New GHB special quests.

Clogon

Thinking about my strategy for Navarre vs Navarre when my Navarre is strong enough, who do you reckon I should drop for the man? Klein (+Spd -Res), Robin (F) (Gronnraven+ TA2), Olivia or Lissa (I've honestly lost track of what she has).

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's what you think of when you see Navarre?

I don't see it

at all lol

But to each his own I guess. You saying this makes me want to re watch Ip Man 2 and 3 heh

His robe, especially the collar reminds me of old Chinese clothing. Navarre being this lone, wandering swordsman with Eastern motifs adds to that.

Man, he's 5 levels off from being level 40 as a 3*... and I don't want to make a 4* either... MEH.

Edited by Kaden

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's what you think of when you see Navarre?

I don't see it

at all lol

But to each his own I guess. You saying this makes me want to re watch Ip Man 2 and 3 heh

When I look at Navarre, I see a beautiful young woman who happens to be a man...

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

When I look at Navarre, I see a beautiful young woman who happens to be a man...

Now I can agree with this!

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Man, he's 5 levels off from being level 40 as a 3*... and I don't want to make a 4* either... MEH.

Well do you need his max 4 star stats to complete the level or nah?

Cause if I were training him to keep, I'd keep the 3 star one since I'd get more spare SP anyway and just use the 4 star one as fodder after clearing the event with that same 4 star one.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Okay @TheTuckingFypo I got a little plan

Reinhardt

Olivia

Male Robin (He needs T-Adept, and you have a Roy lying around so yeah)

4 star Navarre

Unfortunately, my tablet isn't working so I couldn't do any type of testing so I'm kind of semi-yoloing it off the memories/recollection in my head

The idea is, Male Robin goes in range of the dagger closest to the right (I believe that's the Rogue dagger) and kills him on the next turn with bonfire (Your Male Robin being +Atk is a major key). Olivia doesn't need to be anywhere near male robin, but you can give him an attack buff against the rigue dagger if you want.

Now the hard part is gonna be taking care of Navarre and the Ax dude. A +3 attack buff Reinhardt leaves Navarre with like 1-3 health (+4 would kill him), which means you can send in Navarre to kill himself after Rein chips him a little, and tank the ax dude at the same time. The only issue with this is making sure Navarre isn't caught by the other dagger user, which olivia can help with. Keeping Navarre at full health to kill himself is gonna be THE MAJOR KEY here. Olivia can help you get in and out quickly as well

@Kiran can you test this? Cause the other 2 strategists are busy And I'm pretty lonely right now

2 hours ago, Kiran said:

One issue is that TA M!Robin is unable to kill the dagger in return fire unless he's buffed by Olivia both turns, since he's 4*

If QR 1 inheritance is on the table, then TA3 + Hone Atk buff will ORKO both of the Thieves on turn 1. If it's not on the table...ignore me =P . I don't have any spare TA3s, so I just did it with TA2 and Sully (needs the Def aura to preserve the QR threshold. Mine's +Atk/-Spd, but 2 damage does not break QR 1 on -HP). Subaki can be used instead with TA3 on M!Robin...I think.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well do you need his max 4 star stats to complete the level or nah?

Cause if I were training him to keep, I'd keep the 3 star one since I'd get more spare SP anyway and just use the 4 star one as fodder after clearing the event with that same 4 star one.

Probably not if all he needs to do is land the finishing blow, but it's going to be annoying when one member of the team is just hanging out. Hmm, this probably how people feel with F!Robin being used for Lunatic Navarre.

3 hours ago, Kiran said:

I would go with Lyn (assuming not -ATK), Takumi, Olivia, and Navarre (once you trained him up)

Turn 1: Takumi gets danced to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right side of the map where he can bait the dagger. Lyn goes to the left most side of the map above the mountain. Navarre goes bottom right diagonal from her.

Turn 2: Takumi kills the dagger with Vengence. Olivia moves bottom right diagonal from your Navarre.

Turn 3: Takumi chips enemy Navarre. Gets danced to safety. Lyn and your Navarre kills the other dagger

Turn 4: Everyone teams up against enemy Navarre. Make sure your Navarre gets the killing blow

Turn 5+: Just kill the green axe and healer with Lyn and Takumi

That sounds interesting. 

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Okay @TheTuckingFypo I got a little plan

Reinhardt

Olivia

Male Robin (He needs T-Adept, and you have a Roy lying around so yeah)

4 star Navarre

Unfortunately, my tablet isn't working so I couldn't do any type of testing so I'm kind of semi-yoloing it off the memories/recollection in my head

The idea is, Male Robin goes in range of the dagger closest to the right (I believe that's the Rogue dagger) and kills him on the next turn with bonfire (Your Male Robin being +Atk is a major key). Olivia doesn't need to be anywhere near male robin, but you can give him an attack buff against the rigue dagger if you want.

Now the hard part is gonna be taking care of Navarre and the Ax dude. A +3 attack buff Reinhardt leaves Navarre with like 1-3 health (+4 would kill him), which means you can send in Navarre to kill himself after Rein chips him a little, and tank the ax dude at the same time. The only issue with this is making sure Navarre isn't caught by the other dagger user, which olivia can help with. Keeping Navarre at full health to kill himself is gonna be THE MAJOR KEY here. Olivia can help you get in and out quickly as well

@Kiran can you test this? Cause the other 2 strategists are busy And I'm pretty lonely right now

:O But that's my first and only Roy like ever >_< I really dont wanna sacrfice him....

Is it the only way?

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Okay, so, my boon/banes are completely different:
My Reinhardt is +ATK/-SPD, while Fypo's is +SPD/-RES
Our Olivias are both the same
My M!Robin is +DEF/-RES, while Fypo's is +ATK/-HP
My Navarre is level 40, while I dunno what level Fypo's is, but Fypo, if your Navarre doesn't have at least 20 DEF, level him until he does, because you're gonna need it.

Tested it, see my next post.

2 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Okay, I wouldn't be able to do your strat @Arcanite, but that's only because my Reinhardt is +ATK. @TheTuckingFypo should be able to use your strategy (or something close to it) to achieve victory.

From my testing:
Okay, placing M!Robin in the far-right lowest forest tile to bait the right-side ninja, Olivia two tiles left, Navarre one tile right of Olivia, and Reinhardt one tile below Olivia makes the top ninja and Navarre come down together. Then, move M!Robin one tile to the right, Reinhardt to the tile to the right of Navarre, keep Olivia in place, and move Navarre below Olivia. Next turn, move M!Robin to the tile to the left of Olivia (enemy Navarre should be directly above M!Robin here) and have him attack the ninja with enemy Navarre, move Olivia below M!Robin and have her Dance for him, have him finish off the ninja with enemy Navarre, move Reinhardt to the left of enemy Navarre, and keep Navarre where he is. Navarre should attack Reinhardt, who should live with plenty of HP, and the right ninja should move one tile left. On your next turn, have M!Robin attack the remaining ninja, move Navarre one tile right, have Olivia move below M!Robin (staying to the left would leave her open for Death By Navarre) and Dance for him, and have him kill the ninja, and move Reinhardt out of Navarre's range. On the next turn, have M!Robin block enemy Navarre from reaching your units and do nothing else. Enemy Navarre should ineffectually double M!Robin on his turn. On your turn, have Reinhardt attack enemy Navarre to weaken him (not sure if this part'll work for Fypo, to be honest, Olivia's buff might push your Reinhardt into killing-Navarre territory), then have Navarre finish him and get M!Robin clear of Hammerman (who should have made his way around the forest by now). On your turn, Hammerman will attack Navarre, who survives. On your turn, kill Hammerman with Navarre. Wait for the healer to come around the bend, then kill her however you wish. This should work, though I wasn't able to do it exactly this way (unfortunately, +ATK Reinhardt kills Navarre after Olivia's +4 buff, but maybe neutral-ATK won't?).

I'm not 100% sure if your strategy will work here, Arcanite, but that's just because I'm not sure how much of an effect my differing boon/bane combinations have here (my Reinhardt is +ATK/-SPD, and my M!Robin is +DEF/-HP). The map can be cleared with that team tho, so I think it could work.

I hope this helps.

Interesting. I'll try it. Will i also work with !FRobin though?

1 hour ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

Awesome! I'm thrilled to know I'm not useless.

Now I just need to do those lunatic ones myself and see how well that team I've been working on performs and is hopefully also not useless.

Also I'm not sure if you're ok with it, but I noticed that spreadsheet you put up had your actual name in it. 

good luck on the quests, seems like a whole lot for two orbs, but every bit counts when you're F2P right?

EDIT: I forgot that you can also get the heroes through quests, they have some pretty good skills to pass around!

No kidding. 

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - Where are youuuu.....

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Okay! I beat the quest where you have to use Navarre to defeat Navarre on lunatic.

That ... was way too annoying. I had to give Takumi spur speed 2 (from an extra Palla) and Eirika ended up getting speed+3 from an extra Fir, but I'm not sure if it made a difference in the long run. But I finished it at least. Man.

Kudos to whoever posted the video with Eirika on the Navarre map.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Do you mean running F!Robin with Navarre or instead of Navarre?

Instead of M!Robin. I guess i can finish that quest later though :/

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@TheTuckingFypo Sorry, I've been pretty busy today too so all I could do was exchange a few notes with Arcanite to help them plan a strategy for you. Tomorrow doesn't look any better either, actually...

That's fine.

6 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Instead of M!Robin. I guess i can finish that quest later though :/

Ah, that's gonna be a bit tricky. You'll want to give F!Robin Gronnraven (I see you have a 3-Star Cecilia, so if you're comfortable with parting with her, burn her for Gronnraven on F!Robin) and Triangle Adept 2 (I see you have a 3-Star Selena, so if you have 2,000 feathers you could bump her up and then burn her for Triangle Adept 2, and maybe give Reposition as well... I wouldn't burn Roy if he's your only one, he's cool), so that F!Robin can fulfill M!Robin's niche for this map. Once you've got that, you should be able to make this strategy work with F!Robin and Navarre.

Good luck, mate!

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I accidentally chose Navarre's damn map instead of F!Robin's. Have no idea how that happened other than being stupid. Was just going to do the have Navarre beat F!Robin with it. Navarre would have taken F!Robin's place anyway while Ursula does her thing with Blarrblade, Eirika provides buffs, and Olivia dances. He probably could have done it as a lv. 36 considering Ursula would have killed off 3 of the units leaving Navarre to deal with F!Robin and maybe survive against the lance infantry for Ursula to destroy him. Well, that was a waste of stamina. On the bright side, got enough SP for Felicia to get Seal Speed 3. Also, F!Robin really needs T-Adept if she wants to live or do anything against the thieves on Lunatic Navarre. Welp, gonna have to figure something out...

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Stop shittalking the original edgelord swordswoman, okay?

Yeah I know she's your favorite so I'll chill

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, that's gonna be a bit tricky. You'll want to give F!Robin Gronnraven (I see you have a 3-Star Cecilia, so if you're comfortable with parting with her, burn her for Gronnraven on F!Robin) and Triangle Adept 2 (I see you have a 3-Star Selena, so if you have 2,000 feathers you could bump her up and then burn her for Triangle Adept 2, and maybe give Reposition as well... I wouldn't burn Roy if he's your only one, he's cool), so that F!Robin can fulfill M!Robin's niche for this map. Once you've got that, you should be able to make this strategy work with F!Robin and Navarre.

Good luck, mate!

I burned my only Roy

Best decision of my life

But Fypo's is neutral which isn't really too good (It ain't bad either, but T-adept Male Robin is still bonkerz)

@TheTuckingFypo Okay, so I found a video for you to emulate (the only real difference you'll need to make is to make sure Olivia starts the turn behind Donnel instead of Subaki because your Donnel needs at least 41 Atk to OHKO the thieves.

Other than that, you should be fine. 

If for whatever reason this doesn't work for you, I'll help you figure something else out though.

Spoiler

EDIT: The video's Navarre is 4* while yours is 3*, but you should still be fine if he's level 40. 

The Navarre in the video did 12 damage, and yours should do 10 damage (which is enough since Navarre was left with 8 HP)

Likewise, you need at least 33 spd to double the healer, which Navarre caps at if he's 3*. 

The green axe goes down to a 3* Navarre just fine if you have Blazing Wind up. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Re-watching the nstyler's video just made me remember that my +Atk, -Res Subaki will 2HKO Lunatic Navarre if he is anywhere near Olivia or anyone with Hone Attack 3. I'll have to drop Hone Attack 3 to 2 which will leave Lunatic Navarre at 4 HP which is more than enough for ally Navarre to finish him. But there's the other problem involving Donnel since as a 3* with neutral stats, he cannot ORKO the Rogue Dagger thief regardless if Olivia has Hone Attack 3; he can if he's a 4* with Olivia with Hone Attack 2. I mean, I could have him attack again with Olivia's help, but assuming the same or similar thing happens in the normal strategy by Mkv, then Donnel's going to be taken down to 1 HP by the Silver Dagger thief, the healer is right above him to kill him if he doesn't move out, and because Navarre is not Sophia or any red mage, it might change the AI's positioning, especially the jerk of an axe fighter. Man, Donnel, you've been a thorn at my side ever since Navarre's GHB. I'm working on getting you trained, man!

Edit: Dammit, game! If I give Donnel an Attack +1 Seal, he can ORKO the Rogue Dagger thief. Problem: he needs Olivia's Hone Attack 3 which leads to the other problem: +Atk, -Res 4* Subaki ORKO's Lunatic Navarre if he receives Olivia's Hone Attack 3 buff.

If I can somehow position Subaki away from Olivia, then he can leave Lunatic Navarre with 12 HP after hitting twice. 3* Navarre gets doubled, so he needs to do 12 damage which he can with Hone Attack 3. Great, this is going to mess with the enemy positioning, won't it?

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

If QR 1 inheritance is on the table, then TA3 + Hone Atk buff will ORKO both of the Thieves on turn 1. If it's not on the table...ignore me =P . I don't have any spare TA3s, so I just did it with TA2 and Sully (needs the Def aura to preserve the QR threshold. Mine's +Atk/-Spd, but 2 damage does not break QR 1 on -HP). Subaki can be used instead with TA3 on M!Robin...I think.

Hide contents

Why didn't you just let Sully attack the cleric, send Olivia up to dance, and let her finish the chump, giving Olivia some safe damage to beat up the Axe with?

On 4/24/2017 at 10:38 PM, Elieson said:

Why didn't you just let Sully attack the cleric, send Olivia up to dance, and let her finish the chump, giving Olivia some safe damage to beat up the Axe with?

Blazing Wind charge, just in case it mattered. I don't think it did, but...*shrug*. That was the 1st run where I actually made it that far LOL.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:13 PM, TheTuckingFypo said:

On 4/24/2017 at 4:42 PM, Kiran said:

I would go with Lyn (assuming not -ATK), Takumi, Olivia, and Navarre (once you trained him up)

Turn 1: Takumi gets danced to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right side of the map where he can bait the dagger. Lyn goes to the left most side of the map above the mountain. Navarre goes bottom right diagonal from her.

Turn 2: Takumi kills the dagger with Vengence. Olivia moves bottom right diagonal from your Navarre.

Turn 3: Takumi chips enemy Navarre. Gets danced to safety. Lyn and your Navarre kills the other dagger

Turn 4: Everyone teams up against enemy Navarre. Make sure your Navarre gets the killing blow

Turn 5+: Just kill the green axe and healer with Lyn and Takumi

That sounds interesting. 

I think you might be able to swap Lyn for Sully (assuming you're ok with training her up), and use Vantage/Vengeance to KO the Silver Dagger on the 1st EP welcome back to Awakening. Still ironing things out. Have to pull a pie out of the oven soon, so I'll edit any updates in (actually...I could probably try the Lyn variant too).

Edit: Sully variant works. Some points & considerations:

• Takumi needs the Atk +1 seal due to -Atk. He will fall 1 dmg short of OHKO'ing the Silver Dagger Thief after the Rogue Dagger Thief attacks him otherwise, and must be next to Sully with Spur Def 3 for this strategy, otherwise the Silver Dagger will just walk up and ORKO him.
  • Takumi will 2HKO the Rogue Dagger even with -Atk (unless the Axe Fighter suddenly decides that he should maybe use Ardent Sacrifice), if he has the Hone Atk buff (both turns) & Atk +1 seal (48 - 24 = 24 dmg on the EP, then 48 - 19 = 29 on the next PP).
  • -Atk Takumi will still 2KHO that Axe Fighter with Vengeance with Hone Atk and the seal.
  • 3* Navarre can surely deal 4 damage to enemy Navarre, you just need to make sure he can survive the Axe afterward.
Spoiler

Going to go see about that Lyn run...(I think my Lyn might have a merge on her though...idk if that'll matter).

Edit 2: I'm not seeing the Lyn run. I have no idea if that's because the enemies are moving differently than expected, or I'm doing something wrong (probably the latter lol), but something's not quite going the way it should.

Edit 3: Lyn run works...not sure what I was doing wrong last time. Details can be found here.

Edited by LordFrigid

Managed to do all the quests with Kagero rebecca/Cecilia and a dancer along with required grand hero. Never once though having a -atk Rebecca would be so useful until now :D: Side note +atk gron blade silver Cecilia with a home Calvary buff does exactly 44 dmg to hard mode Robin letting you clear the quest with Lvl 20 bronze Robin granted you have someone else to clear the other mages

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

I'm personally not a fan of armored units in GHB as they are hard to move. List of your other units so that I can possibly build a team for you?

Well the idea is for them to bait the thief on the right side- every unit there will have 1 range movement anyway, so at least Draug/Zephiel's movement shouldn't be that big of an issue trying to bait the units in the trees (if I can get them to move properly). Draug has high speed for an armour without Brave Axe, while Zephiel has Wary Fighter- so maybe those have potential? (I was also thinking Sheena since her Svalinn Shield protects her from the Hammer)

Anyway, I would have to train them all up from lv.1 (same with Navarre) so it would take time for me to test. 

As for my other units- I have 2 accounts so (potential units in bold). It's a bit lengthy, but I also needed to know what my units are so I have the list handy for reference next time.

----------

Main Account-

My past tactics would use Michalis to bait the thief on the right, and use Sharena for Navarre and Tharja for the Axe guy. Robin filling in as 4th slot makes things trickier without Olivia dancing, though. It's always the thief behind Navarre that causes me problems- Gordin can one shot the Poison Strike thief but I need Olivia to dance him out of the way and he can't do too much to axe guy.

Level 40 units

Spoiler

5* Lyn- +Def/-Res

5* Sharena- Neutral

5* Merric- +Res/-HP

5* Sakura- +Res/-Def

5* Lucius +HP/-Spd

4* Olivia- +Spd/-HP

4* Hana- +Spd/-Def

4* Palla- +Def/-Res (maybe a Flier emblem team?)

4* Tharja- +Spd/-Res

4* Fir- +Spd/-HP

4* Nino- +Atk/-Def

4* Michalis- Neutral

4* Sheena- +Spd/-HP (maybe bait thief/axe guy in trees?)

4* Frederick- +Atk/-HP

4* Ursula- Neutral

4* Gunter- +HP/-Res (to be used with Ursula)

4* M!Robin- +Res/-Atk

4* Camilla- Neutral

4* Gordin- +Spd/-Res (thief killer)

4* Jeorge- +Spd/-HP

4* Maria- +Def/-Atk (Maybe Physic would help?)

4* Wrys- +Res/-HP

4*+1 Abel- +HP/-Def

4*+1 Catria- +HP/-Res

3* Narcian- Neutral

3* Subaki- +Spd/-Atk

Still Need Training

Spoiler

(lv 30 and above)

5* Hinoka- +HP/-Atk (Flier emblem possibility)

5* Camilla- +Spd/-Def (if I recall correctly)

4* Raven- +Res/-HP

4* Oboro- +HP/-Atk

4* Eliwood- +HP/-Res

4* Cecilia- +HP/-Def

4* Eirika- +Spd/-Def

4* Effie- +Spd/-Res

4* Reinhardt- +Res/-HP

3* F!Robin- Neutral

3* Cherche- +Res/-Spd

3* M!Robin - Neutral

3* Gwendolyn- +Res/-Atk

3* Adult Tiki- +HP/-Res

Possible units to raise: 5* Raven (+Res/-Spd), 4* Klein (neutral), 4* Zephiel (neutral), 4* Navarre (neutral), 4* MRobin (+Atk/-Def), 3* Draug (+Def/-Res), 3* Saizo (+HP/-Atk or +Def/-Atk, maybe against thieves and helping Robin for the finishing blow with Poison Strike)

Secondary Account-

This account I have more trouble with if I'm only using 3 units + F!Robin, mainly because of the Axe user. Before I would use Sanaki + Olivia to take out the Axe user, but Sanaki dies to the thieves/Navarre if I don't Dance her away and I'm more limited in team slots this time. I used to use Minerva/Michalis to bait the right thief, but again, fielding F!Robin makes me miss a blue unit. 

Level 40 units

Spoiler

(5 star)

Lucina- neutral

Minerva- +Spd/-Atk

Cherche- +Atk/-Spd

Camilla- +Atk/-Res

Sanaki- +HP/-Def

(4 star)

Olivia- +Res/-Atk

Eliwood- +Def/-Spd

Sully- +Def/-Res

Effie +Res/-Def

Nowi- +Def/-Spd

F!Corrin- +HP/-Res

Michalis- Neutral

Ursula- Neutral

Gunter- +Atk/-Spd (to buff Ursula)

Azama- +Def/-Atk

Lissa- +Atk/-HP

Nino- +Spd/-Def

Clarine- +Atk/-Spd

(3 star)

Narcian- Neutral

Subaki- Neutral

Still Need Training

Spoiler

(Lv30 and above)

5* Minerva- +Spd/-Res

5* Reinhardt- +Def/-Atk

5* Lilinna- +Spd/-Res

5* Beruka- +HP/-Spd (I think, all i know is she's defensive and speed bane)

4* Hana- +Atk/-Res

4* Sheena- +Res/-Spd

4* Lon'qu- +Atk/-Res

4* Cain- +Res/-Atk

4* Laslow- +Atk/-HP3* Oboro- Neutral

4* Catria- +Def/-Spd

3* Cecilia- Neutral

Possible units to raise: 3* Saizo (+Def/-Spd), 4* Selena (+Spd/-Def), 4* Donnel (+Spd/-HP), 3* Robin (+Hp/-Atk), 3* Sestuna (+Def/-HP), 3* Adult Tiki (+HP/-Def), Zephiel, Navarre, 5* Maria (+Atk/-Def, mostly for Physic)

No inheritance for any, but I'm open to adding Gronnraven to female Robin and Triangle Adept 1 or 2 to both Robins.

Edited by mcsilas

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Thinking about my strategy for Navarre vs Navarre when my Navarre is strong enough, who do you reckon I should drop for the man? Klein (+Spd -Res), Robin (F) (Gronnraven+ TA2), Olivia or Lissa (I've honestly lost track of what she has).

I managed this. Replaced Lissa- Klein and Robin are just that good. Navarre only needed to deal the eight damage to secure the Navarre kill.

Really not selling me on Mist here.