Any playable bow cavaliers?

Eruno

The title speaks for itself, kind of puzzled by the lack of playable bow cavaliers in this game (if there's any). They could've used the opportunity to add some nomads at the previous FE7 summoning focus. (well, nomads and bow cavaliers are technically the same). So, any ideas why they haven't added a playable bow cavalier?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow cavaliers will be incredibly OP, judging by the training tower examples.

Wolf, Sedgar, Roberto, Midir, Lester, Deimne, (Andrey, Scipio), Selphina, Robert, Sue, Sin, Dayan, Rath, (Uhai), Hayden, Astrid.
That's it for mounted archers in the games, right? Counting only base classes, of course.

Edited by Vaximillian

There also aren't many playable bow cavaliers in general, I suppose. The only ones I can think of are Astrid, Rath, Sue, and Shin. And three of those are Elibe.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There also aren't many playable bow cavaliers in general, I suppose. The only ones I can think of are Astrid, Rath, Sue, and Shin. And three of those are Elibe.

I literally listed all the playable horse archers (and three unplayable ones) in the first response to the OP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(except the reclass-able and alternative promoted people)

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I literally listed all the playable horse archers (and three unplayable ones) in the first response to the OP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(except the reclass-able and alternative promoted people)

It wasn't there when I posted. You edited it after. Sorry, geez...

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It's been there since an hour ago, actually. That's all fine anyway.

...No, it hasn't. My post was made 11 minutes ago. Your edit was 4 minutes ago. According to what the posts say.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...No, it hasn't. My post was made 11 minutes ago. Your edit was 4 minutes ago. According to what the posts say.

I rememberd Uhai and edited him in, that's what happened 4 minutes ago.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I rememberd Uhai and edited him in, that's what happened 4 minutes ago.

Oh. Well I still somehow missed your list entirely, but unintentionally, so again, sorry about that.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Wolf, Sedgar, Roberto, Midir, Lester, Deimne, (Andrey, Scipio), Selphina, Robert, Sue, Sin, Dayan, Rath, (Uhai), Astrid.
That's it for mounted archers in the games, right? Counting only base classes, of course.

The King of Frelia, Hayden, is a Ranger at base, but since he's Creature Campaign only idk if he counts.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Well I still somehow missed your list entirely, but unintentionally, so again, sorry about that.

As I said, it's fine.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

The King of Frelia, Hayden, is a Ranger at base, but since he's Creature Campaign only idk if he counts.

Oh, he technically is playable. Got to fix the list!

30 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

A little humor, i love how Hayden is described as a 'Sage King' while his base class is a Ranger XD.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Wolf, Sedgar, Roberto, Midir, Lester, Deimne, (Andrey, Scipio), Selphina, Robert, Sue, Sin, Dayan, Rath, (Uhai), Hayden, Astrid.

I don't see how they'd be any more OP than mage cavaliers. 

I honestly don't see any future bow knights coming close to Reinhardt's current level of ridiculousness as it is. 

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't see how they'd be any more OP than mage cavaliers. 

I honestly don't see any future bow knights coming close to Reinhardt's current level of ridiculousness as it is. 

Good point, right here. Hmm.
I just had a quick thought about brave bow Midir/Lester but Def usually higher than Res.

Edited by Vaximillian

I think mages in general are better ranged units that archers because a lot of the stronger units have low res and a lot people go for -res boon/banes.  They can also get crazy amounts of damage thanks to the blade tomes.    

But mounted archers do have the advantage in that they could inherit brave bows, while brave tomes are restricted to Reinhardt and Olwen.  Also aside from raven tomes they don't have to worry about the weapon triangle.

Edited by pumpkinspice48

looking at the Bow Cavaliers from the Training Tower (Lv 38 and 3*), they have 47 Atk + 13 from the Silver Bow, which is quite high. Below average speed, at 16. and equally average Def and Res at 21 and 22 so yes, they can be OP from just their stat. (Again, this is an enemy from the Training Tower) . Let alone if they have skill like Vantage or Close Counter. If they going to add playable bow cavaliers, they need to decrease the base stats or growths.

3 minutes ago, Eruno said:

looking at the Bow Cavaliers from the Training Tower (Lv 38 and 3*), they have 47 Atk + 13 from the Silver Bow, which is quite high. Below average speed, at 16. and equally average Def and Res at 21 and 22 so yes, they can be OP from just their stat. (Again, this is an enemy from the Training Tower) . Let alone if they have skill like Vantage or Close Counter. If they going to add playable bow cavaliers, they need to decrease the base stats or growths.

Due to how Heroes's stat system works, it's almost guaranteed that playable mounted archers will have a 5-star level-40 stat total around 145.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Due to how Heroes's stat system works, it's almost guaranteed that playable mounted archers will have a 5-star level-40 stat total around 145.

30 HP
75 Attack
20 Spd
15 Def
15 Res

I don't see a problem here.

19 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

30 HP
75 Attack
20 Spd
15 Def
15 Res