Did anyone kinda feel that we haven't seen the Emblians have a single generic Wyvern Rider soldier in their army?

King Marth 64

I did beaten all the main story, paralogue, and xenologue chapters in Normal, Hard, and Luntatic mode as of right now and I don't recall remembering that there's a single generic Wyvern Rider soldier from the Emblian Empire that was fought in the entire map in Fire Emblem Heroes. (I am not counting the recurring characters that are in the Wyvern class that fight for Veronica for the Contract) And plus, I don't see a single generic Wyvern Rider soldier appearing in one of the Grand Battles Event Maps either.

But, I also just wondered if those Generic Axe Pegasus soldiers could be actually replacing the Wyvern Riders in the Emblian Empire since this is the first Fire Emblem game that we see Pegasus Units using Axes in the entire Fire Emblem franchise and we did seen all the Outrealm characters that appeared as Wyvern Riders units that are available in the game except Spring Camilla usually have Axes?

Edited by King Marth 64

Heroes is a Fire Emblem game where every single wyvern using unit is an obtainable character while all the generic enemy fliers use pegasi. In other words, wyverns are associated with the good guys and pegasi are associated with the bad guys in this game.

Problem? What problem? This is the epitome of awesome.

I wonder if we will ever see a playable wyvern rider with a weapon other than axes (aside from bunny Camilla). In the GBA games they could only use lances and swords, so I could see Vaida, Cormag, or Valter being lance using wyvern riders. Although they did give Narcian axes so idk...

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I wonder if we will ever see a playable wyvern rider with a weapon other than axes (aside from bunny Camilla). In the GBA games they could only use lances and swords, so I could see Vaida, Cormag, or Valter being lance using wyvern riders. Although they did give Narcian axes so idk...

Altenna, Travant, and Ashnard all have special non-axe ultimate weapons, so hopefully they'll all make it into the game with them.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I feel like Valter, especially should definitely have a lance, since he was mentioned to be cursed with a lance he tried to wield, plus his class literally only uses lances... But you never know with this game! 

Heath has always been pretty lancey to me. Vaida, despite never having one in her game, I can see with an axe, but Heath should have his lance imo. Not sure why I feel that. Cormag and Glen I can see with axes, despite again not having them in their game. They have a bit more bulk to them than Heath, though. 

So hopefully at least those two, as well as the ones mentioned previously with their special weapons ^.^

26 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I feel like Valter, especially should definitely have a lance, since he was mentioned to be cursed with a lance he tried to wield, plus his class literally only uses lances... But you never know with this game! 

Heath has always been pretty lancey to me. Vaida, despite never having one in her game, I can see with an axe, but Heath should have his lance imo. Not sure why I feel that. Cormag and Glen I can see with axes, despite again not having them in their game. They have a bit more bulk to them than Heath, though. 

So hopefully at least those two, as well as the ones mentioned previously with their special weapons ^.^

Yeah Valter has a lance in his backstory, but it being a lance was likely because valter/cormag used lances. (Duessel was a weapon triangle master himself, imo leaning towards axes then lances, then swords) and while in heroes units only use 1 weapon I haven't seen anything to suggest thier other weapons get retconned out of existence. (And we have art with extra weapons of a type they don't use) Not saying Valter should switch, I think he'd be a great choice for a lance using wyvern rider. I just don't think the cursed weapon being a lance is all that important. (On a different note, those unts who have an association with being a master of multiple weapons got screwed, Duessel is going to be the next whoever the lucius/lachieses equivalent is) 

Edited by goodperson707

I know they need a balanced cast but I'm a bit annoyed that all Wyverns must use axes. Probably won't happen but I'm hoping for a lance wyvern, maybe in Heath or Melady. 

Incidentily,I'm okay with canon Great Knights using axes, as the lance and sword are typical of virtually every other cavalier.

21 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Isn't Michalis fighting for her in chapter 9 part 1? And minerva?

Misreading or snark? Generic is specified in both the title and the orignal post. (And an alternate clarification eliminating them as well so generic jokes don't quite work anyway)

25 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Misreading or snark? Generic is specified in both the title and the orignal post. (And an alternate clarification eliminating them as well so generic jokes don't quite work anyway)

What, no misread. I can only see out one eye right now.