New GHB special quests.

Clogon

FINALLY! I beat Navarre vs. Navarre while F!Robin tags a long using Mkv's strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Pu6ijtwIM.

Finally part is more of having to train Donnel, Navarre, and Olivia. Was a bit worried that because Olivia and F!Robin were 4*, the AI would react differently, but nope, same thing happened except I used Olivia to KO the axe fighter -- she's level 39, so why not, more exp --, F!Robin did more damage on the axe fighter, and Navarre only finished off the cleric and himself. I did drop Olivia's Moonbow and reequipped her Silver Sword -- Ruby Sword plus Moonbow is pretty good on Olivia -- and as the strategy showed, had to drop her Hone Attack 3 so Donnel wouldn't accidentally kill Navarre and F!Robin had to drop back to Gronnwolf since Gronnraven+ probably would have made the colorless units go away from her which would have screwed everything over. Didn't have to promote Navarre or Donnel or fuss about the fact +Atk, -Res 4* Subaki would have killed Navarre if he had Hone Attack 3.

That leaves the F!Robin quests of using Navarre. That should be easy... I hope. Just gotta make sure he kills F!Robin, doesn't die to the lance fighter, and nobody else dies.

Random bit: F!Robin's "Naruhodo" is really cute.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2017 at 5:00 AM, mcsilas said:

My Hana misses the KO on Navarre- she only does 22 damage so she is left with single digit HP with LoD 2. Is there something I'm missing? Is yours +Atk?

edit: ah! I noticed i have a spare 3 star Barst for Spur Attack fodder-maybe i'll just give it to Robin then to add attack for Hana? (And whenever i need to replace her with Navarre, Hana missing the KO is good although she'll have red health.

@pianime94 i also tried your way but how did you get the right hand thief to stay on the right for so long? In my go, he leaves that spot earlier so he reaches Palla after she kills the other thief- softening Palla up with Moonbow before Axe guy kills her.

I'm fairly sure the ninja is focused on killing Palla since she has the lowest hp of the bunch at the time. Maybe because of that?

I, at last, success to do the Lunatic Robin Grand Battle. Just needed to give to the Nino I have Chilling Wind and Desperation. And use Eirika.

I have done, with it, the quest with Navarre... now I just need to try with F!Robin. But that's a relief.

Edit, okay, that's done. Quest finished. I'm so happy !

Edited by Ledrert

6 hours ago, pianime94 said:

I'm fairly sure the ninja is focused on killing Palla since she has the lowest hp of the bunch at the time. Maybe because of that?

Oh, my Palla is Defense boon so she has 25 HP left after the initial baiting. Maybe that's why the thief moves every time.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh, my Palla is Defense boon so she has 25 HP left after the initial baiting. Maybe that's why the thief moves every time.

He probably figured that he won't be able to ORK her, so he just went away. Time to de-equip Sharena's def buff (or use different initial position).

Edited by pianime94

On 4/26/2017 at 11:52 AM, Arcanite said:

All we can do is wait.

But it's good that you're almost there :P

Also, is Navarre vs. Navarre the last thing you have to do or is there something else you got to do?

23 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ahhh, so sorry.

We'll get to work on that, we have some information sorted out already.

Navarre is now level 34. We're getting really really close. 19 DEF god dammit just. increase. please. XD

Finally got Kagero back up to level 38 and Navarre to 37, so I tried it again. Azura/Sakura/Navarre/Kagero (5*)

Did the usual kagero strat of getting her into the trees to take care of 90% of the map. She wasn't fast enough to kill the axe, but that's what azura was for. Sakura was here for heals an a defense boost. Good thing too, the math worked such that at one point she had a single hitpoint left after the mage. Worked out great though, because Kagero had her special charged and got Navarre down to 9 HP, letting mine kill him with ease.

I should be able to do it again with FRobin but I don't think I'll bother. 

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Navarre is now level 34. We're getting really really close. 19 DEF god dammit just. increase. please. XD

One step closer ladies and gentlemen!

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I should be able to do it again with FRobin but I don't think I'll bother. 

You can run the normal difficulty story map to kill Navarre with Robin because there is no level requirement for that mission.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can run the normal difficulty story map to kill Navarre with Robin because there is no level requirement for that mission.

Oh sorry, I meant the quests for the extra Navarres. The bring FRobin to Lunatic Navarre map. Navarre vs Navarre was the last orb I needed

19 hours ago, Kaden said:

FINALLY! I beat Navarre vs. Navarre while F!Robin tags a long using Mkv's strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Pu6ijtwIM.

Trying to engineer a way to do this as well as I raised up the 4 star versions of both navarre and robin and that changed the AI to kill donny. Based on your post, it sounds like I just need to switch my navarre with a 3 star version, but I just got done raising the four star and that was real difficult. One of the youtube comments asks for a strategy for my exact situation that MKV provides on twitter but those tweets no longer exist. Frustrating.

@TheTuckingFypo I have an exam tomorrow I need to study for, so I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to allot to strategizing. 

If I'm unable to come up with anything in time, you can always emulate this strategy, which you seem to already have the units for. 

*Unequip Hone Atk from Olivia for this strategy so that the cleric's Panic doesn't cripple Donnel's offense

4 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Trying to engineer a way to do this as well as I raised up the 4 star versions of both navarre and robin and that changed the AI to kill donny. Based on your post, it sounds like I just need to switch my navarre with a 3 star version, but I just got done raising the four star and that was real difficult. One of the youtube comments asks for a strategy for my exact situation that MKV provides on twitter but those tweets no longer exist. Frustrating.

That's weird, would the stat differences between a 3* Navarre and a 4* Navarre really change that? Have you tried downgrading him to Desperation 1 and Threaten Speed 2? Also, Blazing Wind to Rising Wind? Maybe the units are worried that if he can drop their speed by 5, then they can't double anyone else and that with Desperation 2, if they get him down to half health, he can double immediately which could be bad for the axe fighter unlike if they had to get him down to 25% health.

Then again, I had a similar problem with the Lunatic 9-5 deathless quest where the only difference between my units and Iris, who helped me with the quest, was that Lucina had a different boon/bane than hers and Raven was a 5* instead of a 4* with +Res, -Def. That's it. If anything, I'd expected Xander and the sword unit to go towards Raven because of his lower than normal defense. Beat it after moving Ursula behind Olivia, but I don't know. Sometimes you can substitute a unit who is really different like a flyer for a cavalier and still have the same strategy work, or a 4* for a 5* and other times, you have the same units down to their boons and banes and the same positioning, but things change slightly ruining everything.

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

I'm not sure how to deal with Robin vs Robin Quest (my Robin is 3* Level 40)

Someone would help me?

Have you checked Mkv.'s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6i86JQr7w, for ideas? nstyler also has one that was mentioned earlier in this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agaZ5qYXWE.

Otherwise, you might want to post your units, so people can help you figure out a team and strategy.

Edited by Kaden

28 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That's weird, would the stat differences between a 3* Navarre and a 4* Navarre really change that? Have you tried downgrading him to Desperation 1 and Threaten Speed 2? Also, Blazing Wind to Rising Wind? Maybe the units are worried that if he can drop their speed by 5, then they can't double anyone else and that with Desperation 2, if they get him down to half health, he can double immediately which could be bad for the axe fighter unlike if they had to get him down to 25% health.

Then again, I had a similar problem with the Lunatic 9-5 deathless quest where the only difference between my units and Iris, who helped me with the quest, was that Lucina had a different boon/bane than hers and Raven was a 5* instead of a 4* with +Res, -Def. That's it. If anything, I'd expected Xander and the sword unit to go towards Raven because of his lower than normal defense. Beat it after moving Ursula behind Olivia, but I don't know. Sometimes you can substitute a unit who is really different like a flyer for a cavalier and still have the same strategy work, or a 4* for a 5* and other times, you have the same units down to their boons and banes and the same positioning, but things change slightly ruining everything.

Have you checked Mkv.'s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6i86JQr7w, for ideas? nstyler also has one that was mentioned earlier in this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agaZ5qYXWE.

Otherwise, you might want to post your units, so people can help you figure out a team and strategy.

Oh thanks! I have Ursula, and a Reciprocal Aid Bot too :D (I succeed)

On 4/24/2017 at 10:58 PM, LordFrigid said:

Blazing Wind charge, just in case it mattered. I don't think it did, but...*shrug*. That was the 1st run where I actually made it that far LOL.

I think you might be able to swap Lyn for Sully (assuming you're ok with training her up), and use Vantage/Vengeance to KO the Silver Dagger on the 1st EP welcome back to Awakening. Still ironing things out. Have to pull a pie out of the oven soon, so I'll edit any updates in (actually...I could probably try the Lyn variant too).

Edit: Sully variant works. Some points & considerations:

• Takumi needs the Atk +1 seal due to -Atk. He will fall 1 dmg short of OHKO'ing the Silver Dagger Thief after the Rogue Dagger Thief attacks him otherwise, and must be next to Sully with Spur Def 3 for this strategy, otherwise the Silver Dagger will just walk up and ORKO him.
  • Takumi will 2HKO the Rogue Dagger even with -Atk (unless the Axe Fighter suddenly decides that he should maybe use Ardent Sacrifice), if he has the Hone Atk buff (both turns) & Atk +1 seal (48 - 24 = 24 dmg on the EP, then 48 - 19 = 29 on the next PP).
  • -Atk Takumi will still 2KHO that Axe Fighter with Vengeance with Hone Atk and the seal.
  • 3* Navarre can surely deal 4 damage to enemy Navarre, you just need to make sure he can survive the Axe afterward.
  Hide contents

So I tried this, and it didnt work because Sully is too strong :P. My Navarre is now Level 40 @ 4*, and he dies if i dont take other navarre out with Sully or Takumi. 

13 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

So I tried this, and it didnt work because Sully is too strong :P. My Navarre is now Level 40 @ 4*, and he dies if i dont take other navarre out with Sully or Takumi. 

1st. Did you make sure you did everything exactly as it appears in the video 

2nd. Sully is too strong? Did you make sure she wasn't standing next to Olivia for an accidental attack buff

3rd. you can always use my strat and sacrifice dat roy to your Male Robin

I managed to finally defeat FRobin Hard (didn't before, so I'm happy), though I still have to do the quest with Navarre in the party. Eirika pretty much was a life saver, distracting mages and giving MRobin an attack boost to kill the red mage and really hurt the axe soldier. FRobin easily killed her counterpart because of her boosts (taking out the lance fighter before helped, allowing her to proc Ignis), while Lissa had Heavenly light so she couldn't do what I wanted of her. Eirika took out the blue mage for the win. Now I just have to figure out a plan to do it with Navarre in the party (though FRobin's not necessary any more)

And then there's Navarre's missions, where FRobin will be pretty much deadweight barring carrying Hone Attack and Drag Back (So I might be able to do something with those)

50 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

1st. Did you make sure you did everything exactly as it appears in the video 

2nd. Sully is too strong? Did you make sure she wasn't standing next to Olivia for an accidental attack buff

3rd. you can always use my strat and sacrifice dat roy to your Male Robin

Yes. Yes. And I'm not sacrificing Roy until I get another one. I blame -ATK Takumi.

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

This confuses me a bit, because both of our Sullys are neutral Atk O.o . Did the enemies move differently? If Navarre didn't get a Def buff before attacking Sully, then I can see how that might have happened. Could Olivia chip Navarre instead? Running the initial calculations...looks like she lives one Navarre hit and an Axe Fighter hit with 8 HP if she's next to Sully for both fights (edit: she needs to be next to Sully for at least one of them). And she leaves him with 1 as well: Sully deals 2* [floor(33*1.4) - 24] = 44, and Olivia deals 37 - 24 = 13, which is 57 when Navarre has 58 HP.

Edited by LordFrigid
Rounding error.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

This confuses me a bit, because both of our Sullys are neutral Atk O.o . Did the enemies move differently? If Navarre didn't get a Def buff before attacking Sully, then I can see how that might have happened. Could Olivia chip Navarre instead? Running the initial calculations...looks like she lives one Navarre hit and an Axe Fighter hit with 8 HP if she's next to Sully for both fights (edit: she needs to be next to Sully for at least one of them). And she leaves him with 1 as well: Sully deals 2* [floor(33*1.4) - 24] = 44, and Olivia deals 37 - 24 = 13, which is 57 when Navarre has 58 HP.

I'm just as confused as you... I've listed my team below.

Spoiler
  • Takumi - +RES/-ATK, Level 40
    • HP: 40
    • ATK; 29 (+14 Fujin Yumi, +1, Scroll)
    • SPD: 33
    • DEF: 25
    • RES: 21
    •  Close Counter, Vantage 3 and Threaten Speed 3, Vengeance.

• Sully - +DEF/-HP, Level 38
    • HP: 35 
    • ATK: 23 (+8 Sapphire Lance)
    • SPD: 31
    • RES: 23
    • Swordbreaker 2, Spur Def 3, Draw Back

• Olivia - Balanced, Level 38
    • HP: 34
    • ATK: 25 (+11 Silver Sword)
    • SPD: 32
    • DEF: 23
    • Knock Back, Hone Attack 3, Dance

• Navarre - Balanced, Level 40
    • HP: 39 (+3 HP Scrroll)
    • ATK: 29 (+7 Killing Edge)
    • SPD: 35
    • DEF: 21
    • RES: 22
    • Desperation, Threaten Speed 3, Blazing Wind

There's probably something wrong with it.

Edit: NVRM. I beat it. Sully needed a level up. She was too strong, but not strong enough...

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

42 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm just as confused as you... I've listed my team below.

Reveal hidden contents
  • Takumi - +RES/-ATK, Level 40
    • HP: 40
    • ATK; 29 (+14 Fujin Yumi, +1, Scroll)
    • SPD: 33
    • RES: 21
    •  Close Counter, Vantage 3 and Threaten Speed 3, Vengeance.

• Sully - +DEF/-HP, Level 38
    • HP: 35 
    • ATK: 23 (+8 Sapphire Lance)
    • SPD: 31
    • Swordbreaker 2, Spur Def 3, Draw Back

• Olivia - Balanced, Level 38
    • HP: 34
    • ATK: 25 (+11 Silver Sword)
    • SPD: 32
    • DEF: 23
    • Knock Back, Hone Attack 3, Dance

• Navarre - Balanced, Level 40
    • HP: 39 (+3 HP Scrroll)
    • ATK: 29 (+7 Killing Edge)
    • SPD: 35
    • DEF: 21
    • RES: 22
    • Desperation, Threaten Speed 3, Blazing Wind

There's probably something wrong with it.

Edit: NVRM. I beat it. Sully needed a level up. She was too strong, but not strong enough...

Dang, the difference a stat point can make. Congratulations on completing the quest (and getting a high leveled Sully...she wasn't exactly my favorite in Awakening, but she's got a pretty sweet default set here)!

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Dang, the difference a stat point can make. Congratulations on completing the quest (and getting a high leveled Sully...she wasn't exactly my favorite in Awakening, but she's got a pretty sweet default set here)!

That indeed. Now all I need to figure out is beating it with F!Robin.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

That indeed. Now all I need to figure out is beating it with F!Robin.

*glances over the spreadsheet* Your Rebecca will leave Hard Mode Navarre with 2 HP unless he has a Def buff up (and even then, Hone/Rally Atk is a thing). I'll have to run numbers & stuff to see if you can viably put a team together to work with those two. Not gonna lie, my first instinct is to make a single swap of Sully→Rebecca, not 100% sure though.