Clair's redesign from Gaiden to Now

So one thing I've noticed is that Clair has perhaps the most drastic redesign over the course of the series. Her gaiden in-game design features her with Blue Hair (as seen below), while her awakening redesigned artwork as an spotpass unit and her artwork in gaidens manual has her with red hair, now with echoes and her inclusion in heroes, she has blond hair. Quite a drastic redesign for one character in my opinion (I'll be honest, I think Clairs new design looks a lot like Forte from Rune Factory 4) (Also I did not see this topic created before so if it is I'm sorry)

clair og.png

clair manual.png

clair echoes.png

I mentioned this earlier on the main site when the character was revealed. I was told it's because of genetics: Clive (her brother) has blond hair, so she should too? She could've still retained her blue/red hair and they could still be related, as one parent can have blond hair and the other can have blue/red hair. If anything, the Whitewings are one messed up genetic bunch.

I do rather like her redesigned armor, and I can't wait to see how she plays out for myself.

Ain't got nothin on Simon Belmont, but like every other redesign I dig it. I really love that they were willing to completely change hair, skin (woo!), and clothing on these old 90's designs. I'm sure a lot of people would complain if they do that with a Geneaology remake but it really needs to be done.

10 minutes ago, Power Master said:

I mentioned this earlier on the main site when the character was revealed. I was told it's because of genetics: Clive (her brother) has blond hair, so she should too? She could've still retained her blue/red hair and they could still be related, as one parent can have blond hair and the other can have blue/red hair. If anything, the Whitewings are one messed up genetic bunch.

Could be a half-sibling situation like Rolf if they ever want to explain it.

12 hours ago, Power Master said:

The Whitewings are not actually that weird. For a real life example, I am a redhead, my sister is blonde, and my brother is dark-haired (due to this and other genetic traits, we're quite frequently told that we look almost nothing alike). It can happen, especially if one or two of those hair colours are recessive genes.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

The Whitewings are not actually that weird. For a real life example, I am a redhead, my sister is blonde, and my brother is dark-haired (due to this and other genetic traits, we're quite frequently told that we look almost nothing alike). It can happen, especially if one or two of those hair colours are recessive genes.

Yeah, due to how genes work, something like the Whitewings is not implausible, even if they all have the same mother and father.

I'm a brunette with brown eyes, but have a father with blondish-gingerish hair and blue eyes.  If I have a child with a brunette woman with brown eyes, there's still a chance that the kid will have blue eyes and blonde/ginger hair because it's a recessive trait that I and possibly my partner have.  Of course, it's all more complicated than that, but essentially what I'm saying is that as long as the parents have certain recessive genes, they can have children with hair colors that don't match either of them.  And of course, there's also a chance for mutations, which, for all we know, is commonplace in the FE-verse.

And because of timeline nonsense, all the different character designs could technically be considered canon; FE Awakening has time travel, therefore there probably has been time traveling that affected Gaiden's timeline, if ever so slightly.  Which means there's probably some weird-ass timeline where Catria has dirty blonde hair and Est has blue hair.  Also Clive is apparently immune to all of this... or just refuses to change.

31 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which means there's probably some weird-ass timeline where Catria has dirty blonde hair and Est has blue hair.

And also one where Catria gets Marth.

Just kidding, that never happens.

31 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also Clive is apparently immune to all of this... or just refuses to change.

Well he was still a horrible unit for me in Shadows of Valentia, so yeah, nothing has changed there.

Anyway, all jokes aside, I rather like Clair's new look. She may be blond to be more in line with the Fire Emblem tradition of having characters like Clarine, L'arachel and Maribelle. What surprises me more is how Mathilda looked so harmless in Gaiden, whereas in Shadows of Valentia she's, I wouldn't say aggressive, but certainly more of a warrior woman and a soldier than I would've expected, which is a nice take on her!

16 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

So one thing I've noticed is that Clair has perhaps the most drastic redesign over the course of the series.

No

Atlas_Complete.png.818395e9e1ebed10a47fe1cc8ec702c5.pngAtlas.png.1bd2e8aca52fd2950eb723d560666225.png

34 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

It's nice to see that the least clothed character is a guy for once lol.

Clair and Mathilda make up for it by sitting seductively on the floors in their cells rather than sitting normally on the sturdy-looking crates behind them.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Clair and Mathilda make up for it by sitting seductively on the floors in their cells rather than sitting normally on the sturdy-looking crates behind them.

Sitting fully clothed tho :)

Now imagine those scenarios with Atlas lol

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

Sitting fully clothed tho :)

Now imagine those scenarios with Atlas lol

True! Though Clair moreso than Mathilda from that angle.

Also true. The guys in this game are jacked; I'm pretty sure you can grind cheese on Atlas and Jesse's abs.