New GHB special quests.

Clogon

Decided NOT to take this challenge seriously.  Well, at least the Robin side.  As a result, it was a -Def Lucius that baited everything, then used Martyr to keep my own F!Robin alive.  I really should've changed his staff to Pain, but it worked out anyway.  Doing 15x2 damage to F!Robin was the highlight of this run (yay +Atk).

Team was Lucius, F!Robin, and Olivia.  Navarre took notes.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, looking at how people handled this challenge, I wonder if the challenge we remember from Narcian, Robin, Ursula and to a lesser extent Michalis was just due to poorer abilities and not due to any inherent difficulty.

Case in point: I beat Normal Robin, and Normal Robin only, because of 4* Lissa.
I ran over the difficulty of Hard Robin with 5* Klein.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You know, looking at how people handled this challenge, I wonder if the challenge we remember from Narcian, Robin, Ursula and to a lesser extent Michalis was just due to poorer abilities and not due to any inherent difficulty.

Can't really say. I beat them using the same teams as I did before (2 "killers" + 2 fodder"). My 4* neutral Kagero did a lot of work. I had to change a few things around like giving Eirika Rally Res so that F!Robin would not go for Kagero after she killed the Axeman and the 2 Mages. Lv1 Alphose just watched as F!Robin killed the Lancer and commited suicide.

I can't say much about killing Lunatic Navarre using 4* F!Robin that I didn't already in the first post.

Edited by Clogon

The only quest that was a pain in the ass was the Navarre vs. level 40 Navarre, mainly because my Navarre is a weak fellow and he's annoying to train. I gave him the +atk seal, and at level 35 and with Hone Attack 3, I was able to get him to the required 14 damage to finish Navarre off. I used QUADSUNA to clear the map along with 2 Olivias.

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Case in point: I beat Normal Robin, and Normal Robin only, because of 4* Lissa.
I ran over the difficulty of Hard Robin with 5* Klein.

Narcian and Robin's difficulty was likely due to players having fewer and weaker characters at their disposal. Their maps don't have Lunatic versions with level 40 units, after all.

Ursula could probably still give players a run for their money due to its map design and enemy positioning and skills. However, the fact that players are having more and more non-infantry units at their disposal certainly helps since Ursula's map seemed to have been designed as a wake-up call for players who only used infantry.

Cleared the Navarre vs Navarre quest using the same team, except replacing 4* F! Robin with 4* Navarre.

Had to change Zephiel's Eckesachs back to a Silver Sword, so that he does not straight up murder Navarre in 2 hits. Zephiel with Swap is super clutch for these Navarre GHB quests.

Just now, Kiran said:

@mcsilas I totally forgot to ask. Did you need help with Navarre vs Navarre or F!Robin vs Navarre. Because the latter can be cheesed by doing chapter 5 part 1 in story mode. 

Oh my bad, it's the Using F!Robin, clear Lunatic Navarre's map and Use Navarre to to defeat a lv. 40 Navarre.

Currently training both so they can at least do some damage for the finishing blow.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh my bad, it's the Using F!Robin, clear Lunatic Navarre's map and Use Navarre to to defeat a lv. 40 Navarre.

Currently training both so they can at least do some damage for the finishing blow.

Robin is pretty useless on that map and preferably should just hide in a corner, methinks.

That's exactly the problem, because of the slot she fills, I'm pretty much trying to take down everyone with just 3 units.

I was just wondering if I at least give her Gronnraven and at least a Triangle Adept, maybe she can survive one of the thieves (although Poison Strike Thief annoys me to no end). 

Also find I stuff up my positioning sometimes with her just hiding in the corner.

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That's exactly the problem, because of the slot she fills, I'm pretty much trying to take down everyone with just 3 units.

I was just wondering if I at least give her Gronnraven and at least a Triangle Adept, maybe she can survive one of the thieves (although Poison Strike Thief annoys me to no end). 

Also find I stuff up my positioning sometimes with her just hiding in the corner.

"Maybe she can survive" he says.

Robin with that build makes the thieves ask themselves that question.

...Unless you haven't trained her, in which case forget I said anything.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

"Maybe she can survive" he says.

Robin with that build makes the thieves ask themselves that question.

...Unless you haven't trained her, in which case forget I said anything.

I've trained 1 of her to 3 star level 40 just now, so I just need to give her 3 star Cecilia's Gronnraven

Other account is still level 15, so I have a way to go with that one. (I do find Gronnwolf is much easier for her to use while training, so many cavaliers in training tower)

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I've trained 1 of her to 3 star level 40 just now, so I just need to give her 3 star Cecilia's Gronnraven

Other account is still level 15, so I have a way to go with that one. (I do find Gronnwolf is much easier for her to use while training, so many cavaliers in training tower)

3* won't be that 'make the thieves cry to mommy Navarre', but she'll definitely make them think twice.

Though as a warning, Triangle Adept makes it harder for Robin to hit Navarre for damage.

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Go with Gordin, Abel, Olivia and your bonus unit. Gordin goes to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right corner of the map by Olivia's dance. Here he can bait the dagger. He kills the dagger in return fire. Abel goes bottom row, left of the mountain and your bonus goes to top left diagonal of him. Abel can ORKO both the dagger and Navarre on the same turn with Olivia (if you need Navarre to kill his duplicate you need to unequip Abel's swordbreaker.) Gordin kills axe with the help of Olivia. That leaves the healer who you pick off with anybody. 

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sophia with Raudhrraven+ and Triangle Adept 3 can literally solo the entire map minus Navarre.

Robin will have no problems dealing with the thieves with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept.

56 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Go with Gordin, Abel, Olivia and your bonus unit. Gordin goes to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right corner of the map by Olivia's dance. Here he can bait the dagger. He kills the dagger in return fire. Abel goes bottom row, left of the mountain and your bonus goes to top left diagonal of him. Abel can ORKO both the dagger and Navarre on the same turn with Olivia (if you need Navarre to kill his duplicate you need to unequip Abel's swordbreaker.) Gordin kills axe with the help of Olivia. That leaves the healer who you pick off with anybody. 

Okay cool thanks! Came close, unfortunately I probably didn't move Gordin early enough (or moved him too far to the right) and he couldn't reach the axe in time. Also, he gets finished off by the Healer after the Thief's damage (maybe I'll give him HP+3 Sacred Seal since she does 21 x 2 damage). 

Nice idea though, I would have never thought of Gordin baiting the thief first because I always played him as a Player Phase unit. Just have to try again next morning and when the stamina has replenished, so I can see the light!

@Ice Dragon Oh I forgot about Sophia! I've got a 4 star version of her in my second account, although she's still very low level so I'll have to train her up. In the meantime I've been training my Reinhardt and Lillina closer to level 40, thinking hopefully they might be useful. (At least Lillina seems to slightly have more survivability than my Sanaki). Either way, I'll have tot rain up more red units like Sophia anyway.

For @Anacybele, since @Elieson has given his support for the battling Robin map, I whipped this up especially for you, which I believe you have all the required units ready and gearing already for the Navarre battle. It's 100% foolproof since I've ran it myself.

Okay, first off, just to make sure, here's the units you need (no skill inheritance needed)

• Lv 40 5* Sharena
  • Lv 40 4* neutral Atk Palla with Atk+1 seal equipped (so she has 38 atk)
  • Lv 33 4* Olivia (at least the one I used)
  • Lv 1 2* F Robin

So, let's start. Turn 1

Spoiler

4wzdyQ2l.png

Just end your turn like this

Turn 2

Spoiler

BzqXVyCl.png

Have Palla escape out of the attack range and move Robin away from Navarre. End your turn just like in the image I posted

Turn 3

Spoiler

eEBM2w0l.png

Sharena's dying, but that's fine. Because we need her to be dying in the first place. Have Sharena kill Navarre from that position. Once Navarre is dead, it's time for....

3CH4Uetl.png

Wings of Mercy shenanigans! Okay the ninja is not dead yet from that. but there's a reason why we bring our pink haired dancer into the fray

ad47jw9l.png

And thwack, ninja is dead (the Atk+1 seal is necessary so she can kill the Ninja). End your turn like this.

Let's see what Turn 4 looks like shall we

Spoiler

IRi0XHOl.png

Oww, the axe man attacked Olivia, but it's okay. She is strong. So what do we do in this turn? Simply, we kill the stupid axe man. You want to do it like this.

bZSJl2R.png

And then Olivia dance Palla, but don't make her kill the Axe man, because the ninjas might kill her. So instead we do this.

N8AlcMdl.png

Now that the Axe man is dead, it's time to activate the Shenanigan again.

VEgnkntl.png

End your turn.

Turn 5

Spoiler

D4RUOk0l.png

So the healer attacked Olivia huh. Let's all retreat out of the attack range for now.

It all ends in this turn

Spoiler

j29aaPtl.png

Stab the stupid ninja's face. And then dance Sharena so we can destroy the stupid healer.

majEubpl.png

Now for the finishing blow.........

iCRFleal.png

WINGS

I hope you beat it with this, Ana. You should be able to do it if you follow this exactly. Wings are fun.

Edited by pianime94

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Blazing Wind charge, just in case it mattered. I don't think it did, but...*shrug*. That was the 1st run where I actually made it that far LOL.

I think you might be able to swap Lyn for Sully (assuming you're ok with training her up), and use Vantage/Vengeance to KO the Silver Dagger on the 1st EP welcome back to Awakening. Still ironing things out. Have to pull a pie out of the oven soon, so I'll edit any updates in (actually...I could probably try the Lyn variant too).

Edit: Sully variant works. Some points & considerations:

• Takumi needs the Atk +1 seal due to -Atk. He will fall 1 dmg short of OHKO'ing the Silver Dagger Thief after the Rogue Dagger Thief attacks him otherwise, and must be next to Sully with Spur Def 3 for this strategy, otherwise the Silver Dagger will just walk up and ORKO him.
  • Takumi will 2HKO the Rogue Dagger even with -Atk (unless the Axe Fighter suddenly decides that he should maybe use Ardent Sacrifice), if he has the Hone Atk buff (both turns) & Atk +1 seal (48 - 24 = 24 dmg on the EP, then 48 - 19 = 29 on the next PP).
  • -Atk Takumi will still 2KHO that Axe Fighter with Vengeance with Hone Atk and the seal.
  • 3* Navarre can surely deal 4 damage to enemy Navarre, you just need to make sure he can survive the Axe afterward.
  Hide contents

Going to go see about that Lyn run...(I think my Lyn might have a merge on her though...idk if that'll matter).

Edit 2: I'm not seeing the Lyn run. I have no idea if that's because the enemies are moving differently than expected, or I'm doing something wrong (probably the latter lol), but something's not quite going the way it should.

Interesting. To the training tower!

Oh, you needed a 5* Sharena... Welp, that didn't work and trying to rig it to work with other units like Ninian to buff Sharena's defense didn't work as well because Sharena gets doubled unless she's a 5* with Speed +3.

And then Mkv. does this with 3* Navarre and 3* F!Robin at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Pu6ijtwIM. I guess I don't need to promote either then. Sweet.

Edited by Kaden

Seems like the Gordin method isn't exactly working, he needs an Atk+1 seal to KO the thief after rogue dagger buffs but no matter what I do, he gets caught out by the healer who doubles him in return. If i had hp+3 he would survive but then he wouldn't have KOed the thief. i could use Olivia to dance him out of the way of the healer but either she is in range of the other thief or Abel needs a dance to get away from the axe user.

might have to sacrifice my only Henry for Sophia if worse comes to worse- is Triangle adept 1 enough for her? Need to train her up, too..

oh a new mkv vid? Might have to check that out after work. Or the Palla and Sharena one since they are at level 40 already :O

Edited by mcsilas