The word "Echoes" and "series of remakes" notion

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Well another possibility is that the devs actually wanted Gaiden to be what it was supposed to be.

Like it's ridiculously faithful. To a fault.

The first got a remake as the third... and even remade after that.

While Gaiden is pretty much *UNKNOWN* to most FE fans of this day. Even among people here, it wasn't exactly the most played game among the veterans.

That very faithfulness is also suspicious. Shadow Dragon wasn't especially faithful with its addition of a weapon triangle, removing weapon level in favor of weapon experience, unit reclassing, 12 added something akin to supports, and the plot changes with Kris are so evident they bleed into the subtitle: Heroes of Light and Shadow. 

Again, I think they're concerned now with Legacy than they've ever been. Choosing to remake the first game of your franchise, well, that's just formality isn't it? Gaiden's remake stands out - it's different from the DS era's approach. With how successful of a game Awakening was, why not add children/deeprealms to Gaiden like we were worried about? Or return to its progenitor - FE4, or do a double pack of Elibe for the same promise of babies as a familiar, modern experience? 

And finally, you'd think there'd be a famitsu article or something where somebody asks the million dollar question - why Gaiden? I only want an official answer to this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

That very faithfulness is also suspicious. Shadow Dragon wasn't especially faithful with its addition of a weapon triangle, removing weapon level in favor of weapon experience, unit reclassing, 12 added something akin to supports, and the plot changes with Kris are so evident they bleed into the subtitle: Heroes of Light and Shadow. 

Again, I think they're concerned now with Legacy than they've ever been. Choosing to remake the first game of your franchise, well, that's just formality isn't it? Gaiden's remake stands out - it's different from the DS era's approach. With how successful of a game Awakening was, why not add children/deeprealms to Gaiden like we were worried about? Or return to its progenitor - FE4, or do a double pack of Elibe for the same promise of babies as a familiar, modern experience? 

And finally, you'd think there'd be a famitsu article or something where somebody asks the million dollar question - why Gaiden? I only want an official answer to this.

Here's the thing. Your suspicion of a series of remakes is based one entire subjective thing: "Why Gaiden"?

To counter this, why not? What legitimate reason is there that prevents them from making a standalone remake named "Echoes"? Which I also have made legitimate points against being marketed in the Japanese environment as a series of remakes.

The fact that no one in the Japanese reviews are suspicious of more remakes with the term "Echoes" shows how meaningless the subtitle would be to them.

Having the game now, there are improvements to Gaiden that do make it as much of a different experience than the vanilla product, while staying faithful.

The story and voice acting are simplistic, but give the feel of "this is how it should have been, but was limited to the technology."

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I'd say probably because Fates reception was mixed about that particular aspect. I saw both veterans and newcomers dislinking how the children mechanic was implemented in FE14. I think that skinship being censored in the west also made its part (along with other small details).

Maybe it's just SoV being a remake, but I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage system doesn't make a return in FE16 (most certainly not in the way it was in Fates anyway - despite what people say, in Awakening it had its purpose).

As for why Gaiden, I think they just wanted to give it a chance. Actually, remaking the less popular game in the series while FE is at the top of its popularity could be the only chance they had.

And I do think they're trying to see which unusual gameplay mechanics can be kept in future titles, like unbreakable weapons.

On the subject of "why Gaiden", i am 100% sure this is just a coincidence but Brawl had the song With Mila's Divine Protection. Then came Smash 4 which added Fight 1 to the mix. Both are Gaiden songs. 

It means absolutley nothing but it was something a thought about a while ago, how the most underrated FE was being represented in Smash. At the time, i told myself  "are they gonna do something with Gaiden?"

This was just a thought and again, i am 100% sure it was just a coincidence.

Pretty sure Gaiden is just a move to strengthen the IP by replacing an entry that they can't really do anything with for Heroes/Cipher/Warriors/etc. with something that they can actually reference. Nothing more and nothing less.

As for the name, "Echoes" is probably there to continue the recent trend of one word titles, and "Shadows of Valentia" is probably there to tie it to Gaiden since nothing about Echoes directly does. The Japanese name achieves a similar effect. 

Echoes being a line of remakes ultimately feels like wishful thinking, because there are substantial groups of people who want the Jugdral games brought into relevance or otherwise believe that the Elibe games could benefit from more Lyn/Avatar pandering or something. I have my suspicions that there may indeed be something odd going on with Genealogy; that is, however, irrelevant to the Echoes name.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Here's the thing. Your suspicion of a series of remakes is based one entire subjective thing: "Why Gaiden"?

To counter this, why not? What legitimate reason is there that prevents them from making a standalone remake named "Echoes"? Which I also have made legitimate points against being marketed in the Japanese environment as a series of remakes.

The fact that no one in the Japanese reviews are suspicious of more remakes with the term "Echoes" shows how meaningless the subtitle would be to them.

Having the game now, there are improvements to Gaiden that do make it as much of a different experience than the vanilla product, while staying faithful.

The story and voice acting are simplistic, but give the feel of "this is how it should have been, but was limited to the technology."

I'm no businessman, but I imagine "why not" is an unorthodox reason for greenlighting a project. The kind that gets you thrown out of the board room. But it's an equally valid question for this discussion. I will surmise:

Gaiden is pretty much *unknown* to most FE fans of this day. Even among people [in japan], it wasn't exactly the most played among veterans. I hope I'm not coming off as sassy, I just thought you had a good answer.

As for why Japanese consumers don't inquire into this topic, you've provided sensible speculation there too, they don't culturally take a second look at the English word Echoes. It's just a mysterious foreign word - like "If". So cool! Whether or not Echoes is a series of remakes, we may well have to wait and see. We'll find no answers in our speculation until new interviews surface. Perhaps one from a western source that's willing to ask the all too important question.

Honestly, now that I think about it. I really doubt that they intended to have the word Echoes signal a series of remakes. If it was the case, than I feel like that should've been established long ago when the Archanea series was being remade. Instead they stuck the word 'new' onto the Japanese titles.

ファイアーエムブレム 新・暗黒竜と光の剣
Japanese: Fire Emblem New · Dark Dragon and Light Sword
Western: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎 〜光と影の英雄〜
Fire Emblem New · Mystery of the Crest - Hero of Light and Shadow ~

Just a random thought. I'm not trying to say the word 'new' would signal remakes either (obviously because it's nowhere present in both Japanese and Western titles for Echoes).

Edited by Falcom

15 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Honestly, now that I think about it. I really doubt that they intended to have the word Echoes signal a series of remakes. If it was the case, than I feel like that should've been established long ago when the Archanea series was being remade. Instead they stuck the word 'new' onto the Japanese titles.

Take into consideration that when the series went back to consoles with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, sales were dropping. I don't know the reason why they went back to handhelds with Shadow Dragon and on but when you're seeing a series declining in sales and you're about to release the next entry in it, even if the next game IS a remake, you don't go on to establish a "series of remakes" when the series is internally considered to be dying. It would've been pretentious and presumptuous to do that at the time.

Now it's a different story because Awakening's success has attracted more people to its player-base and if SoV sells enough, that gives Nintendo reasons to go ahead remake games previously unreleased in the west as it will keep the cash flow going with considerably less effort than starting from scratch with new stories, characters, etc.

Ultimately, the word Echoes could hint at a series of remakes or maybe it's just there for linguistic reasons, whatever, it is not worth fighting over. Speculating that it's a possibility is fine so long as you understand what "possibility" means and don't go around pushing it as fact.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

31 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Take into consideration that when the series went back to consoles with Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, sales were dropping. I don't know the reason why they went back to handhelds with Shadow Dragon and on but when you're seeing a series declining in sales and you're about to release the next entry in it, even if the next game IS a remake, you don't go on to establish a "series of remakes" when the series is internally considered to be dying. It would've been pretentious and presumptuous to do that at the time.

Now it's a different story because Awakening's success has attracted more people to its player-base and if SoV sells enough, that gives Nintendo reasons to go ahead remake games previously unreleased in the west as it will keep the cash flow going with considerably less effort than starting from scratch with new stories, characters, etc.

Ultimately, the word Echoes could hint at a series of remakes or maybe it's just there for linguistic reasons, whatever, it is not worth fighting over. Speculating that it's a possibility is fine so long as you understand what "possibility" means and don't go around pushing it as fact.

Yeah I guess that'd be silly indeed. I didn't even consider that at the time. I don't even know why I'm still in this thread when most of the main reasons has already been discussed and I'm just spewing unnecessary things at this point. Also can you clarify when I was trying to push facts at people? Because that was never my intention.

2 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeah I guess that'd be silly indeed. I didn't even consider that at the time. I don't even know why I'm still in this thread when most of the main reasons has already been discussed and I'm just spewing unnecessary things at this point. Also can you clarify when I was trying to push facts at people? Because that was never my intention.

Never said you did. Just re-stated something, generally speaking.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

I have to admit: I bought into the whole remake subtitle thing without considering the connotation of the Japanese title. I suppose it makes more sense that they're just going with the Fire Emblem: [Word] thing they've been doing since Awakening and using a word other than Gaiden because it's punchier and makes less since when it's the 15th game in the series. 

I will say that if the response here and among anyone I've talked to is any indication, the "Echoes as a series of remakes" theory is a *really* popular idea. At this point I'm thinking they might actually stick with the Echoes for any international releases even if the Japanese titles abandon it. 

Like, just as a pie-in-the-sky example, Japan gets the FE4 remake「ファイアーエムブレム Generations 光の後継者」 and the rest of the world gets "Fire Emblem Echoes: Succesors of Light" or something. I don't think I'd hate that, personally.  

That's assuming, of course, that they *do* come out with a series of remakes, and I think we're short a few hundred thousand international copies sold to speculate at that with any kind of certainty.

Just want to say that I don't claim to have a mastery of Japanese, or the nuances of the language within its own context. Please compare my thoughts to such.

Like many have already said in the thread, I think the notion of Echoes in the title has to deal with the idea that this game a remake of Gaiden, a side story that chronologically follows the events of the first game/Shadow Dragon. Echoes likely refers to the "echoes" of war that reach Valentia after Archanea's own war. The English subtitle, Shadows of Valentia, furthers the idea of this being a side story by referring to Valentia having its own shadows (like Archanea).

Edit:  The biggest implication of this interpretation is that "Echoes" isn't a reoccurring title for (potential) upcoming remakes.

Edited by PokéStarz

1 hour ago, Majestic Plural said:

I will say that if the response here and among anyone I've talked to is any indication, the "Echoes as a series of remakes" theory is a *really* popular idea. At this point I'm thinking they might actually stick with the Echoes for any international releases even if the Japanese titles abandon it.

Maybe, in a way... I've just had a little bit of an irritation to the FE fandom about things like this.

As a Japanese speaker, sometimes I'm more well-informed of things and able to make more informed opinions. Cited examples of this: Awakening and Fates regarding PvP.

And, obviously... people just don't listen.

But then again, I shouldn't be surprised. It's the internet and any single piece of information that *could* support their theory, they jump to conclusions over.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm still not convinced that Echoes is in the title just to look cool, with the exception of Gaiden and Thracia 776 none of the English titles have any remenants of the original Japanese title in them.

19 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm still not convinced that Echoes is in the title just to look cool, with the exception of Gaiden and Thracia 776 none of the English titles have any remenants of the original Japanese title in them.

Yo, Karnage. Did you not see the point about FE11 and FE12?

I mean sure you can believe what you want, but you're not making any sense with your points with Japanese titles. Your statement doesn't address any other statements.

Clarify them please.

People also refer to the game as just "Echoes" in just English or Japanese. So that's a PR disaster waiting to happen too.

My point reiterated: The Original Intention of "Echoes" does not readily appear to be an indication that they will title a subseries of remakes "Echoes". Simply because the word "Echoes" doesn't mean anything to the Japanese. And IS is a Japanese company. Therefore, "Echoes" was never *originally* any intention of indicating branding remakes with this name.

You have never addressed this with any of your points.

And it *CAN* become a series in the west if the notion is popular enough. Like the stupid translation that is "Attack on Titan".

I have said this multiple times.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm not very good at articulating my words so

point 1. if echoes isn't a subseries then why does the word Echoes exist both in the japanese title and the international title

point 2. I don't think that FE 11&12 having shadow in their title has anything to do with echoes, as the games came out very far between their original releases

7 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

point 1. if echoes isn't a subseries then why does the word Echoes exist both in the japanese title and the international title

point 2. I don't think that FE 11&12 having shadow in their title has anything to do with echoes, as the games came out very far between their original releases

1. I'm not sure about the relevance of your point because the point has been made that they couldn't use "Gaiden" again, nor "Shin Gaiden". An exotic English word was used. Localizers didn't feel the need to change it? "Echoes" doesn't mean anything in Japanese, so any meaning towards them is lost. So that completely explains why "Echoes" is in the Japanese and English titles without implying subseries.

2. You didn't get the point, did you?

FE11: 新・暗黒竜と光の剣

FE12: 新・紋章の謎 ~光と影の英雄~

FE11 has "Shin" aka "New" added from the old title.

FE12 has "Shin" aka "New" added from the old title AND a subtitle.

From that logic, the subtitle "Another Hero King" or "Shadows of Valentia" is not something to differentiate it from another "Fire Emblem: Echoes".

"Fire Emblem: Echoes" refers to a singular title, in Japanese. It is equivalent to "Fire Emblem: Shin Gaiden" or "Fire Emblem: New Gaiden". It has no special meaning.

Edited by shadowofchaos

34 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Yo, Karnage. Did you not see the point about FE11 and FE12?

I mean sure you can believe what you want, but you're not making any sense with your points with Japanese titles. Your statement doesn't address any other statements.

Clarify them please.

People also refer to the game as just "Echoes" in just English or Japanese. So that's a PR disaster waiting to happen too.

My point reiterated: The Original Intention of "Echoes" does not readily appear to be an indication that they will title a subseries of remakes "Echoes". Simply because the word "Echoes" doesn't mean anything to the Japanese. And IS is a Japanese company. Therefore, "Echoes" was never *originally* any intention of indicating branding remakes with this name.

You have never addressed this with any of your points.

And it *CAN* become a series in the west if the notion is popular enough. Like the stupid translation that is "Attack on Titan".

I have said this multiple times.

I don't know. I think that you are pretty clear. (and conceed that you have a point.) thing is, the people who get your point are probably less loud in this instance. In a case like this, we can easaly wait a few years to know for sure.

okay, I'm still not getting your point, if Echoes means nothing in Japan than why is it there, like IF, it has no meaning in japanese but it does have a purpose, as the IF has something to do with the game, the choice of the MC

Oh dear... what have you invited me into this time?

I agree with shadowofchaos, though. As a translator I was already wondering about the title, as it could be a nice pun in the making, and I too thought maybe a series of remakes could come out of it (not that I want that, though. I'm content with the games we have as they are, and worry any remake may actually change them for the worse xD)

On all the commercials over here, Echoes is indeed the selling factor, be it via radio or other. Some of the commercials more pressed for time leave out the entire "Another Hero King" part of it too. It really is supplementary.

VincentASM and shadowofchaos have already said everything I was going to say though. I work with both of them often, and have faith in their opinion.

I wanted to point out things like FE Heroes using "World of Echoes" too but really, all that's been answered. xD

To reiterate an important point shadowofchaos made: This does not mean there won't ever be remakes, and they may as well use the Echoes title in the west if so. But I do not get the feeling, like him, that it started as their original intention.

If you play the game too (as I have been), "Echoes" seems to fit very well within the context of the story too, a possible reason they kept it in the west.

However, there is evidence of collaboration between NoA (primarily) and Intelligent Systems since Awakening's success, much like how the recent Zelda games got their titles after consulting Treehouse (I recall Skyward Sword had it said in an interview, which I believe was Iwata Asks, but have to double check). It is possible Fire Emblem had the same treatment for Echoes this time around, a word that would make sense for the game's story and title, and hence, Echoes. 8-4 is also the localizer this time around, and they had directly translated Shadow Dragon as well as Awakening, so is another possibility they simply kept Echoes too.

For those asking about "why Gaiden?" Beyond the free map roaming mechanic (Awakening) and lack of weapon durability (Fates), there is also the appeal of being a classic "Fire Emblem" while being one that very few have played. It may as well be a new game to many, and this unique position its in could easily go off an engine used in the other 3DS games that were a big hit with others. With Conquest, one of their objectives was to appeal to a veteran crowd as a test. Perhaps they are now attempting the lack of avatar/all else sort of thing to see how it sells.

It's also its 25th anniversary this year!

Anyway, I do not like speculation as much as facts/interview translations/etc, but thought it may be fun food for thought.

10 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I feel like the word Echoes is not solid evidence of a series of remakes. However, Doing a third remake of a game from the Kaga Saga, and that particular game being Gaiden? You've got to admit it's a little suspicious. Who wanted a Gaiden remake? It does not star Marth or any character the JP community explicitly likes. And we in the West had a fringe knowledge of the game as well. If they wanted to do a remake for the basic reason any franchise wants to do a remake (money for low effort), why not go with Elibe? Tellius? Literally any other title besides I guess Thraccia on its own.

Choosing Gaiden implies that legacy is high on their priority list, perhaps higher than what fans explicitly ask for. 

I stated above that it may be because nobody had familiarity with it that it was in a unique position to be both remake and good as new. But again speculation so please no need to really fret over that. xD

8 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I believe that article will be out this month now that the game is released. In fact, I think there may have been an Echoes article in the recent Nintendo Dream I meant to check...

EDIT: In fact, it came out just a week ago. I'll try to get this issue to see if it answers the question on everyone's mind. From the description on amazon though it doesn't mention any interviews.

8 hours ago, Iridium said:

Pretty sure Gaiden is just a move to strengthen the IP by replacing an entry that they can't really do anything with for Heroes/Cipher/Warriors/etc. with something that they can actually reference. Nothing more and nothing less.

As for the name, "Echoes" is probably there to continue the recent trend of one word titles, and "Shadows of Valentia" is probably there to tie it to Gaiden since nothing about Echoes directly does. The Japanese name achieves a similar effect. 

Echoes being a line of remakes ultimately feels like wishful thinking, because there are substantial groups of people who want the Jugdral games brought into relevance or otherwise believe that the Elibe games could benefit from more Lyn/Avatar pandering or something. I have my suspicions that there may indeed be something odd going on with Genealogy; that is, however, irrelevant to the Echoes name.

Wishful thinking does play a big part. If its ignored then it dies quietly, if it is answered, there is a lot of cheering and "I told you so" mentality that would be ignored otherwise. xD

4 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Awakening is the direct translation of the Japanese title: Kakusei 覚醒

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

1: Communication between localizers and company with a growing series is one possible explanation.

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

okay, I'm still not getting your point, if Echoes means nothing in Japan than why is it there, like IF, it has no meaning in japanese but it does have a purpose, as the IF has something to do with the game, the choice of the MC

"Echoes" fits the context of the story very well, and may have been suggested by the localizers as a cool buzzword that retains a nice pun as a result.

If meanwhile would be quite awkward in English.

Well hope I helped in some way. Back to my own shadows to translate... xD

Edited by Kirokan

Okay, since @shadowofchaos dragged me here, I'm going to chime in because I just received my Valentia Complete box in the mail today (well, yesterday, but I went to bed as soon as I got home from work).

I'm going to avoid the obvious pun and second the argument that the title for Echoes follows the same pattern as the title for New Mystery.

Colons aren't a thing in Japanese. With the exception of subtitles set off by em dashes or tildes or other stylized symbols, subtitles are typically set off simply by spaces because a space is not a character typically used in Japanese grammar, though this is certainly not a strict rule of any sort. I'm actually going to emphasize this point, though: spaces are not a standard character in Japanese grammar; the use of a space in Japanese is specifically as a special delimiter and should be treated similarly to a colon, em dash, tilde, etc.

For example, the Pokémon games use a space between the series name and the game subtitle, e.g. ポケットモンスター サン (Pokémon Sun), as does all of the Bravely Default games, e.g. ブレイブリーデフォルト フォーザ・シークウェル (Bravely Default: For the Sequel). Monster Hunter X (モンスターハンタークロス, Monster Hunter Cross) and Monster Hunter XX (モンスターハンターダブルクロス, Monster Hunter Double Cross) use no space (probably because it's a transcription of the letters "X" and "XX" and is treated similarly to any other single letter or number), whereas Monster Hunter Stories (モンスターハンター ストーリーズ) uses a space.

In English, there's similarly no hard and fast rule, though conventionally short subtitles are typically set off only by a space and longer subtitles are set off by a colon. In the same examples as above, you can see that Pokémon Sun, for example, does not use a colon, whereas Bravely Default: For the Sequel does.

Now I can off the top of my head think of two titles with obvious double subtitles: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow and Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On (this is the Monster Hunter Stories anime series).

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow is officially formatted as "ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎 ~光と影の英雄~". The tildes are obviously there partly for decoration and partly because of how the logo is formatted with "新・紋章の謎 ~光と影の英雄~" in one line under the series name where the tildes make it clear that the "Heroes of Light and Shadow" is a second subtitle and not part of the first subtitle.

Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On is officially formatted as "モンスターハンター ストーリーズ RIDE ON". Each subtitle is set off by a space, and the switch to Latin script makes it obvious that any spaces within the Latin script are part of the Latin script and not title piece delimiters.

You can note that, with the single exception of a subtitle in Latin script, none of the series names or subtitles have a space within them despite many being more than one word in length. The standard "word" delimiter in Japanese is the middle dot character, not a space.

So now we get to Echoes. The full title is officially formatted as "ファイアーエムブレム Echoes もうひとりの英雄王". If somehow "Echoes" were a few words longer, this would be screaming to me to be formatted in English as "Fire Emblem: Echoes and a Few More Words: Another Hero King", but alas, "Echoes" is only one word, so "Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero King" is what it ends up as. This is how it is formatted in the official English title as "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia".

Of additional note, mostly as a preemptive counterargument, the Japanese logo also transcribes all of the Latin text on the logo into Japanese script for a title of "ファイアーエムブレム エコーズ" at the top of the logo and "もうひとりの英雄王" at the bottom. I don't think there is any significance to the grouping of the text considering its purpose is simply to transcribe the Latin script into more easily readable Japanese script.

And now that's two hours spent doing research and digging up game boxes that I didn't spend playing Heroes (or working on the Heroes section on the website). Goddammit. I thought I was done writing essays when I graduated from college.

51 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

@Kirokan

@Ice Dragon

My apologies to both of you. I didn't mean to inconvenience both of you that much. Sorry. D:

Don't worry about it : ) It was fun to talk about, though most of my points were already said.

It's nice to see us all posting on the same page. And I quite enjoyed said essay, IceDragon! I do like the additional information regarding spacing in Japanese titles. A fine point we missed.

6 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

Don't worry about it : ) It was fun to talk about, though most of my points were already said.

It's nice to see us all posting on the same page. And I quite enjoyed said essay, IceDragon! I do like the additional information regarding spacing in Japanese titles. A fine point we missed.

I kinda felt bad taking 2 hours from mr. Whale.

(EDIT: Please note this is an isolated context from a wider interview that would explain this quote more in-depth. If possible, please refrain from spreading until the full interview is posted --though it may already be too late xD)

So actually, VincentASM found and gave me scans of the latest Echoes interview, and while I am still translating it, I thought this may be of interest to @shadowofchaos

『外伝」はやめようという話は、かなり初期から決まっていました。また、全世界で同じタイトルにしたいという思いから英語で考えからという話になり、そのなかで「ECHOES](こだま)という言葉が浮かびました。過去のタイトルが、現在のプレイヤーたちにこだましてったらいいな、という思いが込められています。とても気に入っているので、今後過去作をリメイクすることがあれば、またECHOESにしてもいいな、と思っています。

"We put a lot of thought into a title like "echoes" that can let older games "echo" with the modern players. We were very pleased with it, and, if there were to be more remakes, we would likely use the "ECHOES" title again."

I have to get to work, and will focus on translating the full interview when I return. Please translate the rest of the paragraph if you want for the thread.

Edited by Kirokan