Has anyone else noticed...

Big Smoke

...that Zephiel has different/unique animations? They mostly involve little sword twirls and flashier attacks. I love it, as I've always hated the stock knight animations, they just look so flexible and odd. I'd throw up a video but I have no way to get one...

Guess that means you'll have to use him yourself! :P

Yeah, he does random flourishes here and there, kinda like his actual attack animation in Binding Blade. It's a pretty neat touch. I hope they add more detail to the sprites like this; stuff like Alm having a unique left-handed sprite made me happy.

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, he does random flourishes here and there, kinda like his actual attack animation in Binding Blade. It's a pretty neat touch. I hope they add more detail to the sprites like this; stuff like Alm having a unique left-handed sprite made me happy.

Does he? I haven't pulled him yet (and I want to) so I haven't noticed. I too hope they continue this, and maybe even go back and make changes to other sprites. I'll be amazed if when they add Ike they give him his Aether animation, that would be awesome to see. And if I'm not mistaken, Karel's animation are slightly different as well.

2 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Does he? I haven't pulled him yet (and I want to) so I haven't noticed. I too hope they continue this, and maybe even go back and make changes to other sprites. I'll be amazed if when they add Ike they give him his Aether animation, that would be awesome to see. And if I'm not mistaken, Karel's animation are slightly different as well.

Yup, he's the only left-handed swordsman in the game so far.

Zephiel is also the only character that I've come across whose skill activation attack art is completely different from his regular attack art instead of just having some flashy magic edited on top of it and having his mouth open up.

9 minutes ago, Oshimos said:

Zephiel is also the only character that I've come across whose skill activation attack art is completely different from his regular attack art instead of just having some flashy magic edited on top of it and having his mouth open up.

Isn't that the same for everyone by the same artist? I remember people mentioning different art for regular and special attacks with Ogma, Jagen and Gunther.

6 minutes ago, salinea said:

Isn't that the same for everyone by the same artist? I remember people mentioning different art for regular and special attacks with Ogma, Jagen and Gunther.

Possibly. I've only noticed Gunter's being different, but then again I don't use Ogma or Jagen.  I like that that artist does something different. His/her art always sticks out because it's different, AKIRA's too

2 hours ago, Oshimos said:

All characters drawn by Yamada Akihiro have that. Rebecca does, too.

2 hours ago, Oshimos said:

just having some flashy magic edited on top of it

If you look closely, most of them also have changes to lighting and shadows due to the flashy effects.

7 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I sure hope Ike does his iconic Aether animation when he procs Aether.

It makes sense. I was overjoyed when I first saw Zephiel's custom flair. He's pretty close to being one of my favourite units because of that.