Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

One noteworthy thing: it seems the enemies in this map aren't cheating with their Special charges, unlike the previous few GHB maps.

But they all have Vantage/Desparation. 

Just now, Ryuke said:

But they all have Vantage/Desparation. 

It's Quick Riposte, not Desperation, but yeah, they have the annoying B skills. Upon further inspection, I think the Sword Fighter is actually using a Killing Edge and not a Silver Sword, so that combined with Quick Riposte means they're getting whatever they have fast.

59 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Not the best screenshot in the world, but here's a placeholder till someone else gets a better one

Hide contents

SHEoO6E.png

My precursory thoughts for my strategy: field Ike, Olivia, Reinhardt, and Gunter (for Hone Cavalry). First turn, send Ike into the right corridor (with dance help), maybe have him attack the swordsman, maybe have him wait. He'll tank the swordsman and the mage. Xander and the lancer come down the middle. Reinhardt kills Xander, Olivia dances for him, and he kills the lancer. If he can't kill the lancer, I guess maybe Gunter can go in and kill it, or else Reinhardt could retreat. If Ike didn't finish either the swordsman or the green mage, he could do that now.

I just realized that in the video, it's the Hoshido siblings going against Xander. A small but appreciated detail.

Map looks a bit difficult, hopefully Ryoma can tank the green mage cav and the sword at the same time. 

Edited by Kiran

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

My precursory thoughts for my strategy: field Ike, Olivia, Reinhardt, and Gunter (for Hone Cavalry). First turn, send Ike into the right corridor (with dance help), maybe have him attack the swordsman, maybe have him wait. He'll tank the swordsman and the mage. Xander and the lancer come down the middle. Reinhardt kills Xander, Olivia dances for him, and he kills the lancer. If he can't kill the lancer, I guess maybe Gunter can go in and kill it, or else Reinhardt could retreat. If Ike didn't finish either the swordsman or the green mage, he could do that now.

That's more or less my plan except instead of Gunter I'm fielding another dancer so that Reinhardt can mop up the lancer, cleric, and Xander all in one go while Ike/Ryoma cleans up the right. 

It's more or less what I did with the Zephiel GHB which involved Reinhardt soloing the map w/ 3 dancers. 

34 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's Quick Riposte, not Desperation, but yeah, they have the annoying B skills. Upon further inspection, I think the Sword Fighter is actually using a Killing Edge and not a Silver Sword, so that combined with Quick Riposte means they're getting whatever they have fast.

Tried to find a loop hole to attack. But couldnt find any.

Reinhardt is fucked because Green Mage. And if you bring Olivia. You open yourself to Xander + Blue Lance. You cant even bait Xander with Subaki because Green mage. Pretty sure there's a way around it. Havent thought of any.

The closest guess I have is ...

1)Put a strong Red Sword user to block Xander & use Cherche to Pivot to go in front of Blue Lance Fighter.
2)Felicia might be able to hit the Red unit & Tank the Green Mage given her res. (I dont know bout the Red Sword guy. but Felicia do have high speed). someone need to buff her speed.Edit: Ruby Sword PALLA is all you need. Me-think.

Then comes the WING OF MERCY healer. Pretty annoying.

There's no green dancer )=

Edited by Ryuke

14 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Ike has Swordbreaker, so he should be able to kill the Sword Fighter just fine. I'm willing to bet that he'll be able to use Heavy Blade to get Aether ready too, so when the Mage Cav hits him, he can heal. I probably wouldn't dive in to kill the Lancer, however, as it's hard to do so while also staying out of range of the Mage Cav and Xander.

Seems, once again, like one of those pit of doom challenges. I'm supposing the poor man's approach will contain, Subaki, FRobin, Olivia and Donnel. (That team lets you bait the blue lance by attacking with FRobin and using Donnel and Olivia to withdraw... The next turn will be ugly (but FRobin can hurt Xander and especially the green mage quite badly).

The not so poor man approach will make use of a repositioning character, a dancer, Kagero and some free choice character...

Anyhow, looks like a fun challenge :D:.

I'm sad Xander won't have a natural quick ripost :(:, but he's looking like a worthwhile investment of feathers:^_^:

Looking at the map, it'll probably end being the Sanaki and Lukas Show ft. Azura and Nino as supports. Sanaki takes care of the sword on the first turn and tanks and kills the green mage on the enemy phase and then I let Xander and the lance unit kill themselves on Lukas. Will just need to handle the healer after that. 

I'm thinking my turn 1 will be Reinhardt blick Red, Ryoma swap with him to bait the green, I'll probably have Rein take lancedude too--not sure if i'll need lancebreaker but I got 3 arthurs from pulling Hector so I can get him that. That should isolate Xander/Healer. I do need the healer gone asap so I can have Ryoma and Xander 1v1 each other, but I have to do some hella math on that.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ike has Swordbreaker, so he should be able to kill the Sword Fighter just fine. I'm willing to bet that he'll be able to use Heavy Blade to get Aether ready too, so when the Mage Cav hits him, he can heal. I probably wouldn't dive in to kill the Lancer, however, as it's hard to do so while also staying out of range of the Mage Cav and Xander.

I was having Reinhardt kill Xander and the lancer on the second turn, after they came down the middle. Obviously don't want him to suck up hits from either Xander or the mage! Reinhardt no like being hit...

On Fri Apr 28 2017 at 1:50 AM, Kiran said:

I just realized that in the video, it's the Hoshido siblings going against Xander. A small but appreciated detail.

If my shiny new lobster was up to snuff, I would totally attempt doing a Birthright run. I could use M!Corrin in his place, i guess...

Pretty sure my team of Subaki/Lilina/Bunilla can run this map. The extra slot will be for either a dancer or a healer. Maybe Elise if I feel really mean.

Lilina can handle the green tome and the cleric easily via WTA (Raudrraven+) and the Sword will be cake. Subaki can tank Xander and nuke him while Bunilla just worries about the lance. Kinda looking forward to this map after all I've put into making Lilina a demon.

Going to try this with Reinhard, Olivia, Nino and Klein for crazy blitz strats (it works as long as nobody takes a hit). With a bit of luck Nino can kill the lance on the first turn and escape with dance-draw back. After that Rein and Klein (sounds pretty good actually) go to town on Xander, the green mage and the sword dude, leaving only the healer who shouldn't be able to kill anything. Since I probably don't need Nino to kill things on the second turn, it might work even if she can't double the lance user (only way he won't die, as I refuse to believe he has the resistance to survive Nino doubling him).

For a poor man's run, the right side seems quite atractive, as you only need to tank a hit from a green mage and a red sword. It screams red unit, but I think Sophia, Reigh and Hana die to the sword (if reigh survives he can probably kill the mage though, which could let double subaki+healer finish up), so Stahl or Olivia I guess.

Guessing a poor man's run would be something like Stahl, Olivia, Subaki and Lissa, maybe with Olivia replaced by Reigh to take care of the mage. Not sure that works though.

12 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Distant Counter sword is going to make this map a breeze. Once you get rid of the green mage cav, it's literally a killing spree for blue units. 

That's basically my strategy.

Ike goes to the right to take care of the sword and green cav. 

Rein and dancers clean up next turn. 

Tharja can clean the red infantry if azura sing her , after that I will use nino with her draw back in azura then the Green Tome will attack tharja bc she is in his range, the second turn Tharja clean Xander with Desperation activated and nino will have the buff of eirika and azura to clean the blue lancer and the healer .

At least in my mind this is an easy win xD  

Edited by Arjuna
Little mistakes xD

That green mage is my problem.

Linda is my go to Blue mage for most of the other units, as Marx's distant counter doesn't matter with desperation.

Eliwood can take magic damage because of his res, but he's a squishy enemy phase horse.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm gonna try this with Roy/Reinhardt/Ninian/Olivia.
Roy'll bait Xander and the Green Mage (he's +RES and has the Binding Blade and Triangle Adept 3, plus he'll get Fortify DEF 2 from Ninian if necessary, so he should be able to survive), then Reinhardt will kill Xander and Roy will kill the Green Mage (with an Iceberg proc, Hone ATK 3 and Triangle Adept 3, even -ATK Roy should be able to cut it), then I'll Dance Roy to safety with Ninian (who's probably getting Swordbreaker 1 to survive the Sword Fighter). After that, Reinhardt punches everything to death with Dance support.

That'll definitely work on Hard (level 30 enemies are no match for Thunder's Fist)... but I'm not 100% on Lunatic being this simple.

Adult Tiki can stand on the right side to pull the red soldier and the green cav mage while being out of range from the Blue guy and Xander. If you put a green unit duirectly below Xander but out of his range he should come charging down that hallway making him easy pickings. Ursula and Dancer can be the last two units.

Not sure If I mentioned my strat before, but here's the new one:

> Bring Azura

> Bring Nino

> Bring Olivia

> Bring Robin

> Win

7 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Adult Tiki can stand on the right side to pull the red soldier and the green cav mage while being out of range from the Blue guy and Xander. If you put a green unit duirectly below Xander but out of his range he should come charging down that hallway making him easy pickings. Ursula and Dancer can be the last two units.

Might use this as a base if Ice Dragon does his death challenge again. Thanks Silith!