Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

31 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

As promised, here's me beating Xander with Ryoma. I think I may have went overboard with Ryoma's kit... @JSND @eclipse

Hide contents

Of course you would have Ryouma go against Xander without any backup :P:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too difficult.  Beat it with Ike, Kagero, Linde, and Ninian.  Had Kagero take out the Swordsman on the right with Ninian's help.  Repositioned Ninian so Kagero could take care of the Green Cavalier Mage guy during enemy turn, then went HAM on Xander, the Spearman, and the Cleric the following turn.

This map was surprising. I thought at first that I hadn't brought the right units, but I ended up beating the map my first try. I brought along Sanaki, M. Robin, Nino, and Olivia. On normal, Sanaki could ORKO the swordsman on the right with a Hone ATK 3 buff from Nino. (However, on Lunatic, she needed swordbreaker to get him.) The green mage knight attacked her, and she took no damage from him. The remaining three units headed towards my group. On Lunatic, Robin almost got Xander in one go, but not quite. Sanaki had to finish him off. Nino could handle the lancer no problem. All that was left was the healer. I don't remember who got him, but he wasn't a threat by himself. 

I'm going to crunch the numbers, but I'm thinking just about any high ATK/SPD red mage or high ATK mage with swordbreaker could handle the swordsman and mage knight on the right with no problem.  

39 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

As promised, here's me beating Xander with Ryoma. I think I may have went overboard with Ryoma's kit... @JSND @eclipse

Hide contents

That exactly 1 HP moment is hype 

Edited by JSND

Definitely easier than FRobin/Navarre GHB's for quests (damn those ninjas on Navarre's GHB). I cleared this with Lvl 40 Marth(+SPD/-ATK)/Sharena/Linde (+ATK/-RES) + Lvl 30-something Lissa. No skill inheritances except Astra on Marth (which never procced anyway)

Turn 1 - Positioning.

Turn 2 - Linde ORKOs the sword guy while standing out of range of anyone else except the green cav. Anyone else stays put.

EP - Linde gets blasted by the green cav, but lives with 3 HP. Others move forward.

Turn 3 - Linde moves down and ORKOs the lancer then gets healed by Lissa. Marth gets buffed by Sharena and ORKOs the cleric, blocking Xander.

EP - Xander hits Marth and gets tinked in return, Green cav attacks Marth for about 7 dmg. Marth lives with about 10 HP

Turn 4 - Linde ORKOs Xander (though she does take Siegfired to the face), Marth finishes the green cav.

Surprisingly easy for me, I beat it on first try with my main team. 5* Nino, Sharena, Ninian and Jaffar. All have some SI.

On first turn I position my units. Then Nino kills the spear guy, Jaffar reposition her, Ninian dances for Nino and she draw back Jaffar. No one can touch me. Enemies approach. Then Sharena attacks Xander and blocks the other red guy. Ninian dances for her and kills Xander. Jaffar kills the green mage and Ninion draw him back. In last turn Sharena finishes off the red guy and Jaffar does the same with the healer.

I'm really starting to like my blitz team of Reinhard, Nino, Klein and Olivia.

I was kind of worried at first, since Nino couldn't kill the lance dude because of the speed boost the healer gave him. I had her damage him anyway and quickly retreated with dance-draw back. The next turn was a bit messy, as my positioning was wrong thanks to the lance survivving. Nino finished her job of killing the lancer, Rein killed Xander and Klein killed the green mage. If I positioned better, I might have managed to let Rein kill the sword dude as well, but I needed my dance to fix positions this time around. Luckely, Rein could tank the sword dude and the healer, and the last turn Klein killed the healer while Rein dealt with the sword.

The map didn't feel to hard, but it might just be that my team is pretty strong. I'll try it with some less OP units at a later time.

So...Why does Xander get the third tier of both of his passive Skill at 5*? How come one of them doesn't become available at 4* or higher like it does with every other hero that has access to two passive Skills that have tiers to them without Skill inheritance?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Just now, RedEyedDrake said:

So...How come Xander gets the third tier of both of his passive Skill and 5*? How come one of them doesn't become available at 4* or higher?

Mmm. So your asking why neither of his skills max at 4*?
I think the developers have ideas on the potency of a unit at each rank, more so than they have ideas of how every 4 or 5 should be, If that sheds some light on the situation.

They might think that with the skills he has + his stats hes a good 4* for being a 4*, and so forth with the other star rankings.

The team I used for Lunatic (with inherited skills):

5* Gwendolyn (Ignis, Swap, Svalinn Shield, Wary Fighter, Fortify Armor)

5* Sheena (Bonfire, Swap, Svalinn Shield, Quick Riptose, Fortify Armor)

4* Sophia (Pull Back, Triange Adept, G Tomebreaker, Spur Res)

4* Clarine (Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light, Live to Serve)

I forget how exactly the battle went, but basically Gwendolyn took the first hits from Xander, the green horsemage, and the priest first turn.  Sophia killed Xander on turn two, then I swapped Gwendolyn and Sheena so that they could tank the red sword and blue lance in better matchups.  

The main worry was to keep Clarine out of range of the green horsemage.

Edited by KatarinaCS1

41 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'm really starting to like my blitz team of Reinhard, Nino, Klein and Olivia.

I was kind of worried at first, since Nino couldn't kill the lance dude because of the speed boost the healer gave him. I had her damage him anyway and quickly retreated with dance-draw back. The next turn was a bit messy, as my positioning was wrong thanks to the lance survivving. Nino finished her job of killing the lancer, Rein killed Xander and Klein killed the green mage. If I positioned better, I might have managed to let Rein kill the sword dude as well, but I needed my dance to fix positions this time around. Luckely, Rein could tank the sword dude and the healer, and the last turn Klein killed the healer while Rein dealt with the sword.

The map didn't feel to hard, but it might just be that my team is pretty strong. I'll try it with some less OP units at a later time.

Similar to mine.

Mine was Julia (with drag back), Bunncina, Klein and Olivia

Klein tanking the sword dude and the healer was too good!

Took me some fiddling and a lot of SI but finally beat him.

40 5* Nowi

• Lightning Breath+
  • Def+3
  • Threaten Res 3
  • Speed+1
  • Draconic Aura
  • Rally Defense

40 5* Felicia

• Silver Dagger+
  • Resistance+3
  • Desesperation 3
  • Breath of Life 3
  • Draw Back
  • Glacies

40 5* M!Robin

• Blárraven+
  • Rally Resistance
  • Bonfire
  • Defiant Spd 3
  • Escape Route 2
  • Spur Def 3
  • Hp +3

31 3* Olivia

• Silver Sword
  • Dance
  • Hone atk 2

The only things i added were the Hp+3 and rally resistance for M!Robin, all else was already in my team as this is basically my usual strat. 

Positioning so Nowi is in range of Xander, Blue lance and Green tome, m!Robin to the right and rallies, Olivia below Nowi and Felicia blow m!Robin.

Next turn Nowi tanks everything, DA is charged so she finishes off the healed lancer and Olivia dances so she chips away the green tome. Felicia finishes the green tome and hangs in at 2 hp. M!Robin moves up and hits the staff.

Nowi tanks Xander and the staff, Nowi and Felicia finish them off, M!Robin finishes off swordsman with the aid of Olivia.

Beat Lunatic with 5⋆ Reinhardt, 4⋆ Nino, 5⋆ Eirika, and 3⋆ lvl 31 Olivia. The only important inheritance is Reposition on Reinhardt.

Turn 1 is spent positioning.
Enemy phase 1 passes uneventfully.

Turn 2, Nino fires at the lance, Olivia dances to Nino standing to the east of her, Nino draws Olivia back. Eirika steps near Nino, Reinhardt in the back.
Enemy phase 2, the healer heals the lance, everybody moves closer.

Turn 3, Eirika steps to the back row, Nino finishes the lance, Reinhardt fries Xander, Olivia dances to Reinhardt standing to the north of him, Reinhardt moves to the right and fries the sword. (Olivia blocks the mage from reaching Reinhardt.)
Enemy phase 3, both the mage and healer shoot at Olivia, leaving her at 1 HP.

Turn 4, Eirika pivots past Olivia, Olivia dances her, Eirika murders the mage, Reinhardt repositions Olivia away from harm, Nino comes north and shoots at the healer, blocking her from reaching Olivia.
Turn 4, the healer shoots at Eirika.

Turn 5, Nino (or Reinhardt) finishes the healer.
Stage clear!

Easily the easiest Grand Hero Battle. Beat it on Lunatic first try. Effie almost solo'd the entire map. 

My team was: Eirika, Effie, Linde and Camilla. 

All of them are of course maxed and SI'd except Camilla who didn't really do anything. 

46 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

:/ Seems like eveyone most people use Ninian/Olivia, Nino, Rein or Klein.

Can we get some more originality in here???

This usually happens at first, since some units just trivialise the map, meaning the people with those units are among the first to beat it and post here. People with more original ideas will come soon enough.

I've been trying some other team compositons, but it seems my Reigh is -spd, meaning he can't tank the red sword unit (with 27 speed he could, but that would require me to bring Ryoma for spur speed, which kind of beats the point). A 4-star Reigh with a different nature should be able to tank the sword and the green mage though, and then kill the green mage on the next turn. After that blue units should be able to tank pretty much anything on the map.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

Took me two tries to beat Lunatic Xander, the second try being an advancement of the first in that Robin (F) now has Reposition.

First turn is setup.

Second turn, Klein attacks the swordie and kills him over two rounds. Olivia dances him, and Robin (F) pulls her out of danger. On enemy phase, the green cavalier suicides on Klein (thanks to Glacies) and the other three units pile into the chokepoint.

Third turn, Robin (F) kills the lancie over two rounds with Olivia, and Klein shoots down the healer. Lissa heals him, while standing in the chokepoint to be Xander's only target. Xander does not kill Lissa here.

Fourth turn, now that Klein is not about to be murdered by Siegfried, Klein drops Xander to 1HP and Robin takes out that last hit point.

...The fact that Lissa tanking Xander to the face was the key to the strategy made it all the more hilarious.

Surprised it was pretty easy this time. I thought this was gonna be another hard one when looking at it. Team was Tharja/Ike/Bunny Camilla/Cordelia

Just lined everybody up just right out of range, then had Ike reposition Tharja above him so she could reach the red sword and kill him, then on the enemy phase the green horse mage suicided onto tharja and everyone else bunched up by the opening in the walls. B Camilla killed the blue lancer, Ike killed the healer and Tharja wiped Xander out.

Just another day of loving my MVP Tharja.

Woo! First time I've cleared a Lunatic GHB without resorting to a guide!

I will admit, I cleared it with Rein/Olivia/Nino on the team, but for posterity's sake, I went back and did it again without Reinhardt.

Characters/Skills of note

4star Frederick with +ATK nature and Brave Axe+/ATK+2/Drag Back/ATK Seal - this guy has been my powerhouse alongside Reinhardt ever since I got his kit together, and he was over half the kills in the map. Killed the Left lance user, Drag Back backed him off so a dancer can give him another go, and he killed the staff user after that. This also leaves him out of counterattack range from the rest of the units on the map. In the next turn, he also killed the green Mage that tried coming his way.

Azura/Ninian/Olivia - No combat necessary, just there to do the usual dance shenanigans. None of them are even level 40, and only Ninian is 5star

Nino - Level 22. There solely to Draw Back the dancer out of danger after they Danced Frederick. anybody with Draw Back or Reposition could fill this slot. This Nino is simply the one I had on hand.

Reinhardt Ursula - I feel like any number of blue mages or Spear or Sword(breaker) users could fill this role. They're here to kill Xander and the Sword on the Right.

This map felt surprisingly easy, but I get the feeling it's just a matter of having the right characters for the map for once; usually I have to resort to the Mkv. 3star guides to get it done. Feels good to finally clear one of these without a guide, though :^_^:

Edited by Tarilaan

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Surprised it was pretty easy this time. I thought this was gonna be another hard one when looking at it. Team was Tharja/Ike/Bunny Camilla/Cordelia

Just lined everybody up just right out of range, then had Ike reposition Tharja above him so she could reach the red sword and kill him, then on the enemy phase the green horse mage suicided onto tharja and everyone else bunched up by the opening in the walls. B Camilla killed the blue lancer, Ike killed the healer and Tharja wiped Xander out.

Just another day of loving my MVP Tharja.

I was surprised as well, zephniel was pretty easy, too, got him on first try.

However,  I guess its up to the units u own. Couldnt beat navarre on lunatic back then when it came out - granted my team was solely made of bunny units.

Getting Ike was really helpful or in other words made this one super easy. If someone doesnt have those units things might be different from that perspective.

Wonder what kind of 3* team will beat this map.

Again, a very easy GHB for me, beat Lunatic 1st try with a Team of 5* Nowi(+Atk,-Spd), Ninian(+Def,-Hp), Nino(+Spd,-Res), Lilina(+Atk,-HP). No SI except QR2 on Nowi was used.
Turn 1: Used for positioning
Turn 2:  PP: Lilina moves in and chips the Sworddude, gets danced by Ninian to finish him off. Nino drags Ninian out of danger. Nowi does nothing.
             EP: GreenMageknight attacks Lilina, and gets on low health. Healer warps next to him, heals him. Lancedude moves east and Xander moves towards the south.
Turn 3: PP: Lilina finishes G.Mageknight, Ninian dances Lilina, which chips the Healer. Nino kills Lancedude, and Nowi clogs up the space where Lancedude was to bait Xander.
            EP: Xander suicides himself on Nowi thanks to QR2, Healer attacks Ninian, but can't do shit to her.
Turn 4:  PP: Lilina finishes the Healer. Xander gets recruited.

Also Xanderhype

Spoiler

brUTURK.png

Yup, I definitely had the right units for the job and beat Lunatic first time.

Ryoma, Azura, Reinhardt and Bunny!Camilla made it a bit of a cakewalk. My biggest concern was killing the swordie, but all I had to do was have Ryoma block him and the rest sort of fell into place.

He kept attacking Ryoma, green mage suicided on him, for the first time. Enemy moves. 

Rein kills Xander in one attack, Bunny!Camilla kills lancer with some help from dancer Azura. Ryoma moves back to kill healer.

Enemy suicides on Ryoma. Everyone celebrates. Non-Bunny!Xander gets to join his bunny counterpart :D

Just now, Jedrus Lilac said:

I was surprised as well, zephniel was pretty easy, too, got him on first try.

However,  I guess its up to the units u own. Couldnt beat navarre on lunatic back then when it came out - granted my team was solely made of bunny units.

Getting Ike was really helpful or in other words made this one super easy. If someone doesnt have those units things might be different from that perspective.

Wonder what kind of 3* team will beat this map.

Indeed. While the last few have been easy first or second try clears, I couldn't beat Ursula's hard mode back when it was out since I had no trained up units that could handle that map well enough. (and mkv's video came out too late for me to train up a subaki and co to copy his strat)