Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

Except we can't do calculations when we don't know every unit's stats and skills yet. :/

And I don't care about calculations because I'm no good at them and don't really care to be.

My male Robin isn't 5 star though, sadly.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Anacybele (and anyone else with M!Robin):

I did the calcs, and you can ORKO Lunatic Zephiel with M!Robin only if it is a lvl 40 +Atk 5* Robin with Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker

• Lunatic Zephiel has 78 HP and 20 Res
  • +Atk M!Robin has 43 atk
  • Multiple by 1.4x bc Triangle Adept 3 for 60
  • 60 - 20 = 40 damage per hit
  • 40 x 2 = 80 damage

If M!Robin is not 5* +Atk, you fail to ORKO.

If M!Robin has Triangle Adept 2 instead of Triangle Adept 3, you fail to ORKO.

And obviously, if he does not have Swordbreaker, you fail to ORKO bc Zephiel has Wary Fighter.

Of course, this is all without buffs or dancer support. 

You can ORKO with neutral atk 5* M!Robin w/ Triangle Adept 2 if Robin is given a +4 Atk buff. 

And if your Robin has none of these things, he might still be able to 2RKO with dancer support (though I would need to know your Robin's stats to double check). 

The last part is also assuming he doesn't have a Fortify Armor buff.

She might not be able to kill him with that neutral atk before he steamrolls them with -def debuff and skill activation.

Does he still have Vengeance in the screen like my hacked Zephiel? Or does he have a different skill? I couldn't read it past the description box.

With a dancer or drag back unit, she'd be golden.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, and Ice Dragon said earlier that Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter cancel each other out, so that can't be factored in. Ugh...

Your Robin would need to be 5 stars in order for him to kill Zephiel. I don't think he has enough attack to kill at 4 stars :(

He'll still dent him pretty well though! So you have not lost hope!

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The last part is also assuming he doesn't have a Fortify Armor buff.

She might not be able to kill him with that neutral atk before he steamrolls them with -def debuff and skill activation.

Does he still have Vengeance in the screen like my hacked Zephiel? Or does he have a different skill? I couldn't read it past the description box.

With a dancer or drag back unit, she'd be golden.

He can't possibly have Fortify Armor since he starts off not adjacent to any of the other units, but I admittedly cannot rule out Goad/Ward Armor from the green armor as a possibility. 

And he seems to have Reprisal instead of Vengeance, according to the link posted. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, and Ice Dragon said earlier that Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter cancel each other out, so that can't be factored in. Ugh...

They do cancel each other, meaning that you can double him even if he has Wary Fighter as long as your Robin has 26 or more speed. 

What Ice Dragon said is a good thing that works in your favor because it means Swordbreaker is cancelling out Wary Fighter's "you cannot be doubled" effect. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Your Robin would need to be 5 stars in order for him to kill Zephiel. I don't think he has enough attack to kill at 4 stars :(

He'll still dent him pretty well though! So you have not lost hope!

Yeah, I can only hope that even with weapon disadvantage, Freddy can finish him off because hammer.

EDIT: @MaskedAmpharos My male Robin has 27 speed, so yay!

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except we can't do calculations when we don't know every unit's stats and skills yet. :/

And I don't care about calculations because I'm no good at them and don't really care to be.

Then don't be like "Two words: Male. Robin." to the whale that actually contributes a ridiculous amount of info the the community like you know better than them when there is a strong possibility that your Robin can't kill him by himself.

The good news is:

48 atk Fred - .20 * 48 = 39

39 - 34 def = 5

Is effective damage * 1.5?

If he has 7 hp or less, you can finish him with Fred.

@MaskedAmpharos

Asdf. I meant reprisal. I keep mistaking skill names when converting JP to English.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Then don't be like "Two words: Male. Robin." to the whale that actually contributes a ridiculous amount of info the the community like you know better than them when there is a strong possibility that your Robin can't kill him by himself.

The good news is:

39 - 34 def = 5

I wasn't ever intending to imply that I know the game better, plus I don't know how much Ice Dragon knows in general, but fine, okay... :/

I thought Frederick should be able to do a little more than that (like 10 to 15 damage, not a whole lot, obviously), but if it works, it works.

I might give Rein the DB2 from Ursula for now (instead of waiting for a Klein) if that's gonna help him break through Zeph in 1 round. Assume 1 Ward Armor that's 24 res on 78hp, Rein starting with 44Atk, 48 to DB2, 52 with HA, 62 with WTA, comes out to 76 damage

...damn, down 2 hp. TA2 would work instead of DB2 (for a total of 80 damage) but I don't have any spare Selenas right now, let alone Roys.

I guess I can't go for a turn 1 Zephiel blick.

59 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm ready for Reinhardt to single-handedly nuke this entire place into oblivion >:D

(And by single-handedly I mean possibly w/ Hone Cavalry and dancer support)

EDIT: So I just did calcs, and my +Atk Death Blow Reinhardt has enough firepower to OHKO Zephiel even without a dancer :O

I've never been more hyped for a GHB map. 

Same, except my Reinhardt is not +Atk so I have to settle with a dancer, lol.

Still excited nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The good news is:

39 - 34 def = 5

@MaskedAmpharos

Asdf. I meant reprisal. I keep mistaking skill names when converting JP to English.

Effective damage is x1.5 to Atk after applying skills, buffs and debuffs, but before defense and WTD. So, 48 Atk becomes 72, then WTD shaves off 14, leaving Fred with 58 Atk versus 34 Def. That's 24 damage, which is enough for an easy finisher.

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Effective damage is x1.5 to Atk after applying skills, buffs and debuffs, but before defense and WTD. So, 48 Atk becomes 72, then WTD shaves off 14, leaving Fred with 58 Atk versus 34 Def. That's 24 damage, which is enough for an easy finisher.

That's pretty good news for @Anacybele

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's pretty good news for @Anacybele

Sure is!

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Freddy on that battling Zephiel banner now! I just need to remember to have male Robin and Olivia sitting next to him for all the buffs they'd give.

Double checked @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi's calcs, and they're correct. 

Since Zephiel has 78 HP, @Anacybele's Robin would need to do 54 damage (or 27 x 2 w/ Swordbreaker) to secure the kill using both of them. 

Since Zephiel has 20 Res, Robin (without Triangle Adept) would need 40 atk to do this amount of damage (40 x 1.2 = 48, 48 - 20 = 28 damage per hit). 

Unfortunately, a neutral atk 4* Robin only has 34 atk at level 40, so he wouldn't be able to ORKO even with Frederick's help without buffs.

It's probably best to just use M!Robin + Olivia to take down Zephiel. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Double checked @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi's calcs, and they're correct. 

Since Zephiel has 78 HP, @Anacybele's Robin would need to do 54 damage (or 27 x 2 w/ Swordbreaker) to secure the kill using both of them. 

Since Zephiel has 20 Res, Robin (without Triangle Adept) would need 40 atk to do this amount of damage (40 x 1.2 = 48, 48 - 20 = 28 damage per hit). 

Unfortunately, a neutral atk 4* Robin only has 34 atk at level 40, so he wouldn't be able to ORKO even with Frederick's help without buffs.

It's probably best to just use M!Robin + Olivia to take down Zephiel. 

Oh yeah, I definitely will remember the male Robin + Olivia idea too. Either way, I'll have a backup plan for Zeph. Also, my male Robin does have T-Adept.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I definitely will remember the male Robin + Olivia idea too. Either way, I'll have a backup plan for Zeph. Also, my male Robin does have T-Adept.

Hee hee hee

It's all falling into place *maniacally rubs hands together*

All Hail T-Adept Male Robin

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh awesome! I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to assume. 

Is it T-Adept 2 or 3 though? Because you need 3 with a neutral atk 4* Robin to secure the kill (and that's with Frederick's help). 

EDIT: Ninja birb

Double EDIT: This has absolutely nothing to do w/ the GHB, but @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi it's always amused me that someone with the username "black-winged angel" (or at least I think that's what it translates to? I don't speak Japanese, so...) has a little bird as their profile pic. 

Triple EDIT: Relevant pic

Spoiler

MIL39iD.jpg

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Hmm... Narcian trolls the Brave lance armor and maybe the blue mage. Subaki maybe trolls Zephiel and the red mage. Sophia may be the best choice for taking out the Brave axe armor. Olivia would be around to give somebody an extra turn...

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh awesome! I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to assume. 

Is it T-Adept 2 or 3 though? Because you need 3 with a neutral atk 4* Robin to secure the kill (and that's with Frederick's help). 

EDIT: Ninja birb

Double EDIT: This has absolutely nothing to do w/ the GHB, but @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi it's always amused me that someone with the username "black-winged angel" (or at least I think that's what it translates to? I don't speak Japanese, so...) has a little bird as their profile pic. 

Triple EDIT: Relevant pic

Reveal hidden contents

MIL39iD.jpg

Hehe, yeah, you've got my name right (FWIW, I don't speak it, either—had to get some help from a native speaker to get it properly worded. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm one of those people of asian descent who tried and failed to properly learn a couple major languages from that side of the world). Interestingly, the profile picture is somewhat of a coincidence in that I'd have used it regardless of my screen name, since silly puns like robin Robin often tickle my fancy.

18 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... Narcian trolls the Brave lance armor and maybe the blue mage. Subaki maybe trolls Zephiel and the red mage. Sophia may be the best choice for taking out the Brave axe armor. Olivia would be around to give somebody an extra turn...

If you can pick off the mages, then it'd probably also be possible to troll all of the armours to death with Sophia-Dance shenanigans, since I doubt WTA will be enough to fully protect the lance armour from what will likely be pretty poor Res.

21 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Subaki takes about three damage from Zephiel and deals about 10. He also doubles because of QR. The only scary thing is reprisal...

Just now, Bartozio said:

Subaki takes about three damage from Zephiel and deals about 10. He also doubles because of QR. The only scary thing is reprisal...

Sounds like Subaki only really has business killing the red mage. Sophia with Olivia support would have to kite Zephiel around.

I'm planning a team with Ninan, Linde, Roy and Jaffar/Catria to take down the map. Current plane is to KO the blue mage turn one with help of Ninan if neccessary and hopefully counter attack and kill the red mage. I'm not that scared of Zephiel as with most GHB so far the most important turns have been the first and second turns so I doubt this one will be much different.