• Mage
    • Pegasus Knight
  2. 2. Faye's best class is...

• Cavalier
    • Cleric
    • Mage
    • Pegasus Knight

5 hours ago, B.Leu said:

If we're speaking Echoes-wise, it seems like a waste making her an Archer.

She can't be an Archer to begin with. That was just a Heroes thing.

Not sure yet myself what I will turn her into. Either Mage or Cleric though. She seems like she would really underperform in her other 2 roles considering how many better options there are, especially for the Pegasus Knights.

In all honesty, I dont know just how much I will actually use her. Going to wait to see how she turns out.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

She can't be an Archer to begin with. That was just a Heroes thing.

Oh yeah forgot about that, huh. Weird.
... I have to stop confounding both names. :/

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Do thousands upon thousands of horny fans count? I mean, they've got inferior tastes in that case, seeing as Catria's in the game, but still, they exist.

i herd u talkin smack about our wonderful lady celica

Cleric Faye is the best by far. Physic is amazing on her since Faye has a pretty good Atk growth (~15 tiles of Physic at the start of chapter 3, so basically infinite), and Warp + Rescue combo with Slique is quite dumb lol. Faye stays in her Villager dress as a Cleric too, so I'd be fine with that being her canon class. She'd want to stick close to Alm and support him anyway.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

Do thousands upon thousands of horny fans count? I mean, they've got inferior tastes in that case, seeing as Catria's in the game, but still, they exist.

Would you look at that, a man with his priorities straight.

Anyways, I'm probably going to go with Cleric now for the first run. I don't know how I'll feel about having three clerics and one Pegasus Knight, but Celica's is the other way around without a choice.

In my current playthrough on Hard, Faye is easily my best unit as a Mage. Absolutely unstoppable, however I did get a couple lucky Defense levels, but she's sitting at a beautiful 19 Power just after the second Desaix fight.

For me, Cleric is optimal for both the unique Rescue and Again spells, although I do think Again is underwhelming. It's especially helpful if you're attempting killing Desaix in Chapter 1.

And that Cipher card plus the mass amount of footage her as a Pegasus Knight convinces me it's her canon class.

Edited by Emerson

• 1 month later...

Faye is pretty good as either a Pegasus Knight or a Cleric.  When I use her as a Cleric sometimes I forget to use Silque.

Currently right now in my run Faye is Pegasus Knight and she 12 attack and I just recruited Clair.

Edited by MeddlingMage

Considering how much she references killing enemies in her supports I'd go with something other than cleric for canon class.

Edited by Jotari

On 2017-4-25 at 8:01 PM, VincentASM said:

I ran with Pegasus Knight since it was closest to canon for me, but I kinda regret it. Clair does the job better IMO and I really wanted Again at times.

I turned her a Cleric for the Again move, but it was Physic that convinced me that I had made the right choice.

On 2017-4-26 at 3:15 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

i herd u talkin smack about our wonderful lady celica

Cleric Faye is the best by far. Physic is amazing on her since Faye has a pretty good Atk growth (~15 tiles of Physic at the start of chapter 3, so basically infinite), and Warp + Rescue combo with Slique is quite dumb lol. Faye stays in her Villager dress as a Cleric too, so I'd be fine with that being her canon class. She'd want to stick close to Alm and support him anyway.

This. The Warp+Rescue was critical when fighting Nuibaba (I should have thought of it before I did anyway), since Alm took down the Fortify spellcasters, the summoner and Nuibaba herself with Double Lion before they knew what was going on, and they couldn't retaliate. And then, since both Slique and Faye were Saints, they'd passively healed each other and Alm at the start of the turn.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Considering how much she references killing enemies in her supports I'd go with something other than cleric for canon class.

You got a point there, not that Fire Emblem hasn't had it's share of psico-healers (I remember someone talking about using a staff as a club in a support conversation)... And Faye gets an offensive spell to start.

I don't know if there are any hints alluding to a "canon" class for Faye. At least with the other villagers there are small hints, like the scorch marks on your house that Kliff made, or the arrows Tobin shot by the entrance, or the slash marks Gray made on the fence, also by the entrance.

In any case, I find it funny how people had a problem with her as a Pegasus Knight, as she was MUCH better than Clair in my playthrough. Maybe Clair just got RNG screwed, but I'm glad I had Faye as a Pegasus Knight, seeing as Clair really wasn't great for me. As for her canonical class, I would have guessed at Cleric if it wasn't for the fact that you more or less instantly get a Cleric in your party, so I felt inclined to make her a Pegasus Knight, for variety, since Faye didn't really give me Cavalier vibes.

I'd say her "canon" class would either be Pegasus Knight or Cavalier. Pegasus Knight because that is what she's depicted as in her Cipher art, and Cavalier because that's what she's depicted as in the various trailers for Echoes.

Anyways, would Faye be any good as a Cavalier after gaining levels as a Pegasus Knight? I'm thinking of whether or not I should use a Villager's Fork on her.

I ran with Cavalier. Pegasus didn't seem canon, since there's no indication at all that the kids of Ram had any access to Pegasi. Horses are far more likely, they're kind of ubiquitous. She could also be cleric or mage, too, though I at least rule out Cleric as canon since her conversations with Alm include excitedly boasting of killing his enemies for him. Yes, Cleric's get Nosferatu, but if that was her focus, her focus story-wise would most likely be on healing Alm, not slaying people in his name. And since Kliff's canonically a mage, I went with Cavalier. But who knows? It's possible there isn't even a canon class for her (and that her not having a canon class would be the point).

On 25/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, Thane said:

Do thousands upon thousands of horny fans count? I mean, they've got inferior tastes in that case, seeing as Pala's in the game, but still, they exist.

I fixed your post for you.

is Marth's wife in this game?

I thought her canon class was Archer until I played SoV, so... yeah, she has an extra skill as Cleric, so I suppose it is the closest thing to a canon class. I like her as a Pegasus Knight too (I didn't expect to get another and she turned out to be a glass cannon in my run).

I'm torn regarding her best class. Cleric Faye has a ton of kickass spells, but she makes an absolutely amazing cavalier in a game where most of the cavaliers you get for a while are pretty lame. If you want a strong and durable high-mov unit, she's just about the only option you get for a long, long time. Clive's pretty lame and Mathilda's pretty squishy for her level. Faye's strength and defense growths are great, especially when not nerfed by reclassing to cleric, and thus as a cavalier she makes for a powerful, highly mobile tank, even if she's a bit slow (her growth isn't bad though so she gets better).

• 2 years later...
On 4/15/2017 at 2:33 AM, Ennui said:

Idk why people think Faye and the other villagers have "canon" class routes.

Actually, the game itself gives hints as to what classes they should be.

1. If you inspect the burn marks on Mycen's house, Alm comments that Kliff made them

2. If you inspect the arrow at the gate of the village, Alm comments that it was Tobin doing this during target practice

3. If you inspect the bashed up fence, Alm comments that it was trashed when Gray and Alm were training with Swords

I could not find a Faye reference - I looked pretty hard.