Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

@Michelaar, here you go!

I admittedly don't know the stats of the Green Cavalier, but everything else should be accurate. Skills pending.

Enemy Stats and Strats

Spoiler

Grand Hero Battle: Xander, Paragon Knight

Xander
HP: 61
Atk: 48
Spd: 25
Def: 38
Res: 17
Skills: Siegfried, Armored  Blow 3, Spur Def 3, Blazing Light

ORKO Benchmarks
Physical: Don't bother
Magical: 48 Atk (40 with WTA, 35 with Triangle Adept 3), 30 Spd

Your Xander killer needs to be able to survive a counter, which will do 39 damage with WTD before applying defense.

--Note: For the rest of these calculations, take care that your strategies also factor in Xander's Spur Def 3 (+4) if he is adjacent to an enemy, as it can prevent important KO's--

Green Cavalier (Stats and skills estimated from Grand Hero Battle: Narcian, Wyvern General)
HP: 40 (31 @ Lv. 35)
Atk: 36 + 11 OR 36 + 13 (31 + 7 @ Lv. 35)
Spd: 26 (21 @ Lv. 35)
Def: 19 (14 @ Lv. 35)
Res: 35 (30 @ Lv. 35)
Skills: Gronnraven+ OR Rexcalibur+, Death Blow 3 (?), Vantage, Unknown Special Skill (4)

ORKO Benchmarks
Physical: 39 Atk (33 with WTA), 31 Spd; can be OHKO'd with 59 Atk (50 with WTA)
Magical: 55 Atk (46 with WTA), 31 Spd

Blue Lance / Red Sword
HP: 52
Atk: 42
Spd: 31
Def: 30
Res: 23
Skills: Killer Lance+ / Killing Edge+, Quick Riposte, Unknown Special Skill (4-1)

ORKO Benchmarks
Physical: 56 Atk (47 with WTA), 36 Spd
Magical: 49 Atk (41 with WTA), 36 Spd

Healer
HP: 42
Atk: 34
Spd: 28
Def: 24
Res: 36
Skills: Gravity, Wings of Mercy, Unknown Special Skill (2)

ORKO Benchmarks
Physical: 45 Atk, 33 Spd
Magical: Don't bother

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. The begin post will now be going under construction, so please bear with me until then.

I guess I will put the Green Cavalier stats in when I play the grand hero battle myself.

EDIT: Ok, for now, I just put in everything we know for sure, this will be filled in further when the grand hero battle releases (In less than an hour, yay!)

Edited by Michelaar

Enemy positioning is pretty neat, their stats, not so much. (When you can't even double -Spd Klein you're a failure of a mage. Their lineup dissolved once Klein stuffed the right sword full of feathers. Any decent damage dealer could just pick it up from there and murder Xander and the Lance (I used Cordelia).)

Beat Lunatic w/ Ephraim, Olivia, Takumi, and Lucina. The high movement of the Green Cav and Xander had me a bit concerned at first but it's definitely do-able!

Done and over with. Used Ryoma, Ephraim, Michalis and Ninian.

Ryoma tanks the right side on turn 1, killing the green mage.

Turn 2, Michalis kills the lance (thanks to inherited lancebreaker)

Ephraim is danced over to finish off the sword while Ryoma retreats. 

Michalis tanks Xander on enemy phase.

Turn 3, Ryoma finishes off Xander. Everyone retreats.

After that, healer is baited out and killed.

Well, that was probably the easiest GHB yet. 

Beat it in two turns (three if you count turn 1 being spent on positioning) with Reinhardt, Ninian, Azura, and Ike. 

First turn of combat: Ike goes up and ORKOs the sword. He then tanks and OHKOs the green mage on enemy phase. 

Second turn: Reinhardt + two dancers clean up the remaining 3. 

Well, my previous team was good for Hard, not so much for Lunatic. Switched things around and put in Tharja for more SPD and Peri solo'd Xander after Nino did a hit and run on the lance. Team was Tharja, Peri, Nino and Olivia. Now, to get to work on Xander.

Nevermind, Subaki didn't need to be replaced after all. Any decently tanky lance unit would work. Subaki just works best thanks to Sapphire Lance. Still seems to be a 3-turn sweep though.

Edited by silverserpent

Wow okay that was a total breeze! Got both hard and lunatic in my first try with an experimental team of Soren, Ike, mRobin and Olivia. 

This map was made for mages!

Olivia danced Soren up to kill the lance. Ike repositioned him out of harms way, then Ike tanked the green mage and Xander (couldn't ORKO sinking -atk). Robin then cleaned up Xander and then other sword and my only trouble was not realizing the healer had wings of mercy and so I spent an extra turn chasing him around because he ended up out of range. :U

Edited by DarkLordIvy

Wow editing that was a pain. So much loading problems. But the begin post has been updated. Anyway, I'm now gonna try Lunatic, but I'm no expert at these battles.

Edited by Michelaar

Nowi + Nowi + Julia + Olivia

Kind of a top tier team but I ain't no MKV. Barely scooted through.

I need Xander for my cavalier team and im not even able to tank the right side with my 39 Jagen. Im running an unfulfilled Cecillia, 39+1 Hawkeye, a  38 Abel, and a 40 Abel.

Im ashamed to admit it, but hard is too much with gronwolf

EDIT:I cant ORKO anything but this healer or the mage but I cant get to the mage

Edited by rockocalypse

Done and dusted with Olivia, Eldigan, Reinhardt and Jeorge. 

I'm incredibly happy to get Xander, and also incredibly disappointed with his voice ._. Wtf with the voice direction??

I'm not sure how, but I just beat lunatic on the first try with a team of Eirika, m!Robin, Nino, and Olivia. Thank you Draw Back for letting me move Olivia out of the way from, like, everything.

Ike and Ryoma are both very good for this map I feel like Ike may be slightly better because of his bulk but I beat the map with a team of Ike, Eirika, Azura, and Julia, I also beat it by swapping out Ike for Ryoma. I'm not sure about how difficult these maps can be anymore with the unit selection most people are getting now.

Finished lunatic with S!Camilla/Lukas/Kagero/Y!Tiki

I will record it when I get the chance but Y!Tiki was mvp with the clutch heals. Used Kagero to throw her at the Sword unit, Tiki tanks him and the green cav while pulling him away from xander. 

2nd turn: tiki runs to kage and heals with R.Aid. Kage chips the lance while lukas finishes and end turn. you would think xander could kill lukas at 7 hp from the healer or kill tiki but nope, their def is too high.

3rd turn: Tiki aoe nukes everybody but the green cav and 1 rounds Xander. Kage and S!Camilla clean up while lukas runs. Green Cav exchange blows with Cam

4th turn:. S!Cam runs while Kage takes her spot but does not attack due to vantage + glacies. Instead hone attk gives tiki just enough to 1 shot the green cav.

Healer Y!Tiki OP!

3 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

I'm not sure about how difficult these maps can be anymore with the unit selection most people are getting now.

well, I have an account where my only 5*s have been cavaliers. (and a Hawkeye)

None of them survive a round after the green cavalier. And he can hit every square wherein you can pull. On hard.

Unless im missing something

Edited by rockocalypse

There's a spot on the right the map where a buffed Nino can wreck the sword fighter and the mage cav, then double back the turn after to get the lance fighter. She basically took on the map by herself and only really needed someone else to take on Xander (my Nowi just about one-shot him). That spot is also clearly designed for Ike to wreck shop in.

I didn't have Ike or Ryoma, so I had to settle with putting a Hector in the Ike spot (if I didn't pull him I'd have a bit of trouble lol). Unfortunately, since my Hector is -HP, he got killed by the green Mage, so I had to bring Effie, who I gave Fortify Armor to, to buff Hector beforehand, so that he could live both the Sword and the Mage. He also needed Azura's Hone Atk to actually one shot the mage, since the sword unit would bring my Hector out of Armads QR range.

That was the part that required a brain. Then everyone rushed in and Reinhardt said hi.

OK! So, not that it matters at all that I got a 4* Xander, but I pulled it off on Lunatic

Caeda, Bunny Lucina, Merric, Karel.

BARELY tanking the physical damage against Xander, Caeda took 0 magic damage and could one shot the green Cavalier. Bunny Luci oneshotted both red sword and xander, and helped beat that healer, Merric finished off the blue lance and healer.

GmnZnbH.png
Ending positions of units for the Lunatic map.

IYhlREw.png

Easy. Far too easy. Team used was Ryoma (with Draw Back), Reinhardt, Hector and Olivia. GronnWolf+ mage doesn't scare Rein if I have Lobster Lord. >:) Hector didn't even do anything for this fight and only Rein took damage. xD

Well... That was slightly more straightforward than I was expecting (I beat it on my 3rd try, I believe?).

I used:

• 5* Lvl 40 Ike (+Spd, -HP)
  • 5* Lvl 40 Nowi (+HP, -Res)
  • 4* Lvl 40 Olivia (+HP, -Atk)
  • 5* Lvl 40 Klein (+Spd, -HP)

In the interest of saving time/stamina potions, I'll just do a quick, picture-less summary.

Turn 1: As per usual, this was spent wholly on positioning: no one made any sudden moves or agreed any cavalry units.

Turn 2: After a quick Rally Defense from Nowi and a quick dance from Olivia, Ike moved to just inside the Red Sword/Green Mage's range.  On enemy phase, the Red Sword/Green Cav attacked Ike, leading to hefty damage for the Sword/death for the Cav.  The healer warped over to the Swordie and healed him, leaving him with 29 (?) HP and a fully charged Ignis.  Xander and the Lancer advanced.

Turn 3:  This was the turn that killed my previous two attempts, as I found out the hard way that neither Ike (first try) nor Nowi (second try) could live an Ignis boosted hit from the Red Sword on his turn.  Instead, I had the novel idea of simply not engaging the sword at all - Ike retreated and then was fully danced to safety by Olivia.  Finally, a combination of Klein and Nowi was *just* barely enough to take out the Lance before he caused any shenanigans, leaving only Nowi and Olivia in Xander's range and no one within the other sword's range.  On enemy phase, Xander attacked Olivia, leaving her at 13 HP.  The healer patched up the scary swordie to 44 (?) HP and swordie advanced forward.

Turn 4:  Finally, a breakthrough: thanks to (I can't believe I'm actually able to say this) +Spd on Klein, he was able to quadruple Xander, which, combined with a clutch Glacies activation, just barely took him out.  With some help from Olivia, Nowi was able to take out the Swordie (I'm not 100% sure about the reasoning here, unless the healer activated Solid Earth Balm on turn 2 without me noticing), and Ike advanced on his new prey.  The healer made some pitiful attempted attack at Nowi, but nothing much happened.

Turn 5: We cleaned up the healer, and the W was ours.

On the whole, this one seemed pretty straightforward, especially with a safe method of taking out the two Ignis tanks before they started trouble.  Klein was absolutely the MVP of this one for ORKOing Xander, of all people, though Nowi was a great help as per usual.  I should also try picture less summaries more often, as this one only took 40 minutes to recall/type out.

Best of luck to everyone else on their attempts :D:

Edited by red-and-soulless
Due to running out of Attachment space, all the relevant Grand Hero Battle pictures live here: http://imgur.com/a/oClwW