I never realized how unpopular my opinions generally are...

Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't proofreading for things like spelling and punctuation though? Or is it for more than that?

Because you asked a question. lol (And asking questions is good. XD)

Proofreading is usually for grammar, punctuation, and other errors. I generally use it to include things like word choice, sentence structure, etc. Just marking errors or things that are unclear/can be improved on. When I ask someone to read over a story/chapter, I ask them to proofread and look for things that I might not catch on my own like plot holes. And then I use the term "editing" for the act of actually fixing stuff. When I say "proofreader," I mean someone to look over things for you. "Editor" may be more accurate if you want someone to dissect and rewrite your posts...and I may use these terms incorrectly. But it makes sense in my head.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Because you asked a question. lol (And asking questions is good. XD)

Proofreading is usually for grammar, punctuation, and other errors. I generally use it to include things like word choice, sentence structure, etc. Just marking errors or things that are unclear/can be improved on. When I ask someone to read over a story/chapter, I ask them to proofread and look for things that I might not catch on my own like plot holes. And then I use the term "editing" for the act of actually fixing stuff. When I say "proofreader," I mean someone to look over things for you. "Editor" may be more accurate if you want someone to dissect and rewrite your posts...and I may use these terms incorrectly. But it makes sense in my head.

Alrighty, I was just wondering. Editor does sound a bit more accurate to the current situation though, yeah.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was also thinking of writing down words and phrases that would be most appropriate to use in many situations.

Hi ana :)

Look, I don't usually post outside the heroes thread, but I wanted to say something to this.

While Rafiel's Aria idea of getting an editor is a great suggestion, I want to point out one thing. Sometimes the words "most appropriate to use" are no words at all. You do not need to respond to anyone on this forum at all. If it gets too hot, just walk away. If someone makes you mad, you don't need to say anything! No one is forcing you to click "submit reply". And if something is really bothering you, and you feel that it is 100%, absolutely, necessary to respond, then you should see what are the best words to use.

Also, if something is making you downright angry, there are many other things you can do! Sometimes I just punch the object nearest to me. You can talk to any of your friends, take a walk, drink some alcohol, and my personal favorite (don't ask why) writing an angry letter and throwing it away (which I find very effective)!

Typically if I disagree with someone, I lace everything I say with playful jokes to make sure I don't sound like an ignorant snob (and/or moron). Maybe you should try to be more funny? Works for me anyway heh.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Hi ana :)

Look, I don't usually post outside the heroes thread, but I wanted to say something to this.

While Rafiel's Aria idea of getting an editor is a great suggestion, I want to point out one thing. Sometimes the words "most appropriate to use" are no words at all. You do not need to respond to anyone on this forum at all. If it gets too hot, just walk away. If someone makes you mad, you don't need to say anything! No one is forcing you to click "submit reply". And if something is really bothering you, and you feel that it is 100%, absolutely, necessary to respond, then you should see what are the best words to use.

Also, if something is making you downright angry, there are many other things you can do! Sometimes I just punch the object nearest to me. You can talk to any of your friends, take a walk, drink some alcohol, and my personal favorite (don't ask why) writing an angry letter and throwing it away (which I find very effective)!

Typically if I disagree with someone, I lace everything I say with playful jokes to make sure I don't sound like an ignorant snob (and/or moron). Maybe you should try to be more funny? Works for me anyway heh.

Believe me, I love the idea of just walking away when things get too heated. But every time I do that, I'm told that this is just silently admitting defeat, that the antagonizer won. And I don't want to let the person antagonizing me win. I was always taught that you have to be the bigger, more mature person and stand up for yourself, not let the "bully" win.

But maybe I simply shouldn't listen to those saying that simply walking away is just admitting defeat...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Believe me, I love the idea of just walking away when things get too heated. But every time I do that, I'm told that this is just silently admitting defeat, that the antagonizer won. And I don't want to let the person antagonizing me win. I was always taught that you have to be the bigger, more mature person and stand up for yourself, not let the "bully" win.

But maybe I simply shouldn't listen to those saying that simply walking away is just admitting defeat...

Sometimes you need to let it go. Eventually people will see who the true "moron" is heh.

Besides, what makes you think you owe anyone here an answer? YOU DON'T! You need to realize that letting a random person on the internet get to you only makes you look foolish. Let the bully be the bully, the people will see who the true idiot is, and may even stand on your side!

Walking away makes you more mature than arguing like a child! Think of it this way, does walking away make you less of a 26 year old? No. Does replying to a random person on the internet with nothing but anger make you less of a 26 year old? 

Spoiler

Hint: The answer is yes :P

Just now, Arcanite said:

Sometimes you need to let it go. Eventually people will see who the true "moron" is heh.

Besides, what makes you think you owe anyone here an answer? YOU DON'T! You need to realize that letting a random person on the internet get to you only makes you look foolish. Let the bully be the bully, the people will see who the true idiot is, and may even stand on your side!

Walking away makes you more mature than arguing like a child! Think of it this way, does walking away make you less of a 26 year old? No. Does replying to a random person on the internet with nothing but anger make you less of a 26 year old? 

Reveal hidden contents

Hint: The answer is yes :P

See, those are very good points that I agree with. It just seems that some others don't. But I'll still do what you're saying here then, if it's really the best solution.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If your concern is to "win" an argument, you've already lost.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously? Some Ike fans acted like that? That's pretty despicable and they should be ashamed to even call themselves true fans of his then. I would absolutely never act like that or ever say that my headcanons are the only correct ones or that your interpretation is wrong. Besides, I like hearing about different headcanons and different ideas. It expands my horizons a little.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I try to ignore people like that, but still.

Hm, yeah, that does sound like realistic kind of scenario there. And I guess a small part of why my opinion of Awakening (and to a lesser extent, Fates) deteriorated were the fanboys and fangirls who said only the new games matter and refused to play the older ones. And the ones who said Chrom and Lucina should replace Ike and Marth in Smash. The latter especially annoyed me. How can you cut two FE icons like them, one of them being the first lord and FACE of FE? And it's poor representation of the series if the only playable characters are from one game in it. But it was just a small part, I started disliking Awakening for other reasons too. I noticed lots of flaws in the story, characters and map design for the most part too. And it lacked some gameplay mechanics I loved in RD.

First off, I see you're invoking the no true scotsman fallacy. To be a true fan of Ike, you have to like him. There's literally zero other criteria for that.

secondly, are you really going to play that game that you hate chrom and lucina because fans didn't respect ike or radiant dawn enough because that's a little much

I used to be like this, but i got over it. you're like ten years older than me. 

4 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

First off, I see you're invoking the no true scotsman fallacy. To be a true fan of Ike, you have to like him. There's literally zero other criteria for that.

Um, if you're going to tell other Ike fans that their headcanons and interpretations of him are wrong though, maybe it isn't exactly HIM that you like, but only your own fantasy of him? Like, I can't stand Ike fans that absolutely insist that he's gay and can't possibly be any other sexuality. They only want a gay Ike, not the Ike we got whose sexuality is entirely unknown.

4 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

secondly, are you really going to play that game that you hate chrom and lucina because fans didn't respect ike or radiant dawn enough because that's a little much

What the fuck, I never said or implied this anywhere? I dislike Awakening for the plot holes, the main characters, and the lacking gameplay. NOTHING to do with anyone's opinions on Ike or RD. Get that out of here, please.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Um, if you're going to tell other Ike fans that their headcanons and interpretations of him are wrong though, maybe it isn't exactly HIM that you like, but only your own fantasy of him?

What the fuck, I never said or implied this anywhere? I dislike Awakening for the plot holes, the main characters, and the lacking gameplay. NOTHING to do with anyone's opinions on Ike or RD. Get that out of here, please.

I was pointing out your fallacy. Nothing more, nothing less. you can't just say that someone's a "true fan" like that regardless if what you're saying has merit.

Also, I see what you mean, but that isn't the cast @ Chrom and Lucina. You stated that you were annoyed that their fans were trying to get Marth and Ike cut for them first and foremost, and you're then saying that you were annoyed they pretended the older games don't matter.

1. You don't seem to care to play FE6 or the Kaga games, so you technically fall under the definition of "not caring about the older games."

2. No one actually thought that Ike or Marth was getting cut, yet you seem to be caught up on it. I mean, Pokémon fans constantly argue about Pokémon that should be cut, but Jigglypuff fans aren't blaming Greninja fans because Greninja fans would rather have Greninja. That's not how it works.

I personally despise Ike, but it's definitely not due to anything you said. What you say about Ike definitely doesn't help, but masculine things are always worse than femme things. That's why Micaiah, Leif, and Celica are my favorite Lords.

7 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

I was pointing out your fallacy. Nothing more, nothing less. you can't just say that someone's a "true fan" like that regardless if what you're saying has merit.

Also, I see what you mean, but that isn't the cast @ Chrom and Lucina. You stated that you were annoyed that their fans were trying to get Marth and Ike cut for them first and foremost, and you're then saying that you were annoyed they pretended the older games don't matter.

1. You don't seem to care to play FE6 or the Kaga games, so you technically fall under the definition of "not caring about the older games."

2. No one actually thought that Ike or Marth was getting cut, yet you seem to be caught up on it. I mean, Pokémon fans constantly argue about Pokémon that should be cut, but Jigglypuff fans aren't blaming Greninja fans because Greninja fans would rather have Greninja. That's not how it works.

I personally despise Ike, but it's definitely not due to anything you said. What you say about Ike definitely doesn't help, but masculine things are always worse than femme things. That's why Micaiah, Leif, and Celica are my favorite Lords.

1. WRONG. So very wrong. FE6 is the only one I'm not interested in. I'm DEFINITELY interested in FE4 and 5, and hell I even mentioned that in this thread earlier! Also, PoR and RD count as "older titles" in this case since they came out TEN YEARS AGO.

2. Yes, plenty of people expected Ike to be cut for Chrom because of what happened to Roy in Brawl. I saw plenty of speculative rosters and posts being posted everywhere that included Chrom, but not Ike. Even on SF some people thought Ike wasn't a guarantee at all. There weren't as many people saying Marth would be cut for Lucina, but I definitely saw a few, mainly on Miiverse.

...and...WHAT? Masculine things are always worse than feminine things? What a fucking sexist and messed up thing to say. I'm into a few feminine things like unicorns and stuff, but I like a lot of masculine things too and so do others here, so what you're saying is offensive. And I thought I had to watch what I said. Wow.

EDIT: You know what? This is a good time now to do that walking away thing.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...You must believe in an entirely different definition of immature then, because I don't think anything I've done lately is immature. Also, you're starting to flame me. Please stop.

You're the one who doesn't want to admit that your actions were immature. In that thread where we were talking about accents, you could've just said "I seriously hope you're joking, Sunwoo". Instead, you chose to draw out an obnoxious laugh at me. That's what made you immature.

And that review on FFN was YEARS ago. You can't possibly think I'm the same person I was back then. And if you can't forgive something that little and something that happened THAT long ago, you are immature. By the way, that review was more than blunt, it was downright rude. But you don't see me saying I haven't forgiven you for it, because it happened forever ago. I've moved on and gotten over it. You need to get over it too.

It was two years ago, and you are still the same person you were back then. I would have forgiven you, but you have repeatedly shown me that you are the same person and that you lack empathy towards people you disagree with. Which is why I haven't forgiven you.

No matter what you say, I can think someone is immature or their actions are immature if I damn well want to.

Good, because then you're telling me that I can believe that you're an immature brat who lacks empathy if I want to. Fair play is fair play.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Good, because then you're telling me that I can believe that you're an immature brat who lacks empathy if I want to. Fair play is fair play.

Except this is outright flaming and uncalled for. I didn't specifically call you names like that, all I said was that it was immature to judge me for my past actions. And you want me to admit to when I was immature?

YES. Fine. YES, I was fucking immature two years ago then! Happy now? But that was TWO years ago! Other people can see that I'm different now, why can't you? I won't say I've killed my past issues entirely or that I don't still have problems once in awhile, as you're probably right, that obnnoxious laugh probably wasn't necessary. But one little immature action does not make me an immature person in general.

I still say you holding onto a dumb grudge against me for the past is immature, but I won't call you an immature brat/person for it.

And here, I walk away from you too. Heh, never thought doing that would feel so good.

I don't know why I never learn that you'll never learn. You're always the victim and no one else's perspective ever matters to you. Guess I'm just a bleeding heart, but it's about time that I accept that no matter what you say you really aren't going to change. You're not the one walking away from me, you never have been. I'm the one who wrote you off a long time ago and should've stuck to it.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. WRONG. So very wrong. FE6 is the only one I'm not interested in. I'm DEFINITELY interested in FE4 and 5, and hell I even mentioned that in this thread earlier! Also, PoR and RD count as "older titles" in this case since they came out TEN YEARS AGO.

2. Yes, plenty of people expected Ike to be cut for Chrom because of what happened to Roy in Brawl. I saw plenty of speculative rosters and posts being posted everywhere that included Chrom, but not Ike. Even on SF some people thought Ike wasn't a guarantee at all. There weren't as many people saying Marth would be cut for Lucina, but I definitely saw a few, mainly on Miiverse.

...and...WHAT? Masculine things are always worse than feminine things? What a fucking sexist and messed up thing to say. I'm into a few feminine things like unicorns and stuff, but I like a lot of masculine things too and so do others here, so what you're saying is offensive. And I thought I had to watch what I said. Wow.

EDIT: You know what? This is a good time now to do that walking away thing.

I won't cover the other stuff right now, but how is that sexist? I'm a dude, and i generally think that feminine things are superior 9 times out of 10. Feminine personality traits are overall more appealing to me as a person. I myself consider myself more femme-aligned in the first place. 

I think Arcanite touched on an important point when they said that sometimes the best thing is to not post. I used to get involved in quite a lot of internet debates because I thought it was important to defend my opinions. But at one point, I realized how pointless and a huge waste of time they really were. Often, I'd walk away from it feeling frustrated because neither my or my opposite's opinion had changed. The reality is that it can be pretty hard to change someone's opinion because they are often subjective.

And more than that, why should it matter what other people think of something? People can call Metroid Prime the worst game they ever played and praise Metroid Other M to high heavens. I might vehemently disagree with their opinion but what does it change for me and my opinions of those games? If their opinions is formulated in an intelligent manner, then engaging in a discussion might be productive as a way of getting a new perspective, but more often then not it would just be a gigantic waste of my time and I have better things to do than that.

If something really gets me, I'll sometime write a response and then delete it without ever posting it. Sure, I did waste a bit of my time doing it, but it allowed me to vent and organize my thoughts and I can then go on my merry way.

Discussions between parties with differing opinions can be engaging and worthwhile, but only if both parties are willing to treat the each other and their opinion with respect. Getting too gripped by your emotions and your vehemence will quickly make the discussion spiral into a heated argument. 

9 minutes ago, Veronica Sawyer said:

I won't cover the other stuff right now, but how is that sexist? I'm a dude, and i generally think that feminine things are superior 9 times out of 10. Feminine personality traits are overall more appealing to me as a person. I myself consider myself more femme-aligned in the first place. 

It's sexist because you worded it as if it was objective fact. It's fine to prefer femininity on a personal level, but it's sexist to say that it's inherently better on a more objective level. Neither are inherently better than the other. 

This is also speaking as a woman who leans very heavily towards things and aspects society considers masculine.

Anyway on topic, I guess I don't have much new to say, but everything listed in the OP is for subjective things and harmless stuff. I do feel you occasionally get a bit too excited and become (perhaps unintentionally) pushy about your opinions, which is what people tend to get annoyed about than actually liking things they don't like. But liking things that aren't popular by itself? No problem. We are people and people are different and we have different tastes. Imagine if everyone had the same tastes? That would be boring.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

It's sexist because you worded it as if it was objective fact. It's fine to prefer femininity on a personal level, but it's sexist to say that it's inherently better on a more objective level. Neither are inherently better than the other. 

This is also speaking as a woman who leans very heavily towards things and aspects society considers masculine.

Anyway on topic, I guess I don't have much new to say, but everything listed in the OP is for subjective things and harmless stuff. I do feel you occasionally get a bit too excited and become (perhaps unintentionally) pushy about your opinions, which is what people tend to get annoyed about than actually liking things they don't like. But liking things that aren't popular by itself? No problem. We are people and people are different and we have different tastes. Imagine if everyone had the same tastes? That would be boring.

That wasn't my intention @ forcing it on other people. I forgot to add me saying that was how i feel, because i agree that it isn't an objective fact or anything.

11 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I think Arcanite touched on an important point when they said that sometimes the best thing is to not post. I used to get involved in quite a lot of internet debates because I thought it was important to defend my opinions. But at one point, I realized how pointless and a huge waste of time they really were. Often, I'd walk away from it feeling frustrated because neither my or my opposite's opinion had changed. The reality is that it can be pretty hard to change someone's opinion because they are often subjective.

And more than that, why should it matter what other people think of something? People can call Metroid Prime the worst game they ever played and praise Metroid Other M to high heavens. I might vehemently disagree with their opinion but what does it change for me and my opinions of those games? If their opinions is formulated in an intelligent manner, then engaging in a discussion might be productive as a way of getting a new perspective, but more often then not it would just be a gigantic waste of my time and I have better things to do than that.

Yeah, I definitely learned about the walking away and not posting idea just now, that's for sure. Like I said, never did it feel so good before. :)

True, I always try not to let what others think get to me. It was only when a LOT of people disagreed that it felt like a problem. I guess I just have to not worry about that either.

If something really gets me, I'll sometime write a response and then delete it without ever posting it. Sure, I did waste a bit of my time doing it, but it allowed me to vent and organize my thoughts and I can then go on my merry way.

I actually do this sometimes myself. I guess I ought to do it a bit more often to get the anger and venting urge out of my system.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

You may be right, yeah... I don't mean to be pushy or too excited, but I can definitely see that in some of my past posts. Like when I was ecstatic about Ike's Smash Wii U/3DS reveal. It was exactly what I wanted, my favorite video game character in RD Ike in full Smash glory, but I probably did get too excited. xP Less caps would probably help, I reckon.

Just to give my 2 cents on unpopular opinion I have, since we all have some.

My best friend loves Tharja, I don't exactly see her appeal and I don't really care for her as a character.  I've even discussed it with him and he told me that some guys, not all, would like to have someone that's generally kind of obsessed with them (yandere-like qualities if you will).  Even with that explanation, I didn't understand the appeal to which my best friend hilariously said, "You understand what normal is!"

In my IRL group of buddies, I'm the biggest FE fan and so when I express why I like Ike, others don't understand.  It doesn't bother me, but I'm the one that really likes Ike while other friends would really like Lucina, Corrin, Chrom, Camilla, Marth, etc.

I don't mind and play through Lyn-mode in FE7 every time I play it.  Many are not fans of Lyn-mode, but I personally found it to be an interesting mini-story that kind of gives Lyn more of a presence because otherwise her showing up later in Eliwood or Hector's story kind of seems misplaced in my opinion.

Non-FE related unpopular opinions I have:

Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions) is my personal favorite and I consider it the best Final Fantasy game.

Persona 4 is my least favorite Persona game.  I like it, but it definitely isn't the best for me.

I've talked about this a lot recently, but my opinion is that OG Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger is cooler and better than OG Mighty Morphin' Green/White Ranger.

It's okay to have unpopular opinions, even if it puts you in the minority.  Everyone has opinions and their own favorites, that's what makes everyone different from another.  Everyone has their preferences and everyone likes what they like.  It's okay to talk about it civilly and with respect, but when it devolves into name-calling or demeaning each other that's when it gets to be toxic.  Take it from someone who once worked in a psych ward, everyone is very different and if you let other people's opinion affect you so greatly you won't be happy with a lot of things in life.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I definitely learned about the walking away and not posting idea just now, that's for sure. Like I said, never did it feel so good before. :)

True, I always try not to let what others think get to me. It was only when a LOT of people disagreed that it felt like a problem. I guess I just have to not worry about that either.

I actually do this sometimes myself. I guess I ought to do it a bit more often to get the anger and venting urge out of my system.

You may be right, yeah... I don't mean to be pushy or too excited, but I can definitely see that in some of my past posts. Like when I was ecstatic about Ike's Smash Wii U/3DS reveal. It was exactly what I wanted, my favorite video game character in RD Ike in full Smash glory, but I probably did get too excited. xP Less caps would probably help, I reckon.

About the 'LOT of people disagreeing', context is important. If a lot of people are disagreeing that a certain game you like is good, then it's probably that you're able to see past the flaws the game has and enjoy it for things that work for you. But from frequenting the Heroes forum, I've seen a lot of time where the majority of people there disagreed with your opinions and I think sometimes there, the best thing would have been to wonder 'why are all these people disagreeing with my statement?'.

Because sometimes the reason so many people disagree is because your opinion can be uninformed. I'll take what happened in the Navarre Grand Hero Battle thread. Your first post in that thread after your attempt to beat the map was that IS had made the map impossible to beat on Lunatic, despite nearly every other posts on that page prior to yours being from people stating they had just beaten the map on Lunatic. People disagreed with you en masse there because your statement was patently false. It may have been impossible for you due to your own units limitations, but that was not the intent people saw in your post. Rather the words you chose all indicated that you believed that the map was simply unbeatable by design.

Speaking of that, another thing I've noticed is that you tend to be quite vehement in your choice of words. A unit is not simply not working out for you, it sucks. A map is not just hard, it's unbeatable. Using absolute words rather than nuanced ones will make people more likely to disagree with you since it causes them to get on the defensive. Choosing your words carefully is an important part of presenting your opinions since it directly influence how others will perceive them. Even if you think that something absolutely sucks, moderating your statement to saying that you only dislike it will probably make most people more open to having a civil discussion.

Another thing to keep in mind is that due to the nature of communications, sometimes, misunderstanding will happen between your intent when writing and what people understood as your intent when reading. In that case, the best course of action is to apologize if the misinterpreted post caused some frustration and then attempt to clarify your message. In a discussion, I tend to consider that if the other person misunderstood me, it's my fault for not explaining myself well enough, not theirs for not understanding me correctly.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This is objectively wrong.  Life isn't a giant game/competition, where you "win" over others.  In 150 years, everyone on this forum (and outside of it) will be dead, so who cares if someone "wins" some random Internet argument?

Actual maturity is knowing when to back out of an argument, cool off, then approach the situation with a clear head.  Notice how there's a lack of comparison to the other person in this approach.  That's what inner strength is about - being yourself, without harming others.

3 hours ago, SHSL Ninja said:

Final Fantasy Tactics (War of the Lions) is my personal favorite and I consider it the best Final Fantasy game.

You, on the other hand, are overdue for a ban, since your taste is so very different for mine. :P:

Edited by eclipse

9 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

About the 'LOT of people disagreeing', context is important. If a lot of people are disagreeing that a certain game you like is good, then it's probably that you're able to see past the flaws the game has and enjoy it for things that work for you. But from frequenting the Heroes forum, I've seen a lot of time where the majority of people there disagreed with your opinions and I think sometimes there, the best thing would have been to wonder 'why are all these people disagreeing with my statement?'.

Because sometimes the reason so many people disagree is because your opinion can be uninformed. I'll take what happened in the Navarre Grand Hero Battle thread. Your first post in that thread after your attempt to beat the map was that IS had made the map impossible to beat on Lunatic, despite nearly every other posts on that page prior to yours being from people stating they had just beaten the map on Lunatic. People disagreed with you en masse there because your statement was patently false. It may have been impossible for you due to your own units limitations, but that was not the intent people saw in your post. Rather the words you chose all indicated that you believed that the map was simply unbeatable by design.

Speaking of that, another thing I've noticed is that you tend to be quite vehement in your choice of words. A unit is not simply not working out for you, it sucks. A map is not just hard, it's unbeatable. Using absolute words rather than nuanced ones will make people more likely to disagree with you since it causes them to get on the defensive. Choosing your words carefully is an important part of presenting your opinions since it directly influence how others will perceive them. Even if you think that something absolutely sucks, moderating your statement to saying that you only dislike it will probably make most people more open to having a civil discussion.

Another thing to keep in mind is that due to the nature of communications, sometimes, misunderstanding will happen between your intent when writing and what people understood as your intent when reading. In that case, the best course of action is to apologize if the misinterpreted post caused some frustration and then attempt to clarify your message. In a discussion, I tend to consider that if the other person misunderstood me, it's my fault for not explaining myself well enough, not theirs for not understanding me correctly.

"Uninformed" does seem accurate to describe some past opinions that I've had. Thought what I really meant by a unit sucking when it doesn't work out for me, is that the particular version of said unit that I pulled didn't work. Like, one male Robin didn't work out because of a bad bane and boon combo, but another did because he had a better one.

I apologize for misinterpretations when I can, it's just that sometimes, I don't get how the interpretation came about at all. Though I guess I should still just apologize and leave it at that anyway.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

This is objectively wrong.  Life isn't a giant game/competition, where you "win" over others.  In 150 years, everyone on this forum (and outside of it) will be dead, so who cares if someone "wins" some random Internet argument?

Actual maturity is knowing when to back out of an argument, cool off, then approach the situation with a clear head.  Notice how there's a lack of comparison to the other person in this approach.  That's what inner strength is about - being yourself, without harming others.

Again, I didn't quite mean it that literally, but I understand now.