[Solved] Custom animation glitch

Rindille

I tried to insert my custom weapon icon into the game. The graphics offset is C5EA4. Before that, I already inserted custom animation and everything worked just fine. But everytime I inserted icon using GBA graphics editor, animation either glitches or won't play at all.  FEditor spell animation manager won't open again as well. Finally I tried to delete nlz file and sav file and retried, but it still screwed up...

I don't know what to do now. :( Can someone help me?

Spoiler

BeforeQ1.png.e5e615671593f3396844479dff2dfba9.png After(notice that icon has been inserted)Q2.png.df54edd5c394d2aaf02076dc287aeb18.png

To make it more detailed, I used the full icon sheet extracted from the rom.

Spoiler

UST.png.63744ed3689338b1dcb8ef09052e1a1f.png

Edited by Rindille

ngl the weapon icon changing color like that is pretty cool and it'd be super neat to incorperate that as just a feature

anyway uh I don't hack I just wanted to say that I'll let somebody else explain stuff

Edited by Ritisa

23 minutes ago, Ritisa said:

ngl the weapon icon changing color like that is pretty cool and it'd be super neat to incorperate that as just a feature

anyway uh I don't hack I just wanted to say that I'll let somebody else explain stuff

Not sure if I get it right but if you're saything that icon changing color in battle then I'll explain a little. In fact I just made some new icons to replace the old one. It's not like icon itself changing atomatically...(I'd like to do that but apparently a long road ahead of me to reach that level lol)

I said this just in case that you misunderstood something...If you didn't, then nevermind me. :)

Question resolved.

I'll put the solution here for people who might have the same issue:

Condition a: (This considering that you insert the icon sheet using 32 x 32 in GBAGE like I did before)

If you insert your custom icon at the original offset in the rom at C5EA4 (according to Blazer's tutorial), it's fine. But you might can't open spell animation manager in FEditor Adv. afterwards. Not only that, your already inserted custom animation may crash the game as well. To solve the problem, all you have to do is to repoint the icon offset to free space in your hack. Then open FEditor, click spell animation manager, save it and close. Then open it again, you'll find it back to normal!  :D

Condition b:(This is an alternative solution, which is better and easier)

Don't insert the sheet 32 x 32. Instead,  split it into 2x64 small sheets and insert them one by one. This method hasn't caused any problem so far(tested by myself).

Edited by Rindille

• Rindille changed the title to [Solved] Custom animation glitch