FE Fandom listed 4th worst video game community

Yula

Here's the video in question By the way, guess what. We beat out the sonic fandom as number 4. Yes, the FIRE EMBLEM fandom has replaced Sonic the Hedgehog as number 4. Looks like not just certain members of the fandom think that it is a divided and somewhat toxic community.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I refuse to mention my opinion on the fire emblem fandom as a whole. He has 265,384 subscribers. Which means this attitude towards the fandom can reach more people than those that bought New Mystery of the Emblem.

Yeah, I disliked the video. It's stupid clickbait full of overgeneralizations; Rabbid Luigi's generally a pretty good countdown maker, but that was just a stupid video.

I don't understand what he thinks the divide is. I had to watch a second time and all I got was "anime girls" and "awakening dumbing down the series". Not a lot to go on. Yeah, there was a clash of priorities when the series got flooded with newcomers after a half-decade absence, but when we heard marriage was in Awakening, our response was "oh from 4? That's...that's gonna be weird". And it was, but the kids say it's alright.

Edited by Gustavos

Just now, Gustavos said:

I don't understand what he thinks the divide is. I had to watch a second time and all I got was "anime girls" and "awakening dumbing down the series". Not a lot to go on. Yeah, there was a clash of priorities when the series got flooded with newcomers after a half-decade absence, but when we heard marriage was in Awakening, our response was "oh from 4? That's...that's gonna be weird". And it was, but the kids say it's alright.

People think jackasses on youtube and gamefaqs are a sign of a fandom as a whole.
Sad, but true.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

People think jackasses on youtube and gamefaqs are a sign of a fandom as a whole.
Sad, but true.

First impressions are everything for damn near everyone. My first impression was a good one, someone else's might not. And it's not too difficult to find a bad first impression, even on serenes. And before that gets assumed. I'm talking about clicking a mouse through menus. Not like, it gets thrown in their face. Some effort has to be put into it. But... it ain't much in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

He's only placing the FE community there because apparently criticizing Awakening makes us toxic

FE was the only community he mentioned on the entire list that isn't a commpetitive community

I've just always tried to lead by example.  Everyone can just do their part to be welcoming, and change it little by little.

I never had a liking to rabbidluigi. And I don't care jack-squat about this video. Knowing that this is another click bait video just to try to make people feel different about a community is just stupid. That's my opinion on this. And rabbid is wrong for making that video as a whole.

Edited by GrimmLow
Typing errors galore

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've just always tried to lead by example.  Everyone can just do their part to be welcoming, and change it little by little.

true dat.

48 minutes ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Here's the video in question By the way, guess what. We beat out the sonic fandom as number 4. Yes, the FIRE EMBLEM fandom has replaced Sonic the Hedgehog as number 4. Looks like not just certain members of the fandom think that it is a divided and somewhat toxic community.

yay us?

33 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Yeah, I disliked the video.

I mean, I didn't choose to watch it but if its that bad I'll pass.

Also, I haven't been here that long, but I don't see too many people who make this forum "toxic". Maybe I should do more lurking

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Also, I haven't been here that long, but I don't see too many people who make this forum "toxic". Maybe I should do more lurking

I'm just more overly friendly to the point of being annoying than toxic, but it's just how I am, I suppose.

I've spent years trying to have a decent bedside manner, so I guess it's hard to turn off.

I like Rabbidluigi, he's a cool dude and his top 10 are mostly nice... most of the time. Also more fun to watch since he can have a good sense of humor

I get that there's some people that were mean towards the newcomers but not EVERYONE was against them. Everything is not black or white.

It is really clickbait tho? Clickbait is mostly boobs in the thumbnail or exaggerate titles (like gone sexual for example).

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Of all the debates I've seen here in the last few months, the divide between pre and post-Awakening fans is one that I've never seen get all that heated or toxic. I'm starting to really wonder where this notion that each side of the fandom want the other side dead comes from. It's either a relic of 4 years ago when Awakening actually came out, or it was just always something that only specific parts of the fandom really got into.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Of all the debates I've seen here in the last few months, the divide between pre and post-Awakening fans is one that I've never seen get all that heated or toxic. I'm starting to really wonder where this notion that each side of the fandom want the other side dead comes from.

GameFAQs was pretty bad about it.

Ugh, we need to step up our game if we want to reach number one

btw, you could have listed the whole lost. Not everyone is willing to waste 10 minutes watching a video.

anyway, this is just some random guy on youtube, why are you talking his opinion as a fact?

also, this:

1 hour ago, unique said:

yeah usually complaining about "video game communities" is silly and overly generalizing

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Ugh, we need to step up our game if we want to reach number one

btw, you could have listed the whole lost. Not everyone is willing to waste 10 minutes watching a video.

anyway, this is just some random guy on youtube, why are you talking his opinion as a fact?

also, this:

I want to say Smash, Overwatch, and Callof Duty were there.  I'm drawing a blank on the other one.

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but isn't GameFAQs pretty much the bottom of the barrel of every fandom?

Maybe, but some barrels are deeper than others.

You obviously shouldn't take his video too seriously. After all, this is his opinion and he mentioned that this is not an attack on anyone in the description. He is in some way right however. I haven't exactly seen the video yet (nor do I want to waste my time doing so) but the FE fandom knows that there are issues with each other. It's just that neither sides are willing to make the effort to try and fix it (hoping that Intelligent Systems and Echoes will do it for them is not going to do shit).

However, I see no point why this needs to be a video. If it's suppose to be a reminder of, "hey, you guys should start behaving better or else you'll end up on this list." Then it's obviously not going to end well. If not, then well I don't know what is. Again, this is something the communities themselves have to deal with. Having a third-party sort out these issues (I checked rabbidluigi's playlists and he hasn't LP any Fire Emblem) won't necessarily be the solution. Heck, in most cases, I've seen it go downhill from there.

I'm sorry. I do like some of rabbidluigi's content. But this is really unnecessary. In my opinion, there is technically no 'worst community' (despite hearing how toxic league of legends is from my friends).

As a note, I have not kept up with the communities until recently. So I am unaware how people have been mentioning how toxic the community was when Awakening came out.