New GHB special quests.

Clogon

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

*glances over the spreadsheet* Your Rebecca will leave Hard Mode Navarre with 2 HP unless he has a Def buff up (and even then, Hone/Rally Atk is a thing). I'll have to run numbers & stuff to see if you can viably put a team together to work with those two. Not gonna lie, my first instinct is to make a single swap of Sully→Rebecca, not 100% sure though.

Well, Robin doesn't need to KO Navarre. She just needs to be there... 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Well, Robin doesn't need to KO Navarre. She just needs to be there... 

Oh. I was thinking of the wrong quest then, whoops (thought you meant the one where F!Robin has to KO a Navarre for an Orb). Pretty sure you can use the same team & basic strategy, just have Sully KO Navarre and get Olivia to dance her out of the way. Unless their movement patterns change due to using F!Robin over Navarre? Edit: or did you also want to get the orb one out of the way at the same time?

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Oh. I was thinking of the wrong quest then, whoops (thought you meant the one where F!Robin has to KO a Navarre for an Orb). Pretty sure you can use the same team & basic strategy, just have Sully KO Navarre and get Olivia to dance her out of the way. Unless their movement patterns change due to using F!Robin over Navarre?

Yeah, that happened... The Assassin's cut to the chase and obliterate poor Takumi on the first enemy phase.

15 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah, that happened... The Assassin's cut to the chase and obliterate poor Takumi on the first enemy phase.

Wait...what? Of all the things that could go differently, that shouldn't be one of them, I don't think...as long as the same conditions (Atk +1 Seal, Hone Atk buff active, standing next to Sully) are met.

Just went and tried it. It's actually a little bit different...after Sully beats Navarre up a bit, and the Axe Fighter hits him up with Ardent Sacrifice, you'll actually want to have Takumi KO him with Olivia assistance while Sully and F!Robin move to safety. That way, his Vengeance gets charged and he gets Threaten Spd on the Axe on the next Player Phase.

lmk if you're still having troubles with it and I can add something more in-depth.

I have two questions for you wonderful people: to be super useful in these maps, does Kagero need to be 5*?

And, considering I don't have Kagero whatsoever (my brother does), any advice on a team to beat the Navarre lunatic map?

My leveled (40 or almost) units:

5*: Caeda, Ephraim, Hawkeye, Minerva, Camilla, Nino, Takumi, Cordelia 

4*: Stahl, Reinhardt, Frederick, Cecilia, Lissa, Clarine, Tharja, Subaki, Beruka, Palla, Olivia

Also, I have yet to acquire the 4* Navarre - should I focus on getting him before I try to kill him with himself? 

Edited by Nyaoista

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Wait...what? Of all the things that could go differently, that shouldn't be one of them, I don't think...as long as the same conditions (Atk +1 Seal, Hone Atk buff active, standing next to Sully) are met.

Just went and tried it. It's actually a little bit different...after Sully beats Navarre up a bit, and the Axe Fighter hits him up with Ardent Sacrifice, you'll actually want to have Takumi KO him with Olivia assistance while Sully and F!Robin move to safety. That way, his Vengeance gets charged and he gets Threaten Spd on the Axe on the next Player Phase.

lmk if you're still having troubles with it and I can add something more in-depth.

You got it. Thank you!

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

You got it. Thank you!

Congrats, and happy to be of assistance =) .

5 hours ago, Nyaoista said:

I have two questions for you wonderful people: to be super useful in these maps, does Kagero need to be 5*?

And, considering I don't have Kagero whatsoever (my brother does), any advice on a team to beat the Navarre lunatic map?

My leveled (40 or almost) units:

5*: Caeda, Ephraim, Hawkeye, Minerva, Camilla, Nino, Takumi, Cordelia 

4*: Stahl, Reinhardt, Frederick, Cecilia, Lissa, Clarine, Tharja, Subaki, Beruka, Palla, Olivia

Also, I have yet to acquire the 4* Navarre - should I focus on getting him before I try to kill him with himself? 

Do you have boons, banes, and any important skill inherited on those units (mostly interested in the non-healers)? It's possible to KO Lunatic Navarre with his 3* self, it's just a matter of putting together a team for it. Particularly, you'd need someone that can weaken Navarre, leaving him with a really small amount of HP, and someone who can deal with the Thieves.

Edited by LordFrigid

@LordFrigid

Ephraim: -HP/+Def, Caeda: +Atk/-Res, Hawkeye: +Spd/-Res, Minerva: +HP/-Res, Camilla: neutral, Nino: +HP/-Atk, Takumi: +HP/-Res (wow I'm out of luck against mages XD)

Cordelia is level 35 so I don't think I can check her yet?

Stahl: +HP/-Def, Reinhardt: -Spd/+Res, Frederick: -HP/+Atk, Cecilia: +HP/-Res, Tharja: -Atk/+Def, Subaki: +HP/-Atk, Beruka: -HP/+Def, Olivia: neutral, Palla: -Atk/+Def, Lissa: neutral, Clarine: -Spd/+Res

-saves all that somewhere to avoid re-researching- @_@

I don't think I've inherited anything noteworthy? Takumi has vantage lol.

Also, since I need to beat this with F!Robin also, if I do that first, I can train up 4* Navarre to kill himself...

Edited by Nyaoista

@Nyaoista Train up Cordelia. Use Olivia, Takumi, Cordelia and F!Robin. First use Takumi to bait out the right dagger and kill in return fire. Navarre and peeps will move down. Use Cordelia and Olivia dance to kill both Navarre and the dagger in same turn. That leaves the axe and healer. Use Olivia and Takumi to kill the axe. Kill healer with whoever. 

On 4/27/2017 at 0:08 AM, Kiran said:

Okay! I got it! Switch Abel with Hana (make sure she has LD2 equipped) and an ATK seal. Gordin needs HP seal. Gordin goes to the left tree kills dagger. Gets danced to safety. Next turn he kills other dagger and with Dance can chip Navarre, Hana can kill Navarre. That leaves the axe which is doable now with Hana. Hopefully this one works as I tested it myself (and I'm hoping the IVs don't make enough of a difference for AI movement to change)

For reference: 

Hide contents

Yes finally did it on my main account! Thanks a lot @Kiran and @pianime94!

For the Robin mission, since my Hana didn't have an Attack boon and couldn't kill Navarre, I decided to use Lyn instead. The enemies moved slightly differently but thank goodness Lyn has Galeforce! The final turn was her killing the axe guy with her Sol Katti effect (she was in red HP), then killing the healer and then after a Dance finishing off Navarre himself! 

For the Navarre vs Navarre mission, I used Sharena as inspired from @pianime94's strategy but still kept Gordin for the thieves. Sharena with a +1 Speed seal is so great- she survives both Navarre and the ninja (and after a mistake, I found out she can even survive 1 round of the axe guy!) I forgot the details since the battle went fast but everyone except Robin had single digit HP left.

Now i just need to do my second account- been training a 4 star Donnel and Navarre.

By the way, what do you use to record your battles?

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

By the way, what do you use to record your battles?

I use Google gameplay recording since it came preinstalled on my phone. It works but has an annoying icon thats unremovable while recording. I do know that a lot of people who record use an emulator and just record off thier laptop.

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

I use Google gameplay recording since it came preinstalled on my phone. It works but has an annoying icon thats unremovable while recording. I do know that a lot of people who record use an emulator and just record off thier laptop.

Oh okay, mine is Apple so I guess I can't use that haha

Beat the missions with my second account now

For bringing F!Robin, I based it on mkv's strategy so I had 4 star Donnel, 4 star Olivia, 3 star F!Robin (who did nothing) and 5 star neutral Lucina (instead of my 4 star Navarre, because them being 4 stars probably changed enemy movements). Lucina was there mostly to clean up after Donnel killed the thieves.

For Navarre vs. Shadow Navarre, I used Donnel, Olivia, Navarre and 5 star Reinhardt (him being -Atk actually helps in this case to soften up Navarre enough for Navarre to kill). This one took longer to figure out after different team changes but I have to say, I love using AoE skills in these Grand Hero Battles and used them to clean up axe guy/healer after Navarre triumph against his own shadow. Donnel's Reciprocal Aid was also clutch to keep Navarre healthy. 

Is Takumi supposed to kill the dagger first turn? Because he's definitely not...

He's having trouble with the axe too.

Ugh I don't know if it's just my phone but I can't figure out how to quote and the tagging thing isn't working, hah. x.x

Edited by Nyaoista

13 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Is Takumi supposed to kill the dagger first turn? Because he's definitely not...

He's having trouble with the axe too.

Ugh I don't know if it's just my phone but I can't figure out how to quote and the tagging thing isn't working, hah. x.x

Takumi stands in the trees to bait the dagger, he kills the right dagger on the second player phase (with Vengeance). It might be better to dance him to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right corner of the map. It ensures that the axe stays a bit further away from the rest of your team. 

Edited by Kiran

@Kiran  After a bit of trial and error, I managed to get it! (Takumi wasn't doubling the axe some times, and I'm not entirely sure why.)

Thank you!

Any ideas who might weaken Navarre enough for my to land the kill with Navarre? x.x

I'm having trouble with clearing Navarre's GHB map with RobinF in my party. Any advice? I've got plenty of good units, I'm just terrible at strategery I guess orz

Here's my highest leveled units, for reference. I can provide their IVs too if I need to

68omVfb.jpg

Alright, I think I'll ask again. Just Navarre's harder missions left, and the only changes of note are that Navarre, Springcina, Eirika and FRobin are also level 40 now.

So, I'm trying to figure out both how to defeat Navarre with himself and finish, as well as defeat him with a Draw Back/Hone Att bot (aka F!Robin) in tow. Not at the same time, because that's just insane. (I do have Azura and Hector too, if that might be worth it but they're level 20)

Spoiler

Roster removed, missions accomplished at the time.

Edited by Dayni

54 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

@Kiran  After a bit of trial and error, I managed to get it! (Takumi wasn't doubling the axe some times, and I'm not entirely sure why.)

Thank you!

Any ideas who might weaken Navarre enough for my to land the kill with Navarre? x.x

Cordelia should be able to work if you unequip triangle adept. Assuming she's not +atk

Does anyone have some advice for the Navarre and Robin battles on their harder difficulties?  Is it feasible to run them with both Navarre and Robin in my teams (to get the quest bonuses), or should I make two separate runs?  Also, what teams should I use?  My characters 35 and up are:

40 Eliwood 4-Star +DEF/-RES

40 M. Corrin 5-Star +HP/-DEF

40 Tharja 5-Star Neutral

40 Camilla 5-Star +RES/-SPD

40 Merric 5-Star  +DEF/-HP

40 Ursula 5-Star Neutral

40 F Robin 4-Star Neutral

40 Navarre 4-Star Neutral

40 Serra 4-Star +RES/-SPD (Slow, Def +2, Live to Serve 1)

40 Sharena 5-Star Neutral (Glacies, Triangle Adept 3, Poison Strike 1)

38 Cecilia 4-Star +DEF/-RES

38 Ogma 5-Star +ATK/-RES

37 Palla 3-Star +SPD/-DEF

36 Matthew 4-Star +ATK/-SPD

36 Sophia 4-Star +RES/-DEF

35 Cherche 4-Star +RES/-ATK

35 Catria 4-Star +ATK/-SPD

35 Fir 4-Star +HP/-RES

35 Subaki 3-Star +SPD/-ATK

35 Est 3-Star Neutral

4 Olivia 3-Star (Just in case Dance is required)

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!  I'm really hoping it's not impossible with my units, as that's four free units and two free orbs I'd be missing out on, but if it can't be done it can't be done.

Edited by JJ48

5 hours ago, Kon said:

I'm having trouble with clearing Navarre's GHB map with RobinF in my party. Any advice? I've got plenty of good units, I'm just terrible at strategery I guess orz

Here's my highest leveled units, for reference. I can provide their IVs too if I need to

68omVfb.jpg

Reinhardt + a dancer is a big benefit. I had him killing key targets + tanking Navarre. I kept his default special on so he wouldn't accidentally kill Navarre when I was trying to weaken him down to critical levels for my own Navarre (got him down to 2 HP, Fem!Robin would get the kill there as well).

Kagero should also be in there for sure. I don't know for sure if a 4* version is good enough (I don't have any version), but a 5* can almost solo that map herself. Gives you another option for thief killing. I'd be using Ninian to get Kagero into the bushes on the very far bottom right where only one enemy thief can attack her at first. Ideally she'll live through it, I honestly don't know. If she can't do it I'd try with Hector. Another mage might work but only if they're on foot and have a Raven tome + TA to reduce the incoming dagger damage.

On 29/04/2017 at 7:40 PM, Nyaoista said:

(...)

I did all the Navarre maps with a 4* lvl 40+1 Kagero, without any inherited skills. I used Elise to refresh Kagero whenever she had to take a hit from these &#%! ninjas. I used Reinhardt to handle Navarre, then I had to switch to Palla for the Navarre mirror quest, because Reinhardt would not leave anything for Navarre to kill.

I had a 4* Navarre at level 34 for the mirror quest, and that was barely enough. He did something like 4 damage out of the box and would have been smoked out by a counter, so I had to be extra careful when planning its self-murder attempt. Kagero softened him, then Elise with Pain brought him in the desired HP range.

JJ48, for Robin F quest I would recommend doing them seperate.  Using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6i86JQr7w

For Robin F I did variant run of the videos first attempt with the double dance.  Where I replace Hana with my 5* LV40 Corrin M, my Robin F is 5* LV40, and the one LV40 3* Olivia who is tanking hits with HP+3 seal.  This change how the AI responded thou.  In the video instead of the red mage attacking hana it will attack Olivia instead right of the water and Robin will attack bottom of the water and the Blue spear will hang around enemy Robin F.  Olivia will survive that and I think she can take one more Robin F attack.  So after that enemy phase.  Corrin M kills the Red Mage.   Have your Robin F go on a killing spree abusing dance killing  Green Ax and the blue spear.  With the next turn double killing Robin F.  With that run your second just needs Dance.  Doesn't matter the level since she be well safe but the one has to be LV40.

If that works you can do variant runs using a green flier for Navarre.  Where you can try using your Camilla instead of the fliers they have video.  Granted if you do the AI patterns will chance aswell.  So be prepare to respond to the changes

22 hours ago, Kiran said:

Cordelia should be able to work if you unequip triangle adept. Assuming she's not +atk

This works damage-wise, but without F!Robin over on the left, Navarre moves towards Takumi and it all becomes a big mess lol.