Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah. The red mage can't hit Hector if he goes left first anyway.

Yeah... Hmm...

*Seeing the map* And Hector can't afford to land the first defense at left anyway. Zephiel will be in range. And M!Robin will need someone to get out of the range of the blue knight too. Or... If he can destroy the blue knight beforehand, that will be easier. But in that case, he'll need a Dancer, because 67 HP is too high. And if the kinght have Wary Fighter, that will be more complicated.

...Argh, we really need the stats of these knights !

2 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Yeah... Hmm...

*Seeing the map* And Hector can't afford to land the first defense at left anyway. Zephiel will be in range. And M!Robin will need someone to get out of the range of the blue knight too. Or... If he can destroy the blue knight beforehand, that will be easier. But in that case, he'll need a Dancer, because 67 HP is too high. And if the kinght have Wary Fighter, that will be more complicated.

...Argh, we really need the stats of these knights !

Zephiel can't ORKO Hector anyway. It's not a very good trade, but Hector will leave to kill the Blue mage.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Zephiel can't ORKO Hector anyway. It's not a very good trade, but Hector will leave to kill the Blue mage.

Maybe. Hector take how much damage from him ?

I'm thinking of throwing Reinhardt at things and hoping he bowls them over like skittles... I only have a vanilla 5* Reinhardt and can't remember his ivs off the top of my head... but I do have a handy spare 4* Reinhardt and I believe Hawkeye has Death Blow 3 (could be wrong there), so I might be ready to go a-unit merging should it come to it :D 

I love this new merging inheritance thing. I may suck at skill inheritance, but it lets me try several different things without crushing my sp quite so hard. Yay! :D 

Thinking Ninian will be my dancer of choice, since she's the magical one of the lot... Not sure about the mages yet. If they're not ravens, then maybe Gordin could be used? Not sure... I'm glad we have the extra stamina to play with this, too, though :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

10 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Maybe. Hector take how much damage from him ?

28 if Hector is +def, 31 for =def. Meanwhile +atk Hector deals 10 damage to Zephiel, 7 for =atk. I really don't see Hector winning this fight (just like in the story), since those mages get scary .

Edited by Bartozio

Just now, Bartozio said:

28 if Hector is +def, 31 for =def. Meanwhile +atk Hector deals 10 damage to Zephiel, 7 for =atk. I really don't see Hector winning this fight (just like in the story).

Aaah, don't spoil me ! Haven't play the game actually ! (Thanks the game, he's not in french >.<  I must play it, now...)
But Okay. Seems he can take two hit, from Zephiel and the mage. Maybe. Need the stat to confirm that x)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably with a lot of kiting with Draw Back. As long as there is space to keep moving backwards, a ranged unit can attack an armor forever without taking a hit.

Unless those armors have Distant Counter.

Though there's no free unit with Draw Back, you can still use dance support from Olivia to poke and kite, as you said (assuming no Distant Counter, of course). 

I doubt they'll have Distant Counter though, as DC doesn't have much synergy with the Brave weapons that the two armors have. 

3 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Aaah, don't spoil me ! Haven't play the game actually ! (Thanks the game, he's not in french >.<  I must play it, now...)
But Okay. Seems he can take two hit, from Zephiel and the mage. Maybe. Need the stat to confirm that x)

Its actually a super early game spoilers lol

If you played Fates, that spoiler is on the same level as saying "Corrin can choose between Nohr, Hoshido, and Revelations"

Anyone will just wait for MKV? oh wait. I dont have Donnel at 40.

Guess Heavy Est will handle Zephiel with a healer backing on. Then have Hector and get rid of red mage.

This is going to be one hard GHB (MAYBE)

18 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

If it's alright, I'd like to make a suggestion for tackling this map, which also assumes that I'm right about the enemy types and positions as I wrote above so it might not be really reliable:

Spoiler

Going off of your units, I say Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia (the 4-Star one)/Takumi could work. With Nino or Olivia's Hone ATK buff and WTA, and maybe an Olivia dance, Reinhardt should be able to defeat Zephiel on the first turn. Assuming your Nino has Gronnblade, she should be able to (with Reinhardt's Spur ATK 2 and Olivia's Hone ATK buff, and WTA) ORKO the Blue Armor (or maybe the Green Armor, but you might need an Olivia dance for that). Olivia should wait behind Nino, unless she must dance for Reinhardt. Takumi just sorta waits on the edge of the enemy ranges. On the next turn, the remaining Armor will move up and Nino will get attacked by a mage (which she should survive), while the other mage also moves up. Next turn, have Takumi kill the mage that attacked Nino while she kills the remaining Armor, with an Olivia Dance and Reinhardt assist if needed. If Reinhardt isn't needed, then get him to the edge of the remaining mage's attack range. On Enemy Phase, either Nino, Olivia or Takumi will have to take a hit, which they should survive unless they're getting doubled. On your turn, assuming whoever got attacked lived, you can easily kill the mage and claim your Zephiel.
I'm not 100% sure that'd work, so here are a few extra things:
1) You might want to substitute Takumi for Felicia if his RES isn't good enough, because hers almost certainly will be.
2) If the mages carry -raven tomes, which they might, then replace Takumi with Tharja. If they're Blue, then use Tharja for Nino's part of the above strategy and use Nino for Takumi's part.
2.5) If possible, consider training up a Sophia to 4-Star and using her instead of Tharja for the above strategy, if Red/Green-raven tomes are on the map, since she has superior RES and slightly higher ATK.

I dunno if that'll actually work for you, it's just a thought. Hope it helps, mate.

Now worries. Heh heh. I'm always open to it.

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - Looks like you guys have a challenger. :P

Just now, JSND said:

Its actually a super early game spoilers lol

If you played Fates, that spoiler is on the same level as saying "Corrin can choose between Nohr, Hoshido, and Revelations"

Well, haven't play the game, so... it's a spoiler. *run*

Buuuut, we get off-track there.

The Great Battle is tomorrow, isn't it ? We'll can discuss more easily when it'll begin.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - Looks like you guys have a challenger. :P

I'm not sure I agree with Takumi, but Reinhardt, Olivia, and Nino are definitely among the units I'd have recommended as well. 

I can't remember who else you have off the top of my head. 

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@ILikeKirbys 

I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶n̶e̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶g̶

You can help too, but you won't be a part of the bet. As of now, it'll only be between the three of us. 

If we all lose maybe Fypo can try your strat

Spoiler

I didn't read what you said at first, but geez it's remarkably similar to my idea. I'll probably think of something new instead ;)

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Don't doubt us.

We got a plan already.

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm not sure I agree with Takumi, but Reinhardt, Olivia, and Nino are definitely among the units I'd have recommended as well. 

I can't remember who else you have off the top of my head. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

@ILikeKirbys 

I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶n̶e̶a̶ ̶p̶i̶g̶

You can help too, but you won't be a part of the bet. As of now, it'll only be between the three of us. 

If we all lose maybe Fypo can try your strat

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't read what you said at first, but geez it's remarkably similar to my idea. I'll probably think of something new instead ;)

@Arcanite - the one that calls me guinea pig within seconds after I updated my sig to say Strategists Three Guinea Pig... XD

I have a downloadable Excel sheet with every hero I have in my team. It's in my sig.

Wow, I thought this would be later this month.  Zephiel's portrait art looks amazing, I guess I really do need to get him for art...  His 4* better come with that LoD at Lv. 3....  >_> Drooling over it for inheritance already. 

13 minutes ago, komasa said:

Drooling over it for inheritance already.

*grabs napkin and wipes komasa's mouth*

Yeah I feel the same way. If its Wary Fighter and you randomly hear rapid thudding, that's me banging my head against the wall heh

Edited by Arcanite

16 minutes ago, komasa said:

Wow, I thought this would be later this month.  Zephiel's portrait art looks amazing, I guess I really do need to get him for art...  His 4* better come with that LoD at Lv. 3....  >_> Drooling over it for inheritance already. 

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

*grabs napkin and wipes komasa's mouth*

Yeah I feel the same way. If its Wary Fighter and you randomly hear rapid thudding, that's me banging my head against the wall heh

Wiki lists Life and Death 3 as unlocked at 5-star rarity, but they don't have any other data that isn't obvious (like weapon and special skill unlocks), so there's no guarantee they're accurate.

If they are, then Wary Fighter 3 would be unlocked at 4-star rarity, presumably, though I'm not sure why you'd ever want to put Wary Fighter on a character that doesn't already have it.

I feel Zephiel looks slightly too old on his Heroes art.

I beat Navarre's GHB Lunatic in one try but I completely expect not being able to come close to beating this one. Blue units is what is seemingly important to have on this map and I don't even have a decent blue mage.

I have Sharena 5*, Est 4* and Corrin (F) 4* at lv 40 or close, I suppose.  I don't know..