to take his life. His limbs were light, filled with electricity as he maneuvered his titanic killing machine in their general direction. A shudder of anticipation travelled down his spine as he drew a mechanical blade, ready to plunge it into whatever he could reach.

Dully, in a corner of his mind still struggling to retain control and not succumb to the pulsing heat in his limbic system, a voice carried on, Nassun Dorma, none shall sleep...

Perhaps the song was still exiting his lips, he did not know.

Niko casts focus, moves to (20,11) and uses the rapier on the unfortunate Cress 1 as Hannah supports incision knife
Also he probably keeps humming arias which is mildly off-putting. the boy is a mess.

The Boy is a mess.

"Provide Support, ... N-Nikolai."

Without a proper title, addressing someone is difficult!
Nikolai casts Focus!

Target: Cressida #1
Weapon: Plasma Rapier
Final Crit: 33
Roll: 93,12
Hit
Crit!
Crit Damage: 58
Cressida #1 counters!

Weapon: MT12 Machine gun
Final Hit: 20
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 84,98
Laugh miss!

"Initiating close combat, new parameters set."
Hannah supports!
Weapon: Incision Knife
Final hit: 94
Final Crit: 32
Roll: 54,82
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 46

"Stupid, a-aces..."
Cressida #1 ceases to function~

Nikolai gains +300 EXP, +4 will, +8 PP
Nikolai levels up! +Shoot, Accuracy, Defense
Hannah gains +75 EXP, +5 will, +8 PP

Hammer

"All engines, f-forwards towards the enemy battleship!"

"Captain--"

"No quarter for any terrorist forces!"

"Capt--"

"Main guns aimed and ready to--"

"CAPTAIN!"

Jess jumped, looking over at Tristan with a rather surprised face.

"We have enemy units that our squadron is having difficulty cleaning up. I would suggest we turn the main cannons towards keeping the base safe..." rather than where your emotions are driving this thing.

Jess took a moment to breathe, nodding. "Y-Yes, you're right. Give me, a-aiming control. Targeting the Hunter class aircraft..."

While he'd suggested this, he didn't expect a move like that. "Wha-- At such a small craft? Are you sure the missiles wouldn't be better, for..."

"It's fine... Just... Let me shoot."

Jess casts strike, aims main cannons at Hunter #3

Target: Hunter #3
Weapon: Dual Beam Cannons
Final Crit: 18
Roll: 24,88
Hit
no crit
Final damage: 174

"What's--"

Hunter #3 is vaporized!

Jess gains +300 EXP, +6 will, +5 PP
Jess levels up! +Skill, Accuracy, Shooting

"Wha..." Tristan stood dumbstruck, for a moment. No matter how emotional or scared Jess was, when push came to shove, she was able to perform things like this. It was... Incredibly odd. No matter how you looked at it.

"Th-There. Return heading towards enemy battleship..."

"A-Aye, ma'am." Just what sort of training do captains go through, to be able to wield a gun like that with such precision?

Edited by Nanami Touko

Despite a few rough patches, things were proceeding more or less apace. Spying an enemy straggler near the middle of their formation, Thorvald executed a bit of discretion and moved to hopefully remove the thorn from their side. Close range would be the best bet for this one, so he readied his beam sword and made the short charge from his current position to where he'd need to be to land a blow.

Thorvald moves to 22, 10, attacking Cressida 2 with Beam Sword

Swish, beam sword still good enough to cut through this metal!

Target: Cressida #2
Weapon: Beam Sword
Final Hit: 99
Final Crit: 20
Roll: 24,77
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 44

"L-Lieutenant Ver--!"

Thorvald gains +200 EXP, +8 PP, and +5 will!

Enemy Phase / Turn 3

"I didn't take them to be this strong. Second squadron, show me just how powerful the Riese is! Attack!"

All the remaining Cressida's move forwards to attack the Riese!

"Fatima, you, you hold for one more minute. Send your bodyguards along, but I want you to wait just a moment longer." There was a disgruntled sigh from the other end of the radio, but Fatima stayed her position.

All Cressidas open fire on the Riese with their machine guns!

Cressida #4 attacks!
Target: The Riese
Weapon: MT12 Machine Guns
Final Crit: 26
Roll: 36,20
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 74

"Incoming fire, n-no one panic! Return fire, main guns!"
Jess counters with the dual cannons!
Weapon: Dual Beam Cannons
Final Crit: 24
Roll: 53,78
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 132

"Wh-What kind of monster is this!?"

Jess gains +30 EXP, +2 will

Cressida #5 gets a bit closer to avoid main cannon retaliation!

Weapon: MT12 Machine Gun
Roll: 50,94
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 50

Jess counters again, with autocannons!
Weapon: Autocannons
Final Crit: 14
Roll: 7,28
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 24

"Main Shields, e-engage!"
"Aye aye, ma'am!"

Cressida #6 takes aim just the same!

Final Hit: 100
Roll: 20,95
Hit
No Crit
The Riese has activated its E-Field!
No damage!

Jessica counters with more autocannons!
Roll: 50,56
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 25

Jess gains 30 EXP, +2 will!

"A barrier!? I'm not having any part in that!"

Cressida #7 changes targets!
He opens fire on Hannah!

Target: Hannah's Velite
Final Hit: 52
Final Crit: 33
Roll: 34,86
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 75

Hannah Counters!
Weapon: Blast Shotgun
Final Hit: 73
Final Crit: 47
Roll: 57,7
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 75

Hannah gains +20 EXP, +3 will!

Player Phase / Turn 4

m0OmoOR.png

Victory Conditions:
Defeat all enemies

Defeat Conditions:
The Riese is destroyed / Any enemy makes it into the base

Battle Mastery:
Defeat all 5 hunters and then Fatima, by the end of turn 6 EP

Enemy Stats

Edited by Nanami Touko

Incoming ships and more behind. They'd focused heavily on the Riese, and while it didn't look like it had taken too much damage, they still needed to prevent more attacks if possible. Ignoring the more damaged robots, Astin raced around to the backs of the mechs and slashed at the nearest one, hopefully before they managed to respond.

Astin to 15-11, SUPER SWORD #5

Making for a very baffling U-turn, Astin certainly catches the Cressida pilot off-guard!

Astin attacks!
Target: Cressida #5
Weapon: Proto Hybrid Sword
Final Hit: 96
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 45,18
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 166!

"G-guh, what kind of unit is that?!"

Astin gains 7 Will, 150 EXP, and 8 PP!
Astin levels up!
Melee, avoid, and skill stats up by 1!
SP cap up by 3!

Edited by Xinnidy

She couldn't finish the guy off. Even with all the pent up anger she had, Elaine still left the enemy robot still standing, though only barely. She was glad that Astin was able to secure the kill and make sure he (or she) didn't get into the base, but it still ate at her to know that she basically had set up an enemy for others to take it down, if not outright miss them completely and need help. Was she still distracted? Was she off her game? Or was she just bad at piloting?

These questions would have to wait, however, as the remaining 'Cressida' units were coming towards the base, and attacking her comrades. Info on each of the mechs came up on screen, and she spotted one that would be easy to take out. However, doubt had already entered her mind, and she was hesitant to throw whatever she had at the enemy. With a deep breath, she swallowed her pride for but a moment. "Hannah! I need you to back me up on this one!"

Elaine to 19,10, attack Cressida #7 with Plasma Buckler, Hannah Offensive Support with Laser Gatling

Elaine sure wants to teach them a lesson!

Elaine attacks!
Target: Cressida #7
Weapon: Plasma Buckler
Final Hit: 81
Final Crit: 28
Roll: 21, 48
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 65

Cressida counters!
Final Hit: 62
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 68, 57
Miss!

"Acknowledged, Sergeant. Prepared to, as I have been informed, 'Kill steal'."
Hannah chimes in!
Weapon: Laser Gatling
Final Hit: 88
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 45, 5
Hit!
Crit!
Crit Damage: 82
Hannah came, Hannah waited, Hannah killstole!

Elaine gains 3 Will, and 200 EXP!
Hannah gains 5 Will, 75 EXP, and 8 PP!

Edited by Xinnidy

The initial wave had now been fully repulsed, and they could afford to play a little less defense, and a little more offense. Taking a cue from his fellow squad leader, Thorvald pushed beyond the line the enemy had formed, to strike from behind.

Thorvald moves to 17, 9 and attacks with Impact Gunlance.

"Let's keep beating them back. They didn't know what they were getting themselves into, here!"

That doomed hunter might not have gotten the chance to fight back, but that wasn't the case with the incoming cressidas. Nobody panic? The ship wasn't fairing too poorly, even after their concerted attacks, and the captain was exhibiting near model behavior. Near model, since overwhelming aggression wasn't ideal. Seeing Jessica holding her own under so much hostility was so bewildering to Megumi that the doctor couldn't even register the actual danger they were all in. What was it about social interaction that was so daunting compared to enemy mobile suits coming up on them like wolves? Maybe it was the simple fact that Jessica always had the biggest gun, and therefore the most potent rebuttals in the argument called battle. That was the best Megumi could come up with in the heat of the moment. She figured Cheryl would come to a similar conclusion, if not a more in depth one ...

There was Nikolai's strange feed, again. If it were anyone else, the doctor might have checked in on them by now ... "What is with him ...?" she murmured. As much as she hated the idea of examining Nikolai in person, the lunatic certainly warranted it. If something happened to him or the other pilots because of the doctor's own negligence, the hammer would inevitably come down on her. Megumi felt her whole body twist in disgust at both outcomes. The ship was struck hard at that very instant, letting her real concerns go completely unnoticed.

The remaining hunters were all downed in seconds, though there was always the chance they had been an effective distraction. Half the team was out of position, and the enemy cressidas were closing in from the southwest at quite the clip. Being furthest out, Brant decided to weigh his options as he made his way back across the southern perimeter of the base toward the skirmish. Pulling up the stats on his allies, he took note, though he didn't have to check there to notice some of the damage the team had suffered. After swiftly checking the ID on the damaged velite, Brant's eyes lit up.

"Hannah, it's Brant, do you need a hand? I'm too far out of position to attack, anyway." She was working especially hard to help them repel this attack ... just like the last time. Bless her circuits.

"Assistance accepted and appreciated, Lieutenant Abrams. Apologies for causing disruption on the battlefield."

Brant smirked. Apologies? Bless her circuits twofold. "Hannah, apologize to the enemy for ruining their plans; you're doing right by us." He was already on his way over, readying the repair module and locking onto Hannah's damaged velite. "It won't be much, but it's a start," Brant said, activating the module as soon as he was in range.

Brant moves to 21,10 and uses the Repair Module on Hannah's Velite.

Edited by Phoenix

Brant is a machine medic.
Hannah's Velite gains 27 HP back!
Brant gains 50 EXP!

Let's sandwich a mech against a fat mech and a battleship!

Thorvald attacks!
Target: Cressida #6
Weapon: Impact Gunlance
Final Hit: 89
Final Crit: 10
Roll: 42,83
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 65

Cressida #6 counters!
Weapon: Plasma Saber
Final Hit: 84
Final Crit: 15
Roll: 95, 55
Miss!

Thorvald gains 2 Will, and 30 EXP!

Edited by Xinnidy

They had managed to finish off all of the first wave of Apotheosis mecha, with the second wave incoming fast... and making the odd decision to engage the Heion Riese directly. After the first of them received a hefty retaliation from the battleship's Beam cannons, the others opted to avoid engaging in their fire range, for good reason. They had mopped this group up fairly quickly, with only two units remaining, one of which had been heavily damaged by it's altercation with the Riese.

"Trojan Horse, this Oni-2. Request suppress fire on Cressida Unit 6!" Kim called out over the comms to the Riese, as the Mk.III began to move towards the target.

"Huhwha?" Jess hadn't expected a direct request from any of the pilots out there, so as much as she wished to push the ship past the oncoming forces and towards Vera, she bit her lip and relented. "A-Anti air gunners, aim down ninety degrees, f-fire all barrels!"

Jess sits still and fires!

Weapon: Autocannons
Final Hit: 68
Roll: 34,98
Hit
No Crit
Damage: 25

Cressida Counters with its plasma sword!
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 87,100
Hit
No crit (lol)
The Riese activates its shields!
Damage: 2

As the Riese showered the Cressida in suppressing fire, the Mk.III rushed in towards the Apotheosis machine, deftly weaving through the volleys coming from the battleship's anti-air guns as it's heated gauntlet began to glow, the advanced Velite model's hand crushing through the armoured plate of the Cressida's main chassis with ease, the pulse cannon revving to life with a daunting glow as it fired through the Cressida's cockpit, completely disintegrating the inner workings of the machine, along with it's pilot.

"Thank support, Trojan Horse." Kim radioed to the Captain, as the Mk.III flew through the now-empty space where the Cressida used to be, it's limbs and head sparking and falling away as the main body of the mech was vaporized by the Mk.III's pulse cannon.

Kim to 18,10, attack Cressida 6 with Pulse Palm Cannon

Edited by Ether

Kim's getting incredibly used to her new ride. And it doesn't even have all its bells and whistles!

Weapon: Pulse Palm Cannon
Crit: 43
Roll: 90,25
Hit
Crit!
Final Crit Damage: 118

*Radio Static*

Kim gains +150 EXP, +7 Will, +8 PP!

Apology Offered?

Hannah paused again, pondering what Brant meant by what he said. It took her a moment, her radio crackling back into his cockpit.

"A query, Lieutenant. Should I attempt contact with the enemy and offer them apologies for
destroying them? I am unsure how literal you wish for me to be with your statement."

Would that make their passing easier or more comfortable? It was a situation she didn't quite understand.

Quiet Space

The sounds of battle were rather dull, inside the cockpit. Whatever insulation they used for sound in these things, it was helping Christina concentrate. Kim was still feeling confident, composed, and even happy. That must've meant the battle was going well, and that let Chrissy stay calm. With a sigh, she kept her eyes closed, putting whatever song she could into her head to try and keep the dull noises of battle away from her. I don't know you, but I want you, all the more, for that...

Edited by Nanami Touko