Seeing as no one has set up a thread for this yet that I know of, I thought I would. After all, it would be good to have a place where people from the PAL regions can unite and discuss their thoughts, feelings, hype and hopes for Shadows of Valentia.

Who has preordered their copy and who is going to either pick their copy up from a shop or buy it day one? What do you all plan to do on release day?

I have preordered mine already and I plan to use my evening on release day to play the game. I am really looking forward to it.

Edited by phoenixmiko

I'm just happy we're being treated decently for once. No multiple months of waiting for a game that's already out in the US this time! 

I don't think I will preorder the game. With Fates it was pretty essential to do so considering the limited edition with all routes on it certainly was limited. This time around there is no direct need for a preorder. 

I've preordered the special edition of the game and will probably pick it up on the day.  However, I will not be able to play it till after my exams and even then I don't know how much time I'll have to dedicate to it.  So I'm planning just to play little bits at a time when I can, especially because the months after it will probably be the most intense and stressful of my life because of the nature of my degree. 

Yeah I preordered. Thankfully I will be finished with school since this year has been a pretty chill year so I will have plenty of time to play it.

I'm thinking about ordering it from Amazon, they have a pretty good price at £32.

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm just happy we're being treated decently for once. No multiple months of waiting for a game that's already out in the US this time!

Agreed!

I'm bouncing around waiting for this game. I have the special edition preordered on both Game and Nintendo Store, and I'm not sure which one to let go of as I'm afraid of a mistake happening with my order for the other xD I'm so paranoid. I will let one go sooner or later, though.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm bouncing around waiting for this game. I have the special edition preordered on both Game and Nintendo Store, and I'm not sure which one to let go of as I'm afraid of a mistake happening with my order for the other xD I'm so paranoid. I will let one go sooner or later, though.

Same here, I have both preordered it on Amazon.de and Gamestop.it, will cancel the German preorder soon though. I'm so paranoid too.

I too am glad that we are getting the game the same day as America. About time! What is more, it will be only a month after Japan and that is even better. I hope all future releases are like this for Fire Emblem handheld games.

The year wait for Fates was bad enough but having to wait months after the US release to get the European edition was absolute murder, especially since Nintendo of Europe had promised that Fates would come out during the first quarter of 2016 after being reticent on the whole issue of a street date for so long. I felt betrayed and outraged that Nintendo of Europe had brought the release date back that far after making a promise to release the game earlier in the year. 

Hopefully that will never happen again.

It is also a real relief that 8-4 are localising Shadows of Valentia just like Awakening. I hope Nintendo of Europe produce their English release properly this time and not just put the American English version in there like they did with Fates, which made me really annoyed as it smacked of pure laziness, particularly after making us wait so long for release. They could have released the European English version along with the US one for all the good it did!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a great European English release for Shadows of Valentia.

I have preordered my Limited Edition and cannot wait to get it. I also preordered more than one because I was paranoid about having problems with orders or getting some cancelled on me. 

I do have a Nintendo UK order of the Limited Edition that I will cancel soon so please let me know if you want to have it.

Edited by phoenixmiko

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Like everyone else here, I agree with you. It's good that we are being relevant for once.

Anyway, I don't think I'll buy the limited edition and will instead get the normal one. Mainly because I want to spare money for some of the DLCs and for future games I'l buy.

5 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Same here, I have both preordered it on Amazon.de and Gamestop.it, will cancel the German preorder soon though. I'm so paranoid too.

I had it on amazon.de but that was the first I cancelled. I just... worry lol. But I hate selling things so I don't wanna buy it and then have to sell it on again >.<

^ This is why I paused my watch history on Youtube. I don't care about getting spoiled too much, but I'd like to experience some things while actually playing the game.

I preordered the Limited Edition, but have begun to doubt if I actually need it. Here it costs 99€, which is the same amount I paid for the Fates Special Edition. I don't regret getting that game in the slightest, but all SoV's LE has going for me are the - admittedly very nice - extras. At least I still have about a month to decide if the game will be worth that much money.

I thought Gaiden was an interesting experience but ultimately quite tedious to play, so I'm very curious to see if SoV has changed anything for the better. I've already seen some comments about SoV's map design that made me feel a tad disappointed.

Edited by Carnation

1 hour ago, Carnation said:

^ This is why I paused my watch history on Youtube. I don't care about getting spoiled too much, but I'd like to experience some things while actually playing the game.

I preordered the Limited Edition, but have begun to doubt if I actually need it. Here it costs 99€, which is the same amount I paid for the Fates Special Edition. I don't regret getting that game in the slightest, but all SoV's LE has going for me are the - admittedly very nice - extras. At least I still have about a month to decide if the game will be worth that much money.

I thought Gaiden was an interesting experience but ultimately quite tedious to play, so I'm very curious to see if SoV has changed anything for the better. I've already seen some comments about SoV's map design that made me feel a tad disappointed.

Damn, that's a really good idea.  I wish that I had thought of that.  

Yeah, in Australia the limited edition is $100 (~70€).  Pretty much I'm getting it because I love the art books but also I collect pins ... so the cute pins had me needing it.  Currently, my Canadian friend is playing the Japanese version of the game and has loved it so I'm sure it'll be worth it in terms of the game.  I'm just hoping that the art book (my major draw in) will also be equally as good. Guess I'll find out on the day.

I wonder if someone has already scanned their Japanese artbook?

The biggest reason why I haven't just canceled my preorer is that the extras are really good - basically all of it's contents are the kind of stuff I'd love to own. When it comes to merchandise, I'm always the most interested in artbooks and soundtracks and the only amiibo I own, Marth, could use some company. And the pins are simply cute, I love that they used map sprites for them.

So it's pricey, but at least there's nothing I'd regret getting. My expectations for the game itself are all over the place.

This year I am not hyped for a special edition, most likely because of no added gameplay value (amiibo doesn't work with my old 3DS). So I guess I will take it slow. Currently also out of money, which isn't so bad then XD Am sure to get this game later this year, maybe when we get another price drop, somewhere after the summer.

Yeah, I really shouldn't be spending so much money but I justify it by saying that In the future I'll have a shit tonne of collectors editions in a collection.  Because honestly, I've mostly grown out of anime and games, but I am absolutely smitten with this series.  I love it and it's important to me and out of everything recreational that I have loved this has been the only thing that has lasted.  

I have cancelled my preorders for the Limited Edition on Game UK and Nintendo UK for those still looking to get it.

With just over two weeks to go before launch day, I am getting even more hyped for the game. The new English footage coming out is only adding to my excitement. The voices are sounding great so far.

How has everyone been enjoying the game? I have finished my first run and loved it a lot. I am starting my second save file now. The English voice acting is the best out of all the Fire Emblem games I have played and the localisation is spot on. I love how supports have full voice acting! The soundtrack is lovely. I hope they keep it up for the next game and any other remakes if any.