Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally beat a Lunatic GHB. Team was Lukas / Cecilia / Olivia / Rebecca, took two tries but this is trivial when 99 Stamina is the new normal. Skill inheritance was a lifesaver with Reposition on Cecilia, Swap on Lukas and a Ruby Sword on Olivia. Cecilia had the honor of finishing off Zephiel, which is golden.

Now I just need to get something good off this banner... come on Reinhardt...

I decided to fight Zephiel with a bunch of Binding Blade characters that I had lying around.  It was a trial and error process but I've eventually reached a solution.

Team (All L.40 5*) and relevant skills:

-Roy(+2) (Vanilla)

-Raigh (Fury, Renewal)

-Fae (Light Breath+, Blue tome breaker (sacrificed from fRobin a while back...), Draw Back)

-Fir (Wo Dao+, Iceberg, Repos., Threaten Def.)

Turns: 11~12

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-04-20-02-08-15.thumb.png.5869d2123c478f193c17e253dcd28381.png

Here's a quick breakdown of what happened.  Though, there's a lot of important enemy positioning that I can't describe through text.

1. Raigh kites the green knight with Fae pulling him back for 2 turns.

2. Roy gets hit by the red mage... blue knight swaps the red mage back.

3. Blue mage gets ORKOed by Fae.  Fae gets hit by the red mage and blue knight on the following enemy phase.  Fae is at 3HP, blue knight has just under 50%.

4. Raigh finishes off the blue knight.  Fir repositions Fae away from the red mage.

5. Red mage attacks Fir, who survives blazing thunder + attack. 

6. Fir attacks the red mage, though can't ORKO because of Seal Atk; Iceberg becomes fully charged.  Raigh finishes off the red mage.

7. Raigh and Fae kites Zephiel for 2 turns.  Fir unleashes Iceberg which deals just enough damage to finish off Zephiel.

So yea... Roy wasn't very useful during the entire fight. :PP

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-04-20-03-22-27.thumb.png.31318fbe394d51c77d63c2b3b4968afe.png

Screenshot_2017-04-20-03-13-32.thumb.png.5b9eba613314775f4ecb3230d645ba47.png

I used my standard arena defense team (Raigh, Fae, Abel, Azura) afterwards and they were able to clear the map in 5 turns with relative ease.

here's the team i used without any skills inherited: 5* takumi, 4* cecilia, 4* sully, 4* olivia.  all were level 40 except for olivia who's level 37 or so. cecilia did all the heavy lifting, although takumi helped out with the mages and sully helped a bit with zephiel. no ORKOs, but slow and steady wins the battle. ;)

50 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To show no inheritance and Seals, here's screenies of my teams while in the chapter. It's in Japanese, but people can verify.

@Ice Dragon Aight I got it done.

Ooh, I forgot Sully had Draw Back. (More accurately, I forgot Sully existed.) Nice!

I should seriously train up a bunch more 4-star level 40s for this. This is fun.

(I'm actually almost out of feathers after my recent promoting spree.)

Hm, I can't seem to save turns on the strat on the last page without some help from inheritance. I already cut it down from 9 to 8 since I was dumb the first time and wanted to be careful around Zephiel, but any more saves would probably require a Red Sword unit that has both Hone Attack and Reposition, which doesn't exist without inheritance.

Also, fuck my friend who hit Submit while I was afk.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ooh, I forgot Sully had Draw Back. (More accurately, I forgot Sully existed.) Nice!

I should seriously train up a bunch more 4-star level 40s for this. This is fun.

(I'm actually almost out of feathers after my recent promoting spree.)

My laziness is coming back to bite me since I haven't bothered training up most of my units (except for the ones I use regularly-ish, which are all A+ tier and up and/or have skill inheritance). 

The fact that I use skill inheritance heavily is also coming back to bite me because a lot of units I may have used, such as Odin or Selena for example, were fed for their skills. I don't regret it in general since the units I fed them to benefit a lot, but it does make challenges like these harder. 

That said, I think the idea is fun and is something I want to try doing (both for this GHB and future ones). I'll just need a day or two to train up some units (I'll probably have to blow some of the feathers I was saving for Nino to get people up to 4* too)

Wow this one just as easy as Navarre's GHB for me. My team was Eirika/Tharja/Bunny Camilla/Peri. All Eirika did was buff Tharja, and all Peri did was use Draw Back that I put on her a couple times. Tharja and Camilla easily wiped out all the enemies in about 2 shots each (thanks to Wary Fighter not letting Tharja double anyone).

I got both the 3* and 4* Zephiel on my first tries by using a 5* attack + Reinhardt, 5* Takumi, 4* Olivia, and 4* Cecelia. I made sure to give Reinhardt Draw Back from Sully (Since I've gotten like...five of her.) So he could poke Zephiel, had Olivia dance for him, and then had Reinhardt pull her back. Basically I just kept using Reinhardt and Cecilia to poke the knights, having Reinhardt pick off the mages when his special was charged, and then  used Olivia to dance for Reinhardt so he could pull both himself and her out of harm's way. This kept repeating until Reinhardt and Cecelia picked off the knights and finished off Zephiel for the win. Basically, draw back is highly useful for this mission and if you have two powerful mages and a dancer, the battle becomes near trivial.

got em first try cause mage dancer cheese really is just whatever.

Nino, M Robin, Olivia, and an M Corrin that stood in a corner.

having already had R Tomebreaker on my HobRobin probably helped.

gonna try doing no mages + Ice Dragon's challenge (all my trained mages are A+ above in tier anyway...). probably can't lol.

edit:

oh hey i did it.. well i guess i'm kind of a cheater since Priscilla is technically a mage. 

4* Cherche, 5* M Corrin, 5* Priscilla, 5* Felicia

i don't even have the +3 def on Corrin because i was saving his SP for fury

i recorded it but i'm slow af so if anyone watches i recommend 1.25 speed at least lol

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, wizzard of soz said:

edit:

oh hey i did it.. well i guess i'm kind of a cheater since Priscilla is technically a mage. 

4* Cherche, 5* M Corrin, 5* Priscilla, 5* Felicia

i don't even have the +3 def on Corrin because i was saving his SP for fury

i recorded it but i'm slow af so if anyone watches i recommend 1.25 speed at least lol

Wow, Corrin's survivability is impressive; I kinda wish I had him. What Bane/Boon is he? He even lived the Reprisal. I wouldn't count Priscilla as a mage, so you're good. I thought about using Felicia too, but mine wasn't trained, so I just used Jaffar (which made things a lot easier for me I guess).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

15 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, Corrin's survivability is impressive; I kinda wish I had him. What Bane/Boon is he? He even lived the Reprisal. I wouldn't count Priscilla as a mage, so you're good. I thought about using Felicia too, but mine wasn't trained, so I just used Jaffar (which made things a lot easier for me I guess).

yeah buddy, his stat spread is my kink. good defenses and the speed to not get doubled by a lot of things. mine's +res (and -atk, which hasn't actually been that bad..) too so mage survivability is up there. i got him 4* but felt compelled to promo. yeah actually Jaffar would be nicer since he can chip the armors with his weapon passive too.

edit: but also living through Reprisal was thanks to Priscilla's +4 def buff and Cherche's +3 def buff. if i hadn't had Cherche beside him the turn before he would've died -wipes sweat-

Edited by wizzard of soz

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Corrin is -def and is still able to tank a lot of hits (usually Effie barely fails to OHKO). With +spd he can even double quite some opponents thanks to the Yato. I pretty much use him for anything that requires a red unit, although my only other 5-star red unit is Roy.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reinhardt is so ridiculous... So this is what it feels like to have Hector cheese Narcian, F!Robin and Ursula.

Screenshot_20170420-001143_zpswt96luod.p

I didn't actually find Hector useful for getting f!Robin. I might have been using him wrong, but the one I found effective at breaking it open was Lilina.

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah buddy, his stat spread is my kink. good defenses and the speed to not get doubled by a lot of things. mine's +res (and -atk, which hasn't actually been that bad..) too so mage survivability is up there. i got him 4* but felt compelled to promo. yeah actually Jaffar would be nicer since he can chip the armors with his weapon passive too.

edit: but also living through Reprisal was thanks to Priscilla's +4 def buff and Cherche's +3 def buff. if i hadn't had Cherche beside him the turn before he would've died -wipes sweat-

Local man saved by wyvern waifu from different game

I think Alm could also fill your Corrin's role somehow? Mine is +HP -Def though (I had a +HP -Atk one, and I'm slowly starting to regret merging, because when inheritance enemies are factored the -Atk gets killed less), which may get him killed even with the Fortify Support. Chrom and Seliph will get doubled by the Blue mage and die, and the rest might not have enough bulk. Maybe Ryoma, who knows.

Any videos of people beating Zephiel on Lunatic with only 3* units?

This seems more difficult than both Navarre and Michalis, so that's cool.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Local man saved by wyvern waifu from different game

I think Alm could also fill your Corrin's role somehow? Mine is +HP -Def though (I had a +HP -Atk one, and I'm slowly starting to regret merging, because when inheritance enemies are factored the -Atk gets killed less), which may get him killed even with the Fortify Support. Chrom and Seliph will get doubled by the Blue mage and die, and the rest might not have enough bulk. Maybe Ryoma, who knows.

from what i remember Alm is similar to Corrin (which is why I've been trying to pull him, rip you lucky ;;), but yeah i think he would get killed with that -Def. Ryoma also has a somewhat similar spread to Corrin (i compared them a lot before because i wanted to make Corrin an offbrand Ryoma but then realized my stupidity in that Xander's weapon is locked), but his res is lower, HP and def are lower by 1, and he doesn't have the +def A slot, so i'm not sure if he'd survive the mage and Brave Axe either. maybe so though.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Any videos of people beating Zephiel on Lunatic with only 3* units?

This seems more difficult than both Navarre and Michalis, so that's cool.

Here you go!

Not only did Mkv beat the map with only 3* units, but they (unsure of gender) didn't even get hit a single time :O

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Here you go!

Not only did Mkv beat the map with only 3* units, but they (unsure of gender) didn't even get hit a single time :O

Yeah I have 4 star versions of all of them. Donnel wrecks he one rounds both mages even at 3 star. Then just have Raigh (I used Sanaki instead) and Cecilia just blast away at everyone and you can kite the rest around. 

26 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

from what i remember Alm is similar to Corrin (which is why I've been trying to pull him, rip you lucky ;;), but yeah i think he would get killed with that -Def. Ryoma also has a somewhat similar spread to Corrin (i compared them a lot before because i wanted to make Corrin an offbrand Ryoma but then realized my stupidity in that Xander's weapon is locked), but his res is lower, HP and def are lower by 1, and he doesn't have the +def A slot, so i'm not sure if he'd survive the mage and Brave Axe either. maybe so though.

Well, your Corrin didn't have the +3 Def equipped anyway.

30 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Here you go!

Cool. That's pretty impressive.

(I mainly wanted it so I can try and beat the lunatic map. Yes, I am that lazy to try it on my own at this point. I certainly wished I had another 20,000 feathers so I can promote Reinhardt and cheese the map).

Was a little surprised to see Raigh over Sophia, given Wary Fighter, but after observing the strat, it's superfluous either way. That is, Raigh's Atk is good enough such that Sophia wouldn't have had an advantage with more Atk. Raigh's Spd advantage is totally also superfluous, though. That is, the double at the end allowed him to finish in style, but there was still 2-3 more turns of kiting open to the team.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, your Corrin didn't have the +3 Def equipped anyway.

ah yeah, he still had the +2 Def equipped though. honestly if he wasn't boon res he would've died. 28 res. in perspective, neutral Alm and Ryoma have 22 and 21 res, respectively. if Ryoma is +spd i think he could've possibly lived through the initial Brave Axe and mage and killed the mage on the counterattack, and then not have to worry about next turn. too lazy for calcs though :P