Any playable bow cavaliers?

Eruno

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Bow cavaliers will be incredibly OP, judging by the training tower examples.

Wolf, Sedgar, Roberto, Midir, Lester, Deimne, (Andrey, Scipio), Selphina, Robert, Sue, Sin, Dayan, Rath, (Uhai), Hayden, Astrid.
That's it for mounted archers in the games, right? Counting only base classes, of course.

Sounds about right, though unlike some other examples pretty much all of them seem set to be bow cavaliers if put in the game. (Except for Hayden who's tied mechanically, his country's weapon and his son give him a bow connection though) Can't see too much reason to put the rest into other weapons. (Maybe class representation, but for that I think we'll need more examples of those classes in the first place) For OPness I think they'll just not put any in. 

Much, much better range (and them going bow) than Bow armours at least. 

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I honestly don't see any future bow knights coming close to Reinhardt's current level of ridiculousness as it is. 

Desperation Brave Bow+.

"But Satsuma, Brave Bow has poor Might and-"

HONEGOADHONEGOADHONEGOAD

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

So...physical version of quad-Olwen?

I don't know why it took you saying this for me to finally realize that Olwen can actually deal damage if you give her cavalry buffs. Suddenly everything makes sense.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Desperation Brave Bow+.

"But Satsuma, Brave Bow has poor Might and-"

HONEGOADHONEGOADHONEGOAD

It'll be a little risky, since mounted cavaliers have somewhat low speed (+The -5spd from brave weapons) and def so they can easily be doubled and take a lot of damage

Edited by Eruno

On 4/25/2017 at 6:46 PM, Eruno said:

It'll be a little risky, since mounted cavaliers have somewhat low speed (+The -5spd from brave weapons) and def so they can easily be doubled and take a lot of damage

There will probably be a token really fast bow knight with brave bow who has terrrrrible strength.

hoooo boy i want Wolf so bad. it'd be hilarious if they kept Wolf's monstrous Shadow Dragon growths in mind (thanks for the carry on merciless buddy) when adding him. but also hilarious because he'd have like 8 resistance at level 40. 

and i need Astrid too because she was the baby i coddled in PoR. she seems sort of a fit for that token fast bow knight with brave bow and crap strength though.

bow knight/ranger/nomad has always been my favourite class, i'm sad they are MIA except to taunt me from the enemy team. 

4 hours ago, Great Dane said:

I think Beck will likely be a Bow Cavalier considering New Mystery. I wonder if he'll bring any ballista-like skills with him. (I kinda doubt it)

FE1 style ballista, anyone? Think bow armour of Genealogy. Huge Def, one Mov, 2 range.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

FE1 style ballista, anyone? Think bow armour of Genealogy. Huge Def, one Mov, 2 range.

What would their movement class count as? Armour, too?

I'd love the see ballisticians. Bring on the Jake!

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

...I never even thought of this. Guess We have potential Bow Armors now, huh.

Also could add Geoffrey to the list of base class Bow Cavs since he can use bows in his starting class in Path of Radiance. Sure, he's more associated with Lances than bows, but after staff!Lucius and Bow!Faye, I'm ready for anything. :p

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM, r_n said:

There will probably be a token really fast bow knight with brave bow who has terrrrrible strength.

It'll still be useful for babysitting weaker units. I think

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

...I never even thought of this. Guess We have potential Bow Armors now, huh.

Also could add Geoffrey to the list of base class Bow Cavs since he can use bows in his starting class in Path of Radiance. Sure, he's more associated with Lances than bows, but after staff!Lucius and Bow!Faye, I'm ready for anything. :p

I would love bow!Geoffrey (despite lance associations). I have plenty of lance units of all kinds. Bring on the bow horsies I want to use!

I need Rath and Sue. That way I can make a Lyn family team! Yay! 

But honestly, I really hope this does happen, as Magic and Bow units are some of my favorites in all FE games, and while we have a ton of good archers in FE:Heroes, Bow Knights are just awesome.

I'm dropping my coin on this too. I want a playable bow knight with a cavalry unit's average stats.
I've been hoping for Astrid at first, but the banner's perfectly understandable.

On 4/27/2017 at 0:28 AM, Cute Chao said:

What would their movement class count as? Armour, too?

I'd love the see ballisticians. Bring on the Jake!

Please, Balistas should obviously have 3 range, and to balance how OP that is, they'll have 0 move. (So they can only move during preparation or via assist skills.)

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Please, Balistas should obviously have 3 range, and to balance how OP that is, they'll have 0 move. (So they can only move during preparation or via assist skills.)

While I doubt that'll ever happen with playable characters, I could see NPC units in future story missions having these. 

I'd like to see them made more to be like bow armours. Ranged bow attack at two places, one move. I think that's the only way to make them not useless and actually worth something ^.^ Plus it gives us a bit more variety in armours.

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd like to see them made more to be like bow armours. Ranged bow attack at two places, one move. I think that's the only way to make them not useless and actually worth something ^.^ Plus it gives us a bit more variety in armours.

Then also give us some mage armours in barons and we're all set.

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Since bow armors are actually a thing in Jugdral and Akaneia Mk. 2, I'd personally like to see ballistae implemented differently.

Having 3 range, 1 movement, and be unable to use or be targets of repositioning assist skills sounds like it might work.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since bow armors are actually a thing in Jugdral and Akaneia Mk. 2, I'd personally like to see ballistae implemented differently.

Having 3 range, 1 movement, and be unable to use or be targets of repositioning assist skills sounds like it might work.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I don't remember which units they are >.<

But that could work, instead :)

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no playable bow armours in Jugdral, and I'm 99% sure Archanean generals won't use bows.