Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

Lunatic Zephiel's stats are very likely to be at a minimum 70 / 56 / 21 / 33 / 19. My assumption is that, like Michalis before him, Zephiel will start with full Hone Armor and Fortify Armor buffs, giving him at least 70 / 62 / 27 / 39 / 25 at the start of the first turn.

The "at a minimum" is due to the fact that the previous Lunatic Grand Hero Battle bosses have had a few +1 or +2 added to several stats on top of a standard +15 HP.

If memory serves, Grand Hero Battle bosses only have their default skill sets, meaning Zephiel will have Eckesachs (innate Threaten Def 2), Reprisal, Life and Death 3, and Wary Fighter 3.

In other news, just like last time, the Japanese Twitter has a team introduction for a low-rarity team that succeeded the previous Grand Hero Battle without Skill Inheritance (and this time also without a dancer):

• 3-star Donnel
  • 3-star Sophia
  • 2-star Wrys
  • 3-star Michalis

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much interest in conjecture, but I'm eager for this to freakin' come out already. There's very little to do in the game at the moment apart from grinding skill inheritance fodder lol. 

I hope this battle has lance and axe armors trying to buff Zephiel since he's an armor as well. My Axebreaker Frederick would eat them up quickly and make even the lunatic battle hopefully easy for me.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope this battle has lance and axe armors trying to buff Zephiel since he's an armor as well. My Axebreaker Frederick would eat them up quickly and make even the lunatic battle hopefully easy for me.

You still need to handle Zephiel himself though.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Two words. Male Robin.

Neutral 5-star Robin has 40 Atk with Blarraven+, meaning he deals 29 damage to unboosted Zephiel, which is not even enough to break Wary Fighter. Neutral 4-star Robin has 34 Atk with Blarraven and deals only 21 damage.

With Triangle Adept 3, neutral 5-star Robin deals a much better 37 damage, but neutral 4-star Robin still only deals 28 damage.

On the flip side, if you don't have Draw Back, Reposition, Swap, Shove, Smite, Sing, or Dance to move Robin out of the way, neutral 5-star Robin has 25 Def after Zephiel's Threaten Def 2 and takes 20 damage from unboosted Zephiel, and neutral 4-star Robin has 22 Def after Zephiel's Threaten Def 2 and takes 23 damage.

With Triangle Adept 3, neutral 5-star Robin takes 9 damage from unboosted Zephiel, and neutral 4-star Robin takes 12 damage.

Unless you can keep kiting Zephiel with repositioning skills or have Triangle Adept, you're gonna have a bad time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Neutral 5-star Robin has 40 Atk with Blarraven+, meaning he deals 29 damage to unboosted Zephiel, which is not even enough to break Wary Fighter. Neutral 4-star Robin has 34 Atk with Blarraven and deals only 21 damage.

With Triangle Adept 3, neutral 5-star Robin deals a much better 37 damage, but neutral 4-star Robin still only deals 28 damage.

On the flip side, if you don't have Draw Back, Reposition, Swap, Shove, Smite, Sing, or Dance to move Robin out of the way, neutral 5-star Robin has 25 Def after Zephiel's Threaten Def 2 and takes 20 damage from unboosted Zephiel, and neutral 4-star Robin has 22 Def after Zephiel's Threaten Def 2 and takes 23 damage.

With Triangle Adept 3, neutral 5-star Robin takes 9 damage from unboosted Zephiel, and neutral 4-star Robin takes 12 damage.

Unless you can keep kiting Zephiel with repositioning skills or have Triangle Adept, you're gonna have a bad time.

You forgot to factor in Swordbreaker. My male Robin has that as well as T-Adept. And Zephiel uses a sword, doesn't he? Also, of course I plan to use a dancer or some of those skills.

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Depending on boon/bane, your Robin might not be fast enough to double him, though (Wary Fighter and Swordbreaker cancel each other, leaving it as a contest of Spd). Probably won't matter much with him throwing TA around, though.

Neutral 4-star Robin has 27 Spd, which is enough to double attack unboosted Zephiel with Swordbreaker. -Spd Robin will fail to double attack.

For my calculations, I'm assuming Frederick has already managed to kill any mooks providing Zephiel with buffs, whether or not that is a reasonable assumption based on the map layout.

My male Robin isn't -spd tho (he's +res, -HP), so that's no problem.

If Zephiel has Wary Fighter though, and it cancels out Swordbreaker...that could be a problem. ._.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My male Robin isn't -spd tho (he's +res, -HP), so that's no problem.

If Zephiel has Wary Fighter though, and it cancels out Swordbreaker...that could be a problem. ._.

Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter will cancel each other out. Robin will double attack if he has enough Spd to do so normally, which yours does (after Zephiel loses his buffs).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter will cancel each other out. Robin will double attack if he has enough Spd to do so normally, which yours does (after Zephiel loses his buffs).

Mkay, at least Robin will still double after the buffs are gone.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Mkay, at least Robin will still double after the buffs are gone.

This is still assuming that Zephiel doesn't receive +3 Spd to his stats. It's unlikely it'll happen because the highest modification to a Grand Hero Battle's boss's stats was +2 HP on Michalis (on top of the standard +15 HP for a total of +17 HP), but there's always a slight possibility.

For reference, so it doesn't get lost, the previous Grand Hero Battle bosses had these modifications to their stats relative to the player 5-star level 40 stats:

• Ursula: +15 HP
  • Michalis: +17 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, +1 Def
  • Navarre: +16 HP, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Res

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is still assuming that Zephiel doesn't receive +3 Spd to his stats. It's unlikely it'll happen because the highest modification to a Grand Hero Battle's boss's stats was +2 HP on Michalis (on top of the standard +15 HP for a total of +17 HP), but there's always a slight possibility.

For reference, so it doesn't get lost, the previous Grand Hero Battle bosses had these modifications to their stats relative to the player 5-star level 40 stats:

• Ursula: +15 HP
  • Michalis: +17 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, +1 Def
  • Navarre: +16 HP, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +1 Res

Right, right. We'll have to keep all that in mind.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Well, FEH on Twitter revealed the details of one of the lowest rarity teams that cleared the Navarre map (it didn't specify the map difficulty).

More accurate translation in my post at the top of this page.

Another Grand Hero Battle? Delicious. 

I missed the last one because I was in the hospital sorry guys.

I'm still trying to figure out a team comp for it....

Here's what I have:

Spoiler

Most don't have skill inheritance except for Takumi, Subaki and Cordelia. 

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

31 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I missed the last one because I was in the hospital sorry guys.

That's unfortunate :( Hope all is well

This grand hero battle is gonna require some tome usage and a dancer as well, since there are probably gonna be 2 armor cronies, and Zephiel. I think it'll be something like:

Blur armor

Green armor

Zephiel

Tome

Dagger/Arrow

I'm not gonna say much besides that cause we only know what the map looks like at the moment.

When we know what the actual units are and whatnot, then it's time to start the wicked strats, giggity giggity goo

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's unfortunate :( Hope all is well

This grand hero battle is gonna require some tome usage and a dancer as well, since there are probably gonna be 2 armor cronies, and Zephiel. I think it'll be something like:

Blur armor

Green armor

Zephiel

Tome

Dagger/Arrow

I'm not gonna say much besides that cause we only know what the map looks like at the moment.

When we know what the actual units are and whatnot, then it's time to start the wicked strats, giggity giggity goo

Kk. Here. Let me fix this:

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

Guess what time it is....

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Blur armor

Sounds OP.

Unless that's a mosaic blur. Then sounds kinky.

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Blur armor

Green armor

Zephiel

Tome

Dagger/Arrow

I'm actually expecting a staff with Rehabilitate to take advantage of armored units' typically high HP.

Edited by Ice Dragon

If IS really wanted to screw with us...they'll have the two armors accompanying Zephiel have distant counter :P 

It sucks that Zephiel has Wary Fighter, makes him harder to deal with as I can't nuke him with a high speed mage. But at the same time, it means we get a free wary fighter fodder! 

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

If IS really wanted to screw with us...they'll have the two armors accompanying Zephiel have distant counter :P 

It sucks that Zephiel has Wary Fighter, makes him harder to deal with as I can't nuke him with a high speed mage. But at the same time, it means we get a free wary fighter fodder! 

Wary Fighter is kind of out-classed on anyone not named Effie or Zephiel, though.

Hector has Armads, which doesn't play nice with Wary Fighter, and the other armors all have better bulk and weaker offenses and would prefer to attack twice with Quick Riposte instead preventing the opponent from attacking twice.