Battle and Spell Animations Thread

Primefusion

9 minutes ago, Super-Dude9k said:

I'm in no rush. Besides, if you end up doing it better than I can, it'll be worth the wait. Working on resizing and repositioning every frame is pretty tedious, so I haven't made much progress.

Yup. Since all the original frames are in the same position relative to each other though, the positioning shift will be exactly the same for each frame, so I should be able to write a script that will do all frames, when I have time.

Edited by Glennwing

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yezus f christ don't tell me you're doing all that shit manually.

Look, just... just take this, okay? It's properly positioned and crunched down to 16 colours (the original has like 34 so it's not insertable), someone will still have to arrange piercing frames and script it (read: not me because fuuuuuck scripting animations) and do something about those flashing frames if they're going to be used but holy shit man some things should not be done by hand.

edit: whoops ^ missed the above post, but you still shouldn't have to write a script when there are things that will do all this for you.

Edited by vilkalizer

Hi

I am looking for heal and sleep/silience spell for my game (it's not a hack). Do you have any?

And for others spell animation. Do you have transparent background version of them?

Thanks.

Edited by svpam111

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, Super-Dude9k said:

I'm in no rush. Besides, if you end up doing it better than I can, it'll be worth the wait. Working on resizing and repositioning every frame is pretty tedious, so I haven't made much progress.

Well, I have the animation frames all prepared (except piercing frames) and a script written, but when I try to compile the animation with FEditor Adv...

Spoiler

gyJM4pq.png

(EDIT: It's the white flash frames that are causing the problems, I'm going to replace them with C51 commands (short white flash) as the FEditor docs recommend, see if that will work).

(EDIT 2: The animation compiles now, but when I press "Save to File" it gives me this:)

Spoiler

70pKSqb.png

But here's a preview at least:

Spoiler

2eYY2rR.gif

(EDIT 3: Got it working ingame. Just going to make the piercing frames then I'll post it.)

Edited by Glennwing

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a fix for the Staff Rogue animation. Previously, the palette was in a different order than the vanilla Rogue animations, causing the staff animation to look like this:

vba-v24m-svn480_2018-01-14_23-46-07.png.2e57e332545d5a21d542b59ab1327977.png

Now the palette is in the same order as the vanilla Rogue, so it looks fine and works properly.

vba-v24m-svn480_2018-01-15_16-11-44.png.a5257dfacacc94dc4e459da842848322.png

I also made some animations for Myrm and Swordmaster Joshua. You can get them here.

vba-v24m-svn480_2018-01-16_01-18-48.png.1270634f055667fca7e9380bfc20aa56.png

vba-v24m-svn480_2018-01-16_03-50-35.png.36e629f53d7d34a21463af4fb1c35358.png

Edited by Super-Dude9k
more goodies

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with the Axe Armor Knight animation from this thread. It makes the game freeze. I'm not sure if its a problem with the animation or on my end since the other animations I've entered with fine. I'm using FEBuilder if that matters

5 hours ago, Armaada_J said:

I'm having a problem with the Axe Armor Knight animation from this thread. It makes the game freeze. I'm not sure if its a problem with the animation or on my end since the other animations I've entered with fine. I'm using FEBuilder if that matters

I downloaded the Axe Armor Knight animation and applied it to Seth in FE 8 using FE builder and it seems to be fine, which game are you using?

Are you overwriting an existing class?

If you extended the class list on FE8 did you apply the class limit extension patch first?

8 hours ago, glass124 said:

I downloaded the Axe Armor Knight animation and applied it to Seth in FE 8 using FE builder and it seems to be fine, which game are you using?

Are you overwriting an existing class?

If you extended the class list on FE8 did you apply the class limit extension patch first?

I figured out the issue. I was applying the animation to Moulder but remove his staff rank. Removing his staff rank fixed it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've fixed the female bow paladin script ->Der made crit frames, and i corrected the rest of the script.

+ the two FE8 dancers. -> dancers can now double.

You can find them in the Klok repos.

Here is the fem bow pal : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QuArxb1BqPTK-ZMT0U68FxirVln00xPJ

And here the fe8 dancers : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DndQIGVfYVmoFhdcoFSR-tuDNO_OJ9ED

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 12:16 PM, vilkalizer said:

Yes.

That was me.

(And on a different note what the heck did this fucker do to my poor, innocent gif?! It looks like ass and is more than twice as big as it should be! This is the original.)

On a different related other note, I have a couple of things someone might enjoy.

cu3gMho.png

First up: It's a fighter, but with a sword! A sword fighter, if you will. I needed this for reasons. Comes with Hector's sword, but also a more generic one. Nothing fancy here, it's just the fighter animation with a sword.

UwLibzR.png

(And one of these things, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

WTxgAm9.png

Second: It's a Lyn, but with an axe! Again based on existing animations, but hey, it works. Contains animations for both promoted and unpromoted classes, including hand axes. (Edit: Fixed unpromoted handaxe stance, the hand looks better now.)

lcy3g3X.png

And third, by request, this replaces Hector's critical hit with a punch. It looks like this in action (image linked for flashing and size).

Dude. This Lyn is really awesome! I might use it in my project... If that's ok.

Also... Is there a map sprite for her? I'm trying to make a FE7 Hack and I'm a very detailed person, so I need a map sprite. And no, I can't make a map sprite. I can do anything else except a map sprite.

I thank you in advance.

Yeah, I wouldn't be posting it in a public resource thread if I didn't want anyone to use it.

I don't usually do map sprites, but I actually did make one for axeLyn.

ptMnzNM.png

It probably needs to be formatted though, and don't ask me about that because I've never done it.

15 minutes ago, vilkalizer said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be posting it in a public resource thread if I didn't want anyone to use it.

I don't usually do map sprites, but I actually did make one for axeLyn.

ptMnzNM.png

It probably needs to be formatted though, and don't ask me about that because I've never done it.

Oh thank you so much. I'll do the formatting myself.

Is Team SALVAGED's Cavalier insertable in FE7? I added the animation in and the palette is wrong no matter how I change it. It was inserted through FEBuilder if that makes a difference.

Clean_FE7.png

Edited by TrueNanaya
Adding method of insertion.

Sup guys.
Since I never submitted any of my animations here, I'd like to catch up in that regard.

Marshall Zelgius

5ac7e8f555170_Sword(Alondite).gif.576cec38954ed94476bb92a6df56240e.gif
Credt: Nuramon and Luerock (I referenced Alondite from the BK animation)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywp69iu9y01p5t2/Marshall_Zelgius.rar?dl=0
The package contains 3 animations (sword, unarmed and Alondite), map sprites and a mug. Also please read the readme ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sniper edit

Bow.gif.d4e74d09966822b45a82aa18b25af396.gif
Credit: Nuramon, Swain, Temp, Wan
  - male
  - male generic (also credit to Swain)
  - female
  - Rebecca (also credit to Temp and Wan)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5uqrnrkwugdtft/Snipers.rar?dl=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General w/ shield

Lance.gif.685485cd8295d48ef7f70eb3ca1864d9.gif

Comes with animations for Spear, Axe (normal and swing), Handaxe, Sword, Magic and unarmed
Credit:
 - Nuramon: Sword, Spear, Axe, Handaxe, unarmed, Magic
 - The Blind Archer: Axe swing
 - DerTheVaporeon: Magic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdhnfl6o0tza7rn/General.rar?dl=0

FE10 armored knight

Lance.gif.59f3bdf69b3ab8aab5adcfee3c524e5e.gif

Credit:
- Nuramon
- Iscaneus on DeviantArt for the battle sprites  (and the permission to animate them xD)

Comes with animations for Spear, Axe, Handaxe, Sword, Bow and unarmed

New map sprites are included as well!

5ac7ed6f09d62_SpearMapSpritespreview.gif.82448943156b0031a7b77a2829425b03.gif5ac7ed7528f6b_SwordMapSpritespreview.gif.3eb7367b05e0d737ccf85ad1e335b6b4.gif5ac7ed77e9ce0_AxeMapSpritespreview.gif.aee2efe66ce1d2a0153cf5e2a8a690c3.gif5ac7ed7ac1a5c_BowMapSpritespreview.gif.9550813f0aca2368615217f9ac350943.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qa6yl1w1z7q4x4/FE10 Knight.rar?dl=0

Grand Paladin

Axe.gif.bc5a0bf992f4b698871a8b60a5dcf9f3.gif

One of the animations from the yggdra Patch for FE8.
I added the missing weapon types (Axe, Handaxe and Bow) and the unarmed anim.

Credits:
- Aruku and Kenpuhu for the original animations (Spear and Sword)
- Nuramon:
    - repalette (separated the armor colours from the horse ones)
    - new animations (Axe, Handaxe, Bow and unarmed)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw1ibgrqv2tn6i9/Grand_Paladin.rar?dl=0

Sage!Lute w/ long hair

Also from the yggrda patch.
I gave her some extensions xD

Magic.gif.6f0946d448d67da60378963ea43ce05e.gifStaff.gif.be6580a80b02cf3fb1cd78cf445d001d.gif
Credits:
- Aruku and Kenpuhu for the original animation
- Nuramon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui7bp21yauqgd0/Lute Sage (long hair).rar?dl=0

FE10 Black Dragon

Magic.gif.66ada07a0cf63972446ede445df46621.gif
Credit: Nuramon
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd19222mv0hyvp1/FE10_Black Dragon.rar?dl=0

Greentea's animation

The folloing animations were made by Greentea
I only wrote the scripts for these

Sage!Pent
Magic.gif.ccbf4b1c66aae419d55497f2579be8b0.gifStaff.gif.3b9dda618721c14fb343b669dfe69c9c.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/felg1joeh9nxd37/Pent (Sage) by Greentea.rar?dl=0

Sage!Limstella
Magic.gif.dc0c84a8cca1825d0e12ed11759854a2.gifStaff.gif.e4feaaca481b7ed819092c40f6f904d5.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx74jzhqq5l156x/Limstella (Sage) by Greentea.rar?dl=0

Assassin!Jaffar
Sword.gif.2ef70b232fbbd3e976d6d2160cd5dac4.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18dh4kyh4czlkw8/Jaffar (Assassine) by Greentea.rar?dl=0

Finally I want to show you my most recent animation.

The Harbinger

The goal was to make the hector great lord even more badass, which was (according to quite a few people on FEU) a success. xD
_Anim_Axe.gif.8163cffa5880dcea4fe2e415300c2e4b.gif_Anim_Sword.gif.8fcec7466e51853539be0ca8d9dd3e67.gif_Anim_Magic.gif.be804ddf4f304b67da12a912df971990.gif

Credit: Nuramon, Linkain Arakeist(for the magical orb)

Comes with animations for Axe, Handaxe, Sword, Magic and unarmed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7kc8gbmnswlofu/Harbinger.rar?dl=0

And that concludes my portfolio of custom battle animations. ;)
.. at least until now xD

kind regads
Nura

5 hours ago, MorthThePronceOfAlteo said:

So... After 15-20 minutes of work I managed to format the map sprite Vilkalizer posted and made the promoted version. It's my first time doing this sort of thing so if it looks bad, I'm sorry.

Cool! I made a zip and added a link under the battle animation, so it's all available in one place.