Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

Just now, daisy jane said:

that was a v. nice clear :) good job! 

annnd. lol yah. Hrid is doomed for the slaughter. he has one week to live and then it's off to SI land. 

Thanks! I forgot to switch on battle animations, no sound is because I'm not at my PC. 

Poor Hrid. I wish I could salvage at least his nature from the bloodshed. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! I forgot to switch on battle animations, no sound is because I'm not at my PC. 

Poor Hrid. I wish I could salvage at least his nature from the bloodshed. 

lol + spd/-def. there is no hope for the poor soul. 

@mampfoidnicely done. I for myself cant use units like Gharneff or Fallen Takumi because their weapons only activate once ._. i really hate that part. I wish their weapons would activate every 3 turns (not the dmg part but the debuff part at least)

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Played a little bit around with my newest units. Gharnef is surprisingly useful with his high bulk and he loves the buffs Laevatein gives him. 

Only SI was Reposition on Hrid (Summoner S was not necessary, don't kill him @daisy jane ;- )). Gharnef needed Close Defense seal to survive all three attacks on turn 1.

Triple chill was helpful, -ATK on Hrid and Ylgr were no problem. For Abyssal they'd need more tweaks (didn't try). 

@Nanima @Hilda @Zeo @mcsilas

That Triple Chill was nice and Laevatein passing off those buffs to Gharnef really helped his survivability~ Nice job with your new toys~

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

@mampfoidnicely done. I for myself cant use units like Gharneff or Fallen Takumi because their weapons only activate once ._. i really hate that part. I wish their weapons would activate every 3 turns (not the dmg part but the debuff part at least)

Well, I don't really use Gharnef for example. Also FH!Takumi only sees use on Oliver's team for special clears, but on those clears gimmicky weapons are fun. 

I liked that everyone could bring into play 1-2 of their special skills. Ylgr had to be near Gharnef to kill that Lance, Hrid could double thanks to debuffs and Gharnef could finish Xander thanks to his tome (wouldn't have survived the counter-attack). Only Laevatein didn't need the special effect of her sword. 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

That Triple Chill was nice and Laevatein passing off those buffs to Gharnef really helped his survivability~ Nice job with your new toys~

Thanks! I'm coming to like these debuff skills.

On 10.12.2018 at 1:05 PM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Oh wow, that's a lot of Chills! It looks so much fun to use, and I love Gharnef's laugh at the start of the turn. Great use of Imhullu's effect as well, take that DC weapons!

Yeah, Gharnef has got an awesome sprite and I like gimmicky skills. Too bad he is a rather mediocre unit. 

On 10.12.2018 at 7:31 PM, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Wow! That was really great to watch. Your team is really super chill. haha I still hate Gharnef with a passion, but I do admit having his bulk on your side can be great. 

Glad you liked it. 

Haha, I just like the looks of Gharnef. Don't know anything of his game/story though. 

@mampfoid That was the most chill clear I've ever seen! Yep... puns.

Seriously though, superb use of Hrid's weapon as well as Gharnef's gimmick It honestly scares me what you could do with Hrid if you wanted to. Soren with Chill ATK+SPD/Lillina with Chill DEF (Or Ophelia with her Chill RES), Hrid and either Gunnthra or a healer. The stuff of nightmares, that is.

@Zeo Thanks! (I'm always open for puns)

Yeah, Hrid is awesome. I'm still a little bummed about his -ATK, but +HP is better than I thought. 

I just wanted to try out a new play style with new units and I must say it's fun so far. Perhaps I'll try some other combinations as well. 

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Nanima @Azuris @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @Baldrick @Cute Chao @Vaximillian @Alkaid

@daisy jane

Old Matthew Clear:

Spoiler

So I revisited this one as well. I told myself I wasn't going to do these old ones with my Morgan team and so far I've been eating my words. We'll see how things progress but I went ahead and did this one. But the twist is, all 3 clears are Abyssal! It's another one of those cases where I couldn't beat it with my Matthew team beforehand and had to throw units together for the accessory before the map's expiry on the first day. Revisiting it with a clear head and patience once more however, made for an easy victory. 

I didn't get the Matt vs Xander battle I would have liked, but I didn't really get that in the infernal clear either. Xander is something of a hard counter to Matt. He doesn't really have the ATK to punch through Xander's colossal DEF, so I found another way. Rather quickly, actually.

Morgan clear got problematic near the end, but the issue was I was trying to put focus on the wrong unit during the latter half of the battle. After throwing on a specific seal on a key unit and swapping out a few skills on Amelia for the right combination of attack and speed I was able to seal the deal for their first (and maybe only) Abyssal clear ever.

Lastly we have the original clear I did for the accessory which I guess by all accounts is a special clear. Some units thrown together to beat the map as quickly as possible. Azura dances, Rein uses Swordbreaker to nuke the red threats, Lon'Qu does Galeforce things and Matt's the usual wall. The difference this time is that the first go around I needed the Speed+3 seal on Azura. For this recording however, Lon'Qu had Drive speed which I didn't pay attention to before, so I didn't actually have to swap anything out on Azura. 

It just goes to show, even without his team Matt is just a solid all purpose wall, even if he doesn't get all the kills.

We're done here.

Edited by Zeo

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

I didn't get the Matt vs Xander battle I would have liked, but I didn't really get that in the infernal clear either. Xander is something of a hard counter to Matt. He doesn't really have the ATK to punch through Xander's colossal DEF, so I found another way. Rather quickly, actually.

Try it with Sorcery Blade. 

Great you got all three clear in Abyssal done! 

Interesting Xander would attack Matthew in the end and not Ayra (he would have died by her special?). Xander blocked the Infantry lance, I guess it helped. 

It's really fantastic how many units Matthew takes care of alone, if you think how bloated their stats are at Abyssal. 

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Morgan clear got problematic near the end, but the issue was I was trying to put focus on the wrong unit during the latter half of the battle. After throwing on a specific seal on a key unit and swapping out a few skills on Amelia for the right combination of attack and speed I was able to seal the deal for their first (and maybe only) Abyssal clear ever.

Awesome start with Morgan, the WoM healer couldn't even beam in! 

This time Ninian did the road-block and she even got the boss-kill. 

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lastly we have the original clear I did for the accessory which I guess by all accounts is a special clear. Some units thrown together to beat the map as quickly as possible. Azura dances, Rein uses Swordbreaker to nuke the red threats, Lon'Qu does Galeforce things and Matt's the usual wall. The difference this time is that the first go around I needed the Speed+3 seal on Azura. For this recording however, Lon'Qu had Drive speed which I didn't pay attention to before, so I didn't actually have to swap anything out on Azura. 

It just goes to show, even without his team Matt is just a solid all purpose wall, even if he doesn't get all the kills.

Curious team, glad to see Lon'qu working so well on Abyssal ... he got a kill against WT! 

Congrats (on all three clears), you really ring the bells before calling an end to your FEH clears era. Can't believe you would ever stop with these. 

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

So I revisited this one as well. I told myself I wasn't going to do these old ones with my Morgan team and so far I've been eating my words.

Looks like you got a lot of motivation left for the end.

So all abyssal this time. Let's see.

That was some really aggressive opening with Matthew, but it worked out and got rid of the mages pretty fast. And if you can't take out Xander fast just let him sit there until everyone else is gone, nice idea.

Interesting, that this was the first Morgan abyssal. It looked like the battle was decided pretty fast. Especially having Morgan 1 turn half of the map was amazing.

What? Matthew ditched his team for Rein & Co. Aw, and I thought they worked so well together.

Congratulations on the abyssal clears. Well done.

Edited by Azuris

21 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Nanima @Azuris @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @Baldrick @Cute Chao @Vaximillian @Alkaid

@daisy jane

Old Matthew Clear:

Reveal hidden contents

So I revisited this one as well. I told myself I wasn't going to do these old ones with my Morgan team and so far I've been eating my words. We'll see how things progress but I went ahead and did this one. But the twist is, all 3 clears are Abyssal! It's another one of those cases where I couldn't beat it with my Matthew team beforehand and had to throw units together for the accessory before the map's expiry on the first day. Revisiting it with a clear head and patience once more however, made for an easy victory. 

We're done here.

Xander’s Abyssal map is one of the most annoying, IMO~ But Matthew clears most of the enemies on his own before anyone else has to lift a finger~ The only one he doesn’t kill is Xander himself~ I thought it was funny that Genny ends up getting the final kill~

Morgan gets brought down to the wire right away but also ends up getting rid of most of the map fairly quickly. Having Amelia makes that Lance Fighter easier to get rid of, and on that note, the final Cleric. Ninian against Xander was cool to see since she doesn’t often engage in much combat but with Priscilla helping chip him down, she gets rid of him pretty nicely~

Special Clear was really a team effort~ Reinhardt make it easier upfront dealing with the Swords, Xander especially. Azura ended up taking a lot of hits despite not getting into combat. Matt’s showdown with the Lance Fighter was quite the battle, but one he came out on top with a little help from Lon’qu at the end~ 

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Congrats (on all three clears), you really ring the bells before calling an end to your FEH clears era. Can't believe you would ever stop with these. 

4 hours ago, Azuris said:

Looks like you got a lot of motivation left for the end.

I told myself I was going to take it easy. But as we get closer to the end I feel like I don't want to have regrets. Don't want to look at any of these maps and say "darn it, I could have done this for a clear" so... I guess I'm checking boxes. Once that final clear goes up next year, I'm done. Anything that's left on the table after the fact is collateral, and I want to avoid that.

4 hours ago, Azuris said:

What? Matthew ditched his team for Rein & Co. Aw, and I thought they worked so well together.

My Matthew team can beat nearly any map (if I've got the right skills) with time and patience. But in a rush against the tougher maps they tend to falter, these are the types of team comps you get then you're just trying to hurry up and get the prize. That and Blade tomes/Brave Bow +dancers. You probably know that as well, and you likely will in time if you don't already.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

My Matthew team can beat nearly any map (if I've got the right skills) with time and patience. But in a rush against the tougher maps they tend to falter, these are the types of team comps you get then you're just trying to hurry up and get the prize. That and Blade tomes/Brave Bow +dancers. You probably know that as well, and you likely will in time if you don't already.

Yes, I know.

It wasn't meant a criticism. I am sorry.

51 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Yes, I know.

It wasn't meant a criticism. I am sorry.

Oh, no worries, I didn't take it that way. Sorry if I came off a certain way. It's hard to put a tone on text only.

No Abyssal clear on this one yet. I still need to find out the right strategy for it.

In the meantime I did do a little infernal run with a 'Sharena and friends' theme. The video did lose some quality when uploading it to youtube, but it'll have to do.

So here is Sharena, Raigh, Matthew and Wrys vs Infernal Xander

Edited by Sasori

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

No Abyssal clear on this one yet. I still need to find out the right strategy for it.

In the meantime I did do a little infernal run with a 'Sharena and friends' theme. The video did lose some quality when uploading it to youtube, but it'll have to do.

So here is Sharena, Raigh, Matthew and Wrys vs Infernal Xander

Wouldn't Sharena and friends look more like this?

6859F67D-4105-49D4-92EA-68C3870FF47A.jpe

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Did Abyssal this morning:

@Landmaster

Actually was planning this one for a few days. Kinda sad that even with Abyssal stat inflation, Xander's Res is so piss poor even Hinoka can ploy him.

Forgot how pathetic Xander's Res is~ I liked Pass on Caeda, never would have thought of that myself~

Worked out a way to one turn this, but it would require Hinoka to not be +Def. She doesn't take enough damage to get into WoM range.

Praying IS puts her on another banner soon.

• 5 months later...

Xander, it's time for you to go home, in pieces. 

Spoiler

Felicia & friends: Savage Blow really saving me here. I was a little worried Panic Ploy would prevent me from clearing the map but it worked out fine. Felicia needed the Res Tactic buff to survive the 2 green mages.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi