Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

12 hours ago, Sasori said:

I'm happy that my Robin/Raigh/Gordin/Azura team managed to clear the infantry quest, but sadly my attempts at clearing the flier quest is going a lot less well.

I feel like the Xander grand hero battle is almost impossible with my current team since without Airzura I can't do anything to avoid the green mages. Xander's panic ploy messing with my buffs isn't helping.

At the moment my team consists of Elincia, Scorrin, Hino and Michalis with Claire and Camilla being other 5 star flyers in my barracks.

Could goad buffs work for you?

Ward buffs would be nice, too, but I've just looked those up and only New Year Camilla (unless that's the Camilla you mean) and Minerva have them -.-

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m having a wonderful time with the earth season and Soren’s weapon upgrade. 

I’m going to merge the Ike’s now but I was holding off so I could see if I could pull this off. 

So wanna now what was the key to beating this for me?

Seth. Yeah that guy that is utterly useless. He did what Brave Roy, Exalted Chrom, etc all couldn't. He tanked like a champ and Killed the green cav with a charged bonfire. I didn't think to try him after TA Brave Roy fell. Figured if Roy couldn't do it no way someone with significantly less res than him could do it. However, I did cheat a bit. Gave him a bottom of the barrel Summoner support so that he could avoid being hit for exact HP on the last enemy phase. Not sure if that would have worked with Roy or not. Didn't think to try back then. But yeah, the Silver Knight went and saved the day, preventing Xander from ridding off with Eirika(that is what would happen if Xander won, right?).

Strat - Gunnthra debuffs. Eirika nukes the green foot. Seth Swaps with Eirika. Reinhardt repositions Eirika out of harms way. Red sword and Green cav blast Seth. Seth does very little damage to the red sword. Eirika brutally murders the red sword for daring to attack her knight. Seth murders the Green Cav. Sword Breaker Reinhardt murders Xander. Gunnthra blocks the blue lance from hitting anyone but her. Lance attacks Gunnthra. Healer blasts Seth. Reinhardt murders the lance. Eirika murders the Staff for daring to attack her knight.

I probably should have just leveled Xander, but I had Exalted Chrom to level and I can only stomach leveling so many Red swords per week.

There! I did it! Screw you, game, for denying me any flying mages. Used a team of 4* Cordelia (+Spd, -Def), 5* Elincia (+Def, -HP), 5* Gerome, and 4* Palla (neutral). For skill inheritance and seals, Cordelia has Reposition, Hit and Run, Spur Spd 2, and an Attack +1 seal, Elincia has Draw Back, Wings of Mercy 2, Goad Fliers, and a Drive Def 2 seal, Gerome has Fortress Def 3 unequipped and inherited Brave Axe+, Swap, Ignis, Lancebreaker, and Goad Fliers, and Palla has Swap and a Spur Atk 1 seal. RIP +Res, -Def 5* Raven who mysteriously showed up alongside my third Raven a long time ago. Your sacrifice was not in vain and you letting me test drive an unrefined Basilikos was pretty fun. Also, the other units for their skills too.

The strategy is Ventus's, but with Elincia in place of a second Palla with Brave Sword and Gerome in place of Cherche. I didn't want to give a random Palla a Brave Sword even though I do have a +Atk one and Elincia, well, two of them, were just there and she has Amiti. =Atk 4* Cordelia needed an Attack +1 seal and Palla's Spur Atk 1 seal on top of 2 stacks of Goad Fliers to ORKO Xander. Being 5*, +Atk, or having T-Adept 3 could work as well. I do have a +Def, -Atk 5* Cordelia whose T-Adept 3 would have allowed her to ORKO Xander with just the two stacks of Goads, but I chose to invest in my +Spd, -Def one. Reposition isn't exactly plentiful these days for me. Elincia having Drive Def was just to make sure Cordelia could survive against both Xander and the sword infantry. She couldn't take the third hit against the sword infantry, so I just had Palla use Swap and had her tank a hit for Cordelia to finish off the sword infantry on the next turn. As for Gerome, he's the TT bonus unit, he's getting a ton of SP, he was only missing Brave Axe and Lancebreaker, and I have a ton of units I need to get rid of, especially since I want to do at least two full summons on the next banner this week.

Here's Ventus's strategy if anyone wants to see it again assuming it was posted here already. Ventus used a team of 4* Cherche (+Atk, -Res) with Brave Axe, Glowing Ember, and Lancebreaker, 5* +Atk, -HP Cordelia with her skills set as her 4* self and with Reposition, 4* Palla #1 (neutral) with Brave Sword, Draw Back, and an Attack +1 seal, and Palla #2 (+Spd, -Res) with Swap and a Spur Def 1 seal. The Palla using Brave Sword cannot be -HP or -Res since the green mage would kill her.

Spoiler

Now that leaves the fliers quests for F!Robina and Ursula.

Edited by Kaden

just in case anyone finds it useful, i did the armor quest with amelia, halloween jakob, black knight, and effie. nothing too unusual in terms of skills except BK had the QR3 seal and reposition and effie had sol, and i think amelia had the brash assault seal.

Edited by geozeldadude

• 2 weeks later...

@Zeo @mampfoid @Cute Chao @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria

Cavalry clear for Xander Infernal. Basically Xander and his Siegbert have a father-son bonding time by...beating up himself. Also featuring  Savage Blow Lilina and Poison Strike Reinhardt (he actually doesn't dominate this and has trouble ORKOing Xander thanks to Aegis)

Team was +Spd/-Def Seigbert, +Spd/-Res Lilina, +Res/-HP Reinhardt and neutral Xander.

Music is a Dark Fall (Fire) from Fire Emblem Conquest. One of the best battle/map themes and still not in Heroes? 

Again, this is one of the trickier maps to use an all cavalry team with because of the Gronnwolf mage cavalier, meaning no easy Reinhardt clears on Turn 1. A couple of things:

- Lilina has Gronnblade. Not the + version because my feather resources are used somewhere else right now. This map would have been easier if I did have the + version though, but I decided to stubbornly work with what I had. But yes, regular fully-buffed Gronnblade was enough to initiate and ORKO the sword on the right.

-Distant Defense Xander doing work again. Like the Ursula GHB, this is one of those maps where Quick Riposte was a BAD idea as the Gronnwolf mage would decimate him.

- At 1:40- Reinhardt's only contribution besides providing cav buffs- Poison Strike! Enemy Xander was annoyingly bulky thanks to Aegis. Now the Poison Strike is actually important, along with Lilina's Savage Blow at 1:53. This allows Siegbert to defeat his father as without those two Sacred Seals, he couldn't overcome his father's power.

- 2:10 - Galeforce shenanigans are a wonderful thing. Drag Back ensured Siegbert's safety as his Res stat isn't great. After overcoming the chokepoint, the map is basically over. Vantage Xander was more of a style choice, Lilina could have also defeated the green mage because she had G Tomebreaker (I forgot to check if she naturally outspeeds the mage, but she was also Fury/Hone buffed and has a +Spd boon).

Since I don't have Siegbert in the second account, I'm still trying to think of a way to defeat this map with an all cav thing. Still pretty proud of this clear considering I don't have a red mage cavalry unit.

@mcsilas Good father-son bonding time. What was particularly clever was the Poison Strike/Savage Blow tactics. I'm lazy and probably would have just slapped Swordbreaker 1 on Reinhardt so he could oneshot Xander. Nice to see LA!Lillina putting in work as well.

@mcsilas Nice, that was some good use of the skills you had. Congratulations! Extra points for the use of Galeforce! GF wouldn't have procced because of Guard if Reinhardt hadn't softened Xander up, that's why I'll need some other units to make an one turn clear work here. 

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Still pretty proud of this clear considering I don't have a red mage cavalry unit.

Same here, but DC Sigurd makes a little bit up for that. 

Finally got around to doing this thanks to my need for legendary orbs. Nothing particularly creative, just cribbed Pheonixmaster's strat of sending Titania left and G Tomebreaker Xander. I kind of botched the strategy but managed to get through okay despite the differences. (My original attempts were based on Vantage Xander killing both mages but I couldn't get it to work thanks to only having Fury 2, which left me exactly one damage short)

- Xander doesn't have Reposition so I had to take Camus instead of Sully to fling Titania forward. This worked out fine.

- I totally forgot to change Ursula's tome from Blarblade to Blarwolf. Between this and forgetting to put the Spur Atk seal on, she couldn't quite kill Xander. Camus tidied up easily enough though.

- 5-star Titania one-rounds the lancer and I was worried that it'd let the healer run loose but no such thing happened and Titania went ahead and executed the healer too.

Edited by Humanoid

Finally could beat the fliers request thanks to female fallen Robin.
With vantage, sol and QR-seal she could tank as I wished.
With defense buffs phyiscal units (including Xander) couldn't do any damage to her and she could absorb any magical damage with sol.
Cordelia finished Xander off in turn 2.

@mcsilas - Finally got around to watching the videos I was tagged in. I remember using Xander on this map. He really just destroys with Vantage. But I'm jealous of your Siegbert. I really, really need to give him Galeforce, but I've got so many projects going on. It's kind of poetic watching father and son fight against...father. 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@mcsilas - Finally got around to watching the videos I was tagged in. I remember using Xander on this map. He really just destroys with Vantage. But I'm jealous of your Siegbert. I really, really need to give him Galeforce, but I've got so many projects going on. It's kind of poetic watching father and son fight against...father. 

Yeah it's really fun, and thanks to @mampfoid for his advice on giving him GF. Was also inspired by his Brave Roy.

But yeah Xander is always useful in these tight maps, just because you really need DC against ranged units, and the two green mages meant you need a red mage or DC user to check them.

Speaking of themed videos, I cleared Infernal in my second account with a Xander and Leo pair. Brother bonding time!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Cute Chao

I mean sure this isn't as excitingly creative as my other videos but  I might as well post it since it's another themed clear.

Team is +HP/-Spd Leo, neutral Xander, neutral Camus and +1 +Spd/-HP Reinhardt. Leo has the red blade tome, Triangle Adept 1 and Swordbreaker.

Music is No Justice (Fire) from Fire Emblem Conquest- again, another piece of music that's not in Heroes.

Leo's speed is just bad. Especially since mine is -Spd so I really needed Swordbreaker on Leo, especially so he could survive Xander's attacks. I also copied enemy Xander and used Guard on my Xander as letting the enemy mage proc Glacies deals great damage even to Leo.

Reinhardt facetanking Xander was pretty funny to see.

So yeah, bladetome-ing my way through this since I needed the orbs. Maybe when I'm bored, one day I'll try and use Leo's Brynhildr instead so it fits the theme more of the Nohr brothers teaming up together with their respective legendary weapons.

@mcsilas Well done also the second one. Xander must have done something wrong in his family, if everybody wants to kill him. Since F!Grimas map standard units have equipped also refined weapons, a Keen Wolftome could have ruined this run, the Cav would have ignored Leo's buffs. 

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Well done also the second one. Xander must have done something wrong in his family, if everybody wants to kill him. Since F!Grimas map standard units have equipped also refined weapons, a Keen Wolftome could have ruined this run, the Cav would have ignored Leo's buffs. 

It’s because he’s been hanging around with Veronica and has been hoarding orbs that I need.

well that and Leo is my only red horse mage haha. I thought it would be easier since he had TA and the blade tome but enemy placement still makes it tricky because of the tight spaces.

i wonder if Leo’s refined Brynhildr would work well on this map. I don’t have the resources and he’s low on the weapong upgrade list but maybe if I have excess Divine Dew (hah) I’ll give it a try.

@Zeo thanks! His low Speed makes him a bit tricky to use but I still enjoy using him, he’s a great character. i think I only have 1 swordbreaker fodder left after this but it was worth it to see him shrug off his brother’s Siegfried and fire back with his own magical swords.

also i keep forgetting how bulky Reinhardt can be when he isn’t outsped.

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @DLNarshen @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams 

One Turn clears of all daily GHB maps completed:

This one was interesting. Couldn't start with Xander because of Guard. I had to give Roy Brave Sword and Summoner S Support. Xander also had to be DEF Ployed to get one-rounded. 

The other unit that gave me trouble was the Lance fighter with Sturdy Blow. To have him killed by Cordelia she needed Ally S Support with Roy and an ATK refinement. 

I already checked the other GHBs, I think my bane will be Zephiel because of four times Wary Fighter. 

Spoiler

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

Michalis (Infernal GHB):

Minerva & Maria (Infernal BHB):

Narcian (Infernal GHB):

Navarre (Infernal GHB):

Robin (Infernal GHB):

Ursula (Infernal GHB)

I have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video. 

Finally did all the quests. Had to give Tana the +3 Attack skill as LaD3 made her too frail, and then on top of that upgrade a Resistance seal and give to her. Palla also needed the DD seal. All in all great fun, though I'm dreading Robin's quests.

@mampfoid Roy comes through again. That Lance fighter had some ridiculous bulk, still I have to point out that this was yet another 3 man clear as Barst was just a Reposition bot.

Not sure Zephiel is 1-turnable, good luck all the same!

This one's still feels impossible to do with fliers for me. My +RES -SPD L!Robin with all flier buffs can tank the mages and sword on the right during first round and next round I can annihilate the blue lancer with Cherche and the green horse with either Caeda or Est. But then it's either Caeda killing Xander and her or L!Robin being killed in return by the red sword and whoever is still left.

Just now, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Roy comes through again. That Lance fighter had some ridiculous bulk, still I have to point out that this was yet another 3 man clear as Barst was just a Reposition bot.

Not sure Zephiel is 1-turnable, good luck all the same!

Since Azura didn't fight anyone as well, you could call it a 2 man/woman clear. 

About Zephiels map: Roy could one-round the two Axe Knights with Axebreaker, but the others can't equip breakers because they need WoM. The start will cost one unit for Reposition/Dance, since everyone is out of reach. Max 3 units will have to do the dirty work again. 

Thanks! 

@mcsilas @Zeo as I complained in the past that I can't clear this map with flier team because I don't have Haloween Nowi or any other flier mages. I mentioned too that I don't want to waste feathers for wet noodle Caeda. I don't have NewYork Azura for extra turn too. But today I have Ninjabbit Kagerou. And she is the MVP too. Please enjoy watching ^^

Important note: -Kagerou need to be +atk nature and require +3 atk seal to ORKO the swordmaster. Other natures need Heavy Blade seal instead.

-Anyone can replace with Ellincia, she just be there for Reposition and Goad Flier.

-Anyone can replace Hinoka too but need to have Hone Flier and Reposition or Draw Back.

-Cordelia cannot ORKO Xander (no special proc)without Kagerou's Carrot debuff.

Edited by Ginko

@Ginko Wow that Kagero does some big damage!!! I wish I had her, that 81 damage looked pretty scary.

Yeah this map is tough if you don't have a ranged flier. It's kind of sad that until Morgan, all the ranged fliers are seasonal. Hinoka is the only non-seasonal Hone Flier unit and she's rare as well.

Fliers here was a skin-of-my-teeth victory. Caeda, F!Morgan, and Myrrh, all +4 each, and F!Grima +2.

Caeda wouldn't have survived Xander, the green cavalier, and the cleric all rushing her without a Fortress Res seal, Myrrh providing Goad Fliers, and F!Morgan hitting Xander with Atk Ploy. Without the seal, the cleric kills her instead of healing Xander. After all that, she was in Desperation range and defeated Xander.

Myrrh and F!Morgan had Lancebreaker and Swordbreaker to wipe out the respective foes. F!Grima cleaned up the green foes and the cleric.

@mcsilas Barst is the best Repositioner. 

@Ginko Wow, you made me want to give Fury to my +ATK Kagero. That was some good use of Vantage. She didn't even need her special. 

I think she doesn't need to be +ATK to one-round the sword fighter. With Heavy Blade seal she could proc glimmer+10 every combat.