New GHB special quests.

Clogon

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Seems like the Gordin method isn't exactly working, he needs an Atk+1 seal to KO the thief after rogue dagger buffs but no matter what I do, he gets caught out by the healer who doubles him in return. If i had hp+3 he would survive but then he wouldn't have KOed the thief. i could use Olivia to dance him out of the way of the healer but either she is in range of the other thief or Abel needs a dance to get away from the axe user.

might have to sacrifice my only Henry for Sophia if worse comes to worse- is Triangle adept 1 enough for her? Need to train her up, too..

oh a new mkv vid? Might have to check that out after work. Or the Palla and Sharena one since they are at level 40 already :O

Why is Gordin getting hit by the healer? The healer should not be able to reach Gordin after he kills the dagger?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gordin goes to the very far right and kills the thief, the healer can move down and kill him

if it's the tree on the column before the far right (not on top of mountain) the axe prevents the healer from loving downward. I can then dance Gordin to safety.

however i think i'm getting position wrong on the left side of the map after this. Abel leaves Poison Strike thief with 2 HP if he is not next to Olivia. (olivia was below the tree Gordin was in to dance hik out of the way). Gordin can kill the other thief instead af least and Abel can kill Navarre fine but he is left in range with the axe guy.

now there is a new problem of Abel being in range of the axe guy no matter who he targets. So close but I have to wait after work to attempt this strat again

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If Gordin goes to the very far right and kills the thief, the healer can move down and kill him

if it's the tree on the column before the far right (not on top of mountain) the axe prevents the healer from loving downward. I can then dance Gordin to safety.

however i think i'm getting position wrong on the left side of the map after this. Abel leaves Poison Strike thief with 2 HP if he is not next to Olivia. (olivia was below the tree Gordin was in to dance hik out of the way). Gordin can kill the other thief instead af least and Abel can kill Navarre fine but he is left in range with the axe guy.

now there is a new problem of Abel being in range of the axe guy no matter who he targets. So close but I have to wait after work to attempt this strat again

The healer should not be able to hit Gordin as the healer is blocked by a tree? 

Now this Navarre vs Navarre is the only quest I have left, I was able to finish the FRobin ones thans to HP seal on Takumi, and he and Oboro did all the job on Navarre, and Leo with FRobin.

On 24/4/2017 at 6:42 PM, Kiran said:

I would go with Lyn (assuming not -ATK), Takumi, Olivia, and Navarre (once you trained him up)

Turn 1: Takumi gets danced to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right side of the map where he can bait the dagger. Lyn goes to the left most side of the map above the mountain. Navarre goes bottom right diagonal from her.

Turn 2: Takumi kills the dagger with Vengence. Olivia moves bottom right diagonal from your Navarre.

Turn 3: Takumi chips enemy Navarre. Gets danced to safety. Lyn and your Navarre kills the other dagger

Turn 4: Everyone teams up against enemy Navarre. Make sure your Navarre gets the killing blow

Turn 5+: Just kill the green axe and healer with Lyn and Takumi

I try this, but somehow I couldn't do it, looks that I left everyone in the wrong positions, but I was able to notice that Navarre still can't damage himself, do you know which is the minimum of lv he can have for this to work? (Lyn is +Atk -HP, maybe she will need the seal?)

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Now this Navarre vs Navarre is the only quest I have left, I was able to finish the FRobin ones thans to HP seal on Takumi, and he and Oboro did all the job on Navarre, and Leo with FRobin.

I try this, but somehow I couldn't do it, looks that I left everyone in the wrong positions, but I was able to notice that Navarre still can't damage himself, do you know which is the minimum of lv he can have for this to work? (Lyn is +Atk -HP, maybe she will need the seal?)

Enemy Navarre has 24 def. Lyn with + atk does 23 dmg. Neutral Takumi with Olivia's buff does 26 damage. 4 * Navarre does 12 dmg (but by the time he attacks, Navarre has 2 hp so what does it matter?). Where did you go wrong?

17 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Enemy Navarre has 24 def. Lyn with + atk does 23 dmg. Neutral Takumi with Olivia's buff does 26 damage. 4 * Navarre does 12 dmg (but by the time he attacks, Navarre has 2 hp so what does it matter?). Where did you go wrong?

Takumi was too far away, and enemy Navarre was blocking the path to Ninja, so, Ninja was able to attack and do damage to Lyn, leaving Navarre to kill her. Also, Navarre need more levels since right now he still does 0 damage, he needs to be lv40 to survive, right?

8 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Takumi was too far away, and enemy Navarre was blocking the path to Ninja, so, Ninja was able to attack and do damage to Lyn, leaving Navarre to kill her. Also, Navarre need more levels since right now he still does 0 damage, he needs to be lv40 to survive, right?

Here is a potato quality video I made for you. Replace my Roy with your Lyn. 

Spoiler

Edited by Kiran

44 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Aah! I see now where it was my error! I lvup Navarre a bit more, he is now lv34, if I try your positions, Navarre goes agains himselfs intead of Takumi, so,, I will lv him up to 40 and see if Navarre get more interest on Takumi.

Thank you, I will keep trying tomorrow since I ran out of stamina right now

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Reveal hidden contents

32 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Aah! I see now where it was my error! I lvup Navarre a bit more, he is now lv34, if I try your positions, Navarre goes agains himselfs intead of Takumi, so,, I will lv him up to 40 and see if Navarre get more interest on Takumi.

Thank you, I will keep trying tomorrow since I ran out of stamina right now

idk if he will, I had another go at it, and Navarre still went left instead of towards Takumi on the Turn 3 EP. It should still be doable, I think, as long as Navarre is behind the thief, because Lyn can eat two hits from Navarre...I could've sworn that Navarre somehow ended up in front of the thief on my first try yesterday, but I doubt the AI would do two different things in the same situation...so I must have screwed up somewhere D: .

fwiw, turn 4+ of that run:

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

Well, I've finished the ones I care about (being the ones that give out orbs). I got bored of leveling my Nabarl and Robin, so they're still only about level 30.

But that was enough.

Now back to getting Catria some kills. :-/

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

idk if he will, I had another got at it, and Navarre still went left instead of towards Takumi on the Turn 3 EP. It should still be doable, I think, as long as Navarre is behind the thief, because Lyn can eat two hits from Navarre...I could've sworn that Navarre somehow ended up in front of the thief on my first try yesterday, but I doubt the AI would do two different things in the same situation...so I must have screwed up somewhere D: .

fwiw, turn 4+ of that run:

Hide contents

The reason why Navarre moves towards Lyn is because your Olivia isn't +spd. Her speed is low enough to get doubled by his duplicate, and with lower def then Takumi, she pulls aggro....

Edited by Kiran

12 minutes ago, Kiran said:

The reason why Navarre moves towards Lyn is because your Navarre is lv 38. His speed is low enough to get doubled by his duplicate, and with lower def then Takumi, he pulls aggro. 

So a 3* Navarre would have the same effect, right? Though...I guess it doesn't matter, since it's doable either way.

8 hours ago, Kiran said:

The healer should not be able to hit Gordin as the healer is blocked by a tree? 

After Gordin kills thief, healer moves down and doesn't reach yet. But if Gordin is on rightmost square he is trapped by the healer, who can either move to trees to attack him or if Gordin moves left, is still in range. 

I need him to move back to Navarre's side quickly to deal with Poison Strike thief. Abel can't KO the thief without Olivia's Hone Attack so it's like Olivia needs to be two places at once.

i did however change things slightly where Gordin only baits the thief in the tree 2nd to the right edge. Then Olivia can dance him so he can kill the second thief while Abel kills Navarre. Olivia then moves in front of Gordin to dance Abel out of axe guy's way. She can take 1 hit from axe guy at least.

now the axe guy is the last problem. He's too buff for Gordin to kill even with a dance. Failing to kill just means healer can use Physic on him. Gordin gets doubled, Olivia can't take another hit and Abel can't do anything. Female robin can do 8 damage but she gets doubled on enemy turn.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

After Gordin kills thief, healer moves down and doesn't reach yet. But if Gordin is on rightmost square he is trapped by the healer, who can either move to trees to attack him or if Gordin moves left, is still in range. 

I need him to move back to Navarre's side quickly to deal with Poison Strike thief. Abel can't KO the thief without Olivia's Hone Attack so it's like Olivia needs to be two places at once.

i did however change things slightly where Gordin only baits the thief in the tree 2nd to the right edge. Then Olivia can dance him so he can kill the second thief while Abel kills Navarre. Olivia then moves in front of Gordin to dance Abel out of axe guy's way. She can take 1 hit from axe guy at least.

now the axe guy is the last problem. He's too buff for Gordin to kill even with a dance. Failing to kill just means healer can use Physic on him. Gordin gets doubled, Olivia can't take another hit and Abel can't do anything. Female robin can do 8 damage but she gets doubled on enemy turn.

Okay! I got it! Switch Abel with Hana (make sure she has LD2 equipped) and an ATK seal. Gordin needs HP seal. Gordin goes to the left tree kills dagger. Gets danced to safety. Next turn he kills other dagger and with Dance can chip Navarre, Hana can kill Navarre. That leaves the axe which is doable now with Hana. Hopefully this one works as I tested it myself (and I'm hoping the IVs don't make enough of a difference for AI movement to change)

For reference: 

Spoiler

Edited by Kiran

Alright, been stuck with F!Robin (Was stuck before too, but even now I still don't know what to use for that) and not looking forward to doing the Navarre related quests, so I decided to ask for some advice on figuring out who to use out of what I have.

Mostly just need general advice on who to use to get the quests relating to F!Robin Hard and Navarre Lunatic as I got the other 4 done already. (Do have feathers to promote, but if I can get away with not doing that, that'd be good as well)

Edit: Roster removed

Edited by Dayni

15 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Progress report, madame guinea pig?

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos @ILikeKirbys @LordFrigid

I was horribly distracted by the Ike story chapter :P. Though Navarre is almost ready to fight himself now because of it (he's at 18DEF, and someone said at least 20). Can't do anything atm either, since i'm out of stamina... again.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos @ILikeKirbys @LordFrigid

I was horribly distracted by the Ike story chapter :P. Though Navarre is almost ready to fight himself now because of it (he's at 18DEF, and someone said at least 20). Can't do anything atm either, since i'm out of stamina... again.

All we can do is wait.

But it's good that you're almost there :P

Also, is Navarre vs. Navarre the last thing you have to do or is there something else you got to do?

Just now, Arcanite said:

All we can do is wait.

But it's good that you're almost there :P

Also, is Navarre vs. Navarre the last thing you have to do or is there something else you got to do?

F!Robin on the map on lunatic. :l she doesnt have to do anything, she just gotta be there.

35 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

F!Robin on the map on lunatic. :l she doesnt have to do anything, she just gotta be there.

I wrote this a while back but it should still be applicable here hopefully, though you don't need her trained up between having two other ranged and a dancer.

Robin 3HKO's Robin while avoiding the Ignis proc assuming 4* 40, I think training her up is a good idea. Personally, the strategy I used was a hi-Res ranged unit that could KO the axe fighter in one round, so they only need to take two hits from the mages on enemy phase. I'd say Julia or Nino, but one of the mages is red and would do 11 damage against neutral Julia and at most 22 to Nino if -Res.

Julia can ORKO the axe fighter assuming neutral with the Speed Seal and a Speed-buff, which also helps her avoid getting doubled by the mages, conveniently enough. From there you need only get rid of the red mage and the rest of the map shouldn't cause you too much trouble.

Preliminary team: Robin (F) / Julia / Olivia / Red Mage Killer. Giving somebody Spur Spd for Julia should do the trick.

More later if you need it.

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wrote this a while back but it should still be applicable here hopefully, though you don't need her trained up between having two other ranged and a dancer.

Robin 3HKO's Robin while avoiding the Ignis proc assuming 4* 40, I think training her up is a good idea. Personally, the strategy I used was a hi-Res ranged unit that could KO the axe fighter in one round, so they only need to take two hits from the mages on enemy phase. I'd say Julia or Nino, but one of the mages is red and would do 11 damage against neutral Julia and at most 22 to Nino if -Res.

Julia can ORKO the axe fighter assuming neutral with the Speed Seal and a Speed-buff, which also helps her avoid getting doubled by the mages, conveniently enough. From there you need only get rid of the red mage and the rest of the map shouldn't cause you too much trouble.

Preliminary team: Robin (F) / Julia / Olivia / Red Mage Killer. Giving somebody Spur Spd for Julia should do the trick.

Can confirm strats of this kind works. My Julia is +Speed and Darting Blow though so she handles everyone but Robin. I think my strat ended up using somewhere around level 30 Palla whose Unbuffed attack is EXACTLY enough to put F RObin into 1 HP

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sorry i meant for the Navarre map.

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

idk if he will, I had another go at it, and Navarre still went left instead of towards Takumi on the Turn 3 EP. It should still be doable, I think, as long as Navarre is behind the thief, because Lyn can eat two hits from Navarre...I could've sworn that Navarre somehow ended up in front of the thief on my first try yesterday, but I doubt the AI would do two different things in the same situation...so I must have screwed up somewhere D: .

In my case, Navarre always stand first, and then the thief, so I can't kill the thief, leaving everyone vulnerable to him specially Navarre and Olivia

Darn, it looks that I have no luck with this, gotta better try the other orbs quest then

8 hours ago, Kiran said:

Okay! I got it! Switch Abel with Hana (make sure she has LD2 equipped) and an ATK seal. Gordin needs HP seal. Gordin goes to the left tree kills dagger. Gets danced to safety. Next turn he kills other dagger and with Dance can chip Navarre, Hana can kill Navarre. That leaves the axe which is doable now with Hana. Hopefully this one works as I tested it myself (and I'm hoping the IVs don't make enough of a difference for AI movement to change)

For reference: 

Reveal hidden contents

My Hana misses the KO on Navarre- she only does 22 damage so she is left with single digit HP with LoD 2. Is there something I'm missing? Is yours +Atk?

edit: ah! I noticed i have a spare 3 star Barst for Spur Attack fodder-maybe i'll just give it to Robin then to add attack for Hana? (And whenever i need to replace her with Navarre, Hana missing the KO is good although she'll have red health.

@pianime94 i also tried your way but how did you get the right hand thief to stay on the right for so long? In my go, he leaves that spot earlier so he reaches Palla after she kills the other thief- softening Palla up with Moonbow before Axe guy kills her.

@Ice Dragon what star is your Sophia? I have a 4 star one in my other account,is it doable with just normal Red Raven Tome? What's the least amount of Triangle Adept I can give her- does it have to be 3? (Actually used my last orb hunting Ike and somehow summoned a -Spd Roy instead buuut never had a Roy before so might try to use him. Would A lower level TA from Selena work?)

work's stuffing up my plans to grind for the week :(

Edited by mcsilas

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

what star is your Sophia? I have a 4 star one in my other account,is it doable with just normal Red Raven Tome? What's the least amount of Triangle Adept I can give her- does it have to be 3? (Actually used my last orb hunting Ike and somehow summoned a -Spd Roy instead buuut never had a Roy before so might try to use him. Would A lower level TA from Selena work?)

Mine is 5 stars. You'll want to run the calcs to see if you can survive all of the enemies she needs to tank. I think she needs to take a round of combat from the thief, cleric, and hammerman and kill the thief and hammerman in two? rounds of combat each.