Next grand hero battle: Zephiel

Michelaar

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahem.

Fire Emblem has always been a game of numbers. The removal of evasion has had the consequence of those numbers being entirely predictable in advance.

With that said, this guy is far better at this branch of mathematics than I.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ILikeKirbys Double dancer is a bit unorthodox, to be sure, so I'm really hoping it pays off.

Unfortunately, this is the best I can do without knowing more. Something as simple as the axe armor having Ward Armor (for Zephiel) would throw a wrench in my plans, as would the axe armor's stats being different from what Smoke posted (since my Julia barely ORKOs as is). The armored units besides Zephiel having Wary Fighter would also screw things up. 

So we'll have to see :/

I don't see much difficulty with this map. The blue mage is basically a free kill. The armors are too slow and it'll be easy to knock out the red mage and make a run for it after. And lastly just kite the armors. 

I wonder if that blue armored unit has.... whats that skill called. the one where you swap an ally to your opposite side. it could make the red mage do a quick magic attack before being retreated behind the armored unit.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I wonder if that blue armored unit has.... whats that skill called. the one where you swap an ally to your opposite side. it could make the red mage do a quick magic attack before being retreated behind the armored unit.

Reposition?

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

That would be Lunge. I personally prefer Drag Back, myself, but even then, such a skill is scary

EDIT: oh you meant swap an ALLY. Yeah, Reposition

Edited by Motendra

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Heh, I feel like a square

Everyone is out here posting strategies, and I have nothing. I̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶n̶a̶k̶e̶d̶. 

I don't think Smoke is a moron or anything, I just want to be 100% certain, even though the units are the same throughout all the Hero Battles.

It's the paranoia in me lel.

Where... where are your clothes?! Why are you walking around the forums not wearing anything!

But I don't have a strategy yet either. Hey, is it drafty in here or something? *looks down at self* Oops, right, naked again...

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

That would be Lunge. I personally prefer Drag Back, myself, but even then, such a skill is scary

Lunge moves your unit forward and puts the enemy in your unit's previous position. I think Thany is talking about a unit using an assist on an ally. Specifically, the red mage hits a unit and the blue knight Repositions the red mage behind him. Draw Back can work too, but then both units would move back with the red mage in front and the blue knight behind which would trap the blue knight in a corner which would suck for him.

Edited by Kaden

23 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@ILikeKirbys Double dancer is a bit unorthodox, to be sure, so I'm really hoping it pays off.

Unfortunately, this is the best I can do without knowing more. Something as simple as the axe armor having Ward Armor (for Zephiel) would throw a wrench in my plans, as would the axe armor's stats being different from what Smoke posted (since my Julia barely ORKOs as is). The armored units besides Zephiel having Wary Fighter would also screw things up. 

So we'll have to see :/

Ah, I doubt they'll have Wary Fighter. They  have to have Wings of Mercy to be teleporting Brave+ weapon assholes.

Although it would be rather annoying if they did have Wary Fighter...

Still, like you've said, we don't have enough information yet. When tomorrow comes, we'll be able to strategize better once we open up the map and know what we're up against (and see the Battling Zephiel banner, I still haven't seen any info about it).

Best of luck, folks!

@Thany Reposition.
And that would be so assholish
And both Armors could have it
And use it to move Zephiel up to the front lines
So he could murder your squishy
I could totally see this happening
I really don't want this to happen tho
My team is mostly made of squishies
So this would be really bad for me
But I could see it happening

Edited by ILikeKirbys

10 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Where... where are your clothes?! Why are you walking around the forums not wearing anything!

But I don't have a strategy yet either. Hey, is it drafty in here or something? *looks down at self* Oops, right, naked again...

Says the person who asked where their clothes are. Dummy.... although it's not like I mind people who don't wear anything. In fact it'll be delightful, at least to me. :P:

There's a lot of strategizing going on here, but no one knows what plans the enemy team has in store, so, it's fine if you don't feel ready. Just take your time and prepare. It's not like Zephiel would dissapear in an hour :)

1 minute ago, Lyrai said:

Says the person who asked where their clothes are. Dummy.... although it's not like I mind people who don't wear anything. In fact it'll be delightful, at least to me. :P:

There's a lot of strategizing going on here, but no one knows what plans the enemy team has in store, so, it's fine if you don't feel ready. Just take your time and prepare. It's not like Zephiel would dissapear in an hour :)

My strategy is to wait until the map comes out, and then engage in the planning! ...Oh look, now I'm wearing a fig leaf!

18 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Never said I was naked. I said I feel naked. 

Spoiler

Who am I kidding? I'm a nudist, okay? It's who I am!!!

Spoiler

Jk of course ;)

5 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

It's not like Zephiel would dissapear in an hour :)

Remind me that you're the one who jinxed us when it turns out that this is just another Early Bird event and I didn't wake up in time to do it.

@MrSmokestack analysis (in particular Zephiel analysis) gave me an idea for turn 1-2 involving Blarblade + Swordbreaker Ursula.

Turn 1: Position Ursula two steps near Zephiel so Olivia can dance at her, who's behind her. Gunter stays near Ursula to grant Hone Cavalry. 

Turn 2: Ursula attacks Zephiel for 48 damage twice. He's dead. Olivia dances to Ursula so she moves to a safe area/baits the red mage. Someone draws back Olivia if the axe knight has Swap.

Edit: Forgot to mention this may only work if the units don't move immediately.

Edited by Zero1000

15 minutes ago, Astellius said:

My strategy is to wait until the map comes out, and then engage in the planning! ...Oh look, now I'm wearing a fig leaf!

Mhmm. I think the map design and the enemies' roster explained just enough. I think we better stop discussing and wait until the GHB comes, and let us keep our own strategies to ourselves until we can confirm what works and what doesn't.

... Booo~ Fig leafs are annoying. :3

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Remind me that you're the one who jinxed us when it turns out that this is just another Early Bird event and I didn't wake up in time to do it.

I don't even know the real context behind feeling naked. Letting imaginations run wild feels good sometimes, though :lol:

Wait! I-uh, ... yeah ... I guess I'll take the blame if it's really an early bird event.

4 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

@MrSmokestack analysis (in particular Zephiel analysis) gave me an idea for turn 1-2 involving Blarblade + Swordbreaker Ursula.

Turn 1: Position Ursula two steps near Zephiel so Olivia can dance at her, who's behind her. Gunter stays near Ursula to grant Hone Cavalry. 

Turn 2: Ursula attacks Zephiel for 48 damage twice. He's dead. Olivia dances to Ursula so she moves to a safe area/baits the red mage. Someone draws back Olivia if the axe knight has Swap.

Wait. You can't hit Zephiel twice without a dancer! He has Wary Fighter! Or... are you thinking of 2 dancers? o.o

Edited by Lyrai

12 minutes ago, Astellius said:

This is pretty much how I tackle everything, really. For better or worse

6 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Wait. You can't hit Zephiel twice without a dancer! He has Wary Fighter! Or... are you thinking of 2 dancers? o.o

Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter nullify each other and cause the battle to go normally.

5 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Mhmm. I think the map design and the enemies' roster explained just enough. I think we better stop discussing and wait until the GHB comes, and let us keep our own strategies to ourselves until we can confirm what works and what doesn't.

... Booo~ Fig leafs are annoying. :3

I don't even know the real context behind feeling naked. Letting imaginations run wild feels good sometimes, though :lol:

Wait! I-uh, ... yeah ... I guess I'll take the blame if it's really an early bird event.

Wait. You can't hit Zephiel twice without a dancer! Or... are you thinking of 2 dancers? o.o

You can if you're running Swordbreaker, which I believe he said he was. 

Breaker skills, Wary Fighter, Brash Assault, and Quick Riposte cancel each other out, making the battle sequence going back to the default "double if your speed is 5 or more higher". 

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

Who am I kidding? I'm a nudist, okay? It's who I am!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Jk of course ;)

Feeling naked implies nakedcality.

Just now, Motendra said:

This is pretty much how I tackle everything, really. For better or worse

...wearing only a fig leaf?

9 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Edit: Forgot to mention this may only work if the units don't move immediately.

They won't, considering all previous Grand Hero Battles, so you're in the clear.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Breaker skills, Wary Fighter, Brash Assault, and Quick Riposte cancel each other out, making the battle sequence going back to the default "double if your speed is 5 or more higher". 

1 minute ago, Zero1000 said:

Swordbreaker and Wary Fighter nullify each other and cause the battle to go normally.

Oh... I never thought of how those two skills actually conflict with each other. I thought Wary Fighter takes priority over any breaker skills all this time. I'll make sure I remember this in the future. Thanks, both of you. :)

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Weaponbreaker, Brash Assault, and Quick Riposte will cancel out an enemy's Wary Fighter's effect on yourself, but not Wary Fighter's effect on the owner.

Even if the Wary Fighter enemy has 5 Spd more than your unit, it will be unable to double attack because it doesn't have a skill that cancels Wary Fighter's effect on itself.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Weaponbreaker, Brash Assault, and Quick Riposte will cancel out an enemy's Wary Fighter's effect on yourself, but not Wary Fighter's effect on the owner.

Even if the Wary Fighter enemy has 5 Spd more than your unit, it will be unable to double attack because it doesn't have a skill that cancels Wary Fighter's effect on itself.

Huh. I didn't even think about scenarios where your own unit had Wary Fighter, but that's good to keep in mind. 

Just now, Motendra said:

huh...? I mean planning as I go. Whats this 'bout a fig leaf?

Well, I said two things in the thing you quoted from me. I knew you meant the planning as one goes part, but I decided to interpret as you meaning the latter, for humor purposes.

Just now, Astellius said:

I knew you meant the planning as one goes part, but I decided to interpret as you meaning the latter, for humor purposes.

If you're naked and in a hurry, I suppose a fig leaf might have to suffice then.