Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

49 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think she doesn't need to be +ATK to one-round the sword fighter. With Heavy Blade seal she could proc glimmer+10 every combat. 

You are right, I forgot Heavy Blade seal could be available too because I stick it to my +Atk B!Ike and someone else never touch that seal again.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow managed to complete the Flier quests. Don't know if I could replicate it, to be honest. All I can say is that I used:

• +ATK -HP Summer Corrin w/ Glimmer + L&D3 + Desperation 3 + F. Fliers + Blarblade+ + SPD+3 (SS)
  • +SPD -ATK Spring!Camilla w/ Reposition + Glimmer + Darting Blow 3 + Desperation 3 + F. Fliers + Gronnblade+ + SPD+2 (SS)
  • +ATK -RES Beruka w/ Slaying Axe+(DEF) + Reposition + Ignis + F. Defense 3 + Guard + Goad Fliers + QR3 (SS)
  • +RES -HP Airzura w/ Hagoita+(SPD) + Sing + Moonbow + Flier Formation 3 + H. Fliers + RES+2 (SS)

All I remember is that Beruka basically blocked a chokepoint and the healer attacked, which kept the G. Mages from obliterating her. And Airzura tanked a hit from one of the mages. And S!Camilla killed the foot G. Mage, which was the last enemy.

It all just happened so quickly. 

i finished the xander quests today as well. for my flier team i had fgrima w/ QR3 seal, gerome, summer corrin, and NY camilla. that's prob. too many seasonals to be useful for anyone, but feel free to PM me for details if you need them. basically fgrima and NY camilla go up and right. they get hit a lot and fgrima counters and kills one of the green mages. summer corrin has to have hone attack 1 for gerome to finish off xander on the next turn. then gerome blocks the lancer and tanks the hits from the green mage, and the rest is clean up. iirc summer corrin doesn't do anything other than provide fortify fliers. orig. i was thinking she would attack xander and the lancer, but gerome ends up killing both of them.

edited to add: i'm glad i didn't attempt this quest before getting fgrima, as she's been super useful for this and all the other daily GHB flier quests.

Edited by geozeldadude

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Ginko I really... really want a Kagero now... Darn it I hope I can pull her before this banner is over.

There is still some time left to get her, man. 2 weeks, I think. 

I have both Kagerou and Legend Robin(at preferred nature). I think Kagerou is more useful as attacker.

Xander is probably the toughest of the GHBs to clear all the legendary quests for, but I finally did it myself a while back @____@ mad props to anyone else who managed it as well. Cavalry was probably the hardest for me what with those damn mages and all... 

I wish I had something useful to contribute but that's about it >< I dont even remember what team I used for the Cav one, truth be told...

On 4/8/2018 at 4:08 AM, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @DLNarshen @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams 

One Turn clears of all daily GHB maps completed:

You might want to put all of your clears in your signature so you don't have to post them everytime you post a clear.

On 4/8/2018 at 4:08 AM, mampfoid said:

This one was interesting. Couldn't start with Xander because of Guard. I had to give Roy Brave Sword and Summoner S Support. Xander also had to be DEF Ployed to get one-rounded. 

The other unit that gave me trouble was the Lance fighter with Sturdy Blow. To have him killed by Cordelia she needed Ally S Support with Roy and an ATK refinement. 

That Def Ploy really added up, didn't it. I remember trying to take Xander down with a Hone Cavalry supported Reinhardt with DB3 and that wasn't enough.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

You might want to put all of your clears in your signature so you don't have to post them everytime you post a clear.

I considered that, but I since I'm on mobile most of the the time, I can't see Signatures myself. I'll make a post in the project Topic after collecting some GHBs of the second rotation. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

That Def Ploy really added up, didn't it. I remember trying to take Xander down with a Hone Cavalry supported Reinhardt with DB3 and that wasn't enough.

DEF ploy came into play for the first time on Ursulas map, it's really a good addition to my base strategy. 

Finally finished off all the first set of GHB quests today by doing the flier quest for Xander.  Used 5* Cordelia, 5* Cherche, 5* Caeda and 4* Palla.  Had to do a fair bit of SI and abuse SSs but I finally got it done and all I have to say is fury Caeda is a very wonderful thing to behold. I had to put fury 3, escape route 1 and the distant def 3 SS on Caeda, Hone atk 1 and sur spd 2 SS on Cherche,  Swordbreaker 2 and drive def 1 SS on Cordelia and hp+4 and speed 3 SS on Palla.  

• 2 weeks later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Zeo

If Xander can have a horse killer then so can I. My approach was kill everyone before they can act because the enemies pack quite a punch and that wolf mage is deadly. The AI actually baffles me here. If the green mage just moved instead of standing in the same place then the wolf mage could’ve slayed Ursula.

@NegativeExponents- That was a rather surprising brain fart from the AI there at the beginning. That kind of thing reminds me of those odd times the blue units go for Inigo instead of Matthew or the blue units go for Matthew instead of Ayra. Worked in your favor though. Also rare sight of Ursula's AoE skill being put to actual use! I can't remember the last time I've seen anyone use that.

@Zeo Yeah the AI can be strange at times. Everytime I feel like I’m understanding their patterns they go off and pull stunts like that.

AoE specials can be pretty devastating under the right circumstances. I remember having to give one to ToD!Nowi to clear the Amelia and Tana BHB.

@NegativeExponents- That AoE special hitting 4 units must have been very satisfying. Cav Chrom is really a wall, taking single digit damage from that Infernal Lance Fighter. I'm full of great Sword Cavs, anyway I wish I had also him. Great to watch, congratulations!

@Zeo AoE specials are good in Rival Domains and Tempest Trials. I also needed it for my Zephiel clear (Monday). 

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid You saw the “Caeda KOs Everything” clear I did for this one, right? The one-turn is probably going to look pretty familiar if so.

Hide contents

Haha, it was really familiar! Tana had to take care of the Lance Fighter and to stay out range also took care of the healer. Caeda let everyone come to her, she likes green magic and horses obviously. Congratulations! 

@mampfoid Extremely satisfying to see an AoE hit so many units at once. Usually it’s only two or three units but everyone was aligned so perfectly here.

Chrom taking single digits from a lance is just an example of how broken sealed falchion is. 45 def after any combat thanks to fury is just insane. 59 def with 6 from close def + 8 from both ward cavs. Chrom taking damage at all at that point is more shocking.

I wonder how AoE is going to come into play for Zephiel. Is the AoE user for Zephiel going to be the Ursula that you used for Valter? I’m assuming no just because it seems too difficult to proc an AoE skill on the first turn with a ranged unit but she just came into mind after seeing her being used there.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I see. That does make more sense. I forget Reinhardt can run something other than QP moonbow. He even has an AoE by default so no need for SI.

There was quite some SI needed for the clear even on Reinhardt (Blazing Light, since his own AoE special didn't suffice, Death Blow, Hone Cav, Swordbreaker). 

• 2 weeks later...

Xander's down now too and I didn't even need to try a new strategy with Clair. I just used the same team I used for F!Robin with Caeda (unequipped Fury 3, forgot the seal unfortunately), L!Robin (Goad Fliers + QR3), Est (Hone Fliers + Drive Attack 2) and Minerva (Ward Fliers + Drive Defense 2). I repositioned Caeda buffed by Est with L!Robin during the first turn, she tanked Xander and killed him next round. Then I repositioned every one to safety, the green horse attacked Est while L!Robin tanked and killed both the healer and the blue lance. Next round Est took on the red sword while Minerva took care of the remaning green mage. This was surprisingly easy now with the correct buffs... Before I repositioned Caeda with Est all the time. So it was just one tiny step I had to change up for victory.

Can we get new GHB quests now? (Or maybe not... I'm not sure if I want to fight F!Takumi with fliers on Infernal, would that even be possible?)

If you have a red unit who can counter the green mages (BK, Zelgius, WinterTharja) with quick riposte seal, you shouldn't have many problems. If not (like me), there's no real chance to beat it.

Effie or WinterLyn with swordbreaker can ORKO Xander.

I would run Amelia, WHector, WLyn... and the red armor with two range counter if I had it.

Drawing back and then smiting the red unit to make them move next to the sworduser on the top right in the first turn.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli