Effie's voice is god awful

Junkhead

Like, you get used to it eventually, but that's just kind of worse. You see her as this gorgeous lady in armour and then you die a little after hearing it.

Just realised that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow. She's legit as fuck. Her voice is a little too girly, but it's still miles better. 

Not sure how I got to A-support her, but I'm scared. 

Just now, Soul~! said:

Wow. She's legit as fuck. Her voice is a little too girly, but it's still miles better. 

Not sure how I got to A-support her, but I'm scared. 

I could never really deal with English Effie. The personality change is the biggest turn-off, and her English voice turns her from beautiful girl to beefcakes. I was a little bit sad.

Perhaps you find yourself attracted. Hue.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks so.  As much as I like Marisha Ray and her talent, her voice doesn't suit Effie in my opinion especially since I heard Effie's voice from way back before Fates was released for NA.

My first five star in Heroes: "Who to crush?"

And then I watched SatsumaFSoysoys's video on the differences.

...Effie definitely dropped something on the way here. Besides a couple of octaves on her voice.

I'm not one to judge something I'm not too sure on that harshly, but I can say that obsession with food (Heroes confession), muscles (Fates confession) and hyper-masculinity (voiced portrayal) isn't exactly something I personally like in the first place.

She was definitely changed a lot from the Japanese version.

From what I understand, Japanese Elfie was a soft girl who had superhuman strength, a voracious appetite, and was very dedicated to Elise. English Effie is all about working out and weightlifting, along with her dedication to Elise. She has all these weightlifting references in her battle, level up, and death quotes ("I'll spot you","I'm maxed out","all that protein is paying off".) She didn't have that in the Japanese version from what I've looked at. The English localization changed her character significantly, from little girl with super strength to a musclehead. It's not just her voice (which sounds very off in the English version, at least to me), but a lot of her quotes as well.

I don't like what the localization did to her - it changed too much of her character, and her voice just doesn't fit her appearance.

I like Effie's voice.  I'm a bit tired of all the girls' voices being high pitched and same-y.  It's nice to have some variety.

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Okay the Japanese voice seems much better, but I actually really like Effie's voice, I didn't realize people really didn't like it, I don't see what's wrong with it? It's one of my favorite voices in the game.

4 hours ago, XaosLogos said:

She was definitely changed a lot from the Japanese version.

From what I understand, Japanese Elfie was a soft girl who had superhuman strength, a voracious appetite, and was very dedicated to Elise. English Effie is all about working out and weightlifting, along with her dedication to Elise. She has all these weightlifting references in her battle, level up, and death quotes ("I'll spot you","I'm maxed out","all that protein is paying off".) She didn't have that in the Japanese version from what I've looked at. The English localization changed her character significantly, from little girl with super strength to a musclehead. It's not just her voice (which sounds very off in the English version, at least to me), but a lot of her quotes as well.

I don't like what the localization did to her - it changed too much of her character, and her voice just doesn't fit her appearance.

Outside of the gimmickification of battle quotes and proposal line (which is par for the course, especially going back to Awakening) Effie's pretty much the same in both.
People are way too hung up over the voice.

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I think her Japanese voice doesn't fit her at all. Her English voice is MILES BETTER.

Yeah, if you played me that voice, and asked me to say which character it was, Effie would have been the last one I guessed.  Why does every female have to have a dainty little voice?  Females have a broader range than that.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Right.

"Effie"

Fricking recent names.

I thought for a second Soul meant "Effie" as in "Faye".

I understand they change names sometimes, but I wish they'd stray away from names that have already been used for others.

It seems like half of Gaiden has had names scavenged out of it.  Effie, Kamui, Robin, Leo.  Did I miss any?

Just now, Rezzy said:

It seems like half of Gaiden has had names scavenged out of it.  Effie, Kamui, Robin, Leo.  Did I miss any?

I think there's some villains: Jerome (now it's Jerowm?), Sonya, and Garcia.