Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

Man, a red distant counter sword (red mage too?) really goes a long way in this chapter. I beat it again on my alt, and instead of some fancy-ass team i have on my main I have a -spd +def ryoma, a 4* Reinhardt pretending he had something resembling dire thunder with TA1 and lancebreaker1 (i'll get him better stuff later), a lv 21 azura, and a lv 19 3* lissa. Shoutout to Rein for facetanking xander for a turn and then nuked him with a blazing thunder.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SaMaster14 said:

Ya, my Ninian didn't actually have to battle anyone at all

Yeah, I didn't attacked anyone with Olivia she could die in a second. Actually, I think I hasn't used Olivia for battle since long time ago, she is just around to save everyone's asses lol

Got bored, put my theory to the test and it worked. No SI, finished lunatic with only two units. 

Spoiler

Makes me wonder if its possible to do it with SI but only one unit. Sadly I'll never have the resources to try that out. 

About the Battling Xander Banner, WHY THE HECK IS EMERALD AXE ARTHUR THERE. Like, the weapon triangle disadvantage, we have seen before with previous banners, but the character's before had SOME type advantage over the GHB, like Freddy with his hammer against Zephiel. Arthur has ZERO use against Xander (unless you want to count the one blue lance unit).

1 minute ago, KongDude88 said:

About the Battling Xander Banner, WHY THE HECK IS EMERALD AXE ARTHUR THERE. Like, the weapon triangle disadvantage, we have seen before with previous banners, but the character's before had SOME type advantage over the GHB, like Freddy with his hammer against Zephiel. Arthur has ZERO use against Xander (unless you want to count the one blue lance unit).

Hey, my strategy had a unit who's one job was to Reposition Olivia and kill the lancer with Olivia help.

Granted, Swap's not going to do the job Reposition did, but...

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

This piece of crap green valkyrie!

Green valkyrie rant in spoiler:

Hide contents

Let's plan a strategy; let's kill the sword infantry with Ursula with Blarblade or Blarwolf with at least an Attack +1 seal. Then the special question is how to get either Ursula or Ninian/Olivia out. Ursula gets OHKO'd by the green valkyrie. Move her out and either dancer will get ganged up on by lance infantry, the green valkyrie, and Xander. Raigh's only a 3* and the lv. 40 4* Sophia being -Atk makes her a damn joke against the sword infantry. She only does 18 damage against him while he does 17x2. If I hit him twice, then Ignis activates on his side and RIP Sophia. And then the game has to remind me that Virion is my only good archer. He can kill the green valkyrie in 2 hits! Green valkyrie leaves him with 7 HP on their first encounter and has Vantage... I'd be happy with a -Atk Henry right now. At least he has G Tomebreaker. I've yet to summon any red mage that is not Sophia or recently, 1 Raigh.

The only way I can get out them out safely if Ursula inherits Reposition which apparently Ursula can afford right now. Next question: Where will this killjoy go? Somewhere inconvenient probably.

Murdering the blue lancer with F!Robin works through a 2HKO if she has Gronnraven+ and a +4 attack buff -- can't afford Lancebreaker and I'd have to get something like Reposition to get Olivia out making it even more expensive. I'd have to get F!Robin and Olivia out which is going to suck since both of them will be in range of the sword infantry, dirtbag valkyrie, and Xander. It would have to be Reposition for F!Robin where someone like Effie, Subaki, or Sully is now in range of Xander and either Draw Back or Reposition on a non-cavalry red unit for Olivia.

I could just stick Effie in range of the blue lancer and Xander, but then I'd have a giant pileup to deal with... I think the last time I did that for hard mode, I put F!Corrin up a tile which put her in range of the freaking green valkyrie who covers almost every damn tile. Everyone tried to murder her, but she lived... Barely.

Right? Fuck that valkyrie. It also has stupidly high HP/Res so I couldn't kill it with Blade Ursula even if I got the first hit. I didn't have a strong red mage or Ryoma so my options were "use blue and gibbed by valkyrie or use green and get ganked by sword". What I ended up using was my +Def/-HP Hector buffed by Fortify Armor to tank the Sword guy and have enough HP left over for a Quick Riposte and kill the mage... And then I had an angry Ignis charged Sword guy chasing down my armors while Effie and Ninian were struggling to kill the Lancer and Xander (who was also gunning for Hector). I ended up winning by having Fury Ninian tanking the Ignis hit but it was really close.

Edited by NekoKnight

13 hours ago, KongDude88 said:

Maybe its a continuation of the "he's very unlucky" joke. Like, great he gets to be a pullable 5*, but of course its against a near full ranged red unit. Haha.

And done using Mkv's strategy. 4* Olivia and Ursula work. Olivia is just Olivia. Ursula on the other hand cannot attack the sword infantry like Mkv does after taking out Xander who she can OHKO with Blarwolf as a 4*, chip damage from Zephiel, and Threaten Resistance 3. Main reason is because of the cleric's Wings of Mercy 3 which means Zephiel dies to the lance infantry. Just have Olivia move up to tank and everything works out in end.

I really hate the green valkyrie. Not going to bother to find out if there's some other strategy I can use with my units. Gotta focus on finals.

Edited by Kaden

On 03/05/2017 at 5:22 AM, Kiran said:

Got bored, put my theory to the test and it worked. No SI, finished lunatic with only two units. 

Hide contents

Makes me wonder if its possible to do it with SI but only one unit. Sadly I'll never have the resources to try that out. 

Thanks for that, I had F!Corrin already and managed to get a 5* Tharja last week or so :)

Tried to beat Lunatic like fifty times but no luck. I don't think I have a unit capable of tanking the physical hits and the magical one. Every single unit I put out there to bait dies to either one or the other. I can't even get past the first turn. :dry:

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Tried to beat Lunatic like fifty times but no luck. I don't think I have a unit capable of tanking the physical hits and the magical one. Every single unit I put out there to bait dies to either one or the other. I can't even get past the first turn. :dry:

Whaaaaaaaat!?

I can help if you want. Just show me a list of your units.

Also, do you have a 5 star +Atk Nino by any chance?

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just show me a list of your units.

I can't really screenshot from my phone ;-;

But I can give you a list of all the lvl 40s I have if that's what you're asking.

Spoiler

5* Alm +Res, -Atk
5* Karel +Atk, -HP
5* Fae +Spd, -HP
5* Klein +HP, -Spd
4* Lilina +Spd, -Atk
4* Effie +Atk, -HP
4* Subaki +HP, -Atk
4* Cherche +Atk, -Spd
4* Nino +Spd, -HP
4* Jeorge +Spd, -Def
4* Robin +Spd, -Res

And soon to join (currently at lvl 35)

5* Julia
5* Seliph
4* Cordelia

And currently training
5* Mist (Level 25, but taking her with the teams into the high-level tower.)

26 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also, do you have a 5 star +Atk Nino by any chance?

Noooo :( I have a 4* +Spd Nino, but that's as far as I have.

Edited by Extrasolar

34 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Hide contents

5* Alm +Res, -Atk

Noooo :( I have a 4* +Spd Nino, but that's as far as I have.

So, heres what I'm thinking. I havent fully leveld Alm(Edit: Using the max stats of a 40 Alm for calculation), but HP seal Res+ Alm should survive you the first turn for pulling the enemy if you go to the right side. If my number crunching is correct(You can live through Horsey mage and the red sword man). I don't use Nino, but potentially using drawback could help as well or just replacing a unit with anything that dances.

Edited by rockocalypse

35 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

4* Nino +Spd, -HP

5* Klein +HP, -Spd

One of these two should be able to kill the sword guy on the right with a dance (Nino needs a decent amount of buffs to up her damage; 4 hits from Klein with the atk+1 seal should be a KO) and then kill the green valk on enemy phase. You will need reposition or draw back to pull the dancer to safety though.

If they can't kill the sword guy or they can't survive the green horse, you can just have them agro the enemy by attacking the sword guy and then when they are danced you retreat with them while pulling the dancer out of harms way as well, Nino already has draw back, Klein would need to inherit reposition or draw back.

After getting the enemy to agro, you should be able to clean up from there. I would think that Klein, Nino, Karel, and any Olivia would be your best team. Or go with Effie over Karel if he can't survive.

Good luck!

Edited by Hawk King

@Extrasolar How about Cordelia, Nino, Olivia and Klein?

Klein should be able to kill the sword if Olivia dances him. Nino can drag Olivia out of danger. Klein thus can also kill the green cav on enemy phase. That leaves Xander, healer, and lance. Lance should be taken care of by Nino + Klein. Cordelia should be able to blockade Xander from approaching. Kill Xander with Cordelia and that just leaves the healer who anybody should be able to pick off.  

24 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Klein thus can also kill the green cav on enemy phase.

Can't, due to the speed boost the healer gives, Klein gets doubled and killed on enemy phase. :/

Edited by Extrasolar

21 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Can't, due to the speed boost the healer gives, Klein gets doubled and killed on enemy phase. :/

What speed boost? The healer has hone speed to boost the speed of the Lance but Klein never gets hit by the Lance so it's moot. -spd Klein should have 25 speed, not low enough to get doubled by the mage.

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

How much damage does the green cav do versus Klein's HP/Res?

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

What speed boost? The healer has hone speed to boost the speed of the Lance but Klein never gets hit by the Lance so it's moot. -spd Klein should have 25 speed, not low enough to get doubled by the mage.

Not the lance; when I take out the sword, the healer rushes to support the mounted mage and ignores the lance.

Generally it goes like this.

Klein attacks red sword, gets danced by Olivia, kills red sword. Olivia gets drawn back out of danger by Nino.

Enemy phase. Klein attacked by green mage, puts a good dent in HP. Healer comes over and heals mounted mage up to roughly 17 HP. Mounted mage also has vantage, and roughly 17 HP left, meaning Klein can't attack him or he'll get killed. If he does nothing, he'll get killed on the following phase.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

How much damage does the green cav do versus Klein's HP/Res?

Each hit deals 22 damage to Klein. Klein has 43 HP total, meaning he gets killed in two hits.

But Klein had Quick Riposte. Meaning he doubles. Plus with Glacies, he should have no trouble at all as the green mage should be dead within one round of combat. 

Edited by Kiran

9 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Not the lance; when I take out the sword, the healer rushes to support the mounted mage and ignores the lance.

Generally it goes like this.

Klein attacks red sword, gets danced by Olivia, kills red sword. Olivia gets drawn back out of danger by Nino.

Enemy phase. Klein attacked by green mage, puts a good dent in HP. Healer comes over and heals mounted mage up to roughly 17 HP. Mounted mage also has vantage, and roughly 17 HP left, meaning Klein can't attack him or he'll get killed. If he does nothing, he'll get killed on the following phase.

Each hit deals 22 damage to Klein. Klein has 43 HP total, meaning he gets killed in two hits.

This is my exact strategy, and green tome guy gets exploded.

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

But Klein had Quick Riposte. Meaning he doubles. Plus with Glacies, he should have no trouble at all as the green mage should be dead. 

My Klein has Bowbreaker to counter Takumis in the arena, but switched it back and did kill the green mage...but then I have no way to take out Xander, because if I leave Klein in his path he'll die to him after taking damage from the mage.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

My Klein has Bowbreaker to counter Takumis in the arena, but switched it back and did kill the green mage...but then I have no way to take out Xander, because if I leave Klein in his path he'll die to him after taking damage from the mage.

This is why Cordelia is there? Take out the lance with Nino and Klein. Block Xander's approach with Cordelia. Xander will be wedged between the two walls, unable to reach your other units. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

This is why Cordelia is there? Take out the lance with Nino and Klein. Block Xander's approach with Cordelia. Xander will be wedged between the two walls, unable to reach your other units. 

But I have no one who can kill him. Distant Counter kills on the counterattack no matter who I use to attack him, and Cordelia does not deal enough damage to get close to killing him.

19 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

If he doesn't already have it, put the HP +3 seal on Klein.