New GHB special quests.

Clogon

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree, but I have nobody who can really help him out because the mages don't move or attack unless your units move into their range.

I actually just realised that the mages can't double Klein, not even if he's -SPD (which yours isn't anyway)--so he can tank BOTH mages! Even with -RES, if my math checks out. Do you have anyone with Hone Attack 3? If you do, set Klein at the chokepoint with the Hone Attack user behind him, then on the next turn move in and let Klein one-round the axe user. After that, both the blue and red mage should suicide on him and you've just cleared half the units off the map! You don't even need a dancer after all (though having one is great).

I'm out of stamina right now, but I can try running this scenario with my Klein later to grab some screenshots if you'd like. Mine isn't -RES, but I can do the math to make sure it'll work for yours.

Edited by azurrys

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, azurrys said:

I actually just realised that the mages can't double Klein, not even if he's -SPD (which yours isn't anyway)--so he can tank BOTH mages! Even with -RES, if my math checks out. Do you have anyone with Hone Attack 3? If you do, set Klein at the chokepoint with the Hone Attack user behind him, then on the next turn move in and let Klein one-round the axe user. After that, both the blue and red mage should suicide on him and you've just cleared half the units off the map! You don't even need a dancer after all (though having one is great).

I'm out of stamina right now, but I can try running this scenario with my Klein later to grab some screenshots if you'd like. Mine isn't -RES, but I can do the math to make sure it'll work for yours.

Yeah, 4 star Olivia gets that.

But that could work, let me see.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, 4 star Olivia gets that.

But that could work, let me see.

9e656f6dde.png

If you put your -Res Klein (IDR his +) right here, he'll:

• Take 14 damage from the Axe fighter (and of course, won't counter back)
  • Take 15 damage from the B!Mage, and hits back for 21
  • Take 15 damage from the R!Mage, and hit back for 17 (Armored Blow 2 reduces by 4)
    • * +3 to the damage if yours is +Atk, and another +3 from Hone Atk 2 from a 3* Dance from Olivia
    • -3 from the Axe Fighter if yours is +Def. 

This will kill your Klein by just a few hitpoints (assumed neutral has 40 HP, you'll take 44 damage). HOWEVER if you have the HP +3 Seal, give that to Klein, and he'll have 43 HP instead of 40, and literally any buff on Klein at this point will keep him alive. If your Klein is +HP/+Def, he'll survive without needing a Def or Res buff. I know your Freddy has Fortify Def, which will help out.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

9e656f6dde.png

• Take 15 damage from the R!Mage, and hit back for 17 (Armored Blow 2 reduces by 4)
    • * +3 to the damage if yours is +Atk, and another +3 from Hone Atk 2 from a 3* Dance from Olivia

This will kill your Klein by just a few hitpoints (assumed neutral has 40 HP, you'll take 44 damage). HOWEVER if you have the HP +3 Seal, give that to Klein, and he'll have 43 HP instead of 40, and literally any buff on Klein at this point will keep him alive. If your Klein is +HP/+Def, he'll survive without needing a Def or Res buff. I know your Freddy has Fortify Def, which will help out.

If you put Klein there, isn't it easier to just get an atk buff and kill the axe user before he even gets the chance to hit you?

Also if you can you can always use a physic healer to heal over the wall which is what I did using Sakura in order to heal my Takumi to clear it.

I've been having a blast with these new quests, while difficult and the rewards being a bit on the low side for the orbs they're still rewarding in their own right. Wether it's getting down Navarre/Robin low enough so they can get killed by a weaker unit or clearing the maps with a effective 3 units is pretty fun. Just wish we'd get more orbs for them but oh well, I ain't complaining a ignis / blue tome breaker fodder for free. Unfortunate that Navarre's 4* max skill is Threaten Speed but there are worse B skills. Can't wait for when they repeat this event with other GHB in the future

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Donnel seems to be +hp-def, the leveled Olivia is neutral and so is Robin (obviously).

The Nature on Donnel shouldn't be to helpfull though, so I think the same team with a free Donnel would perform the same.

I can confirm this. The 3* free Donnel is sufficient.

Edited by Roflolxp54

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

9e656f6dde.png

Freddy would also get steamrolled by those mages. So I'd rather keep him out of this fight.

I think my Klein is +HP, though, so good to know that can help.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

If you put Klein there, isn't it easier to just get an atk buff and kill the axe user before he even gets the chance to hit you?

And yeah, this.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well...Yes. Yes it is.

A Hone Atk 2 from 3* Olivia buffs by +3, which is exactly what a neutral Klein neesd to score the OHKO. If yours is +Atk, you don't need the buff. I don't know why i didn't think about attacking :X. Klein naturally doubles (aka Quads) the Axe though. So it's not even needed to buff. Thanks for the slap in the face; i needed that

@Anacybele, can you try that out? In this case,

• Klein on your turn, Brave quads the Axe Fighter and KOs him
    • on Enemy Phase:
      • Take 15 damage from the R!Mage, and hit back for 17*2 (Armored Blow 2 reduces by 4, but Klein is fast enough to double this one at neutral speed)
        • AI will probably do this first, to break Quick Riposte to save the B!Mage
        • Again, add +3 dmg if yours is +Atk.
  • Klein will survive with a minimum of 10 HP. Klein can then move down 1 tile (so he's left to the water) and can quad F!Robin. If yours is +Atk, you'll two-hit KO him and not take any counter damage. If yours is +HP, give him the HP+3 Seal and he'll quad and survive with 1 HP.
  • Olivia can Dance him from the Left and then Klein can retreat to the left, hiding behind Olivia, or if you have two mounted units, you could have them rush north if they are able to reach the B/R mages that survived and finish them off. If not, it's still safe to retreat. 3* Olivia may take a hit from the B!Mage, but it won't kill her.
  • Next turn, just go ham; you should be able to win with a dance on Klein letting him KO anybody on the map. Fred can still help, since Klein's sponging all the hits and killing F!Robin all by himself, leaving the Axe/Lance fighter, and one mage for Fred to probably contend with. I'm assuming that Fred, if killing the Red mage, can survive a double-WTD hit from blue and the other mooks.

*Edit,

Yours is +HP, so yea, slap that HP +3 Seal on him and let Klein own the show.

**Edit to my Edit

I didn't calculate in the Threaten Res from the Red Mage; I'm not sure how that'll impact your using Klein to kill F!Robin, but I think it might actually complicate things, by just barely letting Robin score a KO. If you're able to get an attack buff of +3 to Klein (via Olivia's Hone Atk 2, someone with Spur Atk 2/3, Sharena's Rally Attack even), then that'll let him KO F!Robin without taking a hit, and Sharena can soak up a hit or two from mages if she needs, since she has WTA against the red mage and neither will odouble her even at 4*

Edited by Elieson

Hard Mode: Robin - GHB. Using only 3 units (Pretty sure Navarre can also kill Robin if he's trained to level 40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMY4TOL05WM

Kagero/Olivia/Navarre @4*. Alfonse benefitted.

Robin vs Robin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBYo3IB81Y

(Replaced Navarre since I overtrained him; used Chrom but a level 36 Navarre is enough)

I have Navarre done with FRobin and Sharena. But they are 5* Hector/Tharja. I dont think I can do it with Sharena and FRobin tackling one map. Unfortunately. If you split them up... it isnt that hard. (Waiting for stamina regain)

Edited by Ryuke

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you refuse, makes no difference to me.

>:(

I can't stand to see people give up.....

But Elieson is helping you anyway so we shall see if you can really do this, which I'm pretty sure you can!

1 minute ago, Ryuke said:

Robin vs Robin : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBYo3IB81Y

(Replaced Navarre since I overtrained him; used Chrom but a level 36 Navarre is enough)

I can do this exact set up (I'll switch Kagero with Jaffar but I don't think that'll make a difference)!!!!!1

THANK YOU!

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Well...Yes. Yes it is.

A Hone Atk 2 from 3* Olivia buffs by +3, which is exactly what a neutral Klein neesd to score the OHKO. If yours is +Atk, you don't need the buff. I don't know why i didn't think about attacking :X. Klein naturally doubles (aka Quads) the Axe though. So it's not even needed to buff. Thanks for the slap in the face; i needed that

No problem. Apparently I didn't notice Klein naturely doubles the axe dude and thus doesn't need an attack buff...

Spoiler

My strategies always fail because of this kind of stuff.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Hide contents

My strategies always fail because of this kind of stuff.

I remember when I was a noob. Don't worry Bartozio, you'll have your day!

Spoiler

I'm actually still a noob

The Klein strategy doesn't work. He still takes too much damage to survive a hit from female Robin after I have him take care of the axe guy and blue mage.

And like I said, my Klein is +HP. So no +Atk.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The Klein strategy doesn't work. He still takes too much damage to survive a hit from female Robin after I have him take care of the axe guy and blue mage.

How much damage did he take from her? I can use that to figure something out for you. I'm super close, given the numbers you've hooked me up with.

I'm doing my math assuming Klein is 5* +Hp/-Res, and Olivia is 3* neutral (if she has natures, let me know).

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I can do this exact set up (I'll switch Kagero with Jaffar but I don't think that'll make a difference)!!!!!1

THANK YOU!

You're welcome !

I really want to attempt free unit battle. but having to carry a deadweight changes the story up.

(Figured most people have Kagero by now.. or 3*/4* of just about everyone... but not everyone)

Edited by Ryuke

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

How much damage did he take from her? I can use that to figure something out for you. I'm super close, given the numbers you've hooked me up with.

I'm doing my math assuming Klein is 5* +Hp/-Res, and Olivia is 3* neutral (if she has natures, let me know).

Klein had 13 HP left. She did 14 damage.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No. I gave it to someone else.

You can take it off of someone, and give it to Klein temporarily, then give it back later. Do this, and Klein will survive & KO F!Robin.

Here's a free units clear for the Robin mirror match mission:

Since I don't actually have Matthew, I may have to use my Laslow as a substitute for Hone Spd 2. (EDIT: doesn't work as Reciprocal Aid actually affects enemy AI).

Navarre near ditto (gonna try to see if I can pull this off using free units).

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

You can take it off of someone, and give it to Klein temporarily, then give it back later. Do this, and Klein will survive & KO F!Robin.

I know that. But I also just remembered that the red mage would've just taken Klein out after since he was close enough.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you read you can just kill the axe user after an attack buff?

@Elieson Klein doesn't quadruple, because of the brave effect (-5 spd).

Spoiler

I'd like to take back how I was wrong as well then. Although I was wrong about that, so never mind.

Also, @Arcanite Thanks for cheering me up I guess.

Spoiler

Especially the noob part :dry:

I usually manage in the end, just takes some more tries then what would have been neccesary.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know that. But I also just remembered that the red mage would've just taken Klein out after since he was close enough.

OK. I've planned out the majority of your map;

*Edit I didn't calculate in the Brave -5 Spd when tackling F!Robin. I may need a bit more time to iron this strategy out

58dc5ba434.png

fba55dc0c1.png

Klein will survive with 16 HP

R!Mage will survive with 19 HP

B!Mage will survive with 15 HP

After that, (this next part is two steps). Have Klein attack, then have Olivia dance, and move 3 out of the way so Klein can go there

d6fd2e6193.png

3* Lv40 Neutral nature Olivia should survive with 9 HP

From here,

ec4b8b2810.png

From here, 

5c807d7c27.png

Have Klein go next to Olivia and let him kill the Red Mage. Then, Dance him and have him bolt back to behind Olivia. After that, send Fred over and let him obliterate the Blue Mage. The only threat left is teh Lance fighter, who can't possibly kill Fred. You cannot lose at this point.

@Arcanite The Olivia Hone Atk 2 buff invalidates my Quad v AxeFighter argument. Shoot, I hope I didn't miscalc anything else here.

Edited by Elieson

15 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Did you read you can just kill the axe user after an attack buff?

Yeah, I had Klein kill the axe guy.

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

OK. I've planned out the majority of your map;

*Edit I didn't calculate in the Brave -5 Spd when tackling F!Robin. I may need a bit more time to iron this strategy out

Hide contents

58dc5ba434.png

fba55dc0c1.png

Klein will survive with 16 HP

R!Mage will survive with 19 HP

B!Mage will survive with 15 HP

After that, (this next part is two steps). Have Klein attack, then have Olivia dance, and move 3 out of the way so Klein can go there

d6fd2e6193.png

3* Lv40 Neutral nature Olivia should survive with 9 HP

From here,

ec4b8b2810.png

From here, 

5c807d7c27.png

Have Klein go next to Olivia and let him kill the Red Mage. Then, Dance him and have him bolt back to behind Olivia. After that, send Fred over and let him obliterate the Blue Mage. The only threat left is teh Lance fighter, who can't possibly kill Fred. You cannot lose at this point.

@Arcanite The Olivia Hone Atk 2 buff invalidates my Quad v AxeFighter argument. Shoot, I hope I didn't miscalc anything else here.

Except 4 star Olivia gets Hone Atk 3? And I of course gave it to her? So if Arcanite is telling you my Olivia only has Hone Atk 2, he's wrong.

I'll see what I can do once my stamina returns,