Battle and Spell Animations Thread

Primefusion

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Female Halberdier Disarmed animation seems to have some kind of bug. I inserted it and it bugs out whenever I try testing out the animation. The armed version works great, however. Is there any other way I could insert it? I have tested other animations in substitution for that one and they all work as well, so I've deduced that it is the animation file itself (it inserts fine, does not load in-game at all).

On 4/8/2017 at 8:22 PM, Primefusion said:

@Wiru Have you tried simply assigning the disarmed animation the map animation?

Well, I'd rather have battle animations for all my classes. I prefer it that way. Thanks, though.

By the way, I inserted the Male Halberdier 2.0 animations and made it to be a promotion for the Soldier class. When I promote my Soldier to Halberdier, though, it seems like I can't change the color palette.

Say I made Lowen a Soldier and he promotes to Halberdier, I go to FE Recolor and BS palette assembler to switch up the color palette for Lowen (promoted) but still no changes appear in game and I keep getting the Soldier palette all the time.

Thoughts, anyone?

• 1 month later...

In regards to this sheet from the original thread, which needed conversion to an animation:

RussellClark's alternate female swordmaster battle animation based on Guy's animation

Spoiler

fe_alternate_female_swordmaster_spritesh

I have converted this to an animation ready for FEditor Adv import:
Download: https://mega.nz/#!KEF0UDoI!LRRnvPw_FvYg3EJLm2g4PNCnDYyWNXx19GHZaUdLcNg
Demo:

Spoiler

I have also made my own edits to it make a long-haired version:
Download: https://mega.nz/#!2RMGRQxb!MSPqxBkkAuxGC07xvPRWg9iujjbEpukJWILWspfItNM
Demo:

Spoiler

EDIT: Updated 2017-10-03 to fix back half of sword not showing up during the "weapon goes through enemy" frame

Edited by Glennwing

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. Im back again at the animations. I made some Ice Dragons for FE7, im using the DS Ice Dragon:

Spoiler

Here are The links, we got two versions. Ninian and Nils:

Nils:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twhbbfwufgjwi3l/Nils Ice Dragon.rar?dl=0

Ninian:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qjmq3cjwt3sha5/Ninian Ice dragon.rar?dl=0

Lloyd Swordmaster Animation Fix

At the beginning of the swordmaster animation, the swordmaster will do a little twirl if they get a critical strike; for some reason Lloyd does the twirl on all of his attacks, both normal and critical (sometimes I wonder if it was intentional to make his normal strike start out the same way as a critical to make players have a heart attack whenever Lloyd attacks :P:). However, this replacement animation changes him so that he behaves like other swordmaster animations if you wish. 

Spoiler

It's hard to see the difference in the GIF because of the framerate, but it's more apparent ingame.

59d54573d58eb_LloydPatch.gif.2191a94a0464e7ec547bfa91ca6cafa2.gif

Download (FEditor Adv):
https://mega.nz/#!XAdXwYSL!YkRqOpHvwx6B5fDzR_FWIGvr59yNgpnpuTKku7_xo7s

Assassin Vanilla Animation Fix

The vanilla assassin animation has some differences (a few pixels around the head and neck area) between the standing frame and the final frame of the attack animation, so that there's a sudden change at the end of the attack when it transitions back to the standing frame. It's small, but can't be unseen once you see it ;):. This replacement animation fixes it.

Assassin with Full Shirt

Pretty self explanatory. No more exposed belly, if you prefer it this way.

Edited by Glennwing

Eliwood Knight Lord (Ephraim-Based Replacement)

This is a replacement for Eliwood's clunky promoted animation, based on Ephraim's much smoother promoted animation. The sword animation is based on the Ephraim Great Lord with Sword animation by eCut and Kitty of Time. A palette change for Eliwood will be required if this animation is inserted (detailed below), since the distribution of colors is different (4 horse shades and 3 armor shades vs 3 horse shades and 4 armor shades). Please note I have not made a special animation for Durandal; it will have to use the standard sword animation.

Spoiler

Demo:

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!fVM3kSDA!RtfxMvqeVaB4S4sH7rJZeWxWll6WQBg4qBrw9ztVP_U

For the palette change, Eliwood's promoted battle palette is located at FDA524 in a vanilla FE7 ROM. Offsets FDA529 through FDA54B are the bytes to be replaced.

Original:

55 53 FF 7F 9E 63 1F 4B 00 39 2A 5A 00 1F 20 52 00 00 98 77 D2 6A CB 49 73 7F 00 6C 76 68 61 85 50 A5 14

New:

55 53 FF 7F 9E 63 1F 4B 00 39 2A 1F 20 5A 00 52 00 00 76 7F 6C 76 68 61 98 77 00 F3 6E 50 5E 69 3D A5 14

FE10 Fighter, Palette Compatibility Version

This is a modified version of Mage Knight 404's FE10-style Fighter Animation. The purpose of this edit is to give the animation compatibility with the existing color palettes of fighter characters, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for the vanilla fighter animation without needing to modify any characters' palettes. Due to a different distribution of colors (3 hair shades and 3 skin shades in the FE10 animation vs 2 hair shades and 4 skin shades in the vanilla) the hair gradient has been flattened to two colors, but the quality difference is not much.

Spoiler

This demo shows the results of the original FE10 Fighter animation by Mage Knight 404, and the modified version here, if the animation is inserted with no other edits (i.e. palette changes).

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!KENlxBob!QBnDp9eRKwWGMux-hYIxt_HUwrXbOlkzdo2YXh3UhO0

Hoodless Assassin (F) Hair Modification

This is a modified version of Keks_Krebs's hoodless assassin animation. The hair on the female version looked a bit odd to me so I fixed it up a bit. I post it here in case anyone else also wants it. Note that, as with all custom assassin animations, the "shimmer" before a lethality/silencer strike is a bit messed up.

Edited by Glennwing

@marlon0024

Not sure if you have a sprite thread where this should be directed, but your animations seem to have some issues with the placement of sprites. If you look at your monk, instead of stepping back when casting, moving about a foot to pivot, his body stays still while his feet slide around. I think you might have some success basing the positioning of them off their in game location. Some of the sprite rips bwdyeti has done, which can be found at http://www.bwdyeti.com/fe/anims/ might be helpful. Also, the long haired sage seems to have a weird flash at the end of his animation.

• 1 month later...

Questions. Is the fe7 paladin axe animation (both female and male) compatible with fe8? Also, is there a male bow paladin animation? Stupid questions, I know. Sorry xD.

Edited by Bhoop

12 hours ago, Bhoop said:

Questions. Is the fe7 paladin axe animation (both female and male) compatible with fe8?

Yes

Also, is there a male bow paladin animation?

Not that I know of. Maybe someone has one but hasn't posted it yet.

While browsing through an old FE Universe thread with Battle Sprites, I saw a GIF Klokinator had made, and was wondering if it was ever made into a proper animation. If not, is there a way to take a GIF and put it into a usable format so it could be inserted into an FE game?

bigass+sword+eliwood+(ML)+animation.gif

Edited by Super-Dude9k

I'd try for it either way. I don't think klok is inactive. If he doesn't respond here, he might respond on reddit (active on r/fexna). As for creating an in game sprite, the ultimate tutorial section on feditor animation insertion probably has what you're looking for. You might need to pull apart the gifs frames for that.

So, I hit a snag where the forum software wouldn't let me update several of the animation posts. It'd always error out and give me some nonsense about the post being too old.
That sure does put a damper on things when I want to update those posts.
I've moved everything into the OP, which doesn't seemed affected by this issue. The other posts have been hidden.

I also have some good news! Now that my mod is done, I'm releasing this animation:

Ike - Radiant Dawn
ePFdJni.png
Credit: Flyingace24, Primefusion
Download

Cheers~

On 12/3/2017 at 1:15 PM, L95 said:

Klok grants permission, I'll just paste what he said

ZyScN0h.png

Alright, cool. I've got the gif separated into frames, and I'm making each frame the proper size. As somebody who's never made an FE animation, this is completely new territory for me.

Also, does anybody know who made this? Somebody posted this in the Fire Emblem subreddit. 

DQYzyifUQAEFfX_.gif

Yes.

That was me.

(And on a different note what the heck did this fucker do to my poor, innocent gif?! It looks like ass and is more than twice as big as it should be! This is the original.)

On a different related other note, I have a couple of things someone might enjoy.

cu3gMho.png

First up: It's a fighter, but with a sword! A sword fighter, if you will. I needed this for reasons. Comes with Hector's sword, but also a more generic one. Nothing fancy here, it's just the fighter animation with a sword.

UwLibzR.png

(And one of these things, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

WTxgAm9.png

Second: It's a Lyn, but with an axe! Again based on existing animations, but hey, it works. Contains animations for both promoted and unpromoted classes, including hand axes. (Edit: Fixed unpromoted handaxe stance, the hand looks better now.)

Edit again: Map sprites. These were a joint effort with MorthThePronceOfAlteo.

lcy3g3X.png

And third, by request, this replaces Hector's critical hit with a punch. It looks like this in action (image linked for flashing and size).

Edited by vilkalizer

3 hours ago, vilkalizer said:

Yes.

That was me.

(And on a different note what the heck did this fucker do to my poor, innocent gif?! It looks like ass and is more than twice as big as it should be! This is the original.)

On a different related other note, I have a couple of things someone might enjoy.

cu3gMho.png

First up: It's a fighter, but with a sword! A sword fighter, if you will. I needed this for reasons. Comes with Hector's sword, but also a more generic one. Nothing fancy here, it's just the fighter animation with a sword.

UwLibzR.png

(And one of these things, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

WTxgAm9.png

Second: It's a Lyn, but with an axe! Again based on existing animations, but hey, it works. Contains animations for both promoted and unpromoted classes, including hand axes.

Sweet, glad I could find you. Is that animation available for download? 

On another note, there are so many Lyn animations. I can't use the Nightmare module anymore. I have to manually edit the values in with HxD just so I can use them all.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, Super-Dude9k said:

Alright, cool. I've got the gif separated into frames, and I'm making each frame the proper size. As somebody who's never made an FE animation, this is completely new territory for me.

It would have been easier if it had been the size of a battle frame with the animation already in the correct positioning, but I'll see what I can do :P Though I probably won't get back to you for another week or two since I'm really busy this next week.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:24 PM, Glennwing said:

It would have been easier if it had been the size of a battle frame with the animation already in the correct positioning, but I'll see what I can do :P Though I probably won't get back to you for another week or two since I'm really busy this next week.

I'm in no rush. Besides, if you end up doing it better than I can, it'll be worth the wait. Working on resizing and repositioning every frame is pretty tedious, so I haven't made much progress.