Features That Would Make a Great Game Even Better

Fire Emblem Heroes, despite its nature as a mobile gacha game, manages to be a compelling FE-lite experience in its own right. That said, every game could be improved through a few clever changes. These are the features that I would personally love to see.

Innate Passives

Skill inheritance is a great feature, but it also makes units into glorified stat sticks, unless they have a divine weapon. This suggestion would help preserve some level of unit identity.

• Each unit would have 1 unique passive skill, which would appear in slot 1.
  • This skill is available at all rarities and comes with a single rank, which is already available to that unit.
  • This skill cannot be inherited.
  • This skill would have a letter I (for Innate) on display. 

See Online Friends & Daily Duels

This feature would help to improve community interaction, make the friend's list meaningful, and allow players to have direct pvp matches. 

• Challenge friends of your choosing to duels in real time.
  • Both players must agree to the duel.
  • Uses each player's defense (leftmost) team. 
  • Closing the game client counts as a surrender.
  • There is a 2 minute time limit on each turn, to prevent stalling. 
  • Costs 1 dueling sword.
  • The winner receives 50 feathers.
  • This would have to come with a feature to see the online/offline status of your friends.

Unlock Potential - 5 Star +

The current merge ally system clearly exists to make duplicate heroes desirable, but it's tuned to be too difficult to max out certain units. Namely, rare 5-star only units are nearly impossible to max out, More importantly, we need a way to raise the merge level of grand hero battle units and the Askr trio by more than +1. A feature to unlock potential of 5 star units with a high cost would be a good compromise.

• Adds the feature to unlock the potential of a 5 star unit, raising their merge level by 1.
  • Costs 300 great badges of their color, plus 20,000 feathers. 
  • Shares the same properties as merge ally stat bonuses, including a cap of +10 merges/unlock potentials.
  • Does not reset level or cause any loss of skills. 

Daily Challenge - Dungeons

Gives players a difficult daily challenge. 

• 5 star lunatic difficulty.
  • Can be successfully completed once per day.
  • Costs 25 stamina.
  • Light's Blessing cannot be used.
  • If the player is victorious, they are rewarded 1 orb, 100 feathers, and some universal shards & crystals.
  • Each daily dungeon has a small selection of randomly selected bonus heroes. If the map is completed with one of these heroes, the player receives an additional 100 feathers.

Weekly Challenge - Raids

The ultimate form of PvE content.

• 5 star lunatic difficulty.
  • Consists of 3 maps, back to back.
  • All 3 maps must be beaten in a single playthrough, but allies are revived with full hp after each battle.
  • Can be successfully completed once per week.
  • Light's Blessing cannot be used.
  • Costs 25 stamina.
  • If the player is victorious, they are rewarded 5 orbs, 500 feathers, a considerable quantity of universal shards & crystals, and a random Sacred Seal.
  • Each weekly dungeon has a small selection of randomly selected bonus heroes. If the map is completed with one of these heroes, the player receives an additional 500 feathers.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

See Online Friends & Daily Duels

This feature would help to improve community interaction, make the friend's list meaningful, and allow players to have direct pvp matches. 

• Challenge friends of your choosing to duels in real time.
  • Both players must agree to the duel.
  • Uses each player's defense (leftmost) team. 
  • Closing the game client counts as a surrender.
  • There is a 2 minute time limit on each turn, to prevent stalling. 
  • Costs 1 dueling sword.
  • The winner receives 50 feathers.
  • This would have to come with a feature to see the online/offline status of your friends.

So basically, "Get your arena streak for the week, then set up free wins with friends each day".  Seems like a lot of work and hassle when you could just ask to convert duel swords into 50 feathers, since that's all it'd do.

I appreciate the ideas, though I do somewhat question the viability of adding most of these to some degree, sadly ;; 

Innate Passives - not a terrible idea but I do think it's too late to implement something like this in the game. I'm disappointed by Skill Inheritance turning people into stat sticks too, but I don't see them doing something like this given how the game's progressed so far.

PVP duels - I don't think Heroes is the kind of game that can handle real-time PVP like this, or if it can, that it's the kind of game that it works for. And as Ginrei pointed out, the system could be pretty abusable for feathers, especially with alt accounts on multiple devices. What I WOULD like to maybe see implemented is the ability to see/battle friends' arena teams, much like how Fates did it; I don't think feathers would be a viable reward, but maybe they can offer some kind of consistent daily reward, like 1-5 of the big crests or 100 crystals or something along those lines-- enough to make it differentiated from Training Tower missions, ideally-- or for the reward to be scaled to the difficulty of the team being fought. Whatever the case, the option to freely fight any friend's arena team for lower stakes would be fun, I think. 

Unlock Potential - I mean... I guess....?? Having such a high crest cost seems kind of counterintuitive for both free and whale players, and I know you're trying to mitigate the fact that crests are kind of useless right now in addition to giving F2P players a better chance to *+ but I'm not sure this is the right answer to that issue, or that doing that is necessarily something that F2P players should need to do...? Could possibly be implemented in some other way but I somewhat question the need.

Dungeons/Raids - couple issues here to me basically, all of which basically tantamount to I don't see what this adds that a combination of Quests and Training Tower missions don't already add, except the commitment to 3 maps back-to-back... Apart from that, it'd basically be a more consistent version of how quests work, but I think they change that up a lot deliberately, so I wouldn't really expect to see anything like this either unfortunately...

I'll tell you what I WOULD like to see, which is a feather exchange system for the inventory, lol. Being able to trade non-orb inventory items for feathers would mitigate a lot of this game's feather issues IMO...

I agree with Ginrei. On the other hand I would love the daily and weekly challenge.

I think it would be nice to get some rewards for levelling to 40 each hero ( preference for feathers). It's a feature that other gacha games already have.