Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I don't think dire thunder cares about Wary Fighter.

Brave weapons and Dire thunder attacks don't count as doubles.

Rather every 2 attacks count as 1. So when you hit someone 4 times, you're really hitting them twice but it's a brave weapon so you're hitting 2 times per attack.

So yeah you're right. Reinhardt literally doesn't care XD

Now this map looks really interesting. I'm still not entirely sure what team I'm going to be using. I'm kind of tempted to try an all mage team + Olivia team. Nino could handle the blue mage and probably the blue armor. (Now would probably be a good time for that Ardent Sacrifice and Desperation build...) Spring Lucina with swordbreaker could probably handle Zephiel and the red mage. Sanaki could get the other armor and probably help with some buffs as well... But that may also be a really terrible idea. XD I'm expecting lots of SPD so finishing this quickly probably won't be easy. 

Damn it, I expected the armors, but those mages would easily take out my Frederick. I hope I can find some way to get Klein to take them out safely first. I think I might go in with Frederick, male Robin, Klein, and Olivia.

My Frederick has Axebreaker and should handle the two non-Zephiel armors easily. He could probably tank a hit or two from Zephiel himself as well. But I'm not sure how to keep him away from those mages...

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Damn it, I expected the armors, but those mages would easily take out my Frederick. I hope I can find some way to get Klein to take them out safely first. I think I might go in with Frederick, male Robin, Klein, and Olivia.

My Frederick has Axebreaker and should handle the two non-Zephiel armors easily. He could probably tank a hit or two from Zephiel himself as well. But I'm not sure how to keep him away from those mages...

That's pretty easy. You can use Klein take out the mage on each side, and then have Olivia dance him out of the range of the armors. You should be able to stay out of the range of the armors entirely until you're done with the mages.

2 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

That's pretty easy. You can use Klein take out the mage on each side, and then have Olivia dance him out of the range of the armors. You should be able to stay out of the range of the armors entirely until you're done with the mages.

I was thinking of this, but then I was like "but could Klein take too much damage from the mages in return?" I don't know if he can one-round both with no damage taken. Plus, the red mage would have to move into a different spot.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was thinking of this, but then I was like "but could Klein take too much damage from the mages in return?" I don't know if he can one-round both with no damage taken. Plus, the red mage would have to move into a different spot.

Klein has a brave weapon. 38 + 6 + 3/4 (from Hone Attack) = 47/48. I doubt the mages would be anywhere near bulky enough (unless they're Raven mages, which is a possibility). And yeah, so you take out the Blue Mage first.

3 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Klein has a brave weapon. 38 + 6 + 3/4 (from Hone Attack) = 47/48. I doubt the mages would be anywhere near bulky enough (unless they're Raven mages, which is a possibility). And yeah, so you take out the Blue Mage first.

I figured taking out the blue mage first was a good idea. But yeah, hope they don't have raven tomes...

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this battle has lance and axe armors trying to buff Zephiel since he's an armor as well. My Axebreaker Frederick would eat them up quickly and make even the lunatic battle hopefully easy for me.

What's your Fred's stats?

I'm afraid that this battle will feature units that even with WTD, still slaughter less-defensive units at 1range. Your Robin looks safe (I'd 4000000% bring Olivia) but I'm not entirely sure about Fredders.

Also as a warning to people in general, the last map had that knight with Wings of Mercy, so gotta be careful that enemies don't warp around 

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What's your Fred's stats?

I'm afraid that this battle will feature units that even with WTD, still slaughter less-defensive units at 1range. Your Robin looks safe (I'd 4000000% bring Olivia) but I'm not entirely sure about Fredders.

Also as a warning to people in general, the last map had that knight with Wings of Mercy, so gotta be careful that enemies don't warp around 

Capture_2017-04-14-08-40-22_zpssoakxmjx.

This Frederick will have...let's see, 39 + 4 from male Robin's boost + 4 from Armored Blow, 47 fricken defense on player phase. And double the axe armor while surely one-shotting the lance one. He'll be fine. :3 I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the battling Zephiel banner!

I love my +def Freddy Bear so much. <3

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Capture_2017-04-14-08-40-22_zpssoakxmjx.

This Frederick will have...let's see, 39 + 4 from male Robin's boost + 6 from Armored Blow, 49 fricken defense on player phase. And double the axe armor while surely one-shotting the lance one. He'll be fine. :3

I love my +def Freddy Bear so much. <3

It he still learning AB3 (because right now it's just +4 from AB2). Your Fred is quite the B-G Knight Killer though, hot diggity.

Where's your HP+3?

Just now, Elieson said:

It he still learning AB3 (because right now it's just +4 from AB2). Your Fred is quite the B-G Knight Killer though, hot diggity.

Where's your HP+3?

Yeah, I corrected that. I haven't gotten a unit that can get Armored Blow 3 at 4 star and I can't afford to blow 20,000 feathers on someone who gets it at 5 star. xP

HP+3 is on male Robin because he's -HP. It fixes that issue!

Hmm, I think I can handle this with a team of Cordelia, Nino, Cherche and Olivia. Cordelia can tank the red mage on the first turn and kill him on the next one. After that I dance her away. Meanwhile Nino baits the blue mage. She'll probably need an extra turn to kill though. Then Cherche and Nino can slowly handle the armors besides Zephiel while Cordelia can kill Zepiel with some help from Nino as well. Wing of Mercy would be a problem though.

Knowing me, this strategy just has to go horibly wrong in some way, but we'll see.

Looking at the map, I can send blade bunny Lucina to the top right to take out the armored unit (assuming it doesn't have Wary Fighter, otherwise I think she'll come up short, but a dance would allow her to do it), then the red mage would suicide itself into her (or waste an attack on Azura who would take nothing).  The mage on the left is bottlenecked by the armored unit, so that'd give another turn to regroup.  bbLucina should also be able to take out Zephiel himself.

That just leaves the left mage and left armored unit.  Mage is whatever, Ephraim or bbLucina should be able to handle it.  That leaves the green armored unit... Y!Tiki it is since I don't have a leveled red mage, I guess?

Oh hey, that's my arena defense team.  Neat.

I got a male Robin with Swordbreaker 2.

He should be able to deal with Zephiel and the red mage atleast (and maybe the blue armor), he also has drag back.

Cecilia should be able to deal with the blue mage and blue armor (also act as a emergency healer with ardent sacrifice).

Young!Tiki could easily deal with the axe knight (and heal a bit with Breath of Life 3).

Ninian dances and with Triangle Adept could tank the red mage if needed (Also gives Young!Tiki a nice +6 Def/Res buff).

I'm expecting both armors to have Wary Fighter and Goad/Ward Armor

Edited by HyperBowser

Uh, quite difficult to know what to do... I can think of F!Robin to take out the blue mage, then retreat her thanks to a Pivot user (I'll use Michalis surely)... If they move after that, then my M!Robin can take out the red mage. If that works, then a healer for supporting Michalis will be great. If not... that will be more complicated. But that's the only strategy I can think of with my units... since I have just an Olivia as dancer, but not trained...

Well lets see, I'll probably get the hard mode one without too much trouble like always, but unless I get 300 more sp (by tomorrow I think?) I'm not going to be able to kite around like I want to. If I can get enough sp for everyone, maybe this will be a good way to test my new team and 1 other unit. Darned Catria (she is already about lv 30 and its the free one from today) is distracting me from focusing on giving Michalis sp since I want the whitewings cosplay... 

I'm thinking Lilina will nuke the green armor, get repositioned behind Michalis, Gwendy and Zephiel can play together, and Michalis will smash the blue things and then I need Lilina to also go after the red mage. But I have one more unit, maybe a Kagero to help with the mages? But she is so squishy, that might be what costs me the battle, I could always grab a hammer or something (Cherche) instead I guess. Maybe a healer would be a safe choice too, buuuut I don't have Rehabilitate (yet) so it would be Elise with mend. 

I just gotta decide who would take that fourth slot (I don't want to do this with horse emblem, and I don't think they can do it since I didn't give them kite skills because I wanted my other team to have kite abilities) 

I'll try and think of something, and get my newly promoted 5* Michalis back to lv 40 quickly (Spring Chrom to the rescue!)

I'm ready for Reinhardt to single-handedly nuke this entire place into oblivion >:D

(And by single-handedly I mean possibly w/ Hone Cavalry and dancer support)

EDIT: So I just did calcs, and my +Atk Death Blow Reinhardt has enough firepower to OHKO Zephiel even without a dancer :O

I've never been more hyped for a GHB map. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Two words. Male Robin.

You need to do calculations before boasting that your Fred and Robin will carry you to victory.

Recent screenshots show he has a whopping 78 HP. The best solutions for Grand Hero Battles so far for low rarity teams have been a dancer.

Olivia was available as a daily earlier this week.

Not bruteforcing it with 5 stars.

The calculations you did above assume that you're doubling the armors with Fred.

You're not if they have wary fighter.

I'd be happy if you make this your first GHB Lunatic clear. But you're not going to do it by making assumptions in your calculations.

At this point, the only one we can make educated 80% guesses of functionality is Zephiel. Since we see his stats and skills in the screenshot from the official heroes Twitter. The things that  can change for him are Goad/Hone Armor buffs from his mooks.

While the other mooks have too many variables to assume that Fred will be doubling them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

@Anacybele (and anyone else with M!Robin):

I did the calcs, and you can ORKO Lunatic Zephiel with M!Robin only if it is a lvl 40 +Atk 5* Robin with Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker

• Lunatic Zephiel has 78 HP and 20 Res
  • +Atk M!Robin has 43 atk
  • Multiple by 1.4x bc Triangle Adept 3 for 60
  • 60 - 20 = 40 damage per hit
  • 40 x 2 = 80 damage

If M!Robin is not 5* +Atk, you fail to ORKO.

If M!Robin has Triangle Adept 2 instead of Triangle Adept 3, you fail to ORKO.

And obviously, if he does not have Swordbreaker, you fail to ORKO bc Zephiel has Wary Fighter.

Of course, this is all without buffs or dancer support. 

You can ORKO with neutral atk 5* M!Robin w/ Triangle Adept 2 if Robin is given a +4 Atk buff. 

And if your Robin has none of these things, he might still be able to 2RKO with dancer support (though I would need to know your Robin's stats to double check). 

After seeing the map I'm locking in my final guesses for who will be on the banner:

1) Lilina: Zephiel connection that hasn't been on a banner before (like Roy was), does decently against Zephiel himself, crushes one of the armours, goes even with one of the mages

2) Oboro: Spear heavy lance user with the most defence to last against Zephiel + the blue knight.

3) Niles: Unit good at taking out mages, hasn't had a banner. This is probably the weakest guess but they always have a bit of an iffy/off the wall unit

4) Frederick: Good anti-armour unit for dealing with Zephiel's support, even if he can't go toe to toe against Zephiel he can run in to deal the final blow with his hammer

I think I'll go with s!Lucina/Hector/Olivia/Priscilla for this. Should be enough support for the first two to work their way through all the enemies.

Based on that layout, I think Dance/Sing, Draw Back and Resposition will likely stop this from being especially difficult. Of course, that's barring enemy shenanigans with Distance Counter and possible raven tomes.

Changing my banner predictions to as follows: Bartre, Florina/Oboro (no Est, because we already got a free one; this could also possibly be replaced by a blue tome like Robin or Odin—I have serious doubts that they'll focus Linde), Niles/Felicia, a healer (probably one with Rehabilitate).