The word "Echoes" and "series of remakes" notion

For those interested, there seems to be some preliminary sales numbers available here. I do not know how reliable they are but it could be something interesting to talk about with regards to the future of the Echoes series: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/26/week-sales-fire-emblem-echoes-retells-gaiden/

Edit: Did not realize there was a pre-existing thread for this. Apologies.

Edited by Alpha2090
Did not see pre-existing thread about this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's confirmed that the Derrick from GameXplain did mentioned the developers from Intelligent Systems did confirmed that Echoes is indeed a title used for remakes and I did heard Derrick did mentioned that one of the Nintendo reps did ask Ash during in the interview to please use the full name, not just Fire Emblem Echoes. And also, I did heard Derrick mentioned Shadowofchaos's name was in this video as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

GameXplain has reported on it

https://t.co/Yw8jPalkpK?amp=1

Though props to them for sourcing Kirokan (did i spell that right) and stating that the translations weren't complete.

Derrick also mentions something interesting. Appearntly, when Ash went to that event, the Nintendo rep told him to please refer to the game by it's full title, as Echoes may appear again in the future.

Edit: oh, i was beaten to it.

Edited by Armagon

I feel that I'm partly responsable for this misinformation to begin spreading, If I had just understood what was being told to me this mess might not have happened

I feel a bit guilty about this, my bad

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though props to them for sourcing Kirokan (did i spell that right) and stating that the translations weren't complete.

Derrick also mentions something interesting. Appearntly, when Ash went to that event, the Nintendo rep told him to please refer to the game by it's full title, as Echoes may appear again in the future.

I just talked with Derrick and he will link Kirokan's finished translation in the description of the video once he is done with it.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My heart sank when I saw it, but I'll admit it's a pretty reasonable analysis. I just wish some sites hadn't jumped the gun early.

Also, yeah, Nintendo is definitely future-proofing the sub-series. I don't think we were denying that from the start.

With the addition of the interview, I am starting to feel like Nintendo of America is very confident there will be more Echoes. Meanwhile Japan and Europe are a bit more conservative. For them, it's an "if", hence they're OK with using "Echoes" by itself.

43 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I feel that I'm partly responsable for this misinformation to begin spreading, If I had just understood what was being told to me this mess might not have happened

Nah, don't worry about it.

If anybody here should be responsible, it's me. I've been around long enough to know better, but I got too excited and stupidly didn't tell Kirokan to keep the interview a secret. Speaking of which, it's not Kirokan's fault either; they couldn't have known what would happen.

I hate to sound dramatic, but I'm seriously starting to feel really bad about the situation. I was hopeful it wouldn't spread very far, but clearly I was still naive.

Dang it, it's on NeoGAF too.

Here it is in full.  (Or see SF thread here). I did an edit run, but for some reason WordPress loves eating up full stops, so if you spot missing ones, that's probably why. There shouldn't be any typos, but other eyes are probably better at spotting it than me.

Also with the full context you can see how they get to the title after avoiding something like New Gaiden, etc... so helps clarify and give a full idea of what exactly they're talking about. Hope that helps everyone. Sorry for all the confusion.

16 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

Please don't feel bad if you helped spread it or anything. It's my fault for posting the isolated context while thinking that may not happen. Don't let that get you down!

And now it's time to hibernate for a bit though. xD G'night.

Edited by Kirokan

I agree. The Echoes label has nothing to do with a line of remakes.

Of course, I obviously still want to see Genealogy and Thracia remakes in my lifetime.

Edited by bufkus

On 27/04/2017 at 8:36 PM, bufkus said:

I agree. The Echoes label has nothing to do with a line of remakes.

Of course, I obviously still want to see Genealogy and Thracia remakes in my lifetime.

Actually, it may not right now but the Echoes label will be related to a line of remakes if Nintendo decide to create more remakes of earlier games in the future, according an interview Kirokan translated.

Here is the part from the interview which refers to this:

Somewhere in that conversation, the word “echoes” surfaced. We imagined it was fitting as older games could now “echo” to the modern players. We were very pleased with the choice, and, if there were to be more remakes in the future, we figured we could use the Echoes title again.

Link to the full translated interview (source): https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/fire-emblem-echoes-dengeki-developer-interview-april-2017/

I want to see more remakes from the games set in the same world as Awakening, seeing as that was my first Fire Emblem game. Shadows of Valentia is obviously one such remake.

Now that I will get a chance to find out about what Valm was like around Marth's time, I would like to experience what was happening in Archanea at that point before it became Regna Ferox, Plegia and Ylisse thousands of years later and also what came before Alm and Marth's adventures. That would of course mean remakes of Marth's two games, Thracia and Geneology of the Holy War, unless I am missing other games set in this universe.

Basically, I am very interested in discovering the history of this particular world and getting to more of the lore. Awakening was what got me wanting to know more. Playing further games remade from older titles with graphics and added mechanics like Fates' and Awakening's sounds really awesome to me.

Edited by phoenixmiko

4 hours ago, phoenixmiko said:

Actually, it may not right now but the Echoes label will be related to a line of remakes if Nintendo decide to create more remakes of earlier games in the future, according an interview Kirokan translated.

Here is the part from the interview which refers to this:

Somewhere in that conversation, the word “echoes” surfaced. We imagined it was fitting as older games could now “echo” to the modern players. We were very pleased with the choice, and, if there were to be more remakes in the future, we figured we could use the Echoes title again.

Link to the full translated interview (source): https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/fire-emblem-echoes-dengeki-developer-interview-april-2017/

I want to see more remakes from the games set in the same world as Awakening, seeing as that was my first Fire Emblem game. Shadows of Valentia is obviously one such remake.

Now that I will get a chance to find out about what Valm was like around Marth's time, I would like to experience what was happening in Archanea at that point before it became Regna Ferox, Plegia and Ylisse thousands of years later and also what came before Alm and Marth's adventures. That would of course mean remakes of Marth's two games, Thracia and Geneology of the Holy War, unless I am missing other games set in this universe.

Basically, I am very interested in discovering the history of this particular world and getting to more of the lore. Awakening was what got me wanting to know more. Playing further games remade from older titles with graphics and added mechanics like Fates' and Awakening's sounds really awesome to me.

Uhh... did you look a few pages back?

It's also not a "will", it might be.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they didn't remake geneology, simply because the idea of FE's original iteration of children would be interesting to so many "new" fans. It's also a great game held down by some outdated mechanics, (and arguably some story issues). I wouldn't be surprised if it uses FE:switch's engine. Heck, if fe:switch turns out to be an fe4 remake, you heard it here first.

5 hours ago, sirmola said:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they didn't remake geneology, simply because the idea of FE's original iteration of children would be interesting to so many "new" fans. It's also a great game held down by some outdated mechanics, (and arguably some story issues). I wouldn't be surprised if it uses FE:switch's engine. Heck, if fe:switch turns out to be an fe4 remake, you heard it here first.

FE Switch is confirmed to be a brand new game. As in, not a remake.